Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,288 members, 7,807,975 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:51 AM

How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? (43425 Views)

Do You Think It's Right Blaming Judas Iscariot For Jesus Death? / RE: How Is Jesus’ Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by am0sn0nyu: 11:46pm On Aug 20, 2015
I SUPPOSE ANY OF YOU AFRICAN CHRISTIAN CONVERTS SHOULD BE ABLE TO PROVIDE A RATIONAL ANSWER

SOURCE

19 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by Wizzz: 11:48pm On Aug 20, 2015
We'll ask Him when we get there smiley

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by Atlantian: 11:49pm On Aug 20, 2015
It is all lies and control statements. Jesus never resurrected. No one goes into space with this body. Oxygen is not there at high altitude. How can his body survive without oxygen. I doubt the resurrection story 100%.

61 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by BrightEye(m): 12:12am On Aug 21, 2015
The story of Jesus christ is distorted, but apparently something similar to that might occur.

A clear study of laws of creation can enlighten one on what exactly happened that time. Laws of creation never change after all.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by kestolove95(m): 12:58am On Aug 21, 2015
I saw jesus at viewing centr last nyt in nnsuka

17 Likes

Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by am0sn0nyu: 2:16am On Aug 21, 2015
Atlantian:
It is all lies and control statements. Jesus never resurrected. No one goes into space with this body. Oxygen is not there at high altitude. How can his body survive without oxygen. I doubt the resurrection story 100%.
Obviously you haven't encountered hard-boiled Christ defenders of the insane types who will tell you some UFO technology was involved such that those back then wouldn't have understood.

kestolove95:
I saw jesus at viewing centr last nyt in nnsuka
Why didn't you contact someone at the Vatican ? or report to the nearest Catholic center.

Wizzz:
We'll ask Him when we get there smiley
Get where exactly ? And who are the we ?

BrightEye:
The story of Jesus christ is distorted, but apparently something similar to that might occur.
A clear study of laws of creation can enlighten one on what exactly happened that time. Laws of creation never change after all.
If it was distorted, then it means there exist the genuine story, thus why would anyone want to have the original thing distorted, only to render it ridiculous ? To what purpose ? To what end ? I say there was never a Jesus story. Given to some of my private researches. . .I think perhaps whatever the genuine story was, it was Europeanized or might I say semiticized by Europeans.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by johnydon22(m): 7:28am On Aug 21, 2015
Lol you can only imagine. . .

My idea of sacrifice are those soldiers now in borno battling with terror, they have no way of getting up 3 days later, they sacrifice the one chance they are sure they have so that we will be safe..

At least they die and stay dead.....

That is sacrifice

127 Likes 24 Shares

Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by Nobody: 9:32am On Aug 21, 2015
Most People need something to believe in. Something extra ordinary, that's a perfect story for such people...

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by macof(m): 3:15pm On Aug 21, 2015
Jesus is dead and he will always remain dead

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by CaptainJune: 5:21pm On Aug 21, 2015
Before anything, what is the meaning of sacrifice?

4 Likes

Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by kevoh(m): 5:29pm On Aug 21, 2015
CaptainJune:
Before anything, what is the meaning of sacrifice?

A sacrifice is a loss or something you give up, usually for the sake of a better cause.

Source : http://www.vocabulary.com/dictionary/sacrifice

Examples:
1. You (sacrifice) give up one of your two healthy kidneys to save your ailing aunty or friend who needs a kidney transplant. The sacrificed kidney never comes back to you in 3 days, it's gone forever.

2. You sacrifice your time saving/helping accident victims on a Monday morning making you miss an 8a.m presentation to a billionaire client and got sacked by your no nonsense boss for coming late due to that. Time sacrificed will not come back to you in 3 days time! You have lost it forever and your job too!

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by CaptainJune: 5:39pm On Aug 21, 2015
kevoh:

A sacrifice is a loss or something you give up, usually for the sake of a better cause.

Thank you. So, according to that definition, if I lose my sleep in order to burn the midnight oil, does it mean what I did is not a sacrifice even if I get to sleep, say, 15 hours later?

82 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by kevoh(m): 5:54pm On Aug 21, 2015
CaptainJune:

Thank you. So, according to that definition, if I lose my sleep in order to burn the midnight oil, does it mean what I did is not a sacrifice even if I get to sleep, say, 15 hours later?
Answer lies in my modified post, let's no go into unnecessary dabbling about semantics. It's quite obvious and straightforward what '' Sacrifice'' means!

17 Likes

Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by CaptainJune: 6:04pm On Aug 21, 2015
kevoh:

Examples:
1. You (sacrifice) give up one of your two healthy kidneys to save your ailing aunty or friend who needs a kidney transplant. The sacrificed kidney never comes back to you in 3 days, it's gone forever.

2. You sacrifice your time saving/helping accident victims on a Monday morning making you miss an 8a.m presentation to a billionaire client and got sacked by your no nonsense boss for coming late due to that. Time sacrificed will not come back to you in 3 days time! You have lost it forever and your job too!

Lol. True. Other examples you fail to consider:

1. I sacrifice (give up) my bed so that my younger one may sleep in it for three nights. Have I lost my bed forever?

2. I sacrifice (give up) the use of my laptop for the day so that a friend may use it to complete an assignment. Have I lost my laptop forever?

3. I sacrifice (give up) my car so that my brother may use it to go for a job interview in time since his is still under repair. Have I lost my car forever?

What in the definition of sacrifice implies that the use of the word must be associated with permanent loss?

184 Likes 10 Shares

Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by CaptainJune: 6:09pm On Aug 21, 2015
kevoh:

Answer lies in my modified post, let's no go into unnecessary dabbling about semantics. It's quite obvious and straightforward what '' Sacrifice'' means!

What is obvious and straightforward is how you want to perceive the term 'sacrifice'.

The word has no suggestion of the action being permanent or temporary. The keywords of that definition are 'loss' and 'give up', right? Does it say that the loss resulting from the act of sacrifice is permanent?

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by CaptainJune: 6:11pm On Aug 21, 2015
This is basic English Language. The meaning of the word is so plain that any dispute concerning it unnecessary.

5 Likes

Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by kevoh(m): 6:22pm On Aug 21, 2015
CaptainJune:

Lol. True. Other examples you fail to consider:

1. I sacrifice (give up) my bed so that my younger one may sleep in it for three nights. Have I lost my bed forever?

2. I sacrifice (give up) the use of my laptop for the day so that a friend may use it to complete an assignment. Have I lost my laptop forever?

3. I sacrifice (give up) my car so that my brother may use it to go for a job interview in time since his is still under repair. Have I lost my car forever?

What in the definition of sacrifice implies that the use of the word must be associated with permanent loss?
1. That is not a sacrifice. Where is the good cause here? compare your younger one sleeping in your bed and sacrifice of your kidney to save a life? Which is heavier? You lent your brother your sleeping space in your bed and went to sleep on the armchair and you call that sacrifice! It's like lending him the bed for three days AND YOU KNOW YOU WILL NOT LOSE THE BED because he will be gone by then. Emphasis on the loss.

2.Same as Number 1. You have lent something you know you will not lose and get back after some days. That's not a sacrifice. Refer to the definition again.

3. Same as Number 1. Refer to the definition again.

There is no need for much argument here!

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by Nobody: 6:42pm On Aug 21, 2015
CaptainJune:
This is basic English Language. The meaning of the word is so plain that any dispute concerning it unnecessary.
What was he to lose? His life.
What did he gain? His life.
Was he aware death wasn't final? Yes, he was.
What was he? A substitue for the livestock sacrificed under the Old covenant.
Did livestock resurrect, like zombie chickens and cows and pigs? No, they stayed dead.
Jesus didn't stay dead. So what was lost?

27 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by GooseBaba: 7:10pm On Aug 21, 2015
CaptainJune:

What is obvious and straightforward is how you want to perceive the term 'sacrifice'.

The word has no suggestion of the action being permanent or temporary. The keywords of that definition are 'loss' and 'give up', right? Does it say that the loss resulting from the act of sacrifice is permanent?

Captain unnecessary rationality.....

Last I checked death is permanent... He "died"=permanent. He resurrected =WTF..!!

Like the examples given... If I donate my kidney.it's gone permanently, if i get it back in 3 days. That's makes it a mirage because it never happened. Does the recipient still have a new kidney..?

The late jesus christ (pbuh) is probably pissed off right at people Using his name to tell european lies... undecided

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by Osisie(m): 7:56pm On Aug 21, 2015
musKeeto:

Did livestock resurrect, like zombie chickens and cows and pigs? No, they stayed dead.

It's funny how JESUS ALWAYS makes the news.
And that's goodnews to me.

It's like the Law of Attraction...."What you resist, persists".

22 Likes

Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by GooseBaba: 8:59pm On Aug 21, 2015
Osisie:

It's funny how JESUS ALWAYS makes the news.
And that's goodnews to me.

It's like the Law of Attraction...."What you resist, persists".

Lucifer makes the news too. As a matter of fact he is setting the pace. ... That's why your jesus makes the news, because People are asking "where the fuvk is he!!?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by Nobody: 9:12pm On Aug 21, 2015
HOW DO YOU KNOW THERE WAS ANYBODY NAMED JESUS CHRIST?

THERE IS NO REAL EVIDENCE.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by CANTICLES: 9:16pm On Aug 21, 2015
The question is solved , ONCE you realize that Jesus is the high priest of the New Covenant . ( Hebrews 8:1 )

In ancient Isreal , the sacrifice is not completed until the high priest enter into the Most Holy place with the blood of the sacrificed animals .

thats a shadow of what Christ will do .

This Requires That For the sacrifice of Christ to be completed and accepted , he must rise and enter into the heavens on our behalf . Hey ! Dont forget he is the high priest of this new covenant .

" However when Christ came as a high priest .. He entered into the holy place , not with the blood of goats and of young bulls, but with his own blood, once for all time, and obtained an everlasting deliverance for us"
- Heb 9:11,12, 24 .

74 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by CANTICLES: 9:16pm On Aug 21, 2015
The question is solved , ONCE you realize that Jesus is the high priest of the New Covenant . ( Hebrews 8:1 )

In ancient Isreal , the sacrifice is not completed until the high priest enter into the Most Holy place with the blood of the sacrificed animals .

thats a shadow of what Christ will do .

This Requires That For the sacrifice of Christ to be completed and accepted , he must rise from the dead and enter into the heavens on our behalf . Hey ! Dont forget he is the high priest of this new covenant .

" However when Christ came as a high priest .. He entered into the holy place , not with the blood of goats and of young bulls, but with his own blood, once for all time, and obtained an everlasting deliverance for us"
- Heb 9:11,12, 24 .

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by CaptainJune: 9:19pm On Aug 21, 2015
kevoh:

1. That is not a sacrifice. Where is the good cause here? compare your younger one sleeping in your bed and sacrifice of your kidney to save a life? Which is heavier? You lent your brother your sleeping space in your bed and went to sleep on the armchair and you call that sacrifice! It's like lending him the bed for three days AND YOU KNOW YOU WILL NOT LOSE THE BED because he will be gone by then. Emphasis on the loss.

In other words, my 'giving up' the use of my bed for three days does not count as sacrifice because it does not entail permanent loss? Therefore, any act of giving up something which does not constitute permanent loss is lending, not sacrifice. Interesting.

2.Same as Number 1. You have lent something you know you will not lose and get back after some days. That's not a sacrifice. Refer to the definition again.

Lol. Going by your 'definition' of sacrifice as an act that is "heavy" and constitutes permanent loss, I'll say my act of giving up the use of my laptop for the day so that another may use it for his benefit is not a sacrifice.

3. Same as Number 1. Refer to the definition again.

There is no need for much argument here!

I get you. A temporary loss of something is lending while a permanent loss of something is sacrifice. Lolz. May I remind you that you defined sacrifice as:

On that note, I rest my case.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by CaptainJune: 9:34pm On Aug 21, 2015
musKeeto:

This is the focus of sacrifice is the present act in connection with the object lost or given up, not the events that transpired after the act. I give up the use of my chair I'm sitting on so that another can find comfort in sitting on it, according to Kevoh's definition of what constitutes sacrifice, I'm lending the chair if I will still use the chair for my satisfaction, so then my action does not constitute sacrifice if my chair is not permanently lost or given up.

You are also trailing along that line of thought. If that is the case, I have no argument with you guys concerning the meaning of sacrifice. You have already defined it to suit yourselves. By all means, carry on.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by CaptainJune: 9:40pm On Aug 21, 2015
GooseBaba:

Captain unnecessary rationality.....

Last I checked death is permanent... He "died"=permanent. He resurrected =WTF..!!

Like the examples given... If I donate my kidney.it's gone permanently, if i get it back in 3 days. That's makes it a mirage because it never happened. Does the recipient still have a new kidney..?

The late jesus christ (pbuh) is probably pissed off right at people Using his name to tell european lies... undecided

Death is permanent but since it is impossible for death to hold Him, and He rose on the third day, does that nullify the act of giving up His life for the good of mankind? Does the past act become null and void according to the meaning of sacrifice?

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by Jamesrock(m): 10:36pm On Aug 21, 2015
Atlantian:
I MAY NOT BE ALIVE THEN , BUT I SO BELIEVE HE DIED AND RESSURECTED ON THE THIRD DAY COS DEAD MEN DON'T ANSWER MY PRAYERS

54 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by Atlantian: 10:41pm On Aug 21, 2015
Jamesrock:
I MAY NOT BE ALIVE THEN , BUT I SO BELIEVE HE DIED AND RESSURECTED ON THE THIRD DAY COS DEAD MEN DON'T ANSWER MY PRAYERS
Faith is not religious. Faith wrought miracles and our prayers are answered by the consciousness. There is miracle in every religion, it has nothing to do with Jesus. Jesus is just one of the many anchors of faith.

9 Likes

Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by Nobody: 1:25am On Aug 22, 2015
Jamesrock:
Epic.

8 Likes

Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by Nobody: 1:32am On Aug 22, 2015
CaptainJune:

This is the focus of sacrifice is the present act in connection with the object lost or given up, not the events that transpired after the act. I give up the use of my chair I'm sitting on so that another can find comfort in sitting on it, according to Kevoh's definition of what constitutes sacrifice, I'm lending the chair if I will still use the chair for my satisfaction, so then my action does not constitute sacrifice if my chair is not permanently lost or given up.

You are also trailing along that line of thought. If that is the case, I have no argument with you guys concerning the meaning of sacrifice. You have already defined it to suit yourselves. By all means, carry on.
In what context for does Death mean temporary sacrifice? Jeez...
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by GooseBaba: 3:13am On Aug 22, 2015
CaptainJune:

Death is permanent but since it is impossible for death to hold Him, and He rose on the third day, does that nullify the act of giving up His life for the good of mankind? Does the past act become null and void according to the meaning of sacrifice?

"death which is permanent is not able to hold him "..Bros you read wetin you write so.?

If death is impossible to hold him, then that makes his sacrifice null and void. If you know before hand that your love one would die in front of you and ressurect in 3 days would you cry? If yes? Cry for what? the guy just make him mama cry anyhow for nothing..

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

The Most Powerful Spiritualist/herbalist In Nigeria.....+234867395768 / Why Do Christians Ignore These Rules In The Bible? / Letter To Daddy Freeze — From A 16-Year-Old Boy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.