Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,377 members, 7,808,342 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:37 AM

Babcock University Students Protest Increase Of Fees Via Social Media - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Babcock University Students Protest Increase Of Fees Via Social Media (29441 Views)

UNIBEN Students Protest Increase In School Fees (Photos, Video) / UNIBEN Students Protest Increase In Fees, Senate Shuts Down School (Photos) / Kwara Poly Students Protest Increase In Fees, Destroy Properties (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Babcock University Students Protest Increase Of Fees Via Social Media by chigoizie7(m): 8:50am On Aug 19, 2015
Later person go come d compare person wey no pay pass 500k both skul fees and house rent for the whole of 4yrs
Re: Babcock University Students Protest Increase Of Fees Via Social Media by lloydpras: 8:50am On Aug 19, 2015
Proud To Be One Of The Alumnis That scammed Babcock cool
Re: Babcock University Students Protest Increase Of Fees Via Social Media by Ayomax(m): 8:51am On Aug 19, 2015
Bobbystanley:

Stop hating

You just cant afford the fees
I agree but I rather go to a public university even if I have the money. (which I did)
Re: Babcock University Students Protest Increase Of Fees Via Social Media by shaddoww: 8:52am On Aug 19, 2015
Haaaaahaaa, so the rich also cry? And bubu don sack some of their parents nao ooooo, well God go win for them since protest no dey allowed
Re: Babcock University Students Protest Increase Of Fees Via Social Media by teebaxy(m): 8:53am On Aug 19, 2015
Don't they have chaplain? let them complain to the chaplain, i'm sure he knows what to do.
Re: Babcock University Students Protest Increase Of Fees Via Social Media by sandrahnaub(f): 8:53am On Aug 19, 2015
Dia ris God o

Ff on iG iamsandra_kelvin
Re: Babcock University Students Protest Increase Of Fees Via Social Media by idu1(m): 8:53am On Aug 19, 2015
Wetin consign me
Re: Babcock University Students Protest Increase Of Fees Via Social Media by omojeesu(m): 8:55am On Aug 19, 2015
The University was set up for business! Unfortunate!
Re: Babcock University Students Protest Increase Of Fees Via Social Media by Nobody: 8:55am On Aug 19, 2015
activelyA:

Things are not as easy as they seem...
I have a friend who considered private universities after 5 years of hustling public universities. It wasn't as if he didn't pass the post utme, but he soon realized it wasn't about that alone.
The politics involved in gaining admission into a public university is so much that even when he decided to eventually play along, he was at the loosing end and is not like the guy in question is buoyant financially. undecided

But in all, it doesn't justify the actions of these private universities.
I agree that admisison in public universities is largely dependant on who you know basis HOWEVER there are many students who have gained admission into public universities without knowing anyone and without bribing their way through. What you need is to try harder than the other person.

1 Like

Re: Babcock University Students Protest Increase Of Fees Via Social Media by Nobody: 8:57am On Aug 19, 2015
That's outrageous, anyways they signed for it sha.
Re: Babcock University Students Protest Increase Of Fees Via Social Media by Nobody: 8:59am On Aug 19, 2015
Guys, Guys, Guys. This is price issue in BABCOCK is something that will keep on appreciating more and more, I dont think there is much you can do about it. So i'll advise, Parents, If you are about to enrol your children to BABCOCK, You should budget twice the current amount and see if you can cope before entering at all. If you are already in, I will you all the best with the protest. May God help you all. GOOD THREND THO'
Re: Babcock University Students Protest Increase Of Fees Via Social Media by Yippsy(m): 9:00am On Aug 19, 2015
Thank God say I finish b4 all these ones come up. I feel for u guys tho. Being there for 4yrs I know how it feels for d fees to b increased. Buh believe sth will be done. Srry BU peeps
Re: Babcock University Students Protest Increase Of Fees Via Social Media by vosquare: 9:00am On Aug 19, 2015
grin

1 Like

Re: Babcock University Students Protest Increase Of Fees Via Social Media by DollyParton1(f): 9:00am On Aug 19, 2015
Private University aint by force.
it is normal that fees are increased.
Suck it up all ye Babcock students and parents!!!

1 Like

Re: Babcock University Students Protest Increase Of Fees Via Social Media by tayoxx(m): 9:00am On Aug 19, 2015
Ko kan mi o
Re: Babcock University Students Protest Increase Of Fees Via Social Media by michaelmo11(m): 9:01am On Aug 19, 2015
Would the "protest" online make any difference? All these religious institutions are indirectly making crime rate go up the charts.
Re: Babcock University Students Protest Increase Of Fees Via Social Media by Iamsolslim(m): 9:04am On Aug 19, 2015
I swear to God, 5 of my neighbour pikins graduated from this school. 2 of dem study nursing & medicine, 1 study law and d other 2 study accounting. Them still dey collect excursion fees & summer fees all tru

1 Like

Re: Babcock University Students Protest Increase Of Fees Via Social Media by guitarmanpharell(m): 9:04am On Aug 19, 2015
[quote author=Ayomax post=37109815]Private University is meant for lazy students[/quote yu a fool bro..
Re: Babcock University Students Protest Increase Of Fees Via Social Media by guitarmanpharell(m): 9:06am On Aug 19, 2015
Ayomax:
Private University is meant for lazy students
yur a fool bro

1 Like

Re: Babcock University Students Protest Increase Of Fees Via Social Media by Nobody: 9:07am On Aug 19, 2015
activelyA:

Things are not as easy as they seem...
I have a friend who considered private universities after 5 years of hustling public universities. It wasn't as if he didn't pass the post utme, but he soon realized it wasn't about that alone.
The politics involved in gaining admission into a public university is so much that even when he decided to eventually play along, he was at the loosing end and is not like the guy in question is buoyant financially. undecided

But in all, it doesn't justify the actions of these private universities.

lies
maybe your friend wanted to go to a particular school, if you pass jamb and post utme and have your ssce , there is no way you will hustle public universities for 5 years without gaining admission in any

1 Like

Re: Babcock University Students Protest Increase Of Fees Via Social Media by guitarmanpharell(m): 9:09am On Aug 19, 2015
MillionDollars:
their parents in the senate are receiving 20 something million Naira for clothing allowance. So what's the fuss
so na only senator pikin dy dere...R u reasoning at all?
Re: Babcock University Students Protest Increase Of Fees Via Social Media by Osisie(m): 9:10am On Aug 19, 2015
Protest? Na dem dey pay the fees? Their parents are rich....why the protest?

For the rich, the higher the price, the better the value/ego/pride.

I don't think poor kids attend Babcock so a protest is absolutely hilarious.

When did rich people start protesting against spending money?
Re: Babcock University Students Protest Increase Of Fees Via Social Media by emeraldo56(m): 9:14am On Aug 19, 2015
Instead of schooling in private school I will go nd study in USA
Re: Babcock University Students Protest Increase Of Fees Via Social Media by olapluto(m): 9:15am On Aug 19, 2015
Imagine a course like laboratory technology charging almost 500k per year on tuition. If you add classic accomodation, feeding and the rest, that totals like 900k a year.
4 year course = 3.6million naira.
Student graduates (lets say they even dash him 1st class). Which job offers anything higher than 60k a month for lab technicians? This is an example of a course that shouldnt be a university course. Polytechnics at most.

1 Like

Re: Babcock University Students Protest Increase Of Fees Via Social Media by Osisie(m): 9:17am On Aug 19, 2015
elookoo:

lies
maybe your friend wanted to go to a particular school, if you pass jamb and post utme and have your ssce , there is no way you will hustle public universities for 5 years without gaining admission in any

It's a better decision to shut ur mouth if u don't know what u're talking 'bout. No Offense. My elder bro got admission into Unilag last year, after 8 years. Graduated secondary sch in 2005. Wrote JAMB 8 times. U never meet people....

2 Likes

Re: Babcock University Students Protest Increase Of Fees Via Social Media by EndtimeBlessing: 9:17am On Aug 19, 2015
I will be speaking from another perspective.
Running a University is capital intensive. Look at how dilapidated the infrastructures of government institutions where they don't charge much are. I think these fees are fair if the service offered is commensurate.

4 Likes

Re: Babcock University Students Protest Increase Of Fees Via Social Media by damihayjay: 9:23am On Aug 19, 2015
Ayomax:
Private University is meant for lazy students

Is that the only thing ur lazy brain could come up with
Re: Babcock University Students Protest Increase Of Fees Via Social Media by Olufemiolaolu(m): 9:25am On Aug 19, 2015
IamforGod:
Lol @ parents pay through their nose to pay sch fees is it compulsory to go to babcock or becos ur neighbor is there it is by force.

Dear babcock parents cut ur coat according to ur cloth. If u can afford it then go ahead if u can't dnt complain and go somewhere else.

Na una papa build babcock shooo!
Gbam abi ooooo. It isnt by force now.
Re: Babcock University Students Protest Increase Of Fees Via Social Media by Lyoncrescent: 9:26am On Aug 19, 2015
If not for the simple fact that the Federal Government of Nigeria heavily subisdizes federal universities such as unilag, the school fees of such schools would also be as high as that as private universities. it is absurd for people to expect that private unis that dont recieve any form of subsidy and have to continually expand their facilities and buildings to be the same price as federal universities.Or may be students in public universities think its their school fees that is used to run their universities ? Think again.

The truth is if theres money for government to do all this then fine but no money. Primary and Secondary schools are suffering badly because Nigerian government is spending so much on public unis. Even Goodluck opened 7 more public unis. When last did any government open a federal secondary school or state primary school ? Do you know the state of Public secondary schools and state owned primary schools ? So you can send your child to a public university but not public primary school ? you see the irony. All the money spent on subsidizing university should have been spent making public primary and secondary schools world class so that the foundation can be good.At the very minimum free feeding and multi media teaching is a must. if there is money left from that then government can then spend that on subsidizing public unis. Do you know that the cost of a good private primary school in lagos is more than the cost of public universities ? Not everyone will go to uni but everyone must attend primary and secondary school.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Photos That Describe Words Used By Nigerians Only / Saburi Graduates After 14 Years In OAU / B.sc In Biochemistry & Masters In Pharmacy Can They Go Together?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.