Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,152 members, 7,807,508 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:29 PM

Nigerian Defence Academy Admission Processes..........68-76RC - Education (318) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nigerian Defence Academy Admission Processes..........68-76RC (713438 Views)

The Oke-ogun Polytechnic (saki) 2016/2017 Admission Processes / The Polytechnic, Ibadan 2016/2017 Admission Processes / The Modalities For 2016/2017 Admission Processes Into Higher Institutions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (315) (316) (317) (318) (319) (320) (321) ... (414) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Defence Academy Admission Processes..........68-76RC by Xslaze3xd(m): 4:57pm On Oct 19, 2017
check this one out guys..... it will enable you understand things...... Strictly ARMY
Xslaze3xd:
Things You Didn’t Know About Those Commissioned Into the Nigerian Army
This article on the different commissioned officers in the Nigerian Army, will help clear the confusion lingering in the minds of civilians that want to take up a career in the Nigerian Army.
There are 5 types of commission in the Nigerian Army (NA) – Not Armed Forces.
They are:
1. Regular Combatant (RC). Training takes 5 years.
2. Short Service Combatant (SSC). Training takes 6 – 9 months.
3. Direct Regular Combatant (DRC). Now attained on conversion from DSSC.
4. Direct Short Service Combatant (DSSC). Training takes 6 – 9 months.
5. Executive Commission (EC). Training takes 2 – 3 months.
Details of such commissions are to be found in the Harmonized Terms and Conditions of Service (TACOS) for officers of the Nigerian Armed Forces but a summary goes thus: RC and SSC are combatants, trained to fight battles. Others are not meant to be combatants.
Both SSC and DSSC are of relatively short duration (not more than 12 years I think, excluding extension of service) and must convert to RC and DRC respectively to enjoy a longer career. Theoretically, RCs and DRCs can rise to become generals i.e Brigadier Generals, Major Generals etc. Remember the pyramid structure? The higher it gets, the smaller it becomes. In other words, many are called but only a few are chosen.
DRC’s are mainly professionals – surgeons, pharmacists, chaplains, surveyors etc. and are usually not found in the core combat arms of Infantry, Armour and Artillery but are to be found in the Army Engineers and Signals. EC’s are made up of former soldiers and do not usually exceed the rank of Major.
There are varying criteria for the various commissions. In reality, the advantage is more on the side of those who were originally RC,s than those who were originally SSC,s in terms of age, rank in the Nigerian army, numbers etc. However, anything can happen, for instance Lt. Gen. Ishaya Bamaiyi (rtd.) rose to become Chief of Army Staff (COAS), even though he wasn’t originally an RC.
Although DRCs may never become COASs or General Officers Commanding (GOCs), they can apart from being Staff Officers also hold command posts in corps or services in which they predominate. These include Education, Medical and Finance among others.
Life in the Army here in Nigeria can be promising, particularly now that efforts have been made to consolidate emoluments, but achievement of success or wealth in the Army (here in Nigeria as well as is in other countries) is a product of motivation and determination. If you want to live well, you will. If you don’t, you won’t. The choice is really yours! For RC or DRC, minimum years of service is about 15 years and life as a cadet can be quite strenuous.
Generally, training is in the Infantry Corps Centre and School (ICCS), Jaji, Kaduna State. As for the DSSs and ECs, their training is usually less strenuous, not as in NDA where RCs and SSCs are trained. Cadets are usually humorously welcomed with the euphemism, “Unfortunate Nigerians, you will nearly die but you will not die!” But you should survive if you are physically fit after all, many have gone before you.
As a cadet, you are entitled to allowances which may not really cater for your family if you have one but could go a long way to help you sustain yourself.
If you wish to obtain more information on the Nigerian Army and the types of application forms available, you can check with the Army Public Relations Department in any military barracks near you.
For RC, you need at least 5 credits including English and Mathematics. For SSC, DRC and DSSC, you must be a graduate. Lawyers in the army are usually found in the Army Legal Services and the Military Police. They can also be found in lesser numbers in other corps and services.
As for your private practice, it all depends on what type but you won’t be expected to have your private practice as a lawyer alongside your military career.
Lastly, it is also noteworthy to say that the Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA) now offers some post-graduate courses for those in the military as well as for those not in the military.
more details here» http://www.dominzyloaded.com/2017/10/all-you-need-to-know-before-joining.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Defence Academy Admission Processes..........68-76RC by Mvalentine70(m): 4:49am On Oct 20, 2017
The race just started! #muje

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Defence Academy Admission Processes..........68-76RC by Kingmelford(m): 7:41am On Oct 20, 2017
E don open, lets make history together www.ndaapplications.net make sure you are ready to do anything for your nation before applying to avoid dashing from the academy

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Defence Academy Admission Processes..........68-76RC by Charly17(m): 8:08am On Oct 20, 2017
Anyone with an idea of the subjects to write in the exam for psychology should help a brother please
Re: Nigerian Defence Academy Admission Processes..........68-76RC by Kinglife(m): 8:42am On Oct 20, 2017
Charly17:
Anyone with an idea of the subjects to write in the exam for psychology should help a brother please
english maths biology compulsory then you can now choose in econ geo agric.
Re: Nigerian Defence Academy Admission Processes..........68-76RC by Kingmelford(m): 8:43am On Oct 20, 2017
Charly17:
english, maths, biology and any other subject of your choice
Re: Nigerian Defence Academy Admission Processes..........68-76RC by Kingmelford(m): 8:49am On Oct 20, 2017
Walinco:
Bro which one is I.g.a identification certificate.. Pls explain
a certificate issued by your local government of origin for identification. But if you have a state identification certificate from the office of the governor duly signed by the secetary to the state government it can also be accepted
Re: Nigerian Defence Academy Admission Processes..........68-76RC by Charly17(m): 8:58am On Oct 20, 2017
Kinglife:
english maths biology compulsory then you can now choose in econ geo agric.
Thanks boss
Re: Nigerian Defence Academy Admission Processes..........68-76RC by Charly17(m): 8:59am On Oct 20, 2017
Kingmelford:
english, maths, biology and any other subject of your choice
Thanks
Re: Nigerian Defence Academy Admission Processes..........68-76RC by Oluwadara419(m): 9:04am On Oct 20, 2017
Oluwadara419:
Good day all. I am a 100l law student of UI. I am very interested in Nda. But, there are some questions I want to ask.
1. I am having two olevels: one is a neco result of 2013 with maths govt econs crk geography and biology,english is d7. The second one is a waec result of 2014 with maths eng govt econs crk yoruba and civic. I want to put in for pol sci. Should I use the waec? Or both the waec and neco? What subject should I register for Jamb?
2. I hope a fix tooth wont be any effect?
Thanks!
someone should held out pls.
Re: Nigerian Defence Academy Admission Processes..........68-76RC by Kingmelford(m): 12:36pm On Oct 20, 2017
Oluwadara419:
someone should held out pls.
i will advice you to concentrate on achieving your law degree first then apply for short service, but if you feel that you love academy so much you can apply with the 2014 result, you might be disqualified because of your tooth, so many are called but few are choosen. NDA admission process is harder than that of UI. Use your tongue to count your teeth
Re: Nigerian Defence Academy Admission Processes..........68-76RC by Walinco(m): 1:32pm On Oct 20, 2017
Kingmelford:
i will advice you to concentrate on achieving your law degree firsh then apply for short service, but if you feel that you love academy so much you can apply with the 2014 result, you might disqualify you because of your tooth, so many are called but few are choosen. NDA admission process is harder than that of Ui. Use your tongue to count your teeth
Bro I don't mean to offend you..there is nothing God can't do..at oluwadara Use 2014 waec result and give it a try ..luck might be one your side....But stil concentrate more on your law.
Re: Nigerian Defence Academy Admission Processes..........68-76RC by Oluwadara419(m): 3:56pm On Oct 20, 2017
Walinco:
Bro I don't mean to offend you..there is nothing God can't do..at oluwadara Use 2014 waec result and give it a try ..luck might be one your side....But stil concentrate more on your law.
I am grateful for this. What are the subjects to register for in JAMB?
Re: Nigerian Defence Academy Admission Processes..........68-76RC by Walinco(m): 9:54pm On Oct 20, 2017
Oluwadara419:
I am grateful for this. What are the subjects to register for in JAMB?
political science ?

I think it English,government,maths nd maybe history/economics/french
Re: Nigerian Defence Academy Admission Processes..........68-76RC by Oluwadara419(m): 10:34pm On Oct 20, 2017
Walinco:
political science ?

I think it English,government,maths nd maybe history/economics/french
thank you. My problem is maths. Can't I replace it with geography and econs? Also, is neco of 2013 permitted? Hope two sittings isnt a barrier?
Re: Nigerian Defence Academy Admission Processes..........68-76RC by Kinglife(m): 3:16am On Oct 21, 2017
Oluwadara419:
thank you. My problem is maths. Can't I replace it with geography and econs? Also, is neco of 2013 permitted? Hope two sittings isnt a barrier?
you can use two sittings the 2013 result is not valid it more than 5years old which is the requirement
Re: Nigerian Defence Academy Admission Processes..........68-76RC by Walinco(m): 4:50am On Oct 21, 2017
Kinglife:
you can use two sittings the 2013 result is not valid it more than 5years old which is the requirement
The 2013 result is still valid only once if its five years then 2013+5=2018...He can still use it only once..and @oluwadara 2 sittings is no barrier
Re: Nigerian Defence Academy Admission Processes..........68-76RC by Kingmelford(m): 5:34am On Oct 21, 2017
Walinco:
The 2013 result is still valid only once if its five years then 2013+5=2018...He can still use it only once..and @oluwadara 2 sittings is no barrier
he cant use 2013 result it has expired this year. But he can use 2014 result
Re: Nigerian Defence Academy Admission Processes..........68-76RC by Odunayaw(m): 7:47am On Oct 21, 2017
Kingmelford:
Its valid till the end of 2018
Re: Nigerian Defence Academy Admission Processes..........68-76RC by Kingmelford(m): 8:54am On Oct 21, 2017
Odunayaw:
Its valid till the end of 2018
its not, you would have known if you went for this years interview, they only accept five years result starting from the exam year
Re: Nigerian Defence Academy Admission Processes..........68-76RC by teolagacy(m): 10:10am On Oct 21, 2017
MicNz:

You no dey aware...?

Oyebade is the new commandant.

Back to business, for the fact that people wthiut state of origin cert were pardoned this year doesn't mean that they will still be pardoned next year...
bro do mean maj gen niyi Oyebade is the new nda commandant?
Re: Nigerian Defence Academy Admission Processes..........68-76RC by NNAMDIII(m): 10:18am On Oct 21, 2017
Kingmelford:
Bro say what you know, Someone used 2012 waec and wasn't screened out in Afsb. He can use 2013 but this 70rc will be his last trial bro.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Defence Academy Admission Processes..........68-76RC by Odunayaw(m): 10:20am On Oct 21, 2017
Kingmelford:
its not, you would have known if you went for this years interview, they only accept five years result starting from the exam year
Since you said this years interview. Ok
Re: Nigerian Defence Academy Admission Processes..........68-76RC by Odunayaw(m): 10:21am On Oct 21, 2017
NNAMDIII:
Bro say what you know, Someone used 2012 waec and wasn't screened out in Afsb. He can use 2013 but this 70rc will be his last trial bro.
grin as we are learners kuma
Re: Nigerian Defence Academy Admission Processes..........68-76RC by NNAMDIII(m): 10:22am On Oct 21, 2017
Kingmelford:
How did you know that he didn't go for Afsb? ok lemme clear you doubts. If someone write waec this year can the person apply for nda this year? It'll have to be next year bro,that's when they'll start counting.

Samielowkey who's also a major in this group used 2012 for 69rc.
Re: Nigerian Defence Academy Admission Processes..........68-76RC by NNAMDIII(m): 10:25am On Oct 21, 2017
Odunayaw:
grin as we are learners kuma
grin grin

Re: Nigerian Defence Academy Admission Processes..........68-76RC by Kingmelford(m): 10:51am On Oct 21, 2017
@nnamdiii you can tweet nda @ndaregular to confirm
Re: Nigerian Defence Academy Admission Processes..........68-76RC by SammieLowkey(m): 12:44pm On Oct 21, 2017
NNAMDIII:

Sammielowkey who's also a major in this group used 2012 for 69rc.
True that! Dude has one last attempt

In other news, I still be learner 4 una side o grin
Re: Nigerian Defence Academy Admission Processes..........68-76RC by Daeyou(m): 8:48pm On Oct 21, 2017
Congratulation guyz cuz i sight many aspirant happy beyond mesures......

It's not all about the form to be out but to make final list na koko!

Congrat to 70rc cadet in advance,,,,,,,,, NNAMDII Demo4ril Warboi sammielowkey let's do it better !

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Defence Academy Admission Processes..........68-76RC by timmykaydude: 8:49pm On Oct 21, 2017
Kingmelford:
@nnamdiii you can tweet nda @ndaregular to confirm
do you think people dash because they want to? A lot of things happened.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Defence Academy Admission Processes..........68-76RC by Oluwadara419(m): 12:16am On Oct 22, 2017
Walinco:
thank you bro. Is eng govt econs and geography okay for pol sci? Also, hope a declaration of age is allowed, because that is what I have.
Re: Nigerian Defence Academy Admission Processes..........68-76RC by luckyboy1314: 3:04am On Oct 22, 2017
Oluwadara419:
thank you bro. Is eng govt econs and geography okay for pol sci? Also, hope a declaration of age is allowed, because that is what I have.
IT's HIGHLY ALLOWED

(1) (2) (3) ... (315) (316) (317) (318) (319) (320) (321) ... (414) (Reply)

University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread / 2016/2017 Uniben Admission Thread Guide. / The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.