Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,538 members, 7,808,980 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:23 PM

Import Gurus....... I Need Your Help - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Import Gurus....... I Need Your Help (2082 Views)

Import Gurus Needed / FG Raises Import Duties On Luxury Goods, Food Items That Have Local Alternatives / Government Raises Import Duties On Consumable, Luxury Goods (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Import Gurus....... I Need Your Help by ManUtdholic: 1:13pm On Aug 19, 2015
Please how can I predetermined my import duty base on
1.Cost of the goods.
2.Insurance.
3.Freight charges

Ur opinion is highly welcome
Re: Import Gurus....... I Need Your Help by jaymichael(m): 1:55pm On Aug 19, 2015
ManUtdholic:
1.Cost of the goods.
2.Insurance.
3.Freight charges

Firstly, know the HS CODE and import duty rate of what you are importing. Your calculations will be based on CIF i.e. COST, INSURANCE & FREIGHT.
TO get your CIF = COST(FOB) + INSURANCE + FREIGHT.
If you don't know your insurance value, Calculate thus: COST + FREIGHT X 110% X 0.3% = INSURANCE.
NOTE. COST OR FOB is the declared amount you bought the goods as quoted on your commercial invoice.
Digest this first, then I guide you on how to calculate the duty proper.
Re: Import Gurus....... I Need Your Help by ManUtdholic: 2:00pm On Aug 19, 2015
jaymichael:
Firstly, know the HS CODE and import duty rate of what you are importing. Your calculations will be based on CIF i.e. COST, INSURANCE & FREIGHT.
TO get your CIF = COST(FOB) + INSURANCE + FREIGHT.
If you don't know your insurance value, Calculate thus: COST + FREIGHT X 110% X 0.3% = INSURANCE.
NOTE. COST OR FOB is the declared amount you bought the goods as quoted on your commercial invoice.
Digest this first, then I guide you on how to calculate the duty proper.
Go on am enjoying u
Re: Import Gurus....... I Need Your Help by jaymichael(m): 2:08pm On Aug 19, 2015
ManUtdholic:
1.Cost of the goods.
2.Insurance.
3.Freight charges

1. DUTY= ROD x CIF
2. SC. = 7% x DUTY
3. ETLS= 0.5% x CIF
4. CISS= 1% x FOB
5. VAT(if vatable) = 5% x
(CIF+DUTY+SC+ETLS+CISS)
TOTAL DUTY PAYABLE IS THE ADDITION OF
DUTY+SC+ETLS+CISS+VAT.

NOTE: YOU HAVE TO KNOW THE DUTY RATE OF THE ITEM AS CONTAINED IN THE CURRENT ECOWAS CET (TARIFF) .YOU CAN BUY IT AT ANY CUSTOMS COMMAND. YOU CAN ALSO GET THE DUTY RATE BY TYPING THE ITEM IF YOU KNOW THE HS CODE ON TARIFF SECTION ON THE CUSTOMS WEBSITE. YOU CAN ALSO DOWNLOAD THE SOFT COPY IN EXCEL FORMAT THERE.
Re: Import Gurus....... I Need Your Help by jaymichael(m): 2:15pm On Aug 19, 2015
IF YOU DON'T KNOW THE HS CODE OF THE ITEM, A GOOGLE SEARCH CAN GIVE YOU A SUITABLE HS CODE FOR THE ITEM WHICH MAY TURN OUR TO BE CORRECT. EXAMPLE, TYPE ON GOOGLE SEARCH HS CODE FOR SOLAR WATER HEATER. IT WILL DISPLAY THE HS CODE FOR THE ITEM IN 8 OR 10 DIGITS NUMBERS. UT IS THIS NUMBER YOU WILL CHECK IN THE ECOWAS 2015-2019 CET TARIFF FOR YOU TO KNOW THE DUTY RATE OF THE ITEM.
NOTE THAT YOUR CALCULATIONS ARE JUST TENTATIVE, SUBJECT TO THE ISSUANCE OF YOUR PAAR BECAUSE CUSTOMS AS THEY DEEM IT FIT MAY ADJUST YOUR DECLARED VALUE AND ALTER SLIGHTLY OR DRASTICALLY YOUR TENTATIVE DUTY RATE.
Re: Import Gurus....... I Need Your Help by jaymichael(m): 2:22pm On Aug 19, 2015
ASK YOUR QUESTIONS, IF YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND ANY TERM, LET ME KNOW. IF ANYTHING IS NOT CLEAR TO YOU, LET ME KNOW AND I'LL EXPLAIN.
Re: Import Gurus....... I Need Your Help by femidejulius(m): 11:25am On Sep 20, 2015
ManUtdholic, u use to be known as hizroyalflynes, right?
Re: Import Gurus....... I Need Your Help by CoolDude2012: 8:10am On Aug 24, 2016
jaymichael:
ASK YOUR QUESTIONS, IF YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND ANY TERM, LET ME KNOW. IF ANYTHING IS NOT CLEAR TO YOU, LET ME KNOW AND I'LL EXPLAIN.

Good morning please. is it possible for duty on sets of cufflinks worth 44k to be 27k? I got a mail from someone at FedEx asking me to send 27k to an account after paying 37k for shipping. Please reply.
Re: Import Gurus....... I Need Your Help by jaymichael(m): 1:26pm On Aug 24, 2016
CoolDude2012:

Good morning please. is it possible for duty on sets of cufflinks worth 44k to be 27k? I got a mail from someone at FedEx asking me to send 27k to an account after paying 37k for shipping. Please reply.
I don't know the duty rate for hs code, don't send any money to anyone for customs duty. go to their office. Ask them at what value and duty rate are they charging you 27k. Don't pay any money to any account. Go to their office with ur documents or tracking number or whatever is it you will use to retrieve ur consignment from FEDEX and state ur case.

(1) (Reply)

Freelance Writing: How I Made My First $180 Dollars / What Busines Can I Start With Small Capital 300k-350k? / Ideas On How To Invest #1,000,000 Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.