Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,865 members, 7,802,775 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:19 PM

Maltreatment Of MTN Call Center Agents At Mayfair Gardens - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Maltreatment Of MTN Call Center Agents At Mayfair Gardens (31151 Views)

How Nlc’s Picketing Of MTN Violated Global ILO Rule / MTN NG Salary Structure: Salary Of MTN Nigeria Telecommunications Plc / MTN Call Center -mayfair Garden By Cnssl/ison Bpo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maltreatment Of MTN Call Center Agents At Mayfair Gardens by alexinfinity(m): 3:12pm On Aug 20, 2015
Shehucom:
Sebi MTN still pays close to 75k, the airtel BPO Tech mahindra pays 40k and you're expected to pick not less than 200 calls in 9 hours and asking you to meet an unrealistic AHT of 117 Secs.. This Indians has enslaved us, yet you can't complain or you'll be sacked. It's crazy, all this are happening due to job scarcity in the nation.. I had to resign from the company due to the unbearable nature of the job

omo... which of the companies did you resign from; make I submit CV ASAP! Wah Dah Hell!
Re: Maltreatment Of MTN Call Center Agents At Mayfair Gardens by totorimi: 3:13pm On Aug 20, 2015
Indians again NOWAY, anywhere you see them in Naija behead them, they are bastards. Imagine what they are doing to our people a country that is as poor as a church rat. Lets declare #waragainstIndiansinNaija
Re: Maltreatment Of MTN Call Center Agents At Mayfair Gardens by samuelson06(m): 3:18pm On Aug 20, 2015
cooldiva:

Simply means Average Handling time of a particular call. Time u should spend on a call!

Thanks.
Re: Maltreatment Of MTN Call Center Agents At Mayfair Gardens by Shehucom(m): 3:54pm On Aug 20, 2015
samuelson06:

What is AHT please?
AHT is an acronym for average hold time.. I can't remember how it's been calculated but its an average of calls you pick per day.. On each call the maximum time you should spend shouldn't be more than two minutes and you've got to pick abt 200 calls. The average for the day gives you the AHT.. Am sure you would be wondering why airtel call center agents always try to wrap up calls in a hurry when attending to customers
Re: Maltreatment Of MTN Call Center Agents At Mayfair Gardens by akatekpe(m): 4:06pm On Aug 20, 2015
CNSSL is still existing? shocked
Re: Maltreatment Of MTN Call Center Agents At Mayfair Gardens by bizzle2: 4:24pm On Aug 20, 2015
Issues as serious as this are brought up in threads and some dumb Bleep!s think sounding funny and making light of everything is "cool"
If you don't have meaningful contributions to make shut the fawk up.!!!!
You'll be shoving your sarcasm up your arses soon enough

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Maltreatment Of MTN Call Center Agents At Mayfair Gardens by bizzle2: 4:31pm On Aug 20, 2015
The blady a$$wipe hasn't even started his tertiary education let alone a career, and he's here mouthing off to his grand father's mate...
I wish age restrictions were enforceable in certain threads
abumeinben:

Kindly answer this question for your self after you graduate.
Re: Maltreatment Of MTN Call Center Agents At Mayfair Gardens by Nobody: 4:33pm On Aug 20, 2015
75k? D working conditions is bad no doubt but is still heaven compared to ISON BPO...dy pay jes abt 45k for d 9hrs, estimated 200+ calls a shift with all dos tagging et al...
XrisLee:
Maltreatment Of MTN Call Center Agents At Mayfair Gardens

''Indians are here on Nigerian soil, slaving us and using our money to en-rich their lives. This must stop...''

''I work as a customer care representative for Mtn Nigeria which was contracted for Communication Network Support Services Limited (CNSSL at Mayfair Garden Ibeju Lekki) we have always been told from the onset that we are not full staff of MTN Nigeria which we acknowledged but MTN has terminated the Contract CNSSL partly and now contracted it to a South African Indian company called ISON BPO. We've been maltreated badly.

The termination took effect on July 31st, we were re-issued another 3months contract letter from same CNSSL. before the termination of appointment, MTN who is the principal partner already sent a mail to all of us that our Unspent Leave days will be monetised. Gbenga Adebayo who is the CEO of CNSSL, paid nobody nothing and we have been working for 3years and (we have been confirmed as a full staff with letters), took up all our Unspent Leave days and cancelled them all. from August 1st to Oct 31st which the new contract states, we will not be going on Leave.
Those of us on Maternity Leave were asked to resume, even if u had the baby a day before or face been sacked I have a two weeks old baby and am working to support my family, so I can afford being sacked. But the stress is killing I leave home 4:20 everyday and get home close to midnight, except on night shift I can't even continue breastfeeding my baby, Our HMO has been cancelled. We were left with nothing after which he's sub contracting from ISON BPO for the period of 3 months (1st of August to 31st of October) We would be paid just our normal salary which is 75,367.05 Our work time has been unjustly increased from 5hours 20mins to 9hrs with one hour break which is unfair to us. This increase is only applicable to those in Mayfair Gardens, Ibeju Lekki, meanwhile most of us stay on the mainland, All other call centres (Apapa, Ikoyi, VGC), still run the normal shifts as usual. MTN has abandoned us and now we work like slaves. We can't talk because if we do we would be sacked, alot of people have been sacked unjustly. We're expected to pick calls and speak with 194 customers for the 9hrs. And for the night shift speak with 228 customers in 12hrs.

This is injustice.

While the stress is killing alot of us, we cant enjoy the free medical care because of the cancelled HMO. This is slavery I hope we would be saved from CNSSL/ISON BPO before its too late. This silence is long overdue and that is why I am sending this mail, Indians are here on Nigerian soil, slaving us and using our money to en-rich their lives. This must stop.

The MTN staff in south Africa recently protested for salary increment. We are not asking them for too much, all we ask for is our normal shift hours and for them to put an end to this madness''.

Re: Maltreatment Of MTN Call Center Agents At Mayfair Gardens by samuelson06(m): 4:47pm On Aug 20, 2015
Shehucom:

AHT is an acronym for average hold time.. I can't remember how it's been calculated but its an average of calls you pick per day.. On each call the maximum time you should spend shouldn't be more than two minutes and you've got to pick abt 200 calls. The average for the day gives you the AHT.. Am sure you would be wondering why airtel call center agents always try to wrap up calls in a hurry when attending to customers

Sure. I understand their folly now.

1 Like

Re: Maltreatment Of MTN Call Center Agents At Mayfair Gardens by bovi101: 4:58pm On Aug 20, 2015
We Nigerian youtth don't get bothered about issues until the thing reach our neck! I just dey observe dey read all this post before, but as e dey affect me, make me sef put mouth.
The genesis of all this wahala started from this attached email from the MTN CEO himself. None of us enter nairaland or shouted nay protest then.
I really don't know what we did wrong that MTN just decided to handover 6,000 youths as slaves to ISON, an Indian Frim with no major history locally. The same ISON was SPANCO that caused Airtel's downfall.

CNSSL to me, don try as a local firm. I won't say the job was the best but no other outsourced CCR job from airtel to glo had better offer like CNSSL. Even though I wanted more, I know where I was before I started this job and where I dey now. I get time do my side runs and even plenty of us buy car and also marry for here.

Even if we want to protest, CNSSL is not the center of this if you ask me. The MTN CEO said from August 1, 2015 there'll be a smooth transition. The 3 months contract we sign, no be the transition be that? The 10.00am-7.00pm shift, no be transition be that? I'm sure they plan to sack us all and get Mayfair out of the equation or offer lower pay sef!

As for me, I advise we all put it more as #MTNSLAVERY than to burn our own CNSSL down. CNSSL give me job, MTN wreck am.

3 Likes

Re: Maltreatment Of MTN Call Center Agents At Mayfair Gardens by sunnysmile80: 7:15pm On Aug 20, 2015
XrisLee:
Maltreatment Of MTN Call Center Agents At Mayfair Gardens

''Indians are here on Nigerian soil, slaving us and using our money to en-rich their lives. This must stop...''

''I work as a customer care representative for Mtn Nigeria which was contracted for Communication Network Support Services Limited (CNSSL at Mayfair Garden Ibeju Lekki) we have always been told from the onset that we are not full staff of MTN Nigeria which we acknowledged but MTN has terminated the Contract CNSSL partly and now contracted it to a South African Indian company called ISON BPO. We've been maltreated badly.

The termination took effect on July 31st, we were re-issued another 3months contract letter from same CNSSL. before the termination of appointment, MTN who is the principal partner already sent a mail to all of us that our Unspent Leave days will be monetised. Gbenga Adebayo who is the CEO of CNSSL, paid nobody nothing and we have been working for 3years and (we have been confirmed as a full staff with letters), took up all our Unspent Leave days and cancelled them all. from August 1st to Oct 31st which the new contract states, we will not be going on Leave.
Those of us on Maternity Leave were asked to resume, even if u had the baby a day before or face been sacked I have a two weeks old baby and am working to support my family, so I can afford being sacked. But the stress is killing I leave home 4:20 everyday and get home close to midnight, except on night shift I can't even continue breastfeeding my baby, Our HMO has been cancelled. We were left with nothing after which he's sub contracting from ISON BPO for the period of 3 months (1st of August to 31st of October) We would be paid just our normal salary which is 75,367.05 Our work time has been unjustly increased from 5hours 20mins to 9hrs with one hour break which is unfair to us. This increase is only applicable to those in Mayfair Gardens, Ibeju Lekki, meanwhile most of us stay on the mainland, All other call centres (Apapa, Ikoyi, VGC), still run the normal shifts as usual. MTN has abandoned us and now we work like slaves. We can't talk because if we do we would be sacked, alot of people have been sacked unjustly. We're expected to pick calls and speak with 194 customers for the 9hrs. And for the night shift speak with 228 customers in 12hrs.

This is injustice.

While the stress is killing alot of us, we cant enjoy the free medical care because of the cancelled HMO. This is slavery I hope we would be saved from CNSSL/ISON BPO before its too late. This silence is long overdue and that is why I am sending this mail, Indians are here on Nigerian soil, slaving us and using our money to en-rich their lives. This must stop.

The MTN staff in south Africa recently protested for salary increment. We are not asking them for too much, all we ask for is our normal shift hours and for them to put an end to this madness''.

It is time for emancipation in the labour market. Let's say no to slavery. Let's use all legal means to put an end to slavery and salvitude. Let's us all social media to cry outoud until our voice is heard.

1 Like

Re: Maltreatment Of MTN Call Center Agents At Mayfair Gardens by Unseen(m): 7:57pm On Aug 20, 2015
omega2128:
you made me laugh.
By the time ISON is done with you, MTN call center that looks like a hell to you, will be like a heaven.

True talk....... But they won't understand...... They need visit Airtel Ibadan Call centre

Everybody is talking about publicity, tv , social media....... All of the above was extensively carried out by MTN Jos CCRS in 2012 yet the government, NLC, NCC kept mute.

You guys should fight your war... Nigeria Government no send una

1 Like

Re: Maltreatment Of MTN Call Center Agents At Mayfair Gardens by tolugar: 9:39pm On Aug 20, 2015
missKiffy:

You are evil smiley

Same to you
Re: Maltreatment Of MTN Call Center Agents At Mayfair Gardens by barrybanbi: 11:19pm On Aug 20, 2015
abumeinben:

Reveal yasayf now grin

na we we .... we know ourself grin angry
Re: Maltreatment Of MTN Call Center Agents At Mayfair Gardens by abumeinben(m): 1:24am On Aug 21, 2015
bizzle2:
The blady a$$wipe hasn't even started his tertiary education let alone a career, and he's here mouthing off to his grand father's mate...
I wish age restrictions were enforceable in certain threads

I really wish bro
Re: Maltreatment Of MTN Call Center Agents At Mayfair Gardens by abumeinben(m): 1:26am On Aug 21, 2015
barrybanbi:

na we we .... we know ourself grin angry

Gimmie clue na grin
Re: Maltreatment Of MTN Call Center Agents At Mayfair Gardens by donolushegzy: 1:33am On Aug 21, 2015
Do you have someone looking for a job ? Or u personally wanna change your career.. join the social handler channel on bbm C00442C96
Re: Maltreatment Of MTN Call Center Agents At Mayfair Gardens by 2baga(m): 6:05pm On Aug 21, 2015
MadCow1:

Do I look like your Father?

Are you people giving me a cut of your salary?

I have so many darn good lawyers around that I could recommend to you but I wouldn't because you can't be spoon fed all the time. Why should I waste their time on unserious individuals? angry

Na una dey feel the pain, come together pull your monies together, agree on a line of action, go find a lawyer from the countless big chambers all over the fhucking place.. If you don't know where to start, take 200 Naira BRT bus from Mayfair to Law school at Ozumba Mbadiwe and make enquiries.

I am quite pissed off because I feel like you guys like to just talk about stuff and do nothing about it or wait for someone to come and be the Jesus to of your work and carry all the matter on his head.

It's your problem, deal with it..

Interesting...... All mouth, action = zilch

Your moniker says it all
Re: Maltreatment Of MTN Call Center Agents At Mayfair Gardens by MadCow1: 6:19pm On Aug 21, 2015
2baga:

Interesting...... All mouth, action = zilch

Your moniker says it all

I have my Job, you have yours.

If my work conditions were like yours, I would know the appropriate action to take. You can't expect someone else to come bare your burden.

If this issue is of importance to you, you would find a lawyer, expalain the issues bothering you to him, negotiate his legal fees and then proceed to file a case against your employer.

I simply gave you advice the onus to act is on you my friend, not me. After all, no be me dey suffer.
Re: Maltreatment Of MTN Call Center Agents At Mayfair Gardens by folaolu84(f): 6:52pm On Aug 21, 2015
seen

1 Like

Re: Maltreatment Of MTN Call Center Agents At Mayfair Gardens by damselle00: 8:48pm On Aug 21, 2015
whats the plight of those nursing mothers that were forced to resign for the sake of their new babies? whats the fate of those employees that were forced to resign? this and many more questions needs answers...an Injustice to 1 is an injustice to all...............

1 Like

Re: Maltreatment Of MTN Call Center Agents At Mayfair Gardens by Nobody: 11:30pm On Aug 21, 2015
grin
Re: Maltreatment Of MTN Call Center Agents At Mayfair Gardens by donttouch: 2:33am On Aug 22, 2015
abumeinben:
Hello XrisLee,

Speaking bout the garlic smelling creatures who can never make it in their country due to population and traditional rule, but come here to claim expertise, they have really done nothing but racism and wickedness.

I work with Ericsson managed service, you should know what am talking about, which is controlled by garlic smellers angry angry angry angry angry so I know.

I will put up my story here one of these days.

But in all I still blame our government angry

The problem with most Nigerians is that they reason upside down, If they do dat all.
Yuos guys should start using ur head wella
Re: Maltreatment Of MTN Call Center Agents At Mayfair Gardens by abumeinben(m): 10:40am On Aug 22, 2015
donttouch:

The problem with most Nigerians is that they reason upside down, If they do dat all.
Yuos guys should start using ur head wella

Good one bro...

Can u kindly give a brief if how, as a foreigner, you use ur head wella

1 Like

Re: Maltreatment Of MTN Call Center Agents At Mayfair Gardens by nk2015: 3:39pm On Aug 22, 2015
hmmmmmm....Mr Adebayo Gbenga..why have u decided to end this over 3yrs cordial relationship in this manner? There is God oh. u kept us in the dark for so long without at least explaining the situation on ground. we use to know u as a cool, easy going C.E.O. what shall it profit u to swallow our sweat and loose the rest of ur soul? no money to Monitized our un-used leave days and u building car park for which staff ISON STAFF or CNSSL staff that will end in oct? which its to commence operation by monday being the 24th of August. prior to the mail sent to us today. God its on the throne. do what u will want others to do to ur children.
Re: Maltreatment Of MTN Call Center Agents At Mayfair Gardens by tinksbabe070(f): 8:36pm On Aug 22, 2015
lipsrsealed
Re: Maltreatment Of MTN Call Center Agents At Mayfair Gardens by bimc: 11:05pm On Aug 22, 2015
My people enough of all these talks, let there be more action, ACTION.
Re: Maltreatment Of MTN Call Center Agents At Mayfair Gardens by abiolaj: 1:24am On Aug 24, 2015
CNSSL, THE NIGERIAN SLAVE MASTER REFERRED TO AS AN EMPLOYER
Firstly, I want to thank God for the provision of this job so far. As a stream 4 CCR in MTN call centre MAYFAIR GARDENS Awoyaya, I resumed work officially with CNSSL (a major contractor to MTN Nigeria) on the 2nd of January 2013 which indicates that by July 31st 2015, I have spent roughly 2years, 6months in which by right leave allowance for 2014 ought to have been paid January 2015 but Engr Gbenga Adebayo, CEO of CNSSL paid it April 2015 which we the CCRS were not angry about. MTN sent a mail that all unused LEAVE allowance for 2015 will be monetized but our amiable CNSSL CEO said he has paid the Leave allowance for this year running. I will implore MTN to order CNSSL to pay up our leave allowance with immediate effect now that we have been demonstrating our grievances through social Media peacefully because we have been so ridiculed in MAYFAIR GARDENS MTN CALL CENTRE since the inception of the job. Series of mails have been sent to Ugonwa concerning this matter but no response was received.
The question is; is CNSSL bigger than MTN to control or can MTN feign ignorance to the pains CCRs in MAYFAIR have been going through all this while. It is on record that MAYFAIR GARDENS MTN CALL CENTRE is the only call centre without a STAFF LINE, no better welfare package. Past festive seasons, it was reported to have been said that MTN gave out a BAG of Rice, Groundnut Oil to each contract staff (CCRs, drivers, cleaners) but CCRs in Mayfair are not beneficiaries of any of these. When asked about staff line, CNSSL CEO said (“if I give the CCRs staff line what about my other staff in RADIO, TV, and FARM”). Are they picking calls for MTN?
MACTAY paid their CCRs double salary at the end of the contract with MTN to say thank you for working with us but what do we get from our CEO of CNSSL? MTN should please compel CNSSL to pay up all our entitlements because with the way it is now, the image of MTN Nigeria is the one that is being tarnished. Why is Mayfair Gardens the only centre with different working conditions and from the mail sent from MTN, all working conditions remains the same till October 31st. All these should be looked into because CCRs in Mayfair are already agitated. We have been too quiet for too long, either which way, we are losing the job October 31st, and so we are not scared of sack letter anymore. Thank you.
Yours sincerely,
Coalition of aggrieved Mayfair CCRs.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Maltreatment Of MTN Call Center Agents At Mayfair Gardens by engrbrume(m): 8:27am On Aug 24, 2015
While I'm totally against corporate slavery, I cannot understand how someone can work for 3 whole years for a salary of 75k, leaving the house at 4:30am everyday. There's a better way to live, but you people reject it vehemently. It's called Network Marketing!!!! The problem is that someone who has spent over half of his life in school to earn a salary of 75k - 150k after working for 2 - 4 years wants to just join a network marketing company and make it in 2 months, without taking the time to learn the ropes. I have been with flp for just a year,practicing network marketing the professonal way, and I make over 200k already, but some of you wouldn't still believe. You can contact me at brume.odufa@flp.com if you want to know how you can succeed in flp.

Re: Maltreatment Of MTN Call Center Agents At Mayfair Gardens by 2baga(m): 3:57pm On Aug 24, 2015
MadCow1:

I have my Job, you have yours.

If my work conditions were like yours, I would know the appropriate action to take. You can't expect someone else to come bare your burden.

If this issue is of importance to you, you would find a lawyer, expalain the issues bothering you to him, negotiate his legal fees and then proceed to file a case against your employer.

I simply gave you advice the onus to act is on you my friend, not me. After all, no be me dey suffer.

That was no advice dude, that was a madcow running its mouf shocked shocked shocked
Re: Maltreatment Of MTN Call Center Agents At Mayfair Gardens by MadCow1: 4:12pm On Aug 24, 2015
2baga:

That was no advice dude, that was a madcow running its mouf shocked shocked shocked

Sure Hommie. Whatever helps you get better welfare from your employer..

cool
Re: Maltreatment Of MTN Call Center Agents At Mayfair Gardens by 2baga(m): 4:30pm On Aug 24, 2015
MadCow1:

Sure Hommie. Whatever helps you get better welfare from your employer..

cool

yeah...now you get the drift... zip it kiss kiss kiss

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

My Former HR Is Disturbing Me / Airport PCRC Honours Josephine Ugwu, Cleaner Who Returned N12m (photo) / Geologists And Mining Engrs: Let's Talk Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.