Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,846 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:01 AM

Elumelu’s Afriland Properties Responds To Termination Of Falomo Shopping Centre - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Elumelu’s Afriland Properties Responds To Termination Of Falomo Shopping Centre (22437 Views)

Democracy Coalition Reacts To NPA Contract Termination Of Atiku's Intels / Lagos State Transforming Falomo Under Bridge (Photos) / Ambode Terminates Falomo Shopping Centre Contract (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Elumelu’s Afriland Properties Responds To Termination Of Falomo Shopping Centre by Reflex123(m): 8:43am On Aug 21, 2015
Point of correction, Elumelu is from Delta state.

OPCNAIRALAND:
Why cant Elumelu go and develop East?
With an investment of such huge amount it makes sense.that Biafra will never actualize, because money bags like.Elumelu will frustrate it in favor of their investment outside their fatherland.
Re: Elumelu’s Afriland Properties Responds To Termination Of Falomo Shopping Centre by 989900: 8:44am On Aug 21, 2015
They will resolve it among themselves.

Tony knows what to do.
Re: Elumelu’s Afriland Properties Responds To Termination Of Falomo Shopping Centre by 400billionman: 8:45am On Aug 21, 2015
fr3do:

If the yeye past governments gave the Southeast seaport and airports, you think this will be happening?

My dear.

When we are not being helped, the South East governors should learn to help themselves.

With the kind of Allocation Awka Ibom gets they can singlehandedly build a Seaport and International Airport that will serve the South East. UYO is just 1 hour from ABA and Umuahia. .

I miss people like Donald Duke. Only few men dream big..

5 Likes

Re: Elumelu’s Afriland Properties Responds To Termination Of Falomo Shopping Centre by 400billionman: 8:48am On Aug 21, 2015
azzima:
Great move by the Lagos State Government. Let him go and buy another property in Enugu......before they start bragging that they developed lagos. It should be Given to a Bona-fide Yoruba Lagosian developer. END of story!

Pauper mentality...

Village mindset midget living under a brown roofed thatched house.. I don't blame you..

1 Like

Re: Elumelu’s Afriland Properties Responds To Termination Of Falomo Shopping Centre by Nobody: 8:48am On Aug 21, 2015
aresa:
I don't even see the sense and wisdom in openly reversing your predecessor's policies, contracts and rubbishing his image and integrity especially since every negativity you dig up and thrown at him soils you yourself and the same political party you share..

Lagosians love BRF and they know quiet well that he delivered and I see them questioning Ambode's moves very very soon.

This is very very Unlagosian...
to say the truth, I never liked ambode neither did I like agbaje, I just vouched for him cos I want a continuity of fashola's long stride.

Is this the continuity ambode promised? I pity him.

2 Likes

Re: Elumelu’s Afriland Properties Responds To Termination Of Falomo Shopping Centre by Guk: 8:56am On Aug 21, 2015
You dont even want to imagine how much LASG made from Expression of Interest. Just multiply =N=50M times the number of companies that bid for it. We dont see Ambode giving credit to past govt for generating that much for LASG o! He should tread cautiously as those who live in glass houses shouldnt throw stones o!!! He should know that his own "alledged" employment termination documentation is in someone's hands for blackmail in future o!

3 Likes

Re: Elumelu’s Afriland Properties Responds To Termination Of Falomo Shopping Centre by alexlee50: 9:07am On Aug 21, 2015
teamchocolate:
The land is everything in this equation, If elumelu doesn't think so, he shud go to enugu and go and do his project there...

Are u an ethnic chauvenist? Anyway most developed cities you see today where not built by indegenes of those but strangers who came to such places and invested in those places. The way nigeria is structured, Lagos is the commercial capital of nigeria, the sea ports are these, the airports are there, companies coming to nigeria must come to Lagos first.we as nigerians have accepted it and have come to develop lagos state with these investment pouring into ogun and oyo state.now if the federal government dredges the water at the warri port, completes the one at onitsha and makes goods bound for the east that such ships should go to the east then those going to the south south should go to warri.what do u think would happen to tin can and apapa port? What if oil companies were asked to relocate their headoffices back to the regions were they operate, what do u think would happen to properties of chevron, mobil and others in v.I and lekki? U think people are investing in lagos because it is yoruba land?let us all like elemelu has done accept lagos as the commercial capital of nigeria and let us develop it.elumelu sees himself as lagosian than any other place first and foremost.stop spreading hate and disharmony. For your information, elemule is kwale not ibo from delta state.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Elumelu’s Afriland Properties Responds To Termination Of Falomo Shopping Centre by shegerun: 9:12am On Aug 21, 2015
This Ambode of a governor is beginning to loose my respect. Is this how he's going to govern Lagos state for the next four years? He better settle down to the business of governance instead of digging for everything he perceived his predecessor did wrong.

1 Like

Re: Elumelu’s Afriland Properties Responds To Termination Of Falomo Shopping Centre by Kimoni: 9:17am On Aug 21, 2015
philfrey08:
What do i write in this space i booked ooo? undecided

LADY F has it!!! grin

Biko who is Lady F? I keep seeing her name everywhere
Re: Elumelu’s Afriland Properties Responds To Termination Of Falomo Shopping Centre by mapet: 9:19am On Aug 21, 2015
My brother, you mirrored my mind

1. I have learnt to rationalise every news I hear from the Nigerian space and ask a basic question "Does it make sense?" . It is when I'm convinced of the rationality that I give it some credence. That news did not just make sense to me yesterday. 50million can hardly complete a decent duplex in some Ikeja, Magodo or Ogudu GRA, so you will wonder why would Fashola be so stupid to have appended his signature on such a deal.

2. Deals like these are always subjective. You can hardly put your finger on what is fair. You will only console yourselves that it was better than the former state. That is why it is important to continue to build the whole value of Lagos State as a whole, Who knows if in 5years time a deal half this magnitude could be signed off at 10x the amount.

3. Ambode may be playing a classic strategy. Stall, call it unfair and threaten to pull out. After all said and done, you all return to the negotiation table and Lagos state gets a little more. Classic negotiation style of the Arab kings with the American Oil Companies since the Rockefeller and co made inroads into the Arab world......

4. The media angle is suspicious. Did the leak come officially from Lagos State government? Was Afrilad Properties notified? or Is someone just trying to embarrass both parties?

Mynd44:

While we all agree that Fashola did extraordinarily, it cant be said that he got everything right. Yes there will be room for errors and some mistakes. Take the boath hotel thingy which was shoved off as "bad business" in the end.

The Falomo mall was a deal between LASG and Afriland. It was a way to encourage Afriland to invest in the contract hence giving then cheap land. Sometimes these lands are given free to companies willing to invest. If the government that thinks that they were short changed they have a right to cancel but you should also know that the contract cannot be really cancelled.

The most that can happen is to renegotiate the deal which will see Afriland pay some more money to the LASG and work goes on. Of course this cannot be done privately, not in this era where you have a secret meeting and the world knows what was discusses before you even leave the venue.

This is not a way to rubbish anyone but a way to make sure the state optimizes potentials and finances.

6 Likes

Re: Elumelu’s Afriland Properties Responds To Termination Of Falomo Shopping Centre by nenergy(m): 9:50am On Aug 21, 2015
GudluckIBB:
Even if its build operate and transfer,50m Is too small for a 50 year lease.
Its for expression of interest na!
Re: Elumelu’s Afriland Properties Responds To Termination Of Falomo Shopping Centre by Malawian(m): 9:57am On Aug 21, 2015
pomporiking:
Its pretty clear ambo wanted a piece of the pie but was rejected hence the termination
isnt there some legal clauses that would make the lagos government part with a princely sum should they revoke the deal? who negotiates these contracts sef?

2 Likes

Re: Elumelu’s Afriland Properties Responds To Termination Of Falomo Shopping Centre by Myself2(m): 10:02am On Aug 21, 2015
aresa:
I don't even see the sense and wisdom in openly reversing your predecessor's policies, contracts and rubbishing his image and integrity especially since every negativity you dig up and thrown at him soils you yourself and the same political party you share..

Lagosians love BRF and they know quiet well that he delivered and I see them questioning Ambode's moves very very soon.

This is very very Unlagosian...

APC,,,,,,CHANGE grin grin grin grin

Evil brood of vipers

1 Like

Re: Elumelu’s Afriland Properties Responds To Termination Of Falomo Shopping Centre by Nigerd(m): 10:07am On Aug 21, 2015
GudluckIBB:

The statement are not coloured in French rather written in English...

Expression of interest 50M
Cost of Project 30B
Lagos Govt to “receive a 35% interest in the SPV for its land contribution and through this significant Equity Holding, will continue to receive significant ongoing value.”

Open ur eyes oooo...

1 Like

Re: Elumelu’s Afriland Properties Responds To Termination Of Falomo Shopping Centre by free13: 10:18am On Aug 21, 2015
Hmm...
Re: Elumelu’s Afriland Properties Responds To Termination Of Falomo Shopping Centre by dokiOloye(m): 10:29am On Aug 21, 2015
OPCNAIRALAND:
With an investment of such huge amount it makes sense.that Biafra will never actualize, because money bags like.Elumelu will frustrate it in favor of their investment outside their fatherland.
Is Elumelu from d south east,block head?
Re: Elumelu’s Afriland Properties Responds To Termination Of Falomo Shopping Centre by Nobody: 10:54am On Aug 21, 2015
GudluckIBB:

There is no harm in reading and understating. Try it.

1 Like

Re: Elumelu’s Afriland Properties Responds To Termination Of Falomo Shopping Centre by BabaO2: 12:05pm On Aug 21, 2015
OPCNAIRALAND:
Is Elumelu from the East? Elumelu is only sitting on top of that conglomerates, not the strict owner per se, he is OBJ boy that took over the implicating transcorp shares from OBJ library
Re: Elumelu’s Afriland Properties Responds To Termination Of Falomo Shopping Centre by Atk1nson(m): 12:09pm On Aug 21, 2015
GudluckIBB:

That's the modus operandi for a lot of d big politicans in Lagos. They create SPVs with genuine stakeholders and use undue influence to underprice contracts. At the end of the day, they may not pop up on EFCC's radar because they did not steal.
Re: Elumelu’s Afriland Properties Responds To Termination Of Falomo Shopping Centre by Atk1nson(m): 12:12pm On Aug 21, 2015
Mynd44:

While we all agree that Fashola did extraordinarily, it cant be said that he got everything right. Yes there will be room for errors and some mistakes. Take the boath hotel thingy which was shoved off as "bad business" in the end.

The Falomo mall was a deal between LASG and Afriland. It was a way to encourage Afriland to invest in the contract hence giving then cheap land. Sometimes these lands are given free to companies willing to invest. If the government that thinks that they were short changed they have a right to cancel but you should also know that the contract cannot be really cancelled.

The most that can happen is to renegotiate the deal which will see Afriland pay some more money to the LASG and work goes on. Of course this cannot be done privately, not in this era where you have a secret meeting and the world knows what was discusses before you even leave the venue.

This is not a way to rubbish anyone but a way to make sure the state optimizes potentials and finances.

spot on, I'm really disappointed with BRF for the website thing and this deal

1 Like

Re: Elumelu’s Afriland Properties Responds To Termination Of Falomo Shopping Centre by teamchocolate: 12:40pm On Aug 21, 2015
U don't seem to get the point... u said Lagos State is putting up nothing other than the Land.. that land is everything.. if Tony doesn't like the terms of the contract, he is free to move to Asaba.. simples.. and u lie abt the ports.. SE is landlocked... Go to geography class, u won't.. Lagos borders on the Atlantic.. want to know wut sea borders the SE that will warrant a sea port ( not south south o). .. and don't tell me onitsha... Go and look at the geography properly and comeback here to tell me wut sea port FG should build and what purpose it will serve.. thx...

alexlee50:
Are u an ethnic chauvenist? Anyway most developed cities you see today where not built by indegenes of those but strangers who came to such places and invested in those places. The way nigeria is structured, Lagos is the commercial capital of nigeria, the sea ports are these, the airports are there, companies coming to nigeria must come to Lagos first.we as nigerians have accepted it and have come to develop lagos state with these investment pouring into ogun and oyo state.now if the federal government dredges the water at the warri port, completes the one at onitsha and makes goods bound for the east that such ships should go to the east then those going to the south south should go to warri.what do u think would happen to tin can and apapa port? What if oil companies were asked to relocate their headoffices back to the regions were they operate, what do u think would happen to properties of chevron, mobil and others in v.I and lekki? U think people are investing in lagos because it is yoruba land?let us all like elemelu has done accept lagos as the commercial capital of nigeria and let us develop it.elumelu sees himself as lagosian than any other place first and foremost.stop spreading hate and disharmony. For your information, elemule is kwale not ibo from delta state.

1 Like

Re: Elumelu’s Afriland Properties Responds To Termination Of Falomo Shopping Centre by kunle75(m): 12:55pm On Aug 21, 2015
GudluckIBB:

Sir please read very well,its not for lease payment
Re: Elumelu’s Afriland Properties Responds To Termination Of Falomo Shopping Centre by alexlee50: 12:56pm On Aug 21, 2015
teamchocolate:
U don't seem to get the point... u said Lagos State is putting up nothing other than the Land.. that land is everything.. if Tony doesn't like the terms of the contract, he is free to move to Asaba.. simples.. and u lie abt the ports.. SE is landlocked... Go to geography class, u won't.. Lagos borders on the Atlantic.. want to know wut sea borders the SE that will warrant a sea port.. and don't tell me onitsha... Go and look at the geography properly and comeback here to tell me wut sea port FG should build and what purpose it will serve.. thx...

I would overlook your rudeness and talk issues.read the story again, it is ambode who is not satisfied with the deal that is canceling the deal.And this is not because the deal is a bad deal but because his god father tinubu wants the deal and wants to discredit fashola.its just politics.eventually elumelu may still carry on with the project, most likely after under the table settlement of tinubu and ambode.u think they cancelled the project because there was fraud? Or they mean well for Lagos state? U don't know anything then.this is for their own settlement. Watch and see how it sorts itself out.if eventually elumelu doesn't even carry out the project, watch and see the company that finally does the project. On the ports, there is a deliberate policy by the federal goverment to use only tin can and apapa ports.if warri ports and other ports in the niger delta are dredged to accomodate very big vessels, trust lagos would become history. If the oil companies are compelled to move to their areas of operation, this your mouth would shut up.but like I said earlier, lagos is our commercial capital let's leave it that way.
Re: Elumelu’s Afriland Properties Responds To Termination Of Falomo Shopping Centre by mickey45: 1:10pm On Aug 21, 2015
darlenese:
Will read it later
We understand you "Pass"-ing,
Re: Elumelu’s Afriland Properties Responds To Termination Of Falomo Shopping Centre by teamchocolate: 1:12pm On Aug 21, 2015
Yes ambode cancelled the deal cuz it apparently doesn't pay him and he has the power to.. for whatever reasons which pleases him.. If Tony is not happy.. he should go to asaba and go and do the deal with delta state governor... he cannot come to Lagos and come and be dictating terms here....and still abt the ports the FG up till 3 months ago was an southeast/southsouth man for 6 years.. if his constituency did not deem it fit to advocate for ports then.. That's their cup of tea.. but I will tell u that it makes no sense to dredge onitsha port.. it is not a sea port.. cuz I av asked u what sea it borders but u have no answer! If you even say calabar ports, I can even try and understand but at what cost and to what benefit? And abt companies domiciling where they operate.. Lagos has the infrastructure, instead of putting ur governors to task, u come here and insult south west governors.. That's y truck loads of u arrive from the south east to come and burden the infrastructure put up by our govts.. our housing, our hospitals, our schools.. wtf go back to the east and put ur governors on their toes undecided

alexlee50:
I would overlook your rudeness and talk issues.read the story again, it is ambode who is not satisfied with the deal that is canceling the deal.And this is not because the deal is a bad deal but because his god father tinubu wants the deal and wants to discredit fashola.its just politics.eventually elumelu may still carry on with the project, most likely after under the table settlement of tinubu and ambode.u think they cancelled the project because there was fraud? Or they mean well for Lagos state? U don't know anything then.this is for their own settlement. Watch and see how it sorts itself out.if eventually elumelu doesn't even carry out the project, watch and see the company that finally does the project. On the ports, there is a deliberate policy by the federal goverment to use only tin can and apapa ports.if warri ports and other ports in the niger delta are dredged to accomodate very big vessels, trust lagos would become history. If the oil companies are compelled to move to their areas of operation, this your mouth would shut up.but like I said earlier, lagos is our commercial capital let's leave it that way.

1 Like

Re: Elumelu’s Afriland Properties Responds To Termination Of Falomo Shopping Centre by darlenese(f): 1:26pm On Aug 21, 2015
mickey45:

We understand you "Pass"-ing,

Yels cheesy grin
Re: Elumelu’s Afriland Properties Responds To Termination Of Falomo Shopping Centre by Dieumerci(m): 2:08pm On Aug 21, 2015
GudluckIBB:
50m was for the expression of interest. Meaning that every other company that expressed interest just like Afriland also paid 50m each.
Re: Elumelu’s Afriland Properties Responds To Termination Of Falomo Shopping Centre by alexlee50: 2:17pm On Aug 21, 2015
teamchocolate:
Yes ambode cancelled the deal cuz it apparently doesn't pay him and he has the power to.. for whatever reasons which pleases him.. If Tony is not happy.. he should go to asaba and go and do the deal with delta state governor... he cannot come to Lagos and come and be dictating terms here....and still abt the ports the FG up till 3 months ago was an southeast/southsouth man for 6 years.. if his constituency did not deem it fit to advocate for ports then.. That's their cup of tea.. but I will tell u that it makes no sense to dredge onitsha port.. it is not a sea port.. cuz I av asked u what sea it borders but u have no answer! If you even say calabar ports, I can even try and understand but at what cost and to what benefit? And abt companies domiciling where they operate.. Lagos has the infrastructure, instead of putting ur governors to task, u come here and insult south west governors.. That's y truck loads of u arrive from the south east to come and burden the infrastructure put up by our govts.. our housing, our hospitals, our schools.. wtf go back to the east and put ur governors on their toes undecided

ethnic bigot, I won't join issues with you on the propriety of the Lagos state government on the tony elumelu debacle as it does not add anything to my pocket. In the argument you have canvassed you did not give any intelligent reason why the project was cancalled rather you have hinged your argument on ethnic sentiments, and presence of infastructure in the south west.the second reason you gave is laughable.Apart from Lagos state, which south west state has infastructures which you can call modern? Which one has good roads, hospitals and other social amenities functioning pipe borne water etc.Lagos is what it is today because it was a former federal capital.even then it is congested and facilities are over stretched.It is even the congestion in Lagos state that is bringing development to ogun and oyo state.I still maintain it is a deliberate policy of government to maintain the sea ports in lagos.A single policy of moving companies to the areas of operation.dreding of the warri, portharcort and calabar ports to accomodate large vessels will change the equation.the lagos you shout today will become a ghost town.so be grateful.for the other states in the south west, they are all small villages
Re: Elumelu’s Afriland Properties Responds To Termination Of Falomo Shopping Centre by OPCNAIRALAND: 2:19pm On Aug 21, 2015
Flets:

What would happen to chinese firms operating in a Nigeria without biafra?

Therein lies your response

Chinese is not looking for independence. The independent China is investing in Nigeria on account of Bilateral arrangements and it is possible because their money is insured through a UN guaranteed treaty. It is permanent.

What treaty is there between Yorubaland and Biafra? A shaky and fragmented document called Constitution, and under constant threat of collapse.
Re: Elumelu’s Afriland Properties Responds To Termination Of Falomo Shopping Centre by aresa: 2:28pm On Aug 21, 2015
Mynd44:

Figuring out political rubbishing and political backstabbing is not rocket science.

When really concerned about issues, the people you govern and your state in particular when it comes to such issues like things done wrong by the person before you, fairness demand that you state clearly what was done, release all the facts to the people you govern to see clearly exactly what was done in their name. You don't release half truths and jaundiced info just to rubbish instead of addressing genuine issues...

The N50 million Ambode is talking about happens to a deposit and proof of intent to invest and take on the project by the investor and the contract has other stipulations beneficial to the people of Lagos even apart from the fact that at the end of the contract, the magnificent mall or property goes to the people of Lagos.

Just like the website issue, they released half truths and not the entire content of the contract for Lagosians to see exactly what was negotiated and stipulated. It was done just to rubbish and never to address any critical issue affecting Lagosians.

Fashola as the governor of Lagos state commissioned multiple projects every week and he left hundreds in different stages of completion, but Ambode is yet to commission or touch anything the man before in left behind, he's too busy playing politics and aimlessly preoccupied with irrelevant issues...

Fashola's achievements is written in gold and on the ground everywhere in Lagos state for the people of Lagos to see everyday and Ambide and his vision less and aimless gang can not wipe or take this away from him.

Talking down investors, canceling negotiated investment contracts is very detrimental, it scares away investors, it creates hostile investment atmosphere which is not good for him and the people of Lagos.

He needs to start governing instead of running mickey mouse errands..

1 Like

Re: Elumelu’s Afriland Properties Responds To Termination Of Falomo Shopping Centre by teamchocolate: 2:31pm On Aug 21, 2015
So u expect ambode to outline the reasons why he cancelled the project to u one by one abi?? shocked keep waiting then...
You are the ethnic bigot.. I ask you again why your kinsman Jonathan didn't effect this single policy that would have made iboland an utopia for u all lousy lot to live in so u can leave our yorubaland less congested.. and stop burdening our infrastructure.. if we see 100 patients a day, 70 are igbo.. they like free free everytime.. Same in education.. Same in housing.. Go back to ur land and task ur leaders.. and at lagos being a capital territory.. pls all move to abuja, at least lagos is no longer the fct.. and before lagos was fct, it has always been the trading outpost even of the Southwest before independence.. it was this importance that made it fct.. not the other way round.... so pls get ur facts straight..

alexlee50:
ethnic bigot, I won't join issues with you on the propriety of the Lagos state government on the tony elumelu debacle as it does not add anything to my pocket. In the argument you have canvassed you did not give any intelligent reason why the project was cancalled rather you have hinged your argument on ethnic sentiments, and presence of infastructure in the south west.the second reason you gave is laughable.Apart from Lagos state, which south west state has infastructures which you can call modern? Which one has good roads, hospitals and other social amenities functioning pipe borne water etc.Lagos is what it is today because it was a former federal capital.even then it is congested and facilities are over stretched.It is even the congestion in Lagos state that is bringing development to ogun and oyo state.I still maintain it is a deliberate policy of government to maintain the sea ports in lagos.A single policy of moving companies to the areas of operation.dreding of the warri, portharcort and calabar ports to accomodate large vessels will change the equation.the lagos you shout today will become a ghost town.so be grateful.for the other states in the south west, they are all small villages

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Kwankwaso In Egypt To Rescue Students From Repatriation By The State Govt (pics) / Police Officer Who Was Killed By Vehicle In Ekiti State, Buried Amid Tears. Pics / Lawali Shuaibu Demands Oshiomhole’s Resignation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.