Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,266 members, 7,807,910 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:21 PM

What About Love In The Quran? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What About Love In The Quran? (5907 Views)

Lady Who Started 2017 As A Promiscuous Girl Finds Love In Jesus / 28 Bible Verses About Love For One Another / 22 Bible Verses About Love Of God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What About Love In The Quran? by malvisguy212: 7:41am On Mar 11, 2016
truthman2012:

True talk.
good morning to you.
Mty4real:
So, you think enemy were not appointed for jesus too,if that is the case he will not have engaged in whether he was actually crucified or not, or if at all you are leaving in reality, have you ever seen a successful person without having enemy either less or high, either weak or strong enemy, just think about this, our prayer should be to triumph over enemies set down by God, so I don't think we are in this world to play, even the obvious example like football play is not a play especially when your opponent were circumventing all your effort to score, were they not enemies in football play, if there is no enemy on the field, why do we need referees, linesman and all that...
truthman2012:

True talk.
good morning to you.
Re: What About Love In The Quran? by malvisguy212: 9:13am On Apr 30, 2016
malvisguy212:
In the middle of the confusion of the war on terrorism is the question of the nature of the religion of Islam. Some say that it is a peaceful religion at its heart, that only the fringe extremists are bent on war.

One side claims that "jihad" means a
personal struggle against evil in one's
behavior. Others claim that it means
conquest of the part of the world that is
not Muslim, by whatever means
necessary, including acts of terror.

Both sides refer to specific passages in
the Koran for support. For the soul winner, these are not the important issues. Bible believers are asking, "How can we reach Muslims with the gospel which will solve their struggle against evil?"

One way involves God's love.The biblical concept of God loving the sinner, is
FOREIGN TO MUSLIM THINKING. To them, Allah is "compassionate" and "merciful," BUT only to those who obey him.

Their relationship to Allah is not as father and son but more as MASTER AND SLAVE. Allah is not pictured in the quran as a loving Creator, longing for an intimate relationship with man.

Biblical concepts found in John 3:16, 1
John 4:6-10 ("God is love"wink and in the
Lord's prayer where we address God as
"Our Father" are nowhere found in
Muslim thinking. Muslims memorize the
"99 beautiful names of Allah,"BUT "love"
or "loving" is no where in that list.

"The love of God is the chief attribute of the biblical God as revealed in such places as John 3:16.God has feelings for his creatures, especially man"

But when we turn to the Quran, we do
not find love presented as the chief
attribute of Allah. Instead, the
transcendence of Allah is his chief
attribute.

"Neither does Allah 'have feelings'
toward man. That concept is foreign to
Islamic teaching. That would reduce
Allah to being a mere man -which again
is blasphemous to a Muslim."

"The greatest difference between the two faiths is the personal quality of God," writes Emir and Ergun Caner in Unveiling Islam. "ONE MUST LOVE Allah IN ORDER FOR Allah TO LOVE THAT PERSON IN RETURN .In Christianity, God loved people first in order to secure their salvation"

The story that Jesus told of the prodigal
son illustrates a side of God that is
foreign to the followers of Allah. The
Quran states flatly that "Allah loves NOT those who reject Faith"(surah 3:32).
"The Muslim can be totally sure that
Allah will never restore a believer who
has rejected the faith of Islam," we must show the Muslim that Allah offers "no love, no sure forgiveness of sins and only empty dreams of a false paradise."

Only Jesus, the God of the Bible, loved us while were yet sinners,offering sure forgiveness, and eternal life with a loving heavenly Father.
Re: What About Love In The Quran? by Ayomivic(m): 10:43am On Apr 30, 2016
bashbabe2:

Stop bloody wasting your time with islam and Muslims . When you have successfully prevented your fellow christians from leaving and becoming athiest then come and preach to us.These are people that need to be preached to. They are not convinced and more confused about Christianity and You are opening irrelevant islamic thread to people who by Allah's will are on the right path. You are such a deluded and jobless somebody
There are many attributes of Allah that are better than the word love. And there is a name of Allah that means love. T
AL-WADÛD The Loving One

It shows you are a liar and an attention seeker. stop embarrassing yourself on a public forum

that all you can say,Al-WADUD is only love you can found in Quron. No verses in Quron where AL-WADUD ( THE LOVING ONE) instructs his children, sorry, slaves to love others. Pls, Muslims don't disapoint yourselves. I thought love should be the center message of Quran if its from God becaous God is loving one as you said. Or are you saying hatred full Quron. 'Kill unbeliever' if that is the case Allah is evil.

Come on you have knowlege of Quran. I trust you. Oya Muslims give us ten verses of love in Quran.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What About Love In The Quran? by Ayomivic(m): 12:56pm On Apr 30, 2016
Demmzy15:

So according to you, the biblical god is love?! grin

O ya, Christians give this man ten verses of love in Bible. Permit me to start first

i am taking this from book of Deuteronomy 10:19

1." Love ye therefore the stranger: for ye were stranger in the land of Egypt

another one from book of John 3-16

2. " for God so love the world that he gave his only beggoten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life"

Proudmuslim,Demmyz and co. The verse above is where you salvation lie.

3. Ok this one is coming from master himself(Jesus). Am taking it from book of Mathew 5:43-48

Ye have heard that it hath been said, thou shall love the neighour and hate thine enemy but i say unto you love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you and persecute you.
That you may be the children of your father which is in heaven for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.
For if you love them which love you,what reward have ye? Do not the publicans the same? And if you salute your brothren only, what do you more than other? Do not the publicans so? Be ye therefore perfect, even as your father in heaven perfect"

Demmyz,proudmuslim and co. Any leason learn from above verse ?

Love is the centre message of Bible check this verse . I am taking it from the book of Mark 12;30-31

Jesus was asked by scribe the first of all the commandment and Jesus reply him

4." the first of all the commandment is, Hear , O Israel .The Lord our God is one Lord.
And thou shall love the lord the God with all the heart, and with all the soul and with all the mind and with all the strenght; this is the first commandment
and the SECOND is like, namely this, Thou shall love thy neighour as youself. There is no other commandment greater than these"

Demmyz, Proudmuslim and co. Do you now see Christianity is religon of love.

Muslims should not hesitate to tell us if there is or are any love verse in Quron or hadith.

My Christian brothers in th house, you are free to add the remaning Six love verses from Bible.

1 Like

Re: What About Love In The Quran? by Sampalo: 8:30am On May 05, 2016
God of Love in the Bible? Let's play

Hosea 13:16 (King James) Samaria will bear her guilt because she has rebelled against her God. 
They will fall by the sword; their little ones will be dashed to pieces,  and their pregnant women ripped open. 

1 Samuel 15:2-4 
2 Thus saith the LORD of hosts, I remember that which Amalek did to Israel, how he laid wait for him in the way, when he came up from Egypt. 
3 Now go and smite Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and spare them not; but slay both man and woman, infant and suckling, ox and sheep, camel and ass.
Re: What About Love In The Quran? by udatso: 1:06pm On May 05, 2016
Very funny guys. .......God is love grin
God = Love
Then it's okay to say
For LOVE so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
Re: What About Love In The Quran? by udatso: 1:11pm On May 05, 2016
malvisguy212:
any muslims care to provide a verse of unconditional love in the quran ?
From love in the Quran to
Is the love conditional
Continue to deceive yourself. Haven't you noticed how you are mostly ignored? You keep adjusting the goal post so that your shot woukd go through.. ....keep it up. Probably after the conditional love is answered you Wi again ask if this love is a real or fake one. Continue in your ignorance

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What About Love In The Quran? by malvisguy212: 7:42am On May 15, 2016
malvisguy212:
In the middle of the confusion of the war on terrorism is the question of the nature of the religion of Islam. Some say that it is a peaceful religion at its heart, that only the fringe extremists are bent on war.

the Koran for support. For the soul winner, these are not the important issues. Bible believers are asking, "How can we reach Muslims with the gospel which will solve their struggle against evil?"

FOREIGN TO MUSLIM THINKING. To them, Allah is "compassionate" and "merciful," BUT only to those who obey him.

Their relationship to Allah is not as father and son but more as MASTER AND SLAVE. Allah is not pictured in the quran as a loving Creator, longing for an intimate relationship with man.

"The love of God is the chief attribute of the biblical God as revealed in such places as John 3:16.God has feelings for his creatures, especially man"

attribute.

"The greatest difference between the two faiths is the personal quality of God," writes Emir and Ergun Caner in Unveiling Islam. "ONE MUST LOVE Allah IN ORDER FOR Allah TO LOVE THAT PERSON IN RETURN .In Christianity, God loved people first in order to secure their salvation"

has rejected the faith of Islam," we must show the Muslim that Allah offers "no love, no sure forgiveness of sins and only empty dreams of a false paradise."

Only Jesus, the God of the Bible, loved us while were yet sinners,offering sure forgiveness, and eternal life with a loving heavenly Father.
A
Re: What About Love In The Quran? by udatso: 5:31am On Jun 08, 2016
malvisguy212:
if you read the op , you wouldn't have ask this question. It looks like muslims are double stander in their argument, rilwayn say the quran correct the bible and now you are saying no, don't compear the two books. The brother did not provide a single verse that talk about unconditional love for sinners and saint's.
There's no love for sinners on judgement day as a result of their actions. So it's stupid to ask for proof for love for sinners. Allah loves all humans which is why everyone is blessed, sometimes the sinners are more blessed. If Allah hated them, it wouldn't be so.
Re: What About Love In The Quran? by malvisguy212: 8:27am On Jun 08, 2016
udatso:

There's no love for sinners on judgement day as a result of their actions. So it's stupid to ask for proof for love for sinners. Allah loves all humans which is why everyone is blessed, sometimes the sinners are more blessed. If Allah hated them, it wouldn't be so.
who is talking about judgment day here ? The quran say allah does not love the unbelievers.
Re: What About Love In The Quran? by udatso: 10:33am On Jun 08, 2016
malvisguy212:
who is talking about judgment day here ? The quran say allah does not love the unbelievers.
Which is why I have been trying to tell you that the bible God doesn't love the unbelievers the wicked, sinners... .etc
Yes. It's true God loves us all but for the transgressors, there isn't love for them.
Let's consider these verses
Psalm 5:4-6

4 You are not a God who takes pleasure in evil;
with you the wicked cannot dwell.

5 The arrogant cannot stand in your presence;
you hate all who do wrong.

6 You destroy those who tell lies;
bloodthirsty and deceitful men
the LORD abhors.

Psalm 11:5

5 The LORD examines the righteous,
but the wicked and those who love violence
his soul hates.

Van you still look at these verses and still tell me God loves all?
Re: What About Love In The Quran? by malvisguy212: 10:51am On Jun 08, 2016
udatso:

Which is why I have been trying to tell you that the bible God doesn't love the unbelievers the wicked, sinners... .etc
Yes. It's true God loves us all but for the transgressors, there isn't love for them.
Let's consider these verses
Psalm 5:4-6

4 You are not a God who takes pleasure in evil;
with you the wicked cannot dwell.

5 The arrogant cannot stand in your presence;
you hate all who do wrong.

6 You destroy those who tell lies;
bloodthirsty and deceitful men
the LORD abhors.

Psalm 11:5

5 The LORD examines the righteous,
but the wicked and those who love violence
his soul hates.

Van you still look at these verses and still tell me God loves all?
because you are a canal man, you don't understand the scripture. Do you think God love violence ? God hate it, if we are to be judge through the law, NON is worthy to be save. But because God Love is unconditional, that is why He provide a way which man can be save. If God does not love the unbelievers, then how can a sinner be save ? Bible say "He first Love us while we were YET sinner, christ die for us"
Re: What About Love In The Quran? by udatso: 11:30am On Jun 08, 2016
malvisguy212:
because you are a canal man, you don't understand the scripture. Do you think God love violence ? God hate it, if we are to be judge through the law, NON is worthy to be save. But because God Love is unconditional, that is why He provide a way which man can be save. If God does not love the unbelievers, then how can a sinner be save ? Bible say "He first Love us while we were YET sinner, christ die for us"
Who are these people that won't be part of God's love
Romans 8:38-39

38For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons,[a] neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Re: What About Love In The Quran? by malvisguy212: 11:35am On Jun 08, 2016
udatso:

Who are these people that won't be part of God's love
Romans 8:38-39

38For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons,[a] neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
do you know what the verse is saying ? I doubt that. Suffering cannot separate me from the love of God, not even death. Pain and suffering did not separate job from God. That's what the verse is saying.
Re: What About Love In The Quran? by udatso: 1:07pm On Jun 08, 2016
malvisguy212:
do you know what the verse is saying ? I doubt that. Suffering cannot separate me from the love of God, not even death. Pain and suffering did not separate job from God. That's what the verse is saying.
The thing is no Matter the amount of biblical verse I give you, you would either tell Mr I don't understand it or perhaps I lack Holy Spirit to understand the word of God. You immediately jumped to explain the above verse cos you "knew" what it was talking about . Why don't you also tell Us the understanDing of the psalm verses I gave.

While you are at it, include this
Deuteronomy 7:12-13
If you pay attention to these laws and are careful to follow them, then the LORD your God will keep his covenant of love with you, as he swore to your forefathers. He will love you and bless you and increase your numbers. He will bless the fruit of your womb, the crops of your land-your grain, new wine and oil-the calves of your herds and the lambs of your flocks in the land that he swore to your forefathers to give you.

You can as well tell me the bold isn't condition.
Re: What About Love In The Quran? by Presbulg(m): 8:54pm On Jun 08, 2016
malvisguy212:
Lukay99 did not say anything, All the verses he provide are only talking about unconditional love. Love for only the believers and for Allah.

Allah is said to love those who do good deeds(2:195),those who are pure(2:222), those who are righteous (9:7),and those who fight in his cause (61:4), the Qur’an is equally clear that Allah has no love for transgressors (2:190), ungrateful sinners (2:276), the unjust (3:57), or the proud (4:36). Even more significantly,the Qur’an states that Allah does not love non-Muslims:

Qur’an 3:31-32—Say [O Muhammad]: If you love Allah,then follow me, Allah will love you and forgive you your faults,and Allah is Forgiving, Merciful. Say: Obey Allah and the Apostle; but if they turn
back, then surely Allah DOES NOT LOVE THE UNBELIEVERS .

Verses like this are no where to be found in the quran:

Proverbs 25:21
If your enemy is hungry, give him food to eat; if he is thirsty, give him water to
drink.
Luke 6:27
"But to you who are listening I say: Love
your enemies, do good to those who hate you,
Luke 6:28
bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you.

Don't let me believe you're this foolish
Re: What About Love In The Quran? by alfarouq(m): 10:49pm On Jun 08, 2016
No matter, how one looks at it he will realise that this xtian apologists are confused. When they bring an argument and is refuted they accuse you of taqiyya and when you present them with an argument they claim, you don't posses the holy spirit. Islam is the only religion that will be accepted by the creator. Islam is based on reality and justice and not on delusions like some faith. How can you tell me God has unconditional love for all only to tell me I will be sent to hell if I did not accept Jesus as my lord and savior. Its does not add up

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What About Love In The Quran? by alfarouq(m): 11:01pm On Jun 08, 2016
Islam is a belief based on equity and justice and not on equality. The truth their is no equality in life and anybody that believes in equality is deludes, because of justice of Allah and Islam, any soul that dies before reaching maturity albeit it believes in Allah or not will be rewarded with paradise, the discussion on maturity is for later but the most common age for maturity is15 Years, and what ever man does before then will not be held against him and he will be rewarded with Paradise even if his father is the pharaoh and he participated in all the atrocities of his father. Now tell me what compassion and Justice is more than that.
Lastly, can any xtian tell me what will happen to children born and bred as animist or atheist and may be died before attaining puberty and do not accept Jesus as their lord and savior, let's see how compassionate the xtian faith is
Re: What About Love In The Quran? by alfarouq(m): 12:05am On Jun 09, 2016
Islam is a belief based on equity and justice and not on equality. The truth their is no equality in life and anybody that believes in equality is deludes, because of justice of Allah and Islam, any soul that dies before reaching maturity albeit it believes in Allah or not will be rewarded with paradise, the discussion on maturity is for later but the most common age for maturity is15 Years, and what ever man does before then will not be held against him and he will be rewarded with Paradise even if his father is the pharaoh and he participated in all the atrocities of his father. Now tell me what compassion and Justice is more than that.
Lastly, can any christian tell me what will happen to children born and bred as animist or atheist and may be died before attaining puberty and do not accept Jesus as their lord and savior, let's see how compassionate the xtian faith is
Re: What About Love In The Quran? by malvisguy212: 6:48am On Jun 28, 2016
malvisguy212:
Is there love in the quran ?
Re: What About Love In The Quran? by malvisguy212: 7:37am On Jul 17, 2016
malvisguy212:
Is there love in the quran ?
A
Re: What About Love In The Quran? by Scholar8200(m): 1:17pm On Oct 05, 2016
A quick one! I was just wondering if there is any passage in the Quran where muslims are commanded to love Allah.

I noticed this command comes up in the Law under the OT and Jesus even called it the Greatest of the Law.

1 Like

Re: What About Love In The Quran? by malvisguy212: 9:44am On Sep 16, 2017
malvisguy212:

attribute.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Did God Not Pierce Holes On Our Ears? / Odumeje Is My Guy, He Is Not My Pastor-Micheal Zubby / It's Palm Sunday - Blessed Is He Who Comes In The Name Of The Lord

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.