Stats: 3,150,379 members, 7,808,348 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:42 AM

Stop Calling Buhari 'baba Go Slow' Dickson Warns - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Stop Calling Buhari 'baba Go Slow' Dickson Warns (26026 Views)

Fayose Replied For Calling Buhari His “Grandfather” / Some Nigerians Call Me Baba Go Slow - President Buhari (VIDEO) / Bloomberg - US Think Tank Calls Buhari "Baba Go Slow" (2) (3) (4)

Stop Calling Buhari 'baba Go Slow' Dickson Warns by leo2sexy: 6:16am On Aug 19, 2015
The Bayelsa State Governor, Seriake Dickson, has said it is wrong for some Nigerians to call President Muhammadu Buhari “Baba go slow,” adding that such a derisive appellation demeans the office of the President in the eyes of the international community.

Speaking during a news conference at the Eko Hotels and Suites, Victoria Island, Lagos, on Tuesday, Dickson said that calling the President derogatory names was bad politicking.

He also condemned those who referred to former President Goodluck Jonathan as “clueless,” saying it was wrong to demean the occupier of the highest office in the land.

The governor, whose tenure expires on February 28, 2016, has yet to formally declare his intention to seek re-election in the December 5, 2015 governorship election coming up in the state.

He said, “What are you saying when you call President Buhari ‘Baba go slow?’ In what light are you putting the President before the international community? When you refer to someone as ‘clueless’, what do you mean?”

Dickson explained that politics must be played with honour, dignity and integrity, stressing that the best way to develop the country was for the opposition and the ruling party to interrogate ideas and put the interest of the nation first always.

“We should pray for our leaders. We should support them. Bad politics is not good,” he said.

He dismissed the insinuation that the wife of former President Jonathan, Patience, was sponsoring a candidate in the All Progressives Congress against his governorship ambition.

“Patience Jonathan is not my enemy. I’m not aware she’s sponsoring any candidate against me. Former President Jonathan believes I should be re-elected. He is my elder brother.”

Dismissing the wave of defection from the Peoples Democratic Party to the APC in the state, the governor said the defection was inspired by greed, ambition and personal interests.

He said, “All those who defected are my contractors. Would you call someone who gave you a contract your enemy? They are positioning themselves for federal appointments, as my party cannot give them that.

“I have faced stiffer opposition in the past and I came out victorious. The PDP is solidly on the ground in Bayelsa and nothing can shake it. In the past 16 years, Bayelsa has always been with the ruling party. That is why some of them are going to the APC. It’s all part of politics. The defectors are not my enemies.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/stop-calling-buhari-baba-go-slow-dickson-warns/#sthash.XiwDX5WJ.dpuf

Re: Stop Calling Buhari 'baba Go Slow' Dickson Warns by princeuj2015(m): 6:18am On Aug 19, 2015
Noted!! Today my write up made FTC as the first to comment on nairaland since I joined this great Family few weeks ago, I feel pleased indeed even as I dedicate this fit to all the new members in the family (forum) grin

Re: Stop Calling Buhari 'baba Go Slow' Dickson Warns by leo2sexy: 6:24am On Aug 19, 2015
Yes tell the tanoids, una don hear.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stop Calling Buhari 'baba Go Slow' Dickson Warns by akpanikpe(m): 6:26am On Aug 19, 2015
Wether go slow or not even going at all, he still remains Nigeria's president and commander in chief, deal with it.

64 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Stop Calling Buhari 'baba Go Slow' Dickson Warns by 400billionman: 6:26am On Aug 19, 2015
Make we hear word jare

The man be Ancestors.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Stop Calling Buhari 'baba Go Slow' Dickson Warns by leo2sexy: 6:27am On Aug 19, 2015
akpanikpe:
And the fullstop was for?

Re: Stop Calling Buhari 'baba Go Slow' Dickson Warns by leo2sexy: 6:30am On Aug 19, 2015
400billionman:
Make we hear word jare

The man be Ancestors.
Ancestors that's doing wonders, I think that should make "brainless" Jonathan ashamed.

23 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Stop Calling Buhari 'baba Go Slow' Dickson Warns by PassingShot(m): 6:33am On Aug 19, 2015
Does it matter? Bigotry is incurable and that's what Dickson and the rest of us should understand.

The Baba himself doesn't care what they call him. He laughs such idiotic appellations off while he remains determined in pursuit of delivering results.

"Baba Go-Slow" that has brought happiness to peoples face in less than three months whereas their baba go-fast virtually crashed the economy with his failure to think through his decisions and actions.

Just as recently confirmed by Jona, he didn't know about many of the frauds perpetrated under him. So, is it not better to be PMB than be GEJ?

67 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Stop Calling Buhari 'baba Go Slow' Dickson Warns by KINGSNEEZE(m): 6:38am On Aug 19, 2015
Is Dickson not another name for a dick-head?

29 Likes

Re: Stop Calling Buhari 'baba Go Slow' Dickson Warns by leo2sexy: 6:40am On Aug 19, 2015
KINGSNEEZE:
Is Dickson not another name for a dick-head?
Is jonathan not another name for "clueless"

20 Likes

Re: Stop Calling Buhari 'baba Go Slow' Dickson Warns by Nobody: 6:40am On Aug 19, 2015
BABA GO SLOW is GMB and GMB is Baba Go slow

54 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Stop Calling Buhari 'baba Go Slow' Dickson Warns by donholy28(m): 6:42am On Aug 19, 2015
See this man o...even buhari has embraced d name and even modified it to Baba go slow and steady

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Stop Calling Buhari 'baba Go Slow' Dickson Warns by Splashme: 6:42am On Aug 19, 2015
We've heard you Mr. dick . . .
but we're sorry, we can't help it because that title correctly describes Buhari

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Stop Calling Buhari 'baba Go Slow' Dickson Warns by manutdadex(m): 6:43am On Aug 19, 2015
baba go slow! wetin u one do?

Re: Stop Calling Buhari 'baba Go Slow' Dickson Warns by azimibraun: 6:45am On Aug 19, 2015
The Message not The Messenger.

Growing Up I have pounded into my skull Million times: life na jeje... no rush becouse you fit crash. my mama will play this yoruba. Song she only understood jeje laye gba... just a couple of years later.. Not time...Infact no time to look time.. Infact I no get watch and even the time to look am.. Is now the New World Order.

Re: Stop Calling Buhari 'baba Go Slow' Dickson Warns by LordMecuzy(m): 6:45am On Aug 19, 2015
Exactly to all the Youths Who Call Jonathan Clueless and Buhari Dullard..

Easy with your insults and give respect to your elders..
Tho as humans they might have their own shortcomings...

God Bless Nigeria

Re: Stop Calling Buhari 'baba Go Slow' Dickson Warns by leo2sexy: 6:46am On Aug 19, 2015
OMG!!! Tanoids are here oo! I would rather prefer a 'baba go slow' that works, than a 'youngie go fast' that loots.

Re: Stop Calling Buhari 'baba Go Slow' Dickson Warns by dridowu: 6:53am On Aug 19, 2015
Good Morning Nigerians

Re: Stop Calling Buhari 'baba Go Slow' Dickson Warns by azimibraun: 6:54am On Aug 19, 2015
Wia we even dey rush go sef; people wey rush go since don return?

Re: Stop Calling Buhari 'baba Go Slow' Dickson Warns by princemillla(m): 6:56am On Aug 19, 2015
Funny... But baba already accept the name na

Meanwhile, read this touching story : married n intending couple, you will find loads of things to learn
https://www.nairaland.com/2535812/must-read-all-especially-married

Re: Stop Calling Buhari 'baba Go Slow' Dickson Warns by kodded(m): 7:01am On Aug 19, 2015
leo2sexy:

Ancestors that's doing wonders, I think that should make "brainless" Jonathan ashamed.
tell me the wonders he is doing ? undecided

Re: Stop Calling Buhari 'baba Go Slow' Dickson Warns by kodded(m): 7:02am On Aug 19, 2015
leo2sexy:
OMG!!! Tanoids are here oo! I would rather prefer a 'baba go slow' that works, than a 'youngie go fast' that loots.
list one of his works ? undecided

Re: Stop Calling Buhari 'baba Go Slow' Dickson Warns by Abugab(m): 7:04am On Aug 19, 2015
Ironically, most of the people calling him baba go slow haven't moved a single step forward with their lives for the past three months but can criticize someone who is moving slowly and yet steadily.

Re: Stop Calling Buhari 'baba Go Slow' Dickson Warns by leo2sexy: 7:10am On Aug 19, 2015
kodded:
list one of his works ? undecided
1 He is fighting corruption.
2 He is winning the war against bokoharam
3 Naira dey appreciate oo, abi u nor know

I can go on and on and on.
And hey its just three months.

Re: Stop Calling Buhari 'baba Go Slow' Dickson Warns by ziky2010(m): 7:15am On Aug 19, 2015
DICKson your elder brother is clueless

Re: Stop Calling Buhari 'baba Go Slow' Dickson Warns by Adeyinka12(m): 7:23am On Aug 19, 2015
Babagoslow

babagosteady

babaprobing.

But if Nigerians call him

baba.no.nonsense dickson won't yarn ooo.

Oya. Buhari come probe those who call you babagoslow

and don't forget to probe the clueless one
Re: Stop Calling Buhari 'baba Go Slow' Dickson Warns by Austin4lif: 7:27am On Aug 19, 2015
Ok I will call him Baba slow motion, once a terrorist nw a tourist.

Re: Stop Calling Buhari 'baba Go Slow' Dickson Warns by Nobody: 7:38am On Aug 19, 2015
leo2sexy:

[s]1 He is fighting corruption.

And hey its just three months.[/s]

Mumu

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stop Calling Buhari 'baba Go Slow' Dickson Warns by Bobbystanley(m): 7:42am On Aug 19, 2015
Baba Go Slow

Re: Stop Calling Buhari 'baba Go Slow' Dickson Warns by kodded(m): 7:45am On Aug 19, 2015
leo2sexy:

1 He is fighting corruption.

And hey its just three months.
he is fighting boko haram yet 150 nigerians drowned yesterday undecided

he is fighting corruption yet tinubu, fashola and ameachi are walking freely undecided

you need a brain undecided

27 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Stop Calling Buhari 'baba Go Slow' Dickson Warns by leo2sexy: 7:45am On Aug 19, 2015
himkers:

Mumu
Taniods! Continue wailing...

Re: Stop Calling Buhari 'baba Go Slow' Dickson Warns by Elummah(m): 7:45am On Aug 19, 2015
PMB isn't humorless. But as from hence, may Amadioha punish anybody who calls PMB derogative names out of hate.

Muhammad-Bande Hands Over To Volkan Bozkir As UN General Assembly President / 2023: Why APC Bigwigs Have Eyes On Jonathan / Timeline Of Accidental Bombing By Nigerian Military