Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,854 members, 7,802,739 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:27 PM

NLNG Or Chevron Or Any Refinery?...best Company To Work As A Gas Engineer - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / NLNG Or Chevron Or Any Refinery?...best Company To Work As A Gas Engineer (2532 Views)

Graduate Gas Engineer Need A Job. / 2016/2017 NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship / Oil & Gas Engineer Needed For Immediate Employment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

NLNG Or Chevron Or Any Refinery?...best Company To Work As A Gas Engineer by berepiki(m): 8:35pm On Aug 20, 2015
Studied Gas Engineering with a 2.1.... Did my Industrial training at Warri Refinery...I worked as an external operator at the crude oil distillation plant, CDU (topping unit)...I was involved in so many plant activities like desalter management, lubrication of pumps, priming, start-up n shut-down of plant, gas plant management etc...after 2months I was given the privilege to communicate with the internal operators in the control panel... They gave me their communication gadget n instructions were given to me n I carried it out successfully for the remaining 4months of my stay there... What an experience...some companies don't allow I. T students to handle their radio... In fact it was a battle before we were allowed to oversee the plant... It was a big privilege... Thanks to Mr. UGWEDE, Mr. Sheyi, Mr. Ezekiel and Mr. PIUS(my supervisors) , they fought for us because they believed in us..... Thank God I dint sit down in an office drinking tea n going for errands... Lol...
I hail my colleagues then in 2011, Ogbarode, Oghogho, Kelly Ochuko, and Rahab. They were men and women with giant hearts ... The day the Refinery almost exploded because of a fire incident, men like Ogbarode had to climb columns during the shut down... A giant heart indeed... GOD helped us that dat if not, the whole of ekpan Warri would have gone down that day because of a domino effect that would've occurred. It was really an experience, more than an industrial training... Lol... The cause of the fire was an equipment failure n not human error... Thank God for the turnaround maintenance that is going on now... Those process equipments then were really old...#believe

I'm in a dilemma now... Should I go for experience (Refinery Job) or my course/govt work (LNG) or big pay at (Chevron)?
Re: NLNG Or Chevron Or Any Refinery?...best Company To Work As A Gas Engineer by ladyF(f): 8:45pm On Aug 20, 2015
NLNG grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NLNG Or Chevron Or Any Refinery?...best Company To Work As A Gas Engineer by berepiki(m): 8:50pm On Aug 20, 2015
Please state ur reasons
Re: NLNG Or Chevron Or Any Refinery?...best Company To Work As A Gas Engineer by jamanuka: 8:54pm On Aug 20, 2015
Berepiki do you have offer from all 3 or you are hoping ?

2 Likes

Re: NLNG Or Chevron Or Any Refinery?...best Company To Work As A Gas Engineer by benedima1990(m): 11:17pm On Aug 20, 2015
Op are [size=32pt]dreaming[/size] of working in any of these three or you're faced with [size=32pt]reality[/size] offer of the three already
Re: NLNG Or Chevron Or Any Refinery?...best Company To Work As A Gas Engineer by berepiki(m): 9:22am On Aug 21, 2015
Just drop ur advice... I'm believing God for all of these
... I don't want to be confused when the offers come... TRUST me, they will surely come... In Jesus Name AMEN

1 Like

Re: NLNG Or Chevron Or Any Refinery?...best Company To Work As A Gas Engineer by butanep(m): 9:59am On Aug 21, 2015
berepiki:
... I don't want to be confused when the offers come... TRUST me, they will surely come... In Jesus Name AMEN

Don't worry, when the offers comes, you will know what to do. Have you done your NYSC?

You are still in your imaginary world, when you come back to reality, you will know what to do.

The fact you studied Gas Engineering and did IT in a refinery does not guarantee you a job in any of the company except you have the right link and matter of grace.

Just pray for God's grace to get a good job. Don't channel your focus to the oil industry alone so you won't get disappointed when jobs from that sector is not coming forth.

Goodluck...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NLNG Or Chevron Or Any Refinery?...best Company To Work As A Gas Engineer by benedima1990(m): 5:56pm On Aug 21, 2015
butanep:

Don't worry, when the offers comes, you will know what to do. Have you done your NYSC?

You are still in your imaginary world, when you come back to reality, you will know what to do.

The fact you studied Gas Engineering and did IT in a refinery does not guarantee you a job in any of the company except you have the right link and matter of grace.

Just pray for God's grace to get a good job. Don't channel your focus to the oil industry alone so you won't get disappointed when jobs from that sector is not coming forth.

Goodluck...

Imaginary world versus reality world fir naija no b small tin oooooo
Re: NLNG Or Chevron Or Any Refinery?...best Company To Work As A Gas Engineer by benedima1990(m): 5:56pm On Aug 21, 2015
butanep:

Goodluck...

Imaginary world versus reality world for naija no b small tin oooooo
Re: NLNG Or Chevron Or Any Refinery?...best Company To Work As A Gas Engineer by butanep(m): 6:58pm On Aug 21, 2015
benedima1990:

Imaginary world versus reality world for naija no b small tin oooooo

The difference is very wide...
Re: NLNG Or Chevron Or Any Refinery?...best Company To Work As A Gas Engineer by Philadelphia: 8:11pm On Aug 21, 2015
The op asked a harmless question. If you don't have an answer kindly do yourself a favour
Re: NLNG Or Chevron Or Any Refinery?...best Company To Work As A Gas Engineer by berepiki(m): 9:09pm On Aug 21, 2015
Philadelphia:
The op asked a harmless question. If you don't have an answer kindly do yourself a favour
... Thanks a million... Don't mind them, they are dream killers...Lol...like the devil, moving to n fro from one thread to another looking for dreams to destroy... Lol

1 Like

Re: NLNG Or Chevron Or Any Refinery?...best Company To Work As A Gas Engineer by berepiki(m): 9:16pm On Aug 21, 2015
... Am done with youthservice... These companies need a gem like me... So am even doing them a favor... I am an entrepreneur I need not work for anybody... Just that I need to sow a seed of sincere service first before people can sincerely serve me... #awordforthewise

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NLNG Or Chevron Or Any Refinery?...best Company To Work As A Gas Engineer by oluwanoni: 9:56am On Aug 22, 2015
"shakebody" you are here again....

1 Like

Re: NLNG Or Chevron Or Any Refinery?...best Company To Work As A Gas Engineer by oluwanoni: 9:58am On Aug 22, 2015
"shakebody" you are here again....forming ITK & holy than thou attitude....na there u go tire...#nodisrespect.....I wish u the best.
Re: NLNG Or Chevron Or Any Refinery?...best Company To Work As A Gas Engineer by abiambo(m): 12:10pm On Aug 22, 2015
Am also a gas engineer, with some experience in NLNG, but I think d best place for you is chevron.
In chevron u can be a fulfilled gas engineer and more, they will push u to other fields and broaden u. Making you a complete engineer at the end of the day, whereas in NLNG u might get bored and really streamlined cos as u know nlng is 1 aspect of d gas biz, u have gtls, lpg, condensates but these operations r smaller, in chevy u can turn into a production guru, a drilling expert, a mud engineer, a completions man and a gas engineer. U might not b so fulfilled in nlng as u will in chevy, refinery is even worse, u get HC feed and distil, crack and all desame tin in d next 30 yrs am sure u want more from life if u had an option.
Today am a gas engineer, mud engineer, and I knw abit of completion am looking for a job for now but I can confortably fit into more companies than if I ended my world in gas.remember we ve only 1 functioning lng in d country atm. If u loose ur lng job 10 yrs in u ve to den look for a job abroad cos an oil servicing company won't rush u, neither will most IOCs
But if u loose ur chevy job 10 yrs in u might just stroll into she'll or agip better still total e$p.

To any1 who can help, I need a job badly just mention nd ill send my CV. Tnx
berepiki:

1 Like

Re: NLNG Or Chevron Or Any Refinery?...best Company To Work As A Gas Engineer by fun4: 4:52pm On Aug 22, 2015
Unique! Unique!! @op(Boma) I am also a Gas Engr from UPH 2012; getting a job is not easy today so the best is to be open-minded.

Which ever comes, take it and develop your career from there. Truth is that you can become a Gas Engr'g expert in Chevron, NLNG or Refinery. It all depends on you and what you want from your job.

Imagine me now working as a contract staff in BY with the welding team in an SPDC gas line construction project. Imagine the experience( welding, fitting, wrapping, SHE, grinding, hydro-testing, working in a difficult and swampy terrain, etc).

Can even decide to develop myself into a welding and fitting professional.

So wherever you go into, it is left for you to decide on what to do next rather than limiting...

2 Likes

Re: NLNG Or Chevron Or Any Refinery?...best Company To Work As A Gas Engineer by wroskian(m): 6:55pm On Aug 22, 2015
abiambo:
Am also a gas engineer, with some experience in NLNG, but I think d best place for you is chevron.
In chevron u can be a fulfilled gas engineer and more, they will push u to other fields and broaden u. Making you a complete engineer at the end of the day, whereas in NLNG u might get bored and really streamlined cos as u know nlng is 1 aspect of d gas biz, u have gtls, lpg, condensates but these operations r smaller, in chevy u can turn into a production guru, a drilling expert, a mud engineer, a completions man and a gas engineer. U might not b so fulfilled in nlng as u will in chevy, refinery is even worse, u get HC feed and distil, crack and all desame tin in d next 30 yrs am sure u want more from life if u had an option.
Today am a gas engineer, mud engineer, and I knw abit of completion am looking for a job for now but I can confortably fit into more companies than if I ended my world in gas.remember we ve only 1 functioning lng in d country atm. If u loose ur lng job 10 yrs in u ve to den look for a job abroad cos an oil servicing company won't rush u, neither will most IOCs
But if u loose ur chevy job 10 yrs in u might just stroll into she'll or agip better still total e$p.

To any1 who can help, I need a job badly just mention nd ill send my CV. Tnx
Can you link me up for a graduate intern role, i need hands-on experience to develop my skills. Interested in production or safety aspects of O&G, studied Chemistry.
Re: NLNG Or Chevron Or Any Refinery?...best Company To Work As A Gas Engineer by Nobody: 7:39am On Aug 24, 2015
this kid again lmao. doing dem a favour my foot. ur eye go soon clear. they are sacking peeps due to oil prices. u beta go nd beg d school principal. ur even over d age for entry level. u hv no experience too forget dat IT. so sorry for u tho. keep dreaming
Re: NLNG Or Chevron Or Any Refinery?...best Company To Work As A Gas Engineer by yoged(m): 11:15pm On Aug 24, 2015
grin
oluwanoni:
"shakebody" you are here again....

(1) (Reply)

Who Got Red Cross (ICRC) Invitation For Data Entry Operator / After Helping Them To Bring In Enough Customers, Look At What #swiftnetworks / Sifax Group

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.