Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,455 members, 7,801,117 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 11:09 AM

"I Won't Tolerate Extortion From Unemployed Nigs. By Police Recruitment"-buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "I Won't Tolerate Extortion From Unemployed Nigs. By Police Recruitment"-buhari (841 Views)

Youths Protest Extortion From Anti-Cult In Anambra, Block Highway / #nis2000: Immigration Recruitment: Buhari Didn’t Deserve To Be President —ezekwe / I Won't Tolerate Extortion Of Money From Unemployed Nigerians In Police Recruitm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"I Won't Tolerate Extortion From Unemployed Nigs. By Police Recruitment"-buhari by kachysblog(f): 9:10pm On Aug 20, 2015
Read below a press statement released today by presidential-aide, Femi Adesina

I WON’T TOLERATE EXTORTION OF MONEY FROM UNEMPLOYED NIGERIANS IN POLICE RECRUITMENT – BUHARI WARNS

President Muhammadu Buhari warned Thursday in Abuja that he will not tolerate any irregularities or extortion of money from unemployed Nigerians in the coming recruitment into the police. At a meeting with officials of the Ministry of Police Affairs and the Police Service Commission in the Presidential Villa, President Buhari sad that applicants having to pay bribes before being accepted into the police in the past was totally unacceptable.The President told the officials that those in charge of recruitment and training in the Police must be above board and eschew every form of extortion and underhand dealing…

“You must ensure that the recruitment process is transparent. Those who will conduct the recruitment must be above board. It should not be heard that they receive gratification or extort money from those who want to enlist in the police,” President Buhari cautioned.

The President also directed the Inspector-General of Police to prune down the number of policemen attached to dignitaries, and redeploy all policemenwithdrawn from that role to regular police duties.On the stagnation of policemen on a rank for many years, the President counselled the Police Service Commission to review the current structure of the police, and make recommendationson how the problem can be solved to boost the morale of serving policemen.

The Permanent Secretary of the Ministry of Police Affairs, Dr James Obiegbu had, in his briefing of the President, listed inadequate police personnel, dwindling finances and non-rehabilitation of police training schools as some of the challenges facing the police.

The Chairman of the Police Service Commission, Sir Mike Okiro said that the country needed to have more than the 305,579 policemen and women which it has at present for effective policing. :-XHe thanked President Buhari for approving the recruitment of 10,000 additional policemen and women earlier this week.

Femi Adesina
Special Adviser to the President(Media & Publicity)
August 20, 2015

http://kachysblog.com/2015/08/i-wont-tolerate-extortion-of-money-from-unemployed-nigerians-in-police-recruitment-buhari/

cc> lalastilala, Ishilove
Re: "I Won't Tolerate Extortion From Unemployed Nigs. By Police Recruitment"-buhari by helpinghands(m): 9:12pm On Aug 20, 2015
Cool
Re: "I Won't Tolerate Extortion From Unemployed Nigs. By Police Recruitment"-buhari by yanabasee(m): 9:13pm On Aug 20, 2015
Naija Sha grin
Re: "I Won't Tolerate Extortion From Unemployed Nigs. By Police Recruitment"-buhari by bebene: 9:13pm On Aug 20, 2015
Gradually unveiling his good plans for our dear country, now you dont need long leg or buy the offer with thousands of naira as before. he has warned, those involved should head.

Help me celebrate: like if you are glad to hear this news share if u are not

1 Like

Re: "I Won't Tolerate Extortion From Unemployed Nigs. By Police Recruitment"-buhari by natas22: 9:14pm On Aug 20, 2015
I told you guys that my sai buhari will change this nation for good

It has begun

My sai buhari, may baba God bless you.

1 Like

Re: "I Won't Tolerate Extortion From Unemployed Nigs. By Police Recruitment"-buhari by Topccy007: 9:22pm On Aug 20, 2015
Tell them
Re: "I Won't Tolerate Extortion From Unemployed Nigs. By Police Recruitment"-buhari by Topccy007: 9:34pm On Aug 20, 2015
Tell them PMB
A lot of the recruitment officers are already warming up for extortion exercise instead of recruitment exercise. Spell out their jail terms so they can know what awaits thieves like them.

PMB my mentor
GEJ my role model grin
Re: "I Won't Tolerate Extortion From Unemployed Nigs. By Police Recruitment"-buhari by Nobody: 9:42pm On Aug 20, 2015
Buhari is working, Nigeria is moving!
Re: "I Won't Tolerate Extortion From Unemployed Nigs. By Police Recruitment"-buhari by tracysparkle: 7:56am On Aug 21, 2015
pls does anyone know if this recruitment for 10,000 police has started.thanks
Re: "I Won't Tolerate Extortion From Unemployed Nigs. By Police Recruitment"-buhari by torlar(m): 3:44pm On Aug 21, 2015
I found diz

1 Share

Re: "I Won't Tolerate Extortion From Unemployed Nigs. By Police Recruitment"-buhari by Titusolufemi(m): 6:22pm On Aug 21, 2015
me too am interested.please i need answers
Re: "I Won't Tolerate Extortion From Unemployed Nigs. By Police Recruitment"-buhari by psquaret: 6:36pm On Aug 21, 2015
AND NOW WE HAVE A PRESIDENT

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Sen. Godswill Akpabio Involved In A Car Accident. / Its Not Aisha Buhari's Fault If Your Mum Cant Buy A Wrist Watch / Current State Of Ph-aba Express Way

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.