Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,039 members, 7,807,122 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:52 AM

Maltreatment Of MTN Call Center Agents At Mayfair Gardens - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Maltreatment Of MTN Call Center Agents At Mayfair Gardens (31157 Views)

How Nlc’s Picketing Of MTN Violated Global ILO Rule / MTN NG Salary Structure: Salary Of MTN Nigeria Telecommunications Plc / MTN Call Center -mayfair Garden By Cnssl/ison Bpo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Maltreatment Of MTN Call Center Agents At Mayfair Gardens by XrisLee(m): 9:07pm On Aug 19, 2015
Maltreatment Of MTN Call Center Agents At Mayfair Gardens

''Indians are here on Nigerian soil, slaving us and using our money to en-rich their lives. This must stop...''

''I work as a customer care representative for Mtn Nigeria which was contracted for Communication Network Support Services Limited (CNSSL at Mayfair Garden Ibeju Lekki) we have always been told from the onset that we are not full staff of MTN Nigeria which we acknowledged but MTN has terminated the Contract CNSSL partly and now contracted it to a South African Indian company called ISON BPO. We've been maltreated badly.

The termination took effect on July 31st, we were re-issued another 3months contract letter from same CNSSL. before the termination of appointment, MTN who is the principal partner already sent a mail to all of us that our Unspent Leave days will be monetised. Gbenga Adebayo who is the CEO of CNSSL, paid nobody nothing and we have been working for 3years and (we have been confirmed as a full staff with letters), took up all our Unspent Leave days and cancelled them all. from August 1st to Oct 31st which the new contract states, we will not be going on Leave.
Those of us on Maternity Leave were asked to resume, even if u had the baby a day before or face been sacked I have a two weeks old baby and am working to support my family, so I can afford being sacked. But the stress is killing I leave home 4:20 everyday and get home close to midnight, except on night shift I can't even continue breastfeeding my baby, Our HMO has been cancelled. We were left with nothing after which he's sub contracting from ISON BPO for the period of 3 months (1st of August to 31st of October) We would be paid just our normal salary which is 75,367.05 Our work time has been unjustly increased from 5hours 20mins to 9hrs with one hour break which is unfair to us. This increase is only applicable to those in Mayfair Gardens, Ibeju Lekki, meanwhile most of us stay on the mainland, All other call centres (Apapa, Ikoyi, VGC), still run the normal shifts as usual. MTN has abandoned us and now we work like slaves. We can't talk because if we do we would be sacked, alot of people have been sacked unjustly. We're expected to pick calls and speak with 194 customers for the 9hrs. And for the night shift speak with 228 customers in 12hrs.

This is injustice.

While the stress is killing alot of us, we cant enjoy the free medical care because of the cancelled HMO. This is slavery I hope we would be saved from CNSSL/ISON BPO before its too late. This silence is long overdue and that is why I am sending this mail, Indians are here on Nigerian soil, slaving us and using our money to en-rich their lives. This must stop.

The MTN staff in south Africa recently protested for salary increment. We are not asking them for too much, all we ask for is our normal shift hours and for them to put an end to this madness''.

63 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Maltreatment Of MTN Call Center Agents At Mayfair Gardens by hola106(m): 9:12pm On Aug 19, 2015
Dem use jazZ hold u down

8 Likes

Re: Maltreatment Of MTN Call Center Agents At Mayfair Gardens by Shehucom(m): 9:24pm On Aug 19, 2015
Sebi MTN still pays close to 75k, the airtel BPO Tech mahindra pays 40k and you're expected to pick not less than 200 calls in 9 hours and asking you to meet an unrealistic AHT of 117 Secs.. This Indians has enslaved us, yet you can't complain or you'll be sacked. It's crazy, all this are happening due to job scarcity in the nation.. I had to resign from the company due to the unbearable nature of the job

48 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Maltreatment Of MTN Call Center Agents At Mayfair Gardens by monimekaz(m): 10:14pm On Aug 19, 2015
All Indians must go

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Maltreatment Of MTN Call Center Agents At Mayfair Gardens by kheart(m): 10:33pm On Aug 19, 2015
Who knows about enitglobal?

1 Like

Re: Maltreatment Of MTN Call Center Agents At Mayfair Gardens by kristen12(f): 12:15am On Aug 20, 2015
Eyah!!!

1 Like

Re: Maltreatment Of MTN Call Center Agents At Mayfair Gardens by Nobody: 2:23am On Aug 20, 2015
Too bad..
Wish this complain can be directed to NLC to look into the matter..

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Maltreatment Of MTN Call Center Agents At Mayfair Gardens by Mboi: 5:50am On Aug 20, 2015
Front page pls moderators. NLC, NCC and Mr President take note. How long will Nigerians continue to be slaves on their own land?

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Maltreatment Of MTN Call Center Agents At Mayfair Gardens by Nobody: 6:25am On Aug 20, 2015
Airtel did this while They were in. Abuja. That was the beginning of their breakdown cos they all protested. Now they are in ibadan, I don't know if things are better. . You guys should damn the consequences and protest!

Bloody keke-driving Indians. angry angry

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Maltreatment Of MTN Call Center Agents At Mayfair Gardens by kwaraguy(m): 7:23am On Aug 20, 2015
Naija sha, those that has made it without looting or robbery are honestly supposed to be thanking GOD in a special way everyday. E no easy but check my signature

6 Likes

Re: Maltreatment Of MTN Call Center Agents At Mayfair Gardens by tolugar: 7:36am On Aug 20, 2015
Before I comment, let me use this opportunity to Ask you a serious question I know most Nigerians are looking for who to ask?

What takes you people so much time to answer a call

55 Likes 1 Share

Re: Maltreatment Of MTN Call Center Agents At Mayfair Gardens by Generalkorex(m): 7:47am On Aug 20, 2015
XrisLee
you guys are not serious abt this issue
someone created a similar thread some days ago.
And we decided to launch #CNSSLSLAVERY on twitter so dat we can carry rainbow fm,channelstv and other along bt none of you do that.

4 Likes

Re: Maltreatment Of MTN Call Center Agents At Mayfair Gardens by smsshola(m): 8:10am On Aug 20, 2015
@op I feel ur pain seriously...also av a frnd who work with MTN here in Kaduna she lament ds pain to me and I wish i can really help, but this is my little advice put ds ur writeup in every blog u know and u can think of who know by doing this those who are the helm of affairs wl see or hear it then do something.

I kno it's not easy to protest du to the facts that u may loose ur job nd nothing to fall back to but pls use the social media to make ur voice louder and ur pen more sharper than sword.

U can even send a mail to all TV channels like channels and Tvc. Then forward this ur article to so many newspaper home. By doing this u wl be saving not jus ur soul but thousand of lives. I wl also do my part in my own litlle way remember if u keep quiet ur sorrow and pain wl only be known to u alone.

I wish to appeal to all naira land users to help in doin something's don't just view or like/share pls act.

23 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Maltreatment Of MTN Call Center Agents At Mayfair Gardens by cnssl: 8:49am On Aug 20, 2015
a trend has stArted on twitter #CNSSLSLAVERY go there and type whatever u like but make sure u hashtag cnssl and copy mtn nlc even aso rock if u will.it has already begun.join the movement unless u will contnue complaining. i am already getting retweets so imagine what a crowd will do.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Maltreatment Of MTN Call Center Agents At Mayfair Gardens by SPG4U(m): 8:58am On Aug 20, 2015
[size=20pt]wait dem no get SUG?

Just employ the service of human right services[/size]
Re: Maltreatment Of MTN Call Center Agents At Mayfair Gardens by mutiply: 9:04am On Aug 20, 2015
These Indians are so wicked and they treat workers poorly. A friend of mine is in a bad situation where he has been working for like 4yrs now.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Maltreatment Of MTN Call Center Agents At Mayfair Gardens by abumeinben(m): 9:11am On Aug 20, 2015
Hello XrisLee,

Speaking bout the garlic smelling creatures who can never make it in their country due to population and traditional rule, but come here to claim expertise, they have really done nothing but racism and wickedness.

I work with Ericsson managed service, you should know what am talking about, which is controlled by garlic smellers angry angry angry angry angry so I know.

I will put up my story here one of these days.

But in all I still blame our government angry

13 Likes

Re: Maltreatment Of MTN Call Center Agents At Mayfair Gardens by abumeinben(m): 9:12am On Aug 20, 2015
hola106:
Dem use jazZ hold u down

Kindly answer this question for your self after you graduate.

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Maltreatment Of MTN Call Center Agents At Mayfair Gardens by Skypelogger: 9:14am On Aug 20, 2015
cheesy
Re: Maltreatment Of MTN Call Center Agents At Mayfair Gardens by missKiffy(f): 9:14am On Aug 20, 2015
This is quite sad, I hope somtin is done soonest

2 Likes

Re: Maltreatment Of MTN Call Center Agents At Mayfair Gardens by naijainfogalery: 9:14am On Aug 20, 2015
Sometimes i just wonder why people let others turn them to slaves in the name of fear. When people push you to the fall i dont expect you to still be running cos there is no where to go, Its time to fight back, If i were you, All you have to do is contact a good lawyer, I know some high profile lawyers that will be willing to do this for free because the money they will make on the long run will be amazing.

All you have to do is gather all your evidences, obey whats on your contract let them sack you then you sue their asses including MTN. then you send out messages to all the bloggers in Nigeria to help you spread the news expecially Linda ikeja, Nairaland and twitter will be happy to support, I bet shebi they didnt wanna give you leave, they will pay you money that you wouldnt make in 50 years of working as fine,

All you have to do is present documents to show the stress you have gone through and the emotional and physical stress your child is going through. i bet the message will get the labour and with all our social media rants you will just become a multi millionaire over night while you still have time for your baby.

If a company chooses to be wicked, then you should also activate your own wicked mode

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Maltreatment Of MTN Call Center Agents At Mayfair Gardens by kingstylo01(m): 9:15am On Aug 20, 2015
Toh bad, sitting down and waiting for a miracle is not the solution.

I ask this If you work for a living... Why do you kill yourself working?

so stand up! Get up! Act fast by contacting radio stations, newspapers, bloggers, socialmedia sites, etc.

GET UP FOR YA RIGHT! angry
Re: Maltreatment Of MTN Call Center Agents At Mayfair Gardens by Pavore9: 9:15am On Aug 20, 2015
Indians are notorious!
Re: Maltreatment Of MTN Call Center Agents At Mayfair Gardens by oshibote1: 9:16am On Aug 20, 2015
Hmmmmmm
Re: Maltreatment Of MTN Call Center Agents At Mayfair Gardens by njuwo(m): 9:17am On Aug 20, 2015
M
Re: Maltreatment Of MTN Call Center Agents At Mayfair Gardens by ultrazone4: 9:17am On Aug 20, 2015
Don't spend your life building another man's dream, start a business today

2 Likes

Re: Maltreatment Of MTN Call Center Agents At Mayfair Gardens by pasword: 9:17am On Aug 20, 2015
why ur monika indicates" m"and u are telling us u have 2weeks old baby,u be transgender? grin
Re: Maltreatment Of MTN Call Center Agents At Mayfair Gardens by omega2128(m): 9:18am On Aug 20, 2015
you made me laugh.
By the time ISON is done with you, MTN call center that looks like a hell to you, will be like a heaven.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

My Former HR Is Disturbing Me / Airport PCRC Honours Josephine Ugwu, Cleaner Who Returned N12m (photo) / Geologists And Mining Engrs: Let's Talk Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.