Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,897 members, 7,802,889 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:46 AM

Registration Is About To Close, Please Help. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Registration Is About To Close, Please Help. (4545 Views)

JAMB To Close Direct Entry Application / Parents Of Nig-turkish Int’l Col. Students Decry Call To Close Schools (PICTURED / Turkey Wants Nigeria To Close 17 Schools In Coup Clampdown !!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Registration Is About To Close, Please Help. by juliusjulius: 6:19pm On Aug 21, 2015
Hi nairalanders, I
apologize for bothering
you with my problems.

I'm an extra year
student of oau Ile-Ife,
and I'm encountering
problem in paying for
the extra session.

My dad is late and my
mum is not bouyant
enough to pay, I heard
that late registration
that will attract an extra fee of #2000 has already started.

The fees is around
#27,000 minus accomodation.

I don't mind if it's a loan
or if I have to work for
it, I just want to have a
university degree.

Help me, I don't want to become a 'dropout'.

Help me in becoming a
better person.

Life is about to deny me
life, help in rescuing me.

Thanks in anticipation.

1 Like

Re: Registration Is About To Close, Please Help. by LilSmith55(m): 6:46pm On Aug 21, 2015
Start Working...

Brick Laying is 1,500.. 15 days is #30,000 and u will use the remain 3k for Menu Menu

6 Likes

Re: Registration Is About To Close, Please Help. by juliusjulius: 7:09pm On Aug 21, 2015
LilSmith55:
Start Working...

Brick Laying is 1,500.. 15 days is #30,000 and u will use the remain 3k for Menu Menu

Thanks for the advice, but the registration would have closed by then plus 1500 * 15= 22500 and not 30000

3 Likes

Re: Registration Is About To Close, Please Help. by LilSmith55(m): 12:02am On Aug 22, 2015
juliusjulius:

Thanks for the advice, but the registration would have closed by then plus 1500 * 15= 22500 and not 30000

I dey feel your Pain

Don't you have any relative u can ask of Money or Borrow from your friend and pay later when you get it back...
Re: Registration Is About To Close, Please Help. by juliusjulius: 12:13am On Aug 22, 2015
LilSmith55:

I dey feel your Pain

Don't you have any relative u can ask of Money or Borrow from your friend and pay later when you get it back...
They are all saying that they don't have money. I'm tired of life itself.
Re: Registration Is About To Close, Please Help. by Koolwilly(m): 11:39am On Aug 22, 2015
juliusjulius:
They are all saying that they don't have money. I'm tired of life itself.
Go to your student affairs department and talk to the dean of students.
They should hear you out.
#peace

1 Like

Re: Registration Is About To Close, Please Help. by ifyalways(f): 1:57pm On Aug 22, 2015
@OP, since you created this thread, refreshing it daily, if u had instead entered the streets to hustle, u would have raised atleast half of the needed amount. Rather, all I see are excuses.

Life itself is easy, there's dignity in honest labour. I love people who in spite of whatever challenges life throws at them, gets up and fights back as opposed to waiting for manna from heaven.

All the very best.

8 Likes

Re: Registration Is About To Close, Please Help. by UrennaNkoli(f): 4:51pm On Aug 22, 2015
I dey feel for this guy sha.
All the best bro.
Re: Registration Is About To Close, Please Help. by juliusjulius: 4:55pm On Aug 22, 2015
UrennaNkoli:
I dey feel for this guy sha.
All the best bro.
Thanks
Re: Registration Is About To Close, Please Help. by juliusjulius: 5:00pm On Aug 22, 2015
ifyalways:
@OP, since you created this thread, refreshing it daily, if u had instead entered the streets to hustle, u would have raised atleast half of the needed amount. Rather, all I see are excuses.

Life itself is easy, there's dignity in honest labour. I love people who in spite of whatever challenges life throws at them, gets up and fights back as opposed to waiting for manna from heaven.

All the very best.

I'm doing everything bro, I'm not just sitting down.
Re: Registration Is About To Close, Please Help. by UrennaNkoli(f): 5:03pm On Aug 22, 2015
juliusjulius:
Thanks
How much do you need to raise?
Re: Registration Is About To Close, Please Help. by juliusjulius: 5:19pm On Aug 22, 2015
UrennaNkoli:

How much do you need to raise?
29k tuition and maybe 25k for accomodation.
Re: Registration Is About To Close, Please Help. by UrennaNkoli(f): 5:22pm On Aug 22, 2015
juliusjulius:
29k tuition and like maybe 25k for accomodation.
But how do I know you are telling the truth?
Re: Registration Is About To Close, Please Help. by juliusjulius: 5:29pm On Aug 22, 2015
UrennaNkoli:

But how do I know you are telling the truth?

I can pm u with my credentials: school ID card, recommendation letter from the HOD and even my PVC.
Re: Registration Is About To Close, Please Help. by ifyalways(f): 5:33pm On Aug 22, 2015
juliusjulius:

I'm doing everything bro, I'm not just sitting down.
So how much have you raised thus far by going out to work with THINE hands?

1 Like

Re: Registration Is About To Close, Please Help. by juliusjulius: 5:37pm On Aug 22, 2015
Re: Registration Is About To Close, Please Help. by cheerokee(m): 6:45pm On Aug 22, 2015
I feel ur pain, may God help gnu out
Re: Registration Is About To Close, Please Help. by ifyalways(f): 7:00pm On Aug 22, 2015
juliusjulius:

I have been trying to save för my rent.
" You have been, you have been "

Your rent and school fees which is more important?
How much do you have and your answer is " I have been trying to save for my rent"

Save from which money?
Abeg, I don tire sef.

7 Likes

Re: Registration Is About To Close, Please Help. by juliusjulius: 7:15pm On Aug 22, 2015
Re: Registration Is About To Close, Please Help. by delishpot: 7:51pm On Aug 22, 2015
ifyalways:

All the very best.

He said he is ready to work for it. He did not say dash him. If you get wotk to give him and pay the money I am sure he wont reject it

8 Likes

Re: Registration Is About To Close, Please Help. by juliusjulius: 8:16pm On Aug 22, 2015
delishpot:

He said he is ready to work for it. He did not say dash him. If you get wotk to give him and pay the money I am sure he wont reject it

Thank you sir.

2 Likes

Re: Registration Is About To Close, Please Help. by Nobody: 8:11am On Aug 23, 2015
Seun, pls this guy needs help. Only if you can help him move this thread to d frontpage

TeHN should make some verifications, this is the kind of stuffs they should be involved in.
Jah bless!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Registration Is About To Close, Please Help. by eleko1: 8:21am On Aug 23, 2015
He shud go and squat with his fellow student and settle his school fees first..2,let him go and explain his situation to SUG(welfare/Gen sec,they'll surely help him.
ifyalways:

" You have been, you have been "

Your rent and school fees which is more important?
How much do you have and your answer is " I have been trying to save for my rent"

Save from which money?
Abeg, I don tire sef.

2 Likes

Re: Registration Is About To Close, Please Help. by eleko1: 8:26am On Aug 23, 2015
I suggest they deposit/pay the sch fees directly to the school not his own personal account.
delishpot:

Re: Registration Is About To Close, Please Help. by sunnyeinstein(m): 9:28am On Aug 23, 2015
All he needs to do is seek SUG help in two ways:

1) ask d SUG's help in borrowing u money using ur studentship as guarantee for payment...

2) ask d SUG to liase with the dean of student affairs on ur behalf. By so doing they'll call you to a meeting and you'd giv a timeline for payment of d fees... usually they'd allow till 1st semester exam is around. Therefore u'd hav ample time to go mk money to pay, even if it means missing some classes (dats if ur carryover plenty)

Try this and you wont need to open a thread (Oga Seun, lalastica and d other Mods dnt beliv u, dats y ur thread aint on fp, givin pple less reason to take u serious!)

1 Like

Re: Registration Is About To Close, Please Help. by CrazyMan(m): 12:12pm On Aug 23, 2015
juliusjulius:
29k tuition and maybe 25k for accomodation.
25k for accommodation?
I thought you said you're an extra student, which means a few courses are holding you back, what do you need an accommodation for?

Why not just collect the materials go home read them and keep in touch with the course rep till your exam date, then you hook up with someone, write your exams and move on with your life.

Finally, you didn't tell give us your full name, registration number and department. If your story has any bit of truth in it, that should have been the first thing you ought to have done.

I smell scam.

7 Likes

Re: Registration Is About To Close, Please Help. by juliusjulius: 1:37pm On Aug 23, 2015
CrazyMan:

25k for accommodation?
I thought you said you're an extra student, which means a few courses are holding you back, what do you need an accommodation for?

Why not just collect the materials go home read them and keep in touch with the course rep till your exam date, then you hook up with someone, write your exams and move on with your life.

Finally, you didn't tell give us your full name, registration number and department. If your story has any bit of truth in it, that should have been the first thing you ought to have done.

I smell scam.

some of the lecturers here take attendance very serious plus I'm from a very small village where there are no/few job opportunities. I want to stay here in Ife to look for something tangible to be doing.

This is not a scam, I have sent my id card, recommendation letter from the HOD even my PVC to some people here on nairaland through PM. I can send it to you too if you care.

I don't want to drop my full details here due to some reasons. I'm not a scam, I'll never do such thing.

I just don't want to waste the 5years that I have already spent
Re: Registration Is About To Close, Please Help. by flightz(f): 2:46pm On Aug 23, 2015
Bro, talk to TY(he is cool) or d welfare director (I tink Ojogbon). As for ur accommodation, I can tell u dt I sleep in classes plus keep my books/belongings in sumone's place in hostel(I just didn't want to bother ma parents wen alternatives abounds) and I'm ok. I may be wrong bt I see dt ur extravagant, why 25k for accommodation? Abeg, talk to ur lecturers and get to the DSA plus SUG! This is nt d time to be shy or timid. My lecturers even raised money for a guy who couldn't pay, they are humans too and once students and trust me, most of them had it rough(going by wat they told us in class). Nobody has it easy. New buka is dia, u Cn work dia and av free food and u would be paid sum amount for upkeep .. I cn go on and on. All the best.

6 Likes

Re: Registration Is About To Close, Please Help. by colossus2: 2:54pm On Aug 23, 2015
How many courses are you sitting for in this your extra year?
Does your school have a portal for online school fees payment?
What is your name? (don't write it in full - half of your 1st name and half of your surname)

School fees is the most important, you can always squat for the now.
Re: Registration Is About To Close, Please Help. by juliusjulius: 3:17pm On Aug 23, 2015
Re: Registration Is About To Close, Please Help. by juliusjulius: 3:18pm On Aug 23, 2015
[quote author]
Re: Registration Is About To Close, Please Help. by colossus2: 3:56pm On Aug 23, 2015
juliusjulius:

9units, I want to take more restricted electives.

First name Olu

middle name Eze

faculty of Agriculture.
How many courses make that 9units?
Does you school have a portal for online payment?

(1) (2) (Reply)

"Green White Green" What It Means Now And Then! / How Do I Get My FUTA Certificates And Official Transcripts!? / Study In UK Completely Free - Apply For 100% Chevening Scholarships 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.