Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,282 members, 7,807,947 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:31 PM

Senate Forgery: Police Report’s Whereabouts Unknown -PUNCH - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Forgery: Police Report’s Whereabouts Unknown -PUNCH (13253 Views)

Soldiers Forcefully Entered Nnamdi Kanu’s Home, His Whereabouts Unknown – Lawyer / Senate Forgery: Police Submit Fresh Report, Indict Saraki, Ekweremadu - Punch / Forgery: Police May Arrest Ekweremadu, Others This Week (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Senate Forgery: Police Report’s Whereabouts Unknown -PUNCH by koboko69: 7:13am On Aug 19, 2015
There is confusion over the final report of the police investigation into the alleged forgery of the Senate Standing Orders 2015 with conflicting claims by both the police and the justice ministry on the status of the report.

While the police insisted on Tuesday that they had sent the report to the Ministry of Justice for possible prosecution of suspects, the ministry official said the report had not been received.

A source however confided in The PUNCH that the police had yet to return the report to the ministry.

The allegedly forged 2015 edition of the Senate Standing Orders was used for the conduct of the election of Bukola Saraki and Ike Ekweremadu, as Senate President and Deputy Senate President respectively, shortly after the proclamation of the 8th Senate on June 9, 2015.

The police had sent an initial report to the office of the Attorney General of the Federation for proper legal advice but the AGF office had sent the report back to the police, asking them to conduct a better investigation of the allegation.
ADVERTISEMENT

In the initial report, the police confirmed that “some group of senators” criminally amended the Senate Standing Orders 2011 to produce the 2015 edition.

But the Directorate of Public Prosecutions of the Federal Ministry of Justice had sought for more information on the senators that allegedly amended the document.

The whereabouts of the final police report now appears unknown.

While several sources in the ministry confirmed to one of our correspondents on Tuesday that the police had yet to respond to the request for further investigation, the police on the other hand claimed that they had responded to the ministry’s inquiry.

“The police have not responded to the inquiry by the ministry and the DPP yet. If they have responded, maybe their response is on its way,” a top ministry source told one of our correspondents on Tuesday.

Another lawyer in the ministry had told The PUNCH on Monday that the ministry had yet to hear from the police on the status of the report.

“We have written to the police but we have not heard from them,” the lawyer said.

But the Police Public Relations Officer, Mr. Emmanuel Ojukwu, told one of our correspondents on Tuesday that the police had responded to the ministry’s inquiry.

“We have sent to them (Ministry of Justice) the letter; I can’t remember the exact day but I’m sure we have sent it and we have been cooperating with them to ensure speedy prosecution of the case,” the police spokesman said.

When contacted on Tuesday, the Director of Information in the justice ministry, Mr. Charles Nwodo, said he was not aware of any development on the case.

“I don’t know anything about the case,”’ he said.

The PUNCH had on August 4 exclusively reported that the grey areas, which the ministry was seeking clarification on from the police, included information on the “group of senators” involved in the illegal amendment.

The 13-page police report had reportedly confirmed that the amendment of the 2011 version of the Senate Standing Orders to produce the 2015 edition was “criminally done” as it was carried out by only a group of senators.

The police report, however, failed to indict any particular person and also did not recommend anybody for prosecution.

The Deputy Inspector-General of Police, Dan’Azumi Doma, who was said to have signed the report, had recommended that the report be forwarded to the AGF to determine whether a crime had been committed or whether the alleged offence could be regarded as an internal affair of the Senate.

The forgery allegation arose from a petition by Senator Sulaiman Hunkuyi of the All Progressives Congress from Kaduna State.

The petitioner had alleged that some parts of the 2015 Senate Orders were different from the one ratified by the 6th Senate in 2010, which was used by the 7th Senate, as Standing Orders 2011.

The police, in the course of their investigation, had on July 6 questioned some members of the 7th and the 8th Senates as well as some management employees of the Senate, including the Clerk of the National Assembly, Alhaji Salisu Maikasuwa.

A study of the controversial 2015 Senate Standing Orders, Rule 3, as contained on page four of the document, which has to do with the election of presiding officers, showed that it was different from the 2011 Senate Standing Orders.

Rules 3(e) (i) and (ii) had been included in the 2015 document to accommodate electronic voting and secret ballot, whereas secret ballot and ballot papers were not specifically mentioned in the 2011 Standing Orders.

http://www.punchng.com/news/senate-forgery-police-reports-whereabouts-unknown/
Re: Senate Forgery: Police Report’s Whereabouts Unknown -PUNCH by koboko69: 7:13am On Aug 19, 2015
The Nigerian police should know that this is no more an era where impunity will be allowed to thrive unlike the previous Government!

No body is above the law!

The Nigerian police should disclose the name of the PDP senators and let the ministry of justice proceed with prosecution, while the elected candidates under the dubious and forged orders should be shown the way out!!!!

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Forgery: Police Report’s Whereabouts Unknown -PUNCH by IsaacBuchi(m): 7:19am On Aug 19, 2015
When only #50 can trip them off.....why won't it get missing....smiley

Fighting corruption in naija....how real?

12 Likes

Re: Senate Forgery: Police Report’s Whereabouts Unknown -PUNCH by debo07(m): 7:26am On Aug 19, 2015
THOSE WHO FORGED IT ARE THE ONES BEHIND THIS SITUATION.DOIN EVERY THING POSSIBLE TO FRUSTRATE THE INVESTIGATIONS....BUT GOD WILL SURELY PREVAIL.

10 Likes

Re: Senate Forgery: Police Report’s Whereabouts Unknown -PUNCH by ikbnice(m): 7:30am On Aug 19, 2015
it's in my dear country that a report grows wings nd believes it can fly.

9ja I hail o. Oga at d top don do am again.

2 Likes

Re: Senate Forgery: Police Report’s Whereabouts Unknown -PUNCH by Chibaba247(m): 7:31am On Aug 19, 2015
Which way nija..?a land of wonders

Modified..
Its my birthday
Am so hapi

3 Likes

Re: Senate Forgery: Police Report’s Whereabouts Unknown -PUNCH by buzquet(m): 7:32am On Aug 19, 2015
na una self go bring d report wen baba intervene. shey una tink say na business as usual under dat shoeless otuoke man?

2 Likes

Re: Senate Forgery: Police Report’s Whereabouts Unknown -PUNCH by jazinogold(m): 7:34am On Aug 19, 2015
lol d report don turn missing script na wen him tenure over dem go bring m out

5 Likes

Re: Senate Forgery: Police Report’s Whereabouts Unknown -PUNCH by koboko69: 7:34am On Aug 19, 2015
debo07:
THOSE WHO FORGED IT ARE THE ONES BEHIND THIS SITUATION.DOIN EVERY THING POSSIBLE TO FRUSTRATE THE INVESTIGATIONS....BUT GOD WILL SURELY PREVAIL.

EXACTLY....DONT MIND THE PDP SENATORS, THEY WILL SURELY FACE JUSTICE!

2 Likes

Re: Senate Forgery: Police Report’s Whereabouts Unknown -PUNCH by natas22: 7:34am On Aug 19, 2015
Senate forgery every day almost in every paper and no arrests if it was mere pick pocket the person would have seen jungle justice but the said sharks or sorry senators do worse and nothing happens

I have only hope on my sai buhari

2 Likes

Re: Senate Forgery: Police Report’s Whereabouts Unknown -PUNCH by bonechamberlain(m): 7:34am On Aug 19, 2015
haahah haha this country sef, our problem is worse than Syria.

2 Likes

Re: Senate Forgery: Police Report’s Whereabouts Unknown -PUNCH by RollingStones(m): 7:34am On Aug 19, 2015
Buhari giving APC supporters MOUTH ACTION. Wake me up when the court dissolves Saraki and Ekweremmadu's election.

7 Likes

Re: Senate Forgery: Police Report’s Whereabouts Unknown -PUNCH by boboLIL(m): 7:38am On Aug 19, 2015
I was here
Re: Senate Forgery: Police Report’s Whereabouts Unknown -PUNCH by saintgp(m): 7:51am On Aug 19, 2015
in nigeria,breaking news usually get trendy,becoming d talk around d town for maximum of 2wks-1month,depending on d gravity of d issue,after which its swept under d carpet,atsuch am nt surprise to b reading dis...bt wat baffles me is hw pmb will b able to fight corruption without correcting dis abnormality...

1 Like

Re: Senate Forgery: Police Report’s Whereabouts Unknown -PUNCH by chrixus(m): 7:51am On Aug 19, 2015
I knew from the scratch that this will go down the drain
Re: Senate Forgery: Police Report’s Whereabouts Unknown -PUNCH by braine(m): 8:53am On Aug 19, 2015
Na Wah
Re: Senate Forgery: Police Report’s Whereabouts Unknown -PUNCH by SWAGGAVILLAGE(m): 8:53am On Aug 19, 2015
come my house,the list dey with me, na so yesterday den say 150 people drowned while fleeing from boko boys,now the army has said its all lies http://yesreport..com/2015/08/army-denies-150-people-drowned-after.html we don't know which to follow sef
Re: Senate Forgery: Police Report’s Whereabouts Unknown -PUNCH by strawb(f): 8:53am On Aug 19, 2015
Now buari will knw type of people he is dealing with. I promise u, dat report might not see d light of d day
Re: Senate Forgery: Police Report’s Whereabouts Unknown -PUNCH by Burger01(m): 8:54am On Aug 19, 2015
You berra find that report! angry
Re: Senate Forgery: Police Report’s Whereabouts Unknown -PUNCH by kennyman2000(m): 8:54am On Aug 19, 2015
Shake my head for this country..

Check my signature for ur customised wristband.
Re: Senate Forgery: Police Report’s Whereabouts Unknown -PUNCH by Viktor1983(m): 8:54am On Aug 19, 2015
Season Two.
Re: Senate Forgery: Police Report’s Whereabouts Unknown -PUNCH by allanphash7(m): 8:54am On Aug 19, 2015
Nigeria is a joke

1 Like

Re: Senate Forgery: Police Report’s Whereabouts Unknown -PUNCH by Nobody: 8:54am On Aug 19, 2015
Buhari will get scape goat from this, it will soon come out by fire. A whole police and justice ministry that suppose to be saint....kuntinu

2 Likes

Re: Senate Forgery: Police Report’s Whereabouts Unknown -PUNCH by crispberry(f): 8:57am On Aug 19, 2015
Hehehehe.... I hope it's not what i'm thinking o grin
Re: Senate Forgery: Police Report’s Whereabouts Unknown -PUNCH by BashMe1(m): 8:57am On Aug 19, 2015
It is only in Nigeria dat Tortoise will race against Usain Bolt and still wins. Very terrible Country, Bullshiiiit will always find its way 2 materialise.
Re: Senate Forgery: Police Report’s Whereabouts Unknown -PUNCH by YerYer: 8:58am On Aug 19, 2015
As usual
Re: Senate Forgery: Police Report’s Whereabouts Unknown -PUNCH by Firefire(m): 8:58am On Aug 19, 2015
APC CHANGE!

1 Like

Re: Senate Forgery: Police Report’s Whereabouts Unknown -PUNCH by chesterlee(m): 8:59am On Aug 19, 2015
This APC government can't do without Propaganda

We are in for 4 years of lies and Propaganda

3 Likes

Re: Senate Forgery: Police Report’s Whereabouts Unknown -PUNCH by shaddoww: 8:59am On Aug 19, 2015
I believe America will know where the report is, since they know everything about our country that even we the citizens don't know. So let's just send Oshiomole (Osho Baba) or Okorocha to go and help us ask them...

2 Likes

Re: Senate Forgery: Police Report’s Whereabouts Unknown -PUNCH by Reference(m): 8:59am On Aug 19, 2015
Reprobates. Of course they don't know where anything is unless it is meant for their wallets. Corruption can never end in this system.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ekiti Reps Storm EFCC To Remind Them Of Petition They Wrote Against Fayemi / Raymond Dokpesi Visits Igbinedion, Esama Of Benin Over PDP Chairmanship / Atiku's Supporters Lambast Sagay: You Engage In Beer Parlour Gossips

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.