Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,582 members, 7,809,111 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:32 PM

Life After Death.. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Life After Death.. (747 Views)

God Raised My Dad Back To Life After Being Dead For 3 Hours / The False Doctrine Of Eternal Torment And Judgement After Death(sleep) / What Happens After Death? (Christian POV) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Life After Death.. by heffem(m): 6:25am On Aug 21, 2015
Good morning folks, my mind has actually been on this very issue for sometime now.
I had always believed that the world (someday) will come to an end, until recently, my thoughts and believe were denied by the fact that once a man died, his/her world has come to an end.
I will like to make this brief not to make boring,
But, the disturbing part of it all is this......"Is there really any life after death"?...... If yes, where and how? ...
Over to the intellectuals in the house
Re: Life After Death.. by donholy28(m): 6:50am On Aug 21, 2015
If there were no life after death where a person reaps d reward of their deeds.....what then is d essence of doing good?
Re: Life After Death.. by johnydon22(m): 7:41am On Aug 21, 2015
donholy28:
If there were no life after death where a person reaps d reward of their deeds.....what then is d essence of doing good?
If you are good because you want a reward after you are dead, you are just good because you need to be rewarded and not because you want to be good, it is called Selfishness and is that really goodness?

If you are good because you fear punishment after you are dead, you are only good to save your own skin not because you want to be good, that too is selfishness and is that really good?

The essence of goodness is to be good for goodness sake, be good because you want to be good, be good because you want good to happen and most of all be good because you are empathic and compassionate towards others... That is goodness

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Life After Death.. by donholy28(m): 7:43am On Aug 21, 2015
johnydon22:
If you are good because you want a reward after you are dead, you are just good because you need to be rewarded and not because you want to be good, it is called Selfishness and is that really goodness?

If you are good because you fear punishment after you are dead, you are only good to save your own skin not because you want to be good, that too is selfishness and is that really good?

The essence of goodness is to be good for goodness sake, be good because you want to be good, be good because you want good to happen and most of all be good because you are empathic and compassionate towards others... That is goodness
I asked a question... that answered his question
Re: Life After Death.. by johnydon22(m): 7:51am On Aug 21, 2015
I would really love to believe that when i die i will live again, that some thinking, remembering, feeling part of me will continue somehow.

But much as i want to believe that and despite the ancient and cultural worldview that assert an afterlife.

I know nothing that suggests that it is anymore than just plain selfish WISHFUL THINKING

The world is so exquisite with so much love and moral depth that there is really no reason to deceive ourselves with pretty fantasies to which there is no evidence for.

Far better is to me in our vulnerability, is to look death in the eye and to be grateful everyday for the little and magnificent one opportunity that life provides...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Life After Death.. by johnydon22(m): 7:52am On Aug 21, 2015
donholy28:
I asked a question... that answered his question
Your question didn't even in the slightest way answer his question..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Life After Death.. by Nobody: 10:11am On Aug 21, 2015
Life after death,Hold up a minute,how can you believe such a thing?
Man and mammals almost alike with their anatomy and other features and only reason man dominate is his intelligence and so if mammals don't do religion,Don't you think man's intelligence is making him think the absurd?
Re: Life After Death.. by johnydon22(m): 10:23am On Aug 21, 2015
aaronson:
Life after death,Hold up a minute,how can you believe such a thing?
Man and mammals almost alike with their anatomy and other features and only reason man dominate is his intelligence and so if mammals don't do religion,Don't you think man's intelligence is making him think the absurd?
I guess some people just find comfort in the whole notion of "Passing away" instead of simply "Dying"

It's not difficult to understand why we create these stories for ourselves, given that we are probably the only species on the planet who know at a very young age that we are going to die one day.

Other creatures just live in the moments.

I really doubt that the birds and dogs out there are fretting about an afterlife or performing rituals to gain a spot in heaven.

But our knowledge of the inevitable end of our being is somewhat of a burden to us........ So why don't we stop dwelling in such wishful fantasies as an afterlife and focus more on [size=15]What we have now and where we are right now [/size]

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Life After Death.. by Nobody: 10:29am On Aug 21, 2015
johnydon22:

I guess some people just find comfort in the whole notion of "Passing away" instead of simply "Dying"

It's not difficult to understand why we create these stories for ourselves, given that we are probably the only species on the planet who know at a very young age that we are going to die one day.

Other creatures just live in the moments.

I really doubt that the birds and dogs out there are fretting about an afterlife or performing rituals to gain a spot in heaven.

But our knowledge of the inevitable end of our being is somewhat of a burden to us........ So why don't we stop dwelling in such wishful fantasies as an afterlife and focus more on [size=15]What we have now and where we are right now [/size]
Real talk bro.

(1) (Reply)

India Spiritual Temple / I See Crises In Benue State - Apostle Johnson Suleman Gives 31 Prophecies / The Kingdom Of God: A Message Christianity Ignores

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.