Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,461 members, 7,808,644 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:47 PM

Abia Plans Production Of Military Uniforms, Gears - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abia Plans Production Of Military Uniforms, Gears (18806 Views)

Rumours Of Military Coup Spread In Nigeria, Buratai Warns Soldiers / Fayose Cautions Buhari Over Probe Of Military Chiefs, Says $2.1bn Arms Deal Is A / Buhari Orders Removal Of Military Check Points (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abia Plans Production Of Military Uniforms, Gears by shachris02: 7:03am On Aug 20, 2015
Abia State has sought the assistance of the Peoples Republic of China to build the capacity of entrepreneurs and other citizens engaged in production of garments and leather works in the state.

The government said it planned to support its citizens involved in the production of security uniforms, boots, caps and other gears for use by the armed forces and the para-military agencies in Nigeria and other African countries.

Abia State Governor, Dr. Okezie Ikpeazu, who said this when he visited the Chinese ambassador to Nigeria, Gu Xiaoje, on Wednesday in Abuja, stated that about 100,000 Abia citizens were involved in production of leather shoes, belts, suits and jackets, noting that the small scale manufacturers would be empowered to ensure product consistency and quality.

He said the entrepreneurs need capacity building to ensure consistency and product quality hence his visit to the Chinese envoy to solicit his support.

The governor hinted that his administration is emphasising on technical education for the youths to enable them to be self-reliant.

Ikpeazu encouraged Chinese investors to invest in various sectors of the state economy including the leather and garment industry and agriculture, noting that his state is the highest cocoa producer in the country.

The governor said Abia was the ‘confluence’ of the states in the South-East and South-South regions, stressing that it was also the hub of small scale and medium enterprises in Nigeria.

He said, “Apart from being the hub of small and medium scale enterprises in Nigeria, Abia has a huge market and we make the best dresses, jackets and suits as well as leather shoes and belts. The only thing we want from the Chinese government is capacity building.

“Our aim is to supply military uniforms and gears to all the armed forces and para-military agencies in Nigeria and beyond, but we need capacity to ensure consistency and quality of products; the state government would set up quality control.”

Xiaoje, in his response, promised to encourage Chinese businessmen and investors to support projects and programmes that would benefit them and their host communities.

Source: http://www.punchng.com/news/abia-plans-production-of-military-uniforms-gears/

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Abia Plans Production Of Military Uniforms, Gears by MRLINGTON(m): 7:04am On Aug 20, 2015
Re: Abia Plans Production Of Military Uniforms, Gears by kingarizona1(m): 7:04am On Aug 20, 2015
Cool
Re: Abia Plans Production Of Military Uniforms, Gears by Pavore9: 7:09am On Aug 20, 2015
A good step.

6 Likes

Re: Abia Plans Production Of Military Uniforms, Gears by Nobody: 7:09am On Aug 20, 2015
Hmm nice one
Re: Abia Plans Production Of Military Uniforms, Gears by natas22: 7:14am On Aug 20, 2015
Well come development from a thinking governor that will make the market to grow if fully implemented.

Kudos to the governor

5 Likes

Re: Abia Plans Production Of Military Uniforms, Gears by Nobody: 7:20am On Aug 20, 2015
Nice one from Abians

Don't Forget to visit http://www.newstension.com for your current news

1 Like

Re: Abia Plans Production Of Military Uniforms, Gears by Nobody: 7:38am On Aug 20, 2015
I don't know much about what the law says about military uniforms..but is it legal? Can anybody open a shop producing military camouflage uniforms

5 Likes

Re: Abia Plans Production Of Military Uniforms, Gears by Blackfire(m): 7:49am On Aug 20, 2015
niyi20:
Hmm nice one
pro biafrans be like *aha wonderful*

2 Likes

Re: Abia Plans Production Of Military Uniforms, Gears by bugzbunny: 7:50am On Aug 20, 2015
Good one
Dnt stop with gears and stuffs
Time to go nuclear too
grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abia Plans Production Of Military Uniforms, Gears by cupidFlint(m): 7:52am On Aug 20, 2015
Blackfire:

*Aha wonderful* #Mtcheew. Get a life young man

12 Likes

Re: Abia Plans Production Of Military Uniforms, Gears by eaglechild: 7:56am On Aug 20, 2015
Aba definitely has the expertise to do so.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abia Plans Production Of Military Uniforms, Gears by hyfr(m): 7:57am On Aug 20, 2015
Blackfire:

you are to dull to shine in our bright world

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abia Plans Production Of Military Uniforms, Gears by zuchyblink(m): 7:58am On Aug 20, 2015
if only the zoo's government will agree to that....in the voice of sarduana of sokoto ''if we cannot produce it,will would rather employ foreigners''

12 Likes

Re: Abia Plans Production Of Military Uniforms, Gears by Ucheosefoh(m): 8:01am On Aug 20, 2015
That is the news I love to hear, empower the local manufacturers and create enabling environment for growth and development. I can't wait for competition between Anambra and Abia state in all economy indices E go make sense die

12 Likes

Re: Abia Plans Production Of Military Uniforms, Gears by Blackfire(m): 8:05am On Aug 20, 2015
hyfr:
you are to dull to shine in our bright world

in real life u dont even measure up to my sandals.
We could meet face to face to confirm.
I was just having fun, been happy of a business deal that just yield gains.

Pls abuse me one more time, pls.
Re: Abia Plans Production Of Military Uniforms, Gears by Blackfire(m): 8:06am On Aug 20, 2015
cupidFlint:
Re: Abia Plans Production Of Military Uniforms, Gears by lordtech(m): 8:08am On Aug 20, 2015
Wow, nice initiative. I hope it works out smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abia Plans Production Of Military Uniforms, Gears by Blackfire(m): 8:09am On Aug 20, 2015
cupidFlint:

I ve a life and is wonderful.... If joke turns u to a bunkun , i wonder what army slap will do to your life....cracum?

5 Likes

Re: Abia Plans Production Of Military Uniforms, Gears by kuuljay(m): 8:09am On Aug 20, 2015
aba made camouflage grin grin grin grin mbanu!!!

1 Like

Re: Abia Plans Production Of Military Uniforms, Gears by hyfr(m): 8:22am On Aug 20, 2015
Blackfire:

in real life u dont even measure up to my sandals.
We could meet face to face to confirm.
I was just having fun, been happy of a business deal that just yield gains.

Pls abuse me one more time, pls.
So getting the opportunity to supply bread to a school is the business deal that's making u happy?? Btw i can get u some shoes, sandals are outdated for a man like u

4 Likes

Re: Abia Plans Production Of Military Uniforms, Gears by ahaz: 9:09am On Aug 20, 2015
including the leather and garment industry
and agriculture, noting that his state is the
highest cocoa producer in the country.....waiting for any mango head to dispute this fact.

9 Likes

Re: Abia Plans Production Of Military Uniforms, Gears by DaGC(m): 9:18am On Aug 20, 2015
Its a welcome development.

The chocolate industry is also a multi-billion dollar industry.

2 Likes

Re: Abia Plans Production Of Military Uniforms, Gears by Skypelogger: 9:20am On Aug 20, 2015
Re: Abia Plans Production Of Military Uniforms, Gears by Gablo500(m): 9:20am On Aug 20, 2015
Ok
Re: Abia Plans Production Of Military Uniforms, Gears by ultrazone4: 9:20am On Aug 20, 2015
This is a welcomed development, but strict regulations should be put in place
Re: Abia Plans Production Of Military Uniforms, Gears by Anthony0094(m): 9:21am On Aug 20, 2015
if others think like him,probing will end
Re: Abia Plans Production Of Military Uniforms, Gears by Nobody: 9:21am On Aug 20, 2015
OMG!

Biafrans to sew clothes for thesame Nigerin army they hate?

Am beginning to feel this Biafra thing is just an internet affair which has no touch will real life.

6 Likes

Re: Abia Plans Production Of Military Uniforms, Gears by Dannyandre(m): 9:22am On Aug 20, 2015
Nice one ikeazu
Re: Abia Plans Production Of Military Uniforms, Gears by efilefun(m): 9:23am On Aug 20, 2015
Hope they wont sell it to the wrong set of animals in human skin
Re: Abia Plans Production Of Military Uniforms, Gears by EddyNumerouno(m): 9:23am On Aug 20, 2015
Good initiative by the gov, but military gear just can't be produced by every tom dick and harry.
Re: Abia Plans Production Of Military Uniforms, Gears by sammyj: 9:23am On Aug 20, 2015
Good development !!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

President Buhari Receives Ogoni Leaders At Aso Villa (pics) / Victor Umeh Receives Traditional Title In Zamfara, Sparks Online Debate. PICS / Buhari Directs Nigerian Flags To Fly At Half-mast For Three Days

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.