Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,278 members, 7,807,935 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:06 PM

Tinubu's message to Fashola - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu's message to Fashola (1047 Views)

Senator Danjuma Goje To Fashola: Resign If The Work Is Overwhelming / Reno Omokri Reacts To Fashola's Sleeping Photo That Went Viral / Ambode Presents Gift To Fashola At Law Dinner (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinubu's message to Fashola by byteHead(m): 9:53am On Aug 19, 2015
The All Progressive Congress (APC) national leader and former Lagos state governor, Bola Tinubu, has described his successor and immediate past governor of the state, Babatunde Fashola, as a governor whose rugged intellect to public service differentiated him from his peers while he was in office.

Former Lagos state governor, Babatunde Raji Fashola
Former Lagos state governor, Babatunde Raji Fashola
Mr Tinubu, who was represented by Prof. Samuel in his message wished Mr Fashola succesful future political career.

“Fashola acquired a lot of apprenticeship in a wired political engineering and this further helped his actions while in office. I am happy that your ruggedness in office has shown Lagosians and Nigerians that Asiwaju took a very good decision when he made you his Chief of Staff and later two time Governor of Lagos state. We are happy about your success in office and we believe the sky is your limit” he was quoted by Vanguard newspaper.

The three books launched yesterday were The Great Leap; In Bold Print and The Lagos Blow Down.

While the leaders of the APC stayed away from the event, seasoned professionals from different sectors of the economy attended the launch with erstwhile chairman of Guaranty Trust Bank, Mr. Fola Adeola, as chairman of the occasion.

Mr Adeola who was full of praise of the former governor said the people gathered at the launch are the true friends of Mr Fashola.

“I believe everybody that came here today considers Fashola as a friend, brother, cousin, so I greet everyone and welcome them. I will also say some people are here just because they are brave and not afraid. The people who are here today are simply telling him that no matter what, they still remain his friend.

“I can tell you that with some faces I have seen here, I think I am fine. At least I can see Palace representatives and majority of our old friends, so for me, it will be a day to remember. I am so happy to be alive in my time that Governor Fashola happened and my prayer is that we will not wait for too long for another Fashola to happen.

“I was in Benin and somebody was talking about Lagos State and Fashola, I was surprised and wondered where they knew him from. Also, in Kano State during Governor Kwankwanso’s tenure, a young man was saying his governor is trying to replicate what Fashola is doing in Lagos in the state. So in my dictionary, Fashola represents every good thing,” he stated.

The notable political players from the state present were immediate political associates of the former governor, former governorship aspirant, Mr. Supo Sashore, former deputy Governor, Alhaja Lateefat Okunnu, former commissioner for finance in Lagos State, Mr. Wale Edun, Senator Munirudeen Muse, Chief Judge of Lagos State, Justice Funmilayo Atilade and Mr. Joe Igbokwe, the spokesman of the state chapter of the All Progressives Congress, APC.

Fashola, in his remarks said his accomplishments are not complete without people and took time to praise his media aide, Mr Hakeem Bello, who he said painstakingly documented the three books being launched

“I think it will be wrong for anyone to believe today belongs to me but it is not. It belongs to Hakeem Bello, who painstakingly documented these three books. It also belongs to Dapo Adeniyi, who worked with him. And to all those who joined us in this event, what you have done is to join us in celebrating Hakeem Bello, a gentleman, family man whose passion for his work epitomises his fidelity in what he believes in.

“We need to know that there are people who started this journey before me especially my predecessor in office, Bola Ahmed Tinubu. There are also men and women who served with me while I was n office for eight years. So, those achievements would not have been possible without these people who served with me who also include judges in this state” he said.

https://www.naij.com/523181-war-tinubu-fashola.html
Re: Tinubu's message to Fashola by Luckylife(m): 9:54am On Aug 19, 2015
It pays to b good
Re: Tinubu's message to Fashola by Immanueladebol(m): 9:55am On Aug 19, 2015
Baba again
Re: Tinubu's message to Fashola by enkay2go(f): 9:57am On Aug 19, 2015
We hear but fashola is still a thief.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu's message to Fashola by lolababe331e: 10:00am On Aug 19, 2015
enkay2go:
We hear but fashola is still a thief.

A big fat thief grin
Re: Tinubu's message to Fashola by akpakoboy: 10:12am On Aug 19, 2015
Hmmmm,
Re: Tinubu's message to Fashola by kodded(m): 10:15am On Aug 19, 2015
Fashola = thief

1 Like

Re: Tinubu's message to Fashola by bugzbunny: 10:23am On Aug 19, 2015
Fashola for minister of information.. grin with no website
Re: Tinubu's message to Fashola by bugzbunny: 10:25am On Aug 19, 2015
kodded:
Fashola = thief
See ya head
Tinubu nko
Re: Tinubu's message to Fashola by temitemi1(m): 10:28am On Aug 19, 2015
tundefashola.com grin
Re: Tinubu's message to Fashola by bonechamberlain(m): 10:46am On Aug 19, 2015
one of the reasons I like fashola is that out of all APC governors he is the only independent minded person and intelligent, another independent APC governor is oshimole but the man is an illiterate, despite being educated. but the truth still remains that the both are one of the greatest pen robbers to destroy this nation.

(1) (Reply)

Why Do Yoruba People Mock Hawkers / The Ministers Nigeria Needs / Let's Give Buhari A Chance Despite The Distractions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.