Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,848 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:04 AM

Why APC Can’t Be Ashamed Of Aregbesola – Lai Mohammed - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why APC Can’t Be Ashamed Of Aregbesola – Lai Mohammed (22031 Views)

Funeral Of Aregbesola's Mother: Osinbajo, Okorocha, Fayose, Others Attend (PICS) / Photo Of Aregbesola Ordering A Staff To A Meeting / Why Apc’s Alhassan Was Declared Taraba Governor — Tribunal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why APC Can’t Be Ashamed Of Aregbesola – Lai Mohammed by Skypelogger: 3:07pm On Aug 20, 2015
Re: Why APC Can’t Be Ashamed Of Aregbesola – Lai Mohammed by majortee(m): 3:10pm On Aug 20, 2015
O
Re: Why APC Can’t Be Ashamed Of Aregbesola – Lai Mohammed by francizy(m): 3:10pm On Aug 20, 2015
We know you will shield your failed element! undecided

2 Likes

Re: Why APC Can’t Be Ashamed Of Aregbesola – Lai Mohammed by majortee(m): 3:13pm On Aug 20, 2015
Osun workers(people) are suffering

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why APC Can’t Be Ashamed Of Aregbesola – Lai Mohammed by condralbede(m): 3:13pm On Aug 20, 2015
Nah thr way....
Re: Why APC Can’t Be Ashamed Of Aregbesola – Lai Mohammed by elohorayodele: 3:13pm On Aug 20, 2015
bloody liar mohammed

this guys are shameless barefaced liars

But if a man was taking about N3.6 billion a month but the last time he took I think he got about N400 million.

Osun state has and will never get N400million as monthly allocation.

Cant APC stop lying and spreading false propaganda,
elections are over, its time for governance

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why APC Can’t Be Ashamed Of Aregbesola – Lai Mohammed by BABYLUVLY(f): 3:16pm On Aug 20, 2015
Hnmmmm! APC, tongue

1 Like

Re: Why APC Can’t Be Ashamed Of Aregbesola – Lai Mohammed by CSTR2: 3:17pm On Aug 20, 2015
God bless aregbesola.
It will not be well with anybody that impeaches you.
Continue owing your people until they choke on it.
I also pray osun state get rewarded with an excellent governor like you after your tenure has expired for being unrepentant "progressives."

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why APC Can’t Be Ashamed Of Aregbesola – Lai Mohammed by francizy(m): 3:20pm On Aug 20, 2015
sammyj:
Still Reading !!!

Oya na, read and come type yah rubbish again.. tongue
Re: Why APC Can’t Be Ashamed Of Aregbesola – Lai Mohammed by Guyman02: 3:20pm On Aug 20, 2015
And Anambra State Governor last year increased workers salaries by 16% and just last month increased it again by another 15% while the state is not in debt and workers are not being owed with lots of infrastructural projects ongoing.

Lie Moh'd will soon come out to tell us that Anambra State is not in Nigeria but China

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why APC Can’t Be Ashamed Of Aregbesola – Lai Mohammed by sen8or(m): 3:20pm On Aug 20, 2015
Aminat508:
Be optimistic with your leaders and don't be pessimistic with them especially some people with a good mind and vision like Governor Aregbesola.... ..

Proudly osunite cheesy cheesy
i just dey pitty ur ignorance

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why APC Can’t Be Ashamed Of Aregbesola – Lai Mohammed by majortee(m): 3:21pm On Aug 20, 2015
CSTR2:
God bless aregbesola.
It will not be well with anybody that impeaches you.
Continue owing your people until they choke on it.
I also pray osun state get rewarded with an excellent governor like you after your tenure has expired for being unrepentant "progressives."
ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
Re: Why APC Can’t Be Ashamed Of Aregbesola – Lai Mohammed by sammyj: 3:21pm On Aug 20, 2015
................................................... grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin shocked cheesy grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
www.nairaland.com/attachments/2739269_clvrh3ow8aawwho_jpegb9410a887cc29efdba8c24c0caffdad6
francizy:

Oya na, read and come type yah rubbish again.. tongue
Re: Why APC Can’t Be Ashamed Of Aregbesola – Lai Mohammed by asha80(m): 3:22pm On Aug 20, 2015
Does lie muhammed understand the word cosmopolitan ? How can he say osun is the most cosmopolitan state? Or he meant state with highest urban centres?

1 Like

Re: Why APC Can’t Be Ashamed Of Aregbesola – Lai Mohammed by CSTR2: 3:24pm On Aug 20, 2015
Guyman02:
And Anambra State Governor last year increased workers salaries by 16% and just last month increased it again by another 15% while the state is not in debt and workers are not being owed with lots of infrastructural projects ongoing.

Lie Moh'd will soon come out to tell us that Anambra State is not in Nigeria but China
Abeg o.
Anambra is not a progressive state o.
Osun state is the real progressive.
up APC.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why APC Can’t Be Ashamed Of Aregbesola – Lai Mohammed by Nobody: 3:27pm On Aug 20, 2015
Nonsensical explaination without substance from the father of liars

1 Like

Re: Why APC Can’t Be Ashamed Of Aregbesola – Lai Mohammed by Nigerd(m): 3:28pm On Aug 20, 2015
midolian:
Against the background of the stretching arrears of salaries owed public workers in Osun State, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, the spokesman of the All Progressives Congress, APC , during an interactive session with the Editorial Board of Vanguard gave reasons why the state has found itself in dire straits asserting that the party cannot in any way be ashamed of the governor , Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola, or his record of performance. Excerpts:

Osun State is probably the most cosmopolitan state in the whole of Nigeria. We are very proud of our governor, Rauf Aregbesola and we stand by him because he is one of the most proactive governors, he is one governor that has taken the reason for governance very seriously.

What happened in Osun State is as follows: Up to 2013 December, the average that was distributed between the three tiers of the federation was about N800 billion a month but as of May last year, N338 billion was what was distributed, so what you have is that most states have suffered more than 50 per cent decline in revenue accruing to them from the federation account.

Osun State is not just the most cosmopolitan, it has the highest number of cities in the whole of country, Ilesha, Oshogbo, Ikirun, Ife and many more. So, by the time this decline came, Aregbesola had embarked on a lot of pro people programmes that had to be sustained and maintained such as the one meal a day programme for school children, the O-YES programme that employed so many people and kept crime at the lowest level in the whole of the country.

He had embarked on social welfare for the very elderly, school expansion and because of the introduction of the one meal a day programme, school enrolment had exploded.

So, the fact that a state cannot pay salaries does not mean the governor has been guilty of embelzement or misappropriation of funds, after all, there are some states that take derivation from oil that are still owing.

I will be ashamed of the governor if for instance I know for a fact that he took the money belonging to the state, misappropriated it or spent it unwisely or embezzeled. So far, nobody has come out to accuse Aregbesola of misappropriation of funds or if even being insensitive to the plight of the people.
But if a man was taking about N3.6 billion a month but the last time he took I think he got about N400 million.

Abandoning of projects

When he came in, he also inherited a lot of debts for which banks were also deducting, so, there is no way that we in APC can be ashamed of him because we know what is happening.

What of Oyo State? It is what is happening in Osun State that is happening in Oyo State also. It is either you say I am going to retrench and send people packing or I am going to abandon my projects.

If you had like Oyo been taking more than N4.2 billion and now they are taking less than N2 billion, how are you going to make up for the shortfall and these are states where internally generated revenue are almost non existence.

Well, I am happy that the Federal Government has come out now with a bailout package for all the states.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/08/why-apc-cant-be-ashamed-of-aregbesola-lai-mohammed/

I know Lying Lairs will support him.. after the guy don sponsor ur oga tiefnubu.. hw will u not be in his support...
APC babu Change.. Oleee

4 Likes

Re: Why APC Can’t Be Ashamed Of Aregbesola – Lai Mohammed by GoodSense: 3:36pm On Aug 20, 2015
Here we go again ......
Shameless apologist for a failed state. Blame previous governors, federal govt., etc. But refuse to accept responsibilities for watching over a failed state. If you CAN'T accept failure, then DON'T accept success.

Your article clearly shows this "state" has never and can never be self reliant.
Osun is a perpetual welfare baby and a drain on the federal govt. Why was this state created?

3 Likes

Re: Why APC Can’t Be Ashamed Of Aregbesola – Lai Mohammed by adconline(m): 3:38pm On Aug 20, 2015
because APC is as corrupt as PDP!

1 Like

Re: Why APC Can’t Be Ashamed Of Aregbesola – Lai Mohammed by fotadmowmend(m): 3:39pm On Aug 20, 2015
Are-oni-gbe-se ... APC is proud of ur rascality o o !

2 Likes

Re: Why APC Can’t Be Ashamed Of Aregbesola – Lai Mohammed by Ephemmm: 3:40pm On Aug 20, 2015
Guyman02:

And what is the Bigi about Anambra State Governor increasing salary since last year? Go and deepen your research, Aregbesola approved payment of salaries more than minimum wages since about 3-4 years ago.

To be candid, he is not a poor Governor as painted, but he bites more than what he can chew in my own opinion. Despite the drastic reduction in FG allocations, how can a state like Osun without much internally generated revenue embark on the following:

1. Cancellation of PTA fee

2. Provision of Uniforms for school pupil

3. Provision of meal for pupils

4. Provision of Opon Imo for pupils

5. Embarking on construction of ultra-modern school buildings

6. Provision of school buses for pupils etc

The question is - how can a State like Osun without much functioning industries nor much internally-generated revenue embark on all these project that even a state like Lagos with better allocations and revenues cannot sustain?

Aregbesola needs re-orientation: freedom is not even free in Freetown.
Re: Why APC Can’t Be Ashamed Of Aregbesola – Lai Mohammed by maestroferddi: 3:40pm On Aug 20, 2015
*Deletion*
Re: Why APC Can’t Be Ashamed Of Aregbesola – Lai Mohammed by maestroferddi: 3:41pm On Aug 20, 2015
asha80:
Does lie muhammed understand the word cosmopolitan ? How can he say osun is the most cosmopolitan state? Or he meant state with highest urban centres?
Lying and distortion of facts appear to be Lai Mohammed's forte.

Maybe he is talking about another Osun in Mars.

We know that the Osun in Nigeria is among the least developed.

Osun is in the league of Ekiti, Bayelsa and Ebonyi states in the south of the country.
Re: Why APC Can’t Be Ashamed Of Aregbesola – Lai Mohammed by anonimi: 3:48pm On Aug 20, 2015
steppin:
Why would you be ashamed of him? He was one of the co-sponsors in the last election.
Apci has no choice.

He was distributing change on megida's behalf angry

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2081946_change_jpeg1d261807316c13729a0ba23ee58934ff

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2630622_cjlpxmiwsaap2su_png84e6ed0c16cc1a142bc93d7da71a34a9

He did not listen to the voice of our elders =>

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2508658_oroagba_jpeg0abfc12dc92c58919137322247296662
Re: Why APC Can’t Be Ashamed Of Aregbesola – Lai Mohammed by anonimi: 3:52pm On Aug 20, 2015
GoodSense:
Here we go again ......
Shameless apologist for a failed state. Blame previous governors, federal govt., etc. But refuse to accept responsibilities for watching over a failed state. If you CAN'T accept failure, then DON'T accept success.

Your article clearly shows this "state" has never and can never be self reliant.
Osun is a perpetual welfare baby and a drain on the federal govt. Why was this state created?

Oga abeg take time oh grin grin
The state of Osun under the able leadership of AreGbese is NOT a perpetual welfare baby oh cheesy cheesy

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2511031_img22681848099545_jpeg_jpegd0c22199d4d5840b2b430d790dfb113d

That is why our able governor can build (past tense- ready since May 2014) the longest tarmac airport and chop N18.6 billion food in Bola Ige state house while workers and pensioners DIE of hunger.
And he is so comfortable to play football with the FATE of Osun workers and pensioners. So heartless!
All hail AreGbese!!!

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2042395_b7fvnpiiaabroh_jpeg81b2c4466e71003dbe03de8be0975de0

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2476155_aregbesolaairportcompletionpromise2014_jpeg7fac7bf803cd9410c988d3f00821ea7f

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why APC Can’t Be Ashamed Of Aregbesola – Lai Mohammed by henrysam(m): 3:55pm On Aug 20, 2015
Aregbe is a rascal.
And been APC member he becomes aregberascal.
We all know they will think we are fools but to God we are not but to some gullible ones who followed them hook line and sinker, I can only say your eyes will soon open.

1 Like

Re: Why APC Can’t Be Ashamed Of Aregbesola – Lai Mohammed by Metrofox(m): 3:56pm On Aug 20, 2015
midolian:
do you now act in accordance with his commands? embarassed embarassed embarassed

Who the hell is Ozaoekpe to tell you the threads to comment on? undecided
Cork blocker

Re: Why APC Can’t Be Ashamed Of Aregbesola – Lai Mohammed by BraniacX(m): 3:59pm On Aug 20, 2015
Aminat508:
Be optimistic with your leaders and don't be pessimistic with them especially some people with a good mind and vision like Governor Aregbesola.... ..

I for like slap your face then I see your DP, I go transfer my hand go your y****sh make you fit absorb the impact more cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why APC Can’t Be Ashamed Of Aregbesola – Lai Mohammed by neocortex: 4:01pm On Aug 20, 2015
Aminat508:

Tell that to the starving workers.

When did indebtedness and financial recklessness became the definition of vision ?

1 Like

Re: Why APC Can’t Be Ashamed Of Aregbesola – Lai Mohammed by wiseoneking: 4:03pm On Aug 20, 2015
midolian:
Against the background of the stretching arrears of salaries owed public workers in Osun State, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, the spokesman of the All Progressives Congress, APC , during an interactive session with the Editorial Board of Vanguard gave reasons why the state has found itself in dire straits asserting that the party cannot in any way be ashamed of the governor , Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola, or his record of performance. Excerpts:

Osun State is probably the most cosmopolitan state in the whole of Nigeria. We are very proud of our governor, Rauf Aregbesola and we stand by him because he is one of the most proactive governors, he is one governor that has taken the reason for governance very seriously.

What happened in Osun State is as follows: Up to 2013 December, the average that was distributed between the three tiers of the federation was about N800 billion a month but as of May last year, N338 billion was what was distributed, so what you have is that most states have suffered more than 50 per cent decline in revenue accruing to them from the federation account.

Osun State is not just the most cosmopolitan, it has the highest number of cities in the whole of country, Ilesha, Oshogbo, Ikirun, Ife and many more. So, by the time this decline came, Aregbesola had embarked on a lot of pro people programmes that had to be sustained and maintained such as the one meal a day programme for school children, the O-YES programme that employed so many people and kept crime at the lowest level in the whole of the country.

He had embarked on social welfare for the very elderly, school expansion and because of the introduction of the one meal a day programme, school enrolment had exploded.

So, the fact that a state cannot pay salaries does not mean the governor has been guilty of embelzement or misappropriation of funds, after all, there are some states that take derivation from oil that are still owing.

I will be ashamed of the governor if for instance I know for a fact that he took the money belonging to the state, misappropriated it or spent it unwisely or embezzeled. So far, nobody has come out to accuse Aregbesola of misappropriation of funds or if even being insensitive to the plight of the people.

Abandoning of projects

When he came in, he also inherited a lot of debts for which banks were also deducting, so, there is no way that we in APC can be ashamed of him because we know what is happening.

What of Oyo State? It is what is happening in Osun State that is happening in Oyo State also. It is either you say I am going to retrench and send people packing or I am going to abandon my projects.

If you had like Oyo been taking more than N4.2 billion and now they are taking less than N2 billion, how are you going to make up for the shortfall and these are states where internally generated revenue are almost non existence.

Well, I am happy that the Federal Government has come out now with a bailout package for all the states.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/08/why-apc-cant-be-ashamed-of-aregbesola-lai-mohammed/
I am disappointed with lie muhamad . do you call Oshogbo a city. and by the way anambra state with little resource is still the most
developed of all the state an most urbanized after Lagos. there is no
excuse for failure. anambra
state should be a great example.

1 Like

Re: Why APC Can’t Be Ashamed Of Aregbesola – Lai Mohammed by anonimi: 4:10pm On Aug 20, 2015
wiseoneking:
I am disappointed with lie muhamad . do you call Oshogbo a city. and by the way anambra state with little resource is still the most developed of all the state an most urbanized after Lagos. there is no excuse for failure. anambra state should be a great example.

The man is simply fulfilling the destiny of his name na grin grin

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2763267_ismelllies_jpeg2c332a58791119a1832457660f6ef6a7

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why APC Can’t Be Ashamed Of Aregbesola – Lai Mohammed by anonimi: 4:14pm On Aug 20, 2015
neocortex:

Tell that to the starving workers.

When did indebtedness and financial recklessness became the definition of vision?

Good question.
Make I try answer then aminat508 can confirm if I am correct or not-

- since Osunites ate the juju-laced and jazz-soaked Aregbe rice & odourless fufu, abi ke

[img]http://favourafolabi.files./2014/07/aregbe-rice2.jpg?w=1008[/img]

[img]http://1.bp..com/-phyaGgNy0Sk/U-DIUmiwLaI/AAAAAAABNqA/Oi4ky_esKd4/s1600/osun4.png[/img]

Atenuje elebi (greedy senselessness) na im dey kill our people I swear.
When shall we redeem ourselves from mental SLAVERY

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Senate Gives Buhari 2-week Ultimatum To End Fuel Scarcity / Tokunbo Afikuyomi Replies Lalong: ‘Tinubu Is Hale And Hearty’ / Hussaini Mairiga Blasts Buhari Over Dasuki, Says Cabal Ruling Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.