Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,450 members, 7,781,301 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:02 PM

Between Nairalist And [nairalist+s] - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Between Nairalist And [nairalist+s] (1205 Views)

Free Nairalist Clone Script / What Happened To Nairalist? / I'm Testing Nairalist.com: What Do You Think? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Between Nairalist And [nairalist+s] by fatherab1: 8:01am On Mar 26, 2009
I am surprised that another website that looks exactly like Nairalist which happens to be called [nairalist+s] [exists]. Why on earth should some-one nest his own idea under the shadow of another person's idea? Why can't they form theirs using a totaly different name to create their unique brand?

After browsing through that (counterfeit?) site, I came to terms with the fact that there are some feautures that it possesses that the real one doesnt have.
1. Nairalist seem to carry the philosophy of Nairaland. Its like a mordified and simplified Nairaland. Whereas [nairalist+s] carries the Nigerian spirit. It bears our National Flag. Can you imagine?

2. Another issue is that the real Nairalist covers the states of nigeria while the counterfeit site (Niralists) covers Africa.

These are just 2 of my observations. I am placing them here so that the webmasters (whoever they are) can look into them and try to put them into consideration.
Re: Between Nairalist And [nairalist+s] by OmniPotens(m): 1:50pm On Mar 26, 2009
father ab:

I am surprised that another website that looks exactly like Nairalist which happens to be called [nairalist+s] is gaining steady prominence. Why on earth should some-one nest his own idea under the shadow of another person's idea? Why can't they form theirs using a totaly different name to create their unique brand?

After browsing through that (counterfeit?) site, I came to terms with the fact that there are some feautures that it possesses that the real one doesnt have.
1. Nairalist seem to carry the philosophy of Nairaland. Its like a mordified and simplified Nairaland. Whereas [nairalist+s] carries the Nigerian spirit. It bears our National Flag. Can you imagine?

2. Another issue is that the real Niralist covers the states of nigeria while the counterfeit site (Niralists) covers Africa.

These are just 2 of my observations. I am placing them here so that the webmasters (whoever they are) can look into them and try to put them into consideration.

Pls what do you mean by putting them into consideration?
Re: Between Nairalist And [nairalist+s] by TOXINIE(f): 2:08pm On Mar 26, 2009
thanks bro for the observation,i think it's what we need for the growth of this web.guy u should know the meaning if putting something into consideration.in case u don't know,it means looking into something and buying the idea.
Re: Between Nairalist And [nairalist+s] by OmniPotens(m): 2:16pm On Mar 26, 2009
Are you meaning Nairalist copying Nairalist+s? I want to understand you better. One more thing, who copied who in the design/ development? I just want to get the point well then know what you are meaning by buying idea thing.
Re: Between Nairalist And [nairalist+s] by Seun(m): 4:37pm On Mar 26, 2009
@Omnipotens: What do you mean who copied who? You seriously mean you don't know?
Re: Between Nairalist And [nairalist+s] by mukina2: 5:44pm On Mar 26, 2009
Nairalist+ s is a counterfeit , the person copied Nairalist, copies the ads on a daily basis, The people on that site copies everything they see on Real Nairalist,

The design on each site is different, Nairalist, deals with Nigerian ads by state , overseas ads and genuine ads. nairalist+s copies ads from Nairalist, and post them, its a copy copy tif tif site tongue

OmniPotens:

Are you meaning Nairalist copying Nairalist+s? I want to understand you better. One more thing, who copied who in the design/ development? I just want to get the point well then know what you are meaning by buying idea thing.

Oga tongue Nairalist +s copied Nairalist tongue geddit?
Re: Between Nairalist And [nairalist+s] by OmniPotens(m): 5:48pm On Mar 26, 2009
Of course I do. I was only asking the guy to really know what he thinks. He was saying something like nairalist should look and see what [nairalist+s] has done. So I was pissed off and decided to know his stand.

Well, that site [[nairalist+s]] is just a total copy and paste.
Re: Between Nairalist And [nairalist+s] by mukina2: 5:50pm On Mar 26, 2009
OmniPotens:

Of course I do. I was only asking the guy to really know what he thinks. He was saying something like nairalist should look and see what [nairalist+s] has done. So I was pissed off and decided to know his stand.

Well, that site [[nairalist+s]] is just a total copy and paste.

cuz i was about to whoze you tongue tongue
Re: Between Nairalist And [nairalist+s] by Nobody: 9:34am On Mar 27, 2009
do u guys think the fake nairalist is getting visitors or Chukie Mav is doing the C&Ps
Re: Between Nairalist And [nairalist+s] by Seun(m): 7:06pm On Mar 27, 2009
Compare any section on [nairalist+s] with any section on Nairalist. It's just copy and paste.
Re: Between Nairalist And [nairalist+s] by Nobody: 7:11pm On Mar 27, 2009
this is very unfortunate and is the reason nigeria wont go anywhere anytime soon. How do you protect copyright?
Re: Between Nairalist And [nairalist+s] by Nobody: 8:24pm On Mar 27, 2009
but how come he is able to paste that much stuff, thousands of posts. he much have employees or something
Re: Between Nairalist And [nairalist+s] by OmniPotens(m): 11:47am On Apr 03, 2009
He needn't do copy and paste all the time. Just some few classes can do that. Once there is any post on nairalist, it will automatically appear on his as well. Since there is nothing dealing with login on the nairalist website for members, he can through his admin panel also delete or decide to leave whatever he wishes.

All these, not just healthy for programmers. Why not we develop more ideas and work them out. If he had done better customizations, I don't think anyone will be talking on this issue. Copyrights is what we should think about how to promote and make functional. Only with due permissions for usage or nothing else, not ban now grin but the law boomerangs.
Re: Between Nairalist And [nairalist+s] by Nobody: 7:04am On Apr 04, 2009
THat is naija for you. . .copy cats. Gbam!
Re: Between Nairalist And [nairalist+s] by Nobody: 12:36pm On Apr 06, 2009
It has been a while since I have been to Nairalist. Looks very, very good now. Seun, I still think you should consider making the search easier by creating sub categories. Right now it does not seem like a problem, however when you have hundred of thousands of listings, it is going to be a problem wading through all of them.

(1) (Reply)

Yahoo & Facebook Account Harkn Pls Help Me Out / The Most Obscure Forum: / Tutorial: Nairaland Wap 2.0 Mode Enabled :: Antispambot Version Of Nl

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.