Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,809 members, 7,806,264 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:44 PM

Nigeria Now Generate 5000MW Electricity - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Now Generate 5000MW Electricity (40389 Views)

Nigeria Now Has A Twitter Handle...See Reactions / Assessment Of Light In Our Areas After The Announcement Of 5000mw / Nigeria Hits 5000MW Generation Mark (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Now Generate 5000MW Electricity by vikyno(m): 5:04pm On Aug 21, 2015
siraj1402:
Oponu somebody,why wasn't it work during his 6 years of wastage?

Yea, it 'wasn't it work' to you because your brain is numb.
Re: Nigeria Now Generate 5000MW Electricity by crownedprinz(m): 5:12pm On Aug 21, 2015
pasol4real:
Dats y we hav to thank God for a man like Gej who came ,saw n conquered.

Gej _ the best president Nigeria ever had
Lemme hear........stop being setimental
Re: Nigeria Now Generate 5000MW Electricity by crownedprinz(m): 5:12pm On Aug 21, 2015
pasol4real:
Dats y we hav to thank God for a man like Gej who came ,saw n conquered.

Gej _ the best president Nigeria ever had
Lemme hear........stop being setimental
Re: Nigeria Now Generate 5000MW Electricity by 3rdlegxxx(m): 6:09pm On Aug 21, 2015
I am really trying to understand why most people say PMB did or rather fixed electricity, how is that even possible, i told someone in my area, juat 1 month after PMB entered this started changing for the better in terms of electricity and every gullible mind says it's PMB, like seriously how can any1 fix the problem of a large country like this under 1v or 2 months, it beats me, i understand that all this were done under GEJ the fear of PMB did the trick and that is why all the corrupt hands are relaxing and things are going smoothly, both Presidents should take the praise
Re: Nigeria Now Generate 5000MW Electricity by cytellProperty: 6:39pm On Aug 21, 2015
How does incompetency link with the building of power plants over the years? Maybe you think its 5 Months that is used to build a power plant that you are ascribing the glory to Buhari. Go and study more and get informed, so you will not continue to mis-inform.
thehomer:

Five years of Jonathan's work manifest three months after his presidency? I say there's something incompetent about his leadership abilities.
Re: Nigeria Now Generate 5000MW Electricity by ocelot2006(m): 8:37pm On Aug 21, 2015
winterfell007:
let me enlighten those who care to know. i read comments of those praising Obsanjo for building the NIPP plants. no doubt Obj conceived the project in 2004/2005. it wasn't known as the Niger Delta Power Holding Company. it was just a contracting company that was given the initial funds to construct new power plants the power plants constructed where: omotosho 334 megawatts, papalanto 334 megawatts geregu 434 meagwatts and Afam 400 megawatts. note that these power were all taged 'phase 1" they were plans to construct the phase two of these plants before that National Assembly began to challenge Obj on the rationality of wasting funds by siting power plants where there are no known gas reserve. would power plants sited in states like Ogun and Kogi with no gas reserve run on water? that was the question that was raised. Obj rounded off and handed over to his successor, Yar'adua who suspended these projects due to the distortion and allegation of financial impropriety. it was GEJ who came in convinced the National Assembly as well as the state and local government on the need to continue this projects and begin the construction of the phase two of these power plants. Federal, State and Local government contributed a quota of their monthly allocation to Niger Delta Power Holding Company which realised eight (cool billion dollars from the contribution. this enable them to embark on the building the phase two of these projects which included: omotosho 500 megawatts,(phase two), olorunshugo 775 megawatts (phase two), geregu 434 megawatts (phase two). in addition to that GEJ ordered that new transmission and distribution lines being built to accomodate this new quantum of power that will be generated from these plants. Gej in 2011 also began the construction of Alaoji power plant in Abia 1074 megawatts, calabar power plant 500 megawatts in cross river, Ivohbor power plant 500 megawatts in Edo, Ogorode 500 megawatts in Delta Gbarain225 megawatts in Bayelsa and Egbema 335 megawatts in Imo state. note that these are states are part of the NNDC with adequate gas reserves to power this new plants being built. Jonthan went to china to secure a loan from the chinese exim bank to construct a hydro power plant in Zungeru 700 megawatts in Niger state and secured 500million dollar eurobond to build gas pipelines that will connect the entire power plants being built. the contract was given to Oilserve Nigeria Limited, an indigenous company owned by my name sake Emeka Okwusa to do the job and the project will be completed in 2017. if you doubt me, browse: www. ndphc.com.ng for more info. those saying Jonathan is only commisioning Obj's projects are fools, Obj builts plants with no plan for gas collection, how will they fuel it, is it with water? no transmission lines to evacuate the power generated. it was GEJ who ensured all power that will come from these new plants(both the one constructed by Obj and Him) can get to the ingrates called masses. people are praising Buhari that hasn't inaugurated any new projects since he came to power. tongue cool smiley

THANK YOU!!! Teach all these useless zombies and paper w@nkers.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Now Generate 5000MW Electricity by chudionu58(f): 9:19pm On Aug 21, 2015
winterfell007:
let me enlighten those who care to know. i read comments of those praising Obsanjo for building the NIPP plants. no doubt Obj conceived the project in 2004/2005. it wasn't known as the Niger Delta Power Holding Company. it was just a contracting company that was given the initial funds to construct new power plants the power plants constructed where: omotosho 334 megawatts, papalanto 334 megawatts geregu 434 meagwatts and Afam 400 megawatts. note that these power were all taged 'phase 1" they were plans to construct the phase two of these plants before that National Assembly began to challenge Obj on the rationality of wasting funds by siting power plants where there are no known gas reserve. would power plants sited in states like Ogun and Kogi with no gas reserve run on water? that was the question that was raised. Obj rounded off and handed over to his successor, Yar'adua who suspended these projects due to the distortion and allegation of financial impropriety. it was GEJ who came in convinced the National Assembly as well as the state and local government on the need to continue this projects and begin the construction of the phase two of these power plants. Federal, State and Local government contributed a quota of their monthly allocation to Niger Delta Power Holding Company which realised eight (cool billion dollars from the contribution. this enable them to embark on the building the phase two of these projects which included: omotosho 500 megawatts,(phase two), olorunshugo 775 megawatts (phase two), geregu 434 megawatts (phase two). in addition to that GEJ ordered that new transmission and distribution lines being built to accomodate this new quantum of power that will be generated from these plants. Gej in 2011 also began the construction of Alaoji power plant in Abia 1074 megawatts, calabar power plant 500 megawatts in cross river, Ivohbor power plant 500 megawatts in Edo, Ogorode 500 megawatts in Delta Gbarain225 megawatts in Bayelsa and Egbema 335 megawatts in Imo state. note that these are states are part of the NNDC with adequate gas reserves to power this new plants being built. Jonthan went to china to secure a loan from the chinese exim bank to construct a hydro power plant in Zungeru 700 megawatts in Niger state and secured 500million dollar eurobond to build gas pipelines that will connect the entire power plants being built. the contract was given to Oilserve Nigeria Limited, an indigenous company owned by my name sake Emeka Okwusa to do the job and the project will be completed in 2017. if you doubt me, browse: www. ndphc.com.ng for more info. those saying Jonathan is only commisioning Obj's projects are fools, Obj builts plants with no plan for gas collection, how will they fuel it, is it with water? no transmission lines to evacuate the power generated. it was GEJ who ensured all power that will come from these new plants(both the one constructed by Obj and Him) can get to the ingrates called masses. people are praising Buhari that hasn't inaugurated any new projects since he came to power. tongue cool smiley
Very wonderful analysis though as expected non of the shameless propagandists would dare reply you..
but for the records, the gas infrastructure you talked about is called the Obiafu/Obrikom to Oben 120km 48" gas trunkline... it was awarded in April 2012 to Oilserve and Nestoil to be ready by Q1 2017....Thanks.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Now Generate 5000MW Electricity by Origin(f): 10:31pm On Aug 21, 2015
Since Buhari came to power, it has become obvious that the only thing wrong with Nigeria are its people (me and you)
There is nothing the human mind cannot achieve when determined,
What has changed, no extra investment - nothing yet more light, more fuel @ good price (without subsidy), more food,
Let everyone be accountable. Things are working because people have become accountable.
DO YOUR JOB WELL. DO THE RIGHT THING.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Now Generate 5000MW Electricity by thehomer: 9:46am On Aug 22, 2015
cytellProperty:
How does incompetency link with the building of power plants over the years? Maybe you think its 5 Months that is used to build a power plant that you are ascribing the glory to Buhari. Go and study more and get informed, so you will not continue to mis-inform.

It is gross incompetence not to have completed a single power plant. Coal and gas fired plants take less than five years to build. 2 or three of each could have been began and completed simultaneously at multiple sites during his administration instead we have people looting more than 6 billion dollars under his watch. That is incompetent leadership. It isn't like he was building nuclear plants.

I have studied and I'm informed have you studies anything at all?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Now Generate 5000MW Electricity by ocelot2006(m): 11:41am On Aug 22, 2015
Origin:
Since Buhari came to power, it has become obvious that the only thing wrong with Nigeria are its people (me and you)
There is nothing the human mind cannot achieve when determined,
What has changed, no extra investment - nothing yet more light, more fuel @ good price (without subsidy), more food,
Let everyone be accountable. Things are working because people have become accountable.
DO YOUR JOB WELL. DO THE RIGHT THING.

More fuel @ good price?! Are u fvking joking?! I buy fuel @ N110.00 per ltr yet you call that a "good price"? Even the power improvement isn't GMB's handwork, and the increased food output is as a result of the agriculture REVOLUTION by Adesina's Federal Ministry of Agriculture under GEJ's watch. So what the hell are you talking about?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Now Generate 5000MW Electricity by cytellProperty: 3:06pm On Aug 22, 2015
What is " have you studies anything at all" Olodo!!!
thehomer:

It is gross incompetence not to have completed a single power plant. Coal and gas fired plants take less than five years to build. 2 or three of each could have been began and completed simultaneously at multiple sites during his administration instead we have people looting more than 6 billion dollars under his watch. That is incompetent leadership. It isn't like he was building nuclear plants.

I have studied and I'm informed have you studies anything at all?
Re: Nigeria Now Generate 5000MW Electricity by thehomer: 4:14pm On Aug 22, 2015
cytellProperty:
What is " have you studies anything at all" Olodo!!!

You're a fool. So the best criticism of my response you have is a typo? I guess a genius like yourself has never made any grammatical or typographical errors? Well looking through your posts shows otherwise.

cytellProperty:

Take a look at your first sentence here. Do you think that is a sensible sentence construction? In your second sentence, why is the "M" in months capitalized? And in your last sentence, what is "mis-inform"? You miserable fool why is there a hyphen there?

You see anyone can ignore actual points and instead focus on trivial issues the fact is that people do this when they have no points to make. Talk to me when you have actual points to make.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Now Generate 5000MW Electricity by cytellProperty: 4:44pm On Aug 22, 2015
Mumu-ish boy like you.
thehomer:

You're a fool. So the best criticism of my response you have is a typo? I guess a genius like yourself has never made any grammatical or typographical errors? Well looking through your posts shows otherwise.

Take a look at your first sentence here. Do you think that is a sensible sentence construction? In your second sentence, why is the "M" in months capitalized? And in your last sentence, what is "mis-inform"? You miserable fool why is there a hyphen there?

You see anyone can ignore actual points and instead focus on trivial issues the fact is that people do this when they have no points to make. Talk to me when you have actual points to make.
Re: Nigeria Now Generate 5000MW Electricity by nejifresh(m): 6:21pm On Aug 22, 2015
We are a country of ingrates and liars. Give kudos to whom kudos is due. God bless GEJ for setting the pace, and may God grant PMB wisdom to continue.
Re: Nigeria Now Generate 5000MW Electricity by thehomer: 10:14am On Aug 23, 2015
cytellProperty:
Mumu-ish boy like you.

grin grin This is why you're a proper fool. It appears that you have nothing sensible to say. Or you've said all your tiny brain is capable of.
Re: Nigeria Now Generate 5000MW Electricity by cytellProperty: 10:42am On Aug 23, 2015
Ode sq1
thehomer:

grin grin This is why you're a proper fool. It appears that you have nothing sensible to say. Or you've said all your tiny brain is capable of.
Re: Nigeria Now Generate 5000MW Electricity by omolami: 4:22pm On Aug 23, 2015
All thanks to God and Jonathan's/Nebo administration.
Re: Nigeria Now Generate 5000MW Electricity by nobeku: 4:18am On Aug 28, 2015
Rad1cal:

Can someone please tell this uninformed camel to shut up. What do you have to counter his comment than your silly lines.
Hmmm..another new fan who's desperately hooked on my 1 liners..sorry...I ain't impressed..I'm used to losers like you falling over like heroine addicts just for mental ressurection...SCALLYWAG!!!
Re: Nigeria Now Generate 5000MW Electricity by Rad1cal: 11:08pm On Aug 28, 2015
nobeku:
Hmmm..another new fan who's desperately hooked on my 1 liners..sorry...I ain't impressed..I'm used to losers like you falling over like heroine addicts just for mental ressurection...SCALLYWAG!!!

You sound like a r@ped pig.

Feeling overhyped doesn't sooth you one bit

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahaha !!
Re: Nigeria Now Generate 5000MW Electricity by Limerick: 7:55am On Sep 30, 2015
holuwamurewa:
Murey is here

xup....is this murey on the infinix hot2 whatsapp group?
Re: Nigeria Now Generate 5000MW Electricity by holuwamurewa(m): 8:49am On Sep 30, 2015
Limerick:
xup....is this murey on the infinix hot2 whatsapp group?

Definitely bro
Re: Nigeria Now Generate 5000MW Electricity by Nobody: 9:43am On Sep 30, 2015
Abbycite:
God bless GEJ and his entire team......the onus is now on Pmb to build on dis....

I dont know what is so hard to comprehend in dis....we can only praise PMB if by 2019 d capacity has increased to 10000mw. U cant attribute dis feat to a newly formed govt that has not spent a kobo on capital project..... if we cant blame PMB 4 boko haram in d north....then we cant praise him 4 improvd electricity
Governance should be a continuous exercise. The argument about who takes credit for what leads governments to abandon projects initiated by their predecessors. Obasanjo invested more money and did more for power that any other civilian President in Nigeria. He drew up the roadmap to Power and set up the Presidential implementation Committee. Mr. Jonathan continued from there and rechanneled resources to the gas utilization to the power plants. Now Mr. Buhari is working on accountability and we have seen how a combination of the priorities of the three presidents is leading to improved power supply. I wish to see similar progress in agriculture, railway and effective legislation.
Re: Nigeria Now Generate 5000MW Electricity by Limerick: 8:15pm On Sep 30, 2015
holuwamurewa:

Definitely bro
long time bro grin . see i need your help, i dont mind creating time to come and see you personally. my hot 2 got bricked on the process of rooting... i need you to help me flash it bro.pls, urgently.
Re: Nigeria Now Generate 5000MW Electricity by holuwamurewa(m): 9:02pm On Sep 30, 2015
Limerick:
long time bro grin . see i need your help, i dont mind creating time to come and see you personally. my hot 2 got bricked on the process of rooting... i need you to help me flash it bro.pls, urgently.

KikikikikiKikikikiki grin
Re: Nigeria Now Generate 5000MW Electricity by Limerick: 9:04pm On Sep 30, 2015
holuwamurewa:

gimme your number abeg.... a number i can use to call you and whatsapp as well.
Re: Nigeria Now Generate 5000MW Electricity by Limerick: 11:02pm On Sep 30, 2015
holuwamurewa:

pls tell paul to add this number to the whatsapp group 08085752943

besides, i go break that guy head...naim put me inside trouble
Re: Nigeria Now Generate 5000MW Electricity by holuwamurewa(m): 12:50am On Oct 01, 2015
Limerick:
gimme your number abeg.... a number i can use to call you and whatsapp as well.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Petrol Price Will Rise To N1,000 Per Litre When Petrol Subsidy Ends — DPR / APC Candidates In Abuja Remove Buhari's Picture From Poster / Deacon Femi Adesina, A Shameless Sanballat By Bayo Oluwasanmi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.