Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,370 members, 7,781,026 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 07:40 AM

I Left Rich Guys In Lekki To Marry Broke E-money In Ajegunle – Juliet Okonkwo - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / I Left Rich Guys In Lekki To Marry Broke E-money In Ajegunle – Juliet Okonkwo (67105 Views)

I Left Rich Guys In Lekki To Marry "Broke" E-money In Ajegunle - Juliet Okonkwo / E-money And Wife, Juliet Okonkwo At Wembley Stadium For Nigeria Vs England Match / I Left Rich Guys In Lekki To Marry Broke E-money In Ajegunle – Juliet Okonkwo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Left Rich Guys In Lekki To Marry Broke E-money In Ajegunle – Juliet Okonkwo by JoelNkantaBlog: 12:28pm On Aug 21, 2015
Five Star Music CEO, Emeka Okonkwo, popularly called E-Money and his wife, Juliet, talk about their love story

How did you meet your spouse?

Juliet: I met my husband at a video shoot by Julius Agwu, in 2003. I was at the shoot to support Agwu as a long-time friend of his. Prior to meeting my husband, I was already friends with his brother, Kcee.

Was your first impression of him favourable?

Juliet: He bore a striking resemblance to Kcee, so I imagined they were twins. I liked him when we met for the first time and we started out as friends. We dated for four years and decided to get married afterwards. He was very mature for his age and had a kind heart. He was very reserved, welcoming and spoke affectionately about his family.

E-Money: When we met, I was a young man who was struggling to make ends meet and she was equally very young. She was in her sophomore year at the university. Because she was my first girlfriend and the first woman I ever loved, I remained faithful to her. I was looking for a God-fearing lady who wasn’t excessively concerned with material possessions and who I could plan a future with. Fortunately, I found those qualities in her. Even though I lived in Ajegunle, with my brothers at that time, she visited me on several occasions. I remember that on one of those occasions, she fell into a gutter in a flooded street.

Why did it take you so long to propose to her?

E-Money: I was only waiting for the right time to ask her to marry me but I knew where the relationship was headed from the outset. I had met other ladies in the past, but they all lacked the qualities I mentioned earlier.

How did you propose to her?

E-Money: I presented her with a car as an engagement gift.

Why did you accept his proposal?

Juliet: My family and I were on the verge of relocating to the United Kingdom, but I was happy that I was already in a relationship with him. I felt it was a good reason to always visit Nigeria given that I had fallen in love with him and his personality. On one occasion, I was cash-strapped and he willingly parted with the last N1,000 he had on him. I was completely taken aback by that act of generosity.

Did you think he would become this wealthy?

Juliet: When we started dating, my friends were surprised that I sidestepped all the rich guys in Lekki, where I was resident for a man who lived in Ajegunle but I was not bothered. I looked forward to getting a good job upon my graduation from the university. He didn’t even have enough money to take us back to Lagos after our traditional marriage.

E-Money: Kcee was the one who lent me N20, 000. I used it to pay our fare to Lagos.

At what point did you begin to experience a turnaround in your finances?

E-Money: We were on our way to Lagos when I received a phone call informing me that I had been awarded a $2m contract and that is how our lives changed forever.

Did you face any challenges owing to the differences in your backgrounds?

Juliet: My parents were already deceased when we met but other members of my family blessed our union.

You do not live in Nigeria…

Juliet: I’m a British citizen and I love the environment over there. I like the quality of education which is good for my children. I tried to settle in Nigeria but I could not fit in. When I am away, my husband and I have unhindered communication. It is so good that we do not really feel any vacuum.

He visits us every two weeks and he’s actively involved in the lives of our children. We are okay this way.

How do you handle disagreements?

E-Money: We don’t invite anybody to act as a go-between; we manage to resolve disagreements ourselves. I won’t say we are saints or angels but we hardly ever quarrel. I may want to be by myself whenever we disagree, but she won’t allow it. We always find a way to resolve our differences amicably.

Juliet: A lot of people don’t know that my husband is a closet comedian; he always finds a way to cheer me up when we disagree. I owe the success of my marriage to Kcee; he understands me so well. Although we hardly invite a third party to intervene when there are issues, but I invite Kcee sometimes.

What would you want to change about your spouse?

E-Money: I don’t want to change anything about her; I love her just the way she is.

How do cope with advances from the opposite sex?

Juliet: We laugh about it and sometimes, I tease him about his female admirers. If anyone gets a bit out of hand, I step in and put them in their place. We operate an open-door policy.

Do you have access to each other’s social media accounts?

E-Money: Yes, we do but we don’t have any reason to go over each other’s account. She controls our social media accounts.

Do you both run a joint account?

Juliet: We do and I was the one who initiated it. My husband doesn’t like to carry cash so, I control and manage our finances. I am very involved; I know who he works for, his clients and other details of his business.

Can you keep secrets from each other?

Juliet: No, I don’t and if it is something that would affect him, I make sure I go about it in a diplomatic manner.

E-Money: I don’t keep secrets from her because I don’t have any reason to do so.

Describe your marriage?

Juliet: Our marriage is built on the fear of God and founded on love. We are friends to ourselves, children and staff. He has a heart of gold even though some people like to take advantage of him. There is nothing I have asked for that he has not provided. Sometimes, he makes things available even before I ask.

E-Money: Juliet is God’s gift to me.

http://www.punchng.com/spice/celebrity-couple/my-friends-were-surprised-that-i-married-e-money/

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Left Rich Guys In Lekki To Marry Broke E-money In Ajegunle – Juliet Okonkwo by izeeqpotter(m): 12:30pm On Aug 21, 2015
You mean "rich guys wey no send u abi?"

108 Likes 7 Shares

Re: I Left Rich Guys In Lekki To Marry Broke E-money In Ajegunle – Juliet Okonkwo by olafum1(m): 12:31pm On Aug 21, 2015
I don grow taller

2 Likes

Re: I Left Rich Guys In Lekki To Marry Broke E-money In Ajegunle – Juliet Okonkwo by iamSi(m): 12:35pm On Aug 21, 2015
So was my wife ... So what's your point ... Ko si big deal mbe my friend

12 Likes

Re: I Left Rich Guys In Lekki To Marry Broke E-money In Ajegunle – Juliet Okonkwo by nofij(m): 12:37pm On Aug 21, 2015
Okay ma...should I tell you welldone

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Left Rich Guys In Lekki To Marry Broke E-money In Ajegunle – Juliet Okonkwo by adeyemi97(m): 12:38pm On Aug 21, 2015
Really ? Striking resemblance with kcee?? And hold on, is this guy kcee's elder or younger brother??

This guy must be a confirm yahoo guy, he even bears the name "E-Money " "Internet money "

87 Likes 8 Shares

Re: I Left Rich Guys In Lekki To Marry Broke E-money In Ajegunle – Juliet Okonkwo by Lanceslot(m): 12:39pm On Aug 21, 2015
That's life. Mastercraft was once a bus conductor, Timaya was once a plantain seller, Patoranking sold rat killer @ a point in his life and GEJ was once shoeless houseboy.

231 Likes 20 Shares

Re: I Left Rich Guys In Lekki To Marry Broke E-money In Ajegunle – Juliet Okonkwo by verygudbadguy(m): 1:03pm On Aug 21, 2015
Wise woman..

4 Likes

Re: I Left Rich Guys In Lekki To Marry Broke E-money In Ajegunle – Juliet Okonkwo by RedCard1(m): 1:13pm On Aug 21, 2015
You married for the fame and maybe, good fhuckk. Period!

6 Likes

Re: I Left Rich Guys In Lekki To Marry Broke E-money In Ajegunle – Juliet Okonkwo by Came: 1:55pm On Aug 21, 2015
She wan make herself saint, abi Wetin?.talking too much!!!

4 Likes

Re: I Left Rich Guys In Lekki To Marry Broke E-money In Ajegunle – Juliet Okonkwo by EverestdeBliu(m): 2:37pm On Aug 21, 2015
...When she believes in your dream,she'd stick around.

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Left Rich Guys In Lekki To Marry Broke E-money In Ajegunle – Juliet Okonkwo by virud: 3:21pm On Aug 21, 2015
Some girls b like ....
That's her business o! If you like marry an 'agbero' ,na U sabi.

Some hardened gold diggers b like..
There's no problem at all , I promise not to marry cos of money but love, I'd simply fall in love where there's plenty of money!

Some ex-convicts babes b like...
Babe...babe...babe... just don't go there o, I can tell you from experience that she is telling lies! Love ko...Bleep ni!

Some guys are like ...
If wishes were just horses ..
That's my ideal kinda woman..
She'd stick to me even wen my middle name sounds like 'suffer'..

All said and (nothing) done!
If you hustle with me, you'd unarguably and most assuredly become the MADAME of my 'house'... but if I don hammer before u tag along ,you're unmistakably a tenant and a non holding factor in my 'house' . Just forget whatever you think you know or whatever I might have told / promised you (on bed). THIS IS THE REAL DEAL! Thank you!

61 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Left Rich Guys In Lekki To Marry Broke E-money In Ajegunle – Juliet Okonkwo by jnrbayano(m): 3:22pm On Aug 21, 2015
This relationship started well. Very simple. No lies. No avarice. No pretences.

Why won't it last?

Happy married life nice couple.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Left Rich Guys In Lekki To Marry Broke E-money In Ajegunle – Juliet Okonkwo by ahckmedkosy(m): 3:23pm On Aug 21, 2015
It might not be the money, nor the fame nor the sexual satisfaction. If she sees the vision of a future and a purpose driven man she will stick by..YES that happens in nollywood. If you don't hv a car many women no go even wave u goodbye talk more of telling u welcome..

6 Likes

Re: I Left Rich Guys In Lekki To Marry Broke E-money In Ajegunle – Juliet Okonkwo by Nobody: 3:23pm On Aug 21, 2015
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: I Left Rich Guys In Lekki To Marry Broke E-money In Ajegunle – Juliet Okonkwo by Creamz(m): 3:23pm On Aug 21, 2015
Girls should take note, but thought stories like this was only possible in Nigerian movies lol

1 Like

Re: I Left Rich Guys In Lekki To Marry Broke E-money In Ajegunle – Juliet Okonkwo by sidneyj(m): 3:23pm On Aug 21, 2015
Are you telling us you don't like money?
Re: I Left Rich Guys In Lekki To Marry Broke E-money In Ajegunle – Juliet Okonkwo by efilefun(m): 3:24pm On Aug 21, 2015
grin
Re: I Left Rich Guys In Lekki To Marry Broke E-money In Ajegunle – Juliet Okonkwo by Nobody: 3:24pm On Aug 21, 2015
Doesn't mean we should reject lekki guys abeg.
What will be will be.

7 Likes

Re: I Left Rich Guys In Lekki To Marry Broke E-money In Ajegunle – Juliet Okonkwo by dammy207: 3:25pm On Aug 21, 2015
Story story! You marry Internet money and you dey hear they follow us yarn say nah Ajegunle guy. Hope you people are still staying in Ajejunle sha. Because I don't see reasons why you guys should relocate

11 Likes

Re: I Left Rich Guys In Lekki To Marry Broke E-money In Ajegunle – Juliet Okonkwo by destiny25(m): 3:25pm On Aug 21, 2015
Hmmmmmmmm
Re: I Left Rich Guys In Lekki To Marry Broke E-money In Ajegunle – Juliet Okonkwo by snika: 3:26pm On Aug 21, 2015
Great people. Onila and LadyF, take note
Re: I Left Rich Guys In Lekki To Marry Broke E-money In Ajegunle – Juliet Okonkwo by tunex23: 3:26pm On Aug 21, 2015
And so? After lekki guys don slam slam u finish
Re: I Left Rich Guys In Lekki To Marry Broke E-money In Ajegunle – Juliet Okonkwo by tivta(m): 3:28pm On Aug 21, 2015
Too many people with PhD here...
Re: I Left Rich Guys In Lekki To Marry Broke E-money In Ajegunle – Juliet Okonkwo by stanbuggy(m): 3:29pm On Aug 21, 2015
Am interested in that $2m contract shocked!!!

39 Likes

Re: I Left Rich Guys In Lekki To Marry Broke E-money In Ajegunle – Juliet Okonkwo by mideactive: 3:29pm On Aug 21, 2015
Retaired Olosho grin grin
Re: I Left Rich Guys In Lekki To Marry Broke E-money In Ajegunle – Juliet Okonkwo by Nobody: 3:30pm On Aug 21, 2015
$2m Contract! shocked shocked shocked

Poverty na masturbating mastrubator!

By the way, what is Baba Go-Slow doing about Tunde Fowler's Oluwole Degree?

Like Buhari...like Tinubu...like Fowler.

5 Likes

Re: I Left Rich Guys In Lekki To Marry Broke E-money In Ajegunle – Juliet Okonkwo by Nobody: 3:31pm On Aug 21, 2015
Make we believe you sha.
Re: I Left Rich Guys In Lekki To Marry Broke E-money In Ajegunle – Juliet Okonkwo by Orikinla(m): 3:31pm On Aug 21, 2015
[size=18pt]Or the rich guys left you?
Were you a virgin when E-Money met you?
There are even richer guys in Ajegunle than some many rich guys in Lekki.[/size]

5 Likes

Re: I Left Rich Guys In Lekki To Marry Broke E-money In Ajegunle – Juliet Okonkwo by Zi: 3:32pm On Aug 21, 2015
I just learnt a new word - sophomore and in case you dont know yet, a sophomore (/ˈsɒfəmɔr/ or /ˈsɒfmɔr/) is a student in the second year of study at high school or university. kiss

31 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ebuka Obi-Uchendu And Cee-C At A Pageantry. Ebuka Lied? (Throwback Photo) / Olamide, Bankyw, Wizkid At Pool Party With Sexy Bikini Ladies (photos) / Silver Spoon Kids! The Top 6 Nigerian Musicians Who Were Born Rich

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.