Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,095 members, 7,807,271 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:48 AM

Negative Effects Of Hip Hop Culture In The Nigerian Society. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Negative Effects Of Hip Hop Culture In The Nigerian Society. (2818 Views)

Effects Of Brexit Results On The African Largest Economies / Corruption Fighting Back And Its Effects On The Economy. / Judge Withdraws From Saraki’s Case Over Negative Reports (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Negative Effects Of Hip Hop Culture In The Nigerian Society. by bolaino(m): 10:27am On Aug 19, 2015
This is an issue that is very close to heart, as I have always been in love with Hip Hop Music, I started listening to Queen Latifah and Heavy D when I was Young, I loved LL Cool J and when Ice T and Double L were beefing I was Mad at Ice T, same thing happened when the beef between Ice Cube's westside Connection had a Falling out with Common, I could go on and on about instances of strife and agitation surrounding Hip Hop music, Not also Forgetting the ever popular Tupac and Biggie Beef. I hated Biggie then, who was Biggie to want to Beef with the Great Rap Maestro Tupac. Those were thoughts of mine while Growing up. But fast forward today, Hip Hop music and Culture has become a Cancer in most Societies the world over, From the Streets of Compton to the Harsh Streets of Warri, it's either we are regaled with Obscene and Vulgar lyrics to Lewd, Indecent and Criminal videos. What is the Hip Hop Culture about? I learnt how to do drugs from listening to Rap music, I also learnt how to Sell Drugs, (how to Distribute Drugs like Cocaine, Crack, Crystal Methamphetamines, Heroine, Marijuana, LSD, Molly, etc) Date Rape, how to identify Gangs and Cult Groups and so many. Other vices, just from listening to Hip Hop music, But fortunately for me, I did not practice most of the things I learnt, but still I am still in awe of Hip Hop music and culture, even till this Day, as most of My "role Models" are Hip hop stars, From Snoop Dogg, Dr Dre, Ice Cube, Eminem, D Lox, DMX, 50 cent, The Game, Rick Ross, Bone Thugs n Harmony and so many other Hip Hop acts too numerous to mention, I learnt a lot from these People, but the things I learnt are not things that I can proudly boast about in public. Looking at the above mentioned Individuals, I will tell you one thing they have in common with each other asides The Hip Hop Culture which they are part of, and that is Drug Abuse and Criminal Records, I believe it is a Fallacy to state that there is no Hip Hop Act in the Americas who has not had a scraping with the Law, either from Drug Related offences to Assault and Battery ETC. All Hip Hop artists have all had problems with the Law, all of them. In Nigeria, The Truth is, Nigerian Youths have been influenced Greatly by Hip Hop Music and Culture. And Nigerian Musicians, especially the Hip Hop wannabe types Like Davido, Wizkid, MI, Phyno, Ice Prince and the rest of the Bandwagon have also been influenced heavily by these American Hip Hop Artists who are always in the Habit of Breaking the Law in their countries, you'll hear interviews of Nigerian Hip Hop artists wishing and Praying to record songs with people Like Little wayne and Birdman, and also citing how people like Snoop Dogg and Gucci Mane helped influence their music Careers, for The Sake of God, would I want my child to listen to Music By lil wayne or Gucci mane? Or would I play Rick Ross for my Aged Parents to listen to for Benediction? Of course not, but Nigerian Youths are going about trying to be like Wizkid and Davido, people who have lost all sense of Moral direction, the other day I was watching A music Video by Davido where he was dealing drugs and he fooled the drug dealers by giving them fake Drug products, and the Drug Dealer was mad, (if I were him I would be Mad) and at the end of the video we saw davido eating semovita and smiling at the Camera, I'm sure many gullible Nigerian Youths would have Screamed "OBO Baddest" at the end of watching the video, with some even thinking of carrying out such fraud in their future prospective Drug Careers. All this is Balderdash. And I feel sorry for the Nigerian Youths, the increase in Drug use by Nigerian youths can be traced to the Love for Hip Hop Music and Culture in Nigeria, many Nigerian youths smoke indian hemp nowadays, and they see nothing wrong with it, because Snoop Dogg smokes and he is still married with children. And the new Trend is the mixing of Soft beverages like Sprite and Coke with Codeine and other variants of Cough syrups, just to feel like Little wayne. Is Little wayne a kind of person you would want your Sister to get Married to? Hip Hop Culture is costing the Nigerian society a lot. As most cult Groups in Nigeria emulate the Gang Banging Groups Like the Crips, Bloods, SA, Latin Kings, GBE, GD etc of the Americas. Something should be done about this by the Administration of PMB before this eats the entire fabric of our society. God Bless The Youths of Nigeria, and God Bless Nigeria.
Re: Negative Effects Of Hip Hop Culture In The Nigerian Society. by Holyfield1(m): 10:32am On Aug 19, 2015
And u posted this your copy and paste epistle in the politics section
Re: Negative Effects Of Hip Hop Culture In The Nigerian Society. by bolaino(m): 10:39am On Aug 19, 2015
Holyfield1:
And u posted this your copy and paste epistle in the politics section
SMH,
Re: Negative Effects Of Hip Hop Culture In The Nigerian Society. by Nobody: 10:56am On Aug 19, 2015
mods please help this guy out.

1 Like

Re: Negative Effects Of Hip Hop Culture In The Nigerian Society. by baralatie(m): 11:10am On Aug 19, 2015
angry explain shakiti bobo
Re: Negative Effects Of Hip Hop Culture In The Nigerian Society. by bolaino(m): 11:16am On Aug 19, 2015
baralatie:
angry explain shakiti bobo
lol
Re: Negative Effects Of Hip Hop Culture In The Nigerian Society. by bolaino(m): 7:28pm On Aug 19, 2015
bolaino:
This is an issue that is very close to heart, as I have always been in love with Hip Hop Music, I started listening to Queen Latifah and Heavy D when I was Young, I loved LL Cool J and when Ice T and Double L were beefing I was Mad at Ice T, same thing happened when the beef between Ice Cube's westside Connection had a Falling out with Common, I could go on and on about instances of strife and agitation surrounding Hip Hop music, Not also Forgetting the ever popular Tupac and Biggie Beef. I hated Biggie then, who was Biggie to want to Beef with the Great Rap Maestro Tupac. Those were thoughts of mine while Growing up. But fast forward today, Hip Hop music and Culture has become a Cancer in most Societies the world over, From the Streets of Compton to the Harsh Streets of Warri, it's either we are regaled with Obscene and Vulgar lyrics to Lewd, Indecent and Criminal videos. What is the Hip Hop Culture about? I learnt how to do drugs from listening to Rap music, I also learnt how to Sell Drugs, (how to Distribute Drugs like Cocaine, Crack, Crystal Methamphetamines, Heroine, Marijuana, LSD, Molly, etc) Date Rape, how to identify Gangs and Cult Groups and so many. Other vices, just from listening to Hip Hop music, But fortunately for me, I did not practice most of the things I learnt, but still I am still in awe of Hip Hop music and culture, even till this Day, as most of My "role Models" are Hip hop stars, From Snoop Dogg, Dr Dre, Ice Cube, Eminem, D Lox, DMX, 50 cent, The Game, Rick Ross, Bone Thugs n Harmony and so many other Hip Hop acts too numerous to mention, I learnt a lot from these People, but the things I learnt are not things that I can proudly boast about in public. Looking at the above mentioned Individuals, I will tell you one thing they have in common with each other asides The Hip Hop Culture which they are part of, and that is Drug Abuse and Criminal Records, I believe it is a Fallacy to state that there is no Hip Hop Act in the Americas who has not had a scraping with the Law, either from Drug Related offences to Assault and Battery ETC. All Hip Hop artists have all had problems with the Law, all of them. In Nigeria, The Truth is, Nigerian Youths have been influenced Greatly by Hip Hop Music and Culture. And Nigerian Musicians, especially the Hip Hop wannabe types Like Davido, Wizkid, MI, Phyno, Ice Prince and the rest of the Bandwagon have also been influenced heavily by these American Hip Hop Artists who are always in the Habit of Breaking the Law in their countries, you'll hear interviews of Nigerian Hip Hop artists wishing and Praying to record songs with people Like Little wayne and Birdman, and also citing how people like Snoop Dogg and Gucci Mane helped influence their music Careers, for The Sake of God, would I want my child to listen to Music By lil wayne or Gucci mane? Or would I play Rick Ross for my Aged Parents to listen to for Benediction? Of course not, but Nigerian Youths are going about trying to be like Wizkid and Davido, people who have lost all sense of Moral direction, the other day I was watching A music Video by Davido where he was dealing drugs and he fooled the drug dealers by giving them fake Drug products, and the Drug Dealer was mad, (if I were him I would be Mad) and at the end of the video we saw davido eating semovita and smiling at the Camera, I'm sure many gullible Nigerian Youths would have Screamed "OBO Baddest" at the end of watching the video, with some even thinking of carrying out such fraud in their future prospective Drug Careers. All this is Balderdash. And I feel sorry for the Nigerian Youths, the increase in Drug use by Nigerian youths can be traced to the Love for Hip Hop Music and Culture in Nigeria, many Nigerian youths smoke indian hemp nowadays, and they see nothing wrong with it, because Snoop Dogg smokes and he is still married with children. And the new Trend is the mixing of Soft beverages like Sprite and Coke with Codeine and other variants of Cough syrups, just to feel like Little wayne. Is Little wayne a kind of person you would want your Sister to get Married to? Hip Hop Culture is costing the Nigerian society a lot. As most cult Groups in Nigeria emulate the Gang Banging Groups Like the Crips, Bloods, SA, Latin Kings, GBE, GD etc of the Americas. Something should be done about this by the Administration of PMB before this eats the entire fabric of our society. God Bless The Youths of Nigeria, and God Bless Nigeria.
Re: Negative Effects Of Hip Hop Culture In The Nigerian Society. by Nobody: 12:18am On Aug 20, 2015
The mainstream hip hop industry has played a pivotal part in the destruction of the African American community, so it pains me to see that hip hop influence here in Nigeria. As for me, I like traditional music or reggae, even though I'm young. I feel like those genres carry more positive messages.

1 Like

Re: Negative Effects Of Hip Hop Culture In The Nigerian Society. by bolaino(m): 11:13am On Aug 21, 2015
aim5:
The mainstream hip hop industry has played a pivotal part in the destruction of the African American community, so it pains me to see that hip hop influence here in Nigeria. As for me, I like traditional music or reggae, even though I'm young. I feel like those genres carry more positive messages.
God bless you my Good Mann.
Re: Negative Effects Of Hip Hop Culture In The Nigerian Society. by 9jii(m): 11:18am On Aug 21, 2015
I love music but im very careful not to be derailed by it bad influence from the actors.

1 Like

Re: Negative Effects Of Hip Hop Culture In The Nigerian Society. by 9jii(m): 11:24am On Aug 21, 2015
I love music but im very careful not to be derailed by it bad influence from the actors.
Just cuz i like 2pac i don't have to go round with a gun
Just cuz i like wizzy i don't have to talk disrespectful about women.
Just cuz i like wiz Khalifa i don't have to smoke it
Just cuz i like jayz i don't need to brag

1 Like

Re: Negative Effects Of Hip Hop Culture In The Nigerian Society. by bolaino(m): 11:40am On Aug 21, 2015
9jii:
Just cuz i like 2pac i don't have to go round with a gun
Just cuz i like wizzy i don't have to talk disrespectful about women.
Just cuz i like wiz Khalifa i don't have to smoke it
Just cuz i like jayz i don't need to brag
you're right my good mann, but how many Nigerian youths do you think would apply the same measure you apply while listening to hip hop music?
Re: Negative Effects Of Hip Hop Culture In The Nigerian Society. by bolaino(m): 9:26am On Sep 04, 2019
bolaino:

(1) (Reply)

#the U.N.A.R# Could This Be The Solution To Nigeria(pics) / Gov Udom Emmanuel's Achievements Under 1 Year Will Amaze You - See Photos / Natural Way To Increase Libido And Overcome Premature Ejaculation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.