Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,181 members, 7,807,579 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:38 PM

Likely Job Opportunities For Graduates In Islamic And Arabic Studies In Nigeria - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Likely Job Opportunities For Graduates In Islamic And Arabic Studies In Nigeria (4296 Views)

Private Quranic And Arabic Studies For Kids And Adults / The Arabic Origins Of Common Yoruba Words / Why Do Muslims Talk In Arabic? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Likely Job Opportunities For Graduates In Islamic And Arabic Studies In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:00am On Aug 19, 2015
Salaam Alaykum wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh.
I would like if anyone could help with information as regards to kinds of job a person with a bachelors degree and above in Islamic and Arabic Studies can do in Nigeria. I need your suggestions please.
Jazakumullah khayr
Re: Likely Job Opportunities For Graduates In Islamic And Arabic Studies In Nigeria by MrOlai: 6:35pm On Aug 19, 2015
abdulmii:
Salaam Alaykum wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh.
I would like if anyone could help with information as regards to kinds of job a person with a bachelors degree and above in Islamic and Arabic Studies can do in Nigeria. I need your suggestions please.
Jazakumullah khayr

1. You can teach in pry or sec school.

2. You can lecture in university.

3. You can work with embassies.

4. You can work with telecom companies e.g MTN, Etisalat, etc.

5. You can work with broadcasting companies e.g VOA, etc

6. You can work in a bank.

7. You can work in Aviation Industry.

8. In fact, you can work in virtually all companies now.... Gone are those days when somebody would read a course and would be told he/she cannot work somewhere.

Companies have what is referred to as psychometric tests now. They administer the tests to graduates from all disciplines be it Sciences, Engineerings, Arts, Languages, etc, just to determine the levels of IQ of applicants to see the extent to which they can perform on duties.

The general belief is that a graduate should be able to handle every duty with little training. This is why you would see the graduates of Yoruba, Agric. Engin, Biology, Education, Physics, Microbiology, Biochemistry, Medicine, Islamic Studies, etc in banks!

I hope this answers your question.

1 Like

Re: Likely Job Opportunities For Graduates In Islamic And Arabic Studies In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:38am On Aug 20, 2015
[quote author=MrOlai post=37128328]

Re: Likely Job Opportunities For Graduates In Islamic And Arabic Studies In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:41am On Aug 20, 2015
MrOlai:

6. ...
Jazakallahu khayr. Really grateful

1 Like

Re: Likely Job Opportunities For Graduates In Islamic And Arabic Studies In Nigeria by MrOlai: 1:04am On Aug 20, 2015
MrOlai:

6. You can work in a bank.

7. You can work in Aviation Industry.

8. In fact, you can work in virtually all companies now.... Gone are those days when somebody would read a course and would be told he/she cannot work somewhere.

Companies have what is referred to as psychometric tests now. They administer the tests to graduates from all disciplines be it Sciences, Engineerings, Arts, Languages, etc, just to determine the levels of IQ of applicants to see the extent to which they can perform on duties.

The general belief is that a graduate should be able to handle every duty with little training. This is why you would see the graduates of Yoruba, Agric. Engin, Biology, Education, Physics, Microbiology, Biochemistry, Medicine, Islamic Studies, etc in banks!

I hope this answers your question.

Read again please. The previous one was incomplete.
Re: Likely Job Opportunities For Graduates In Islamic And Arabic Studies In Nigeria by MrOlai: 1:06am On Aug 20, 2015
abdulmii:

Jazakallahu khayr. Really grateful

Waiyyakum my brother.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

What Are The Rights Of Women In Islam? / Fasting Six Days Of Shawwaal After The Obligatory Fast Of Ramadaan / Using Tasbeehyu For Azkar Counting Is Bidiah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.