Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,310 members, 7,780,735 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:01 PM

I’m Confident Of Victory At Tribunal – Maku. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’m Confident Of Victory At Tribunal – Maku. (14157 Views)

Celebration Of Victory In Government House Yenagoa Bayelsa State (Photos) / Saraki’s Lawyers Stage Walkout At Tribunal / 3 Of David Mark’s Witnesses Quit At Tribunal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I’m Confident Of Victory At Tribunal – Maku. by PhockPhockMan: 10:49pm On Aug 21, 2015
....tasks Buhari on INEC, Judiciary reform.

By Emmanuel Elebeke

A former Information Minister and the gubernatorial candidate of All Progressive Grand Alliance at the April 11 elections in Nasarawa State, Mr. Labaran Maku says he is confident of victory at the electoral tribunal sitting in Lafia, the Nasarawa State capital.
He said that citizens of the state should expect the state to be the first to get justice in this new dispensation.
The former minister made the declaration Thursday during a press briefing on the conclusion of their presentations at the electoral tribunal in Abuja.
Maku told the media that at the close of the tribunal presentation on Wednesday, the electoral body (INEC) failed to close its case without a single witness before the tribunal, after filing 25 witnesses and boasting of having enough evidence to counter APGA’s claim of massive irregularities during and after the election.
His words, “rather than bringing the witnesses forward, INEC withdrew its case because its witnesses turned hostile and were not prepared to testify under oath”.
‘’After all the entries, reviews of witnesses , presentation of documents and motions, claims and counter claims, I am more certain and convinced that Al-Makura ought not to have presented himself ab-initio to be sworn in as governor of Nasarawa state.
‘‘I think it’s unfortunate that the electoral act and the constitution allow people who rigged elections to be sworn in as opposed to the constitution in 1979, when electoral petitions were handled before swearing in.
“For me, the electoral body that proclaimed Al-makura the winner could not present the witnesses it said it had. It was evident that INEC and APC went for a reckless and fraudulent mutilation of results.”
According to him, ‘Most of the Adhoc staff recruited by INEC were APC members, so they did all the damage because if you conduct a survey in the state you will observe that 7 out of 10 people will tell you APGA won the election”.
He further reiterated that he would never have gone to court if he wasn’t convinced that he won the election.
He however, challenged President Mohammadu Buhari to live up to his promises by ensuring that he makes INEC and the judiciary better than he met them, reminding him that he has the opportunity of reforming the two organization which he once claimed robbed him victory at the polls.
‘‘I have no reason to doubt the INEC and the judiciary under the leadership of President Buhari because when he contested election and lost, he said the INEC and the judiciary robbed him victory and now he is in charge, I expect him to bring that change he had always wanted in both organizations.
‘‘President Jonathan has really transformed Nigeria from 2010 to date. His party PDP lost many states to opposition parties and he congratulated them. He also lost to Buhari and called him to congratulate him. That makes him a good democrat and true reformer.
‘‘What I expect President Buhari to do now is to take the INEC and judiciary reform to the next level by making them to be more independent.’’

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/08/im-confident-of-victory-at-tribunal-maku/

14 Likes

Re: I’m Confident Of Victory At Tribunal – Maku. by ladyF(f): 10:50pm On Aug 21, 2015
Hmmmm time will tell...

Its [size=20pt]LadyF[/size] again grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: I’m Confident Of Victory At Tribunal – Maku. by casyrotts(m): 10:51pm On Aug 21, 2015
Mtcheew

3 Likes

Re: I’m Confident Of Victory At Tribunal – Maku. by PhockPhockMan: 10:56pm On Aug 21, 2015
ladyF:
Hmmmm time will tell...
Na wa for you o o. You no dey sleep?

Ishilove, lalasticlala.
Re: I’m Confident Of Victory At Tribunal – Maku. by PhockPhockMan: 10:57pm On Aug 21, 2015
casyrotts:
Mtcheew
E go do you like film.

13 Likes

Re: I’m Confident Of Victory At Tribunal – Maku. by Nobody: 11:38pm On Aug 21, 2015
SUPER STORY
Re: I’m Confident Of Victory At Tribunal – Maku. by GenbIoodykiller: 11:45pm On Aug 21, 2015
IbnSultaan:
SUPER STORY

gworo seller cheesy

10 Likes

Re: I’m Confident Of Victory At Tribunal – Maku. by Happiness87(f): 11:47pm On Aug 21, 2015
#APCPropaganda: Aregbesola talking drum to attract 20 million tourists in six months - LIA MOHAMMED
, that is why i am not ashamed of him, he said

grin grin angry angry grin grin grin grin grin

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Confident Of Victory At Tribunal – Maku. by Nobody: 11:57pm On Aug 21, 2015
[quote author=GenbIoodykiller post=37204745]
gworo seller cheesy[/quote be matured for ones

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I’m Confident Of Victory At Tribunal – Maku. by Majlaw(m): 12:02am On Aug 22, 2015
In Femi Fani OluKayode's voice... Maku will get the shock of his life.

2 Likes

Re: I’m Confident Of Victory At Tribunal – Maku. by TheOnlyWiseMan: 7:44am On Aug 22, 2015
PhockPhockMan:

Na wa for you o o. You no dey sleep?

Ishilove, lalasticlala.
She's hunting first to coment award.
Re: I’m Confident Of Victory At Tribunal – Maku. by TheOnlyWiseMan: 7:46am On Aug 22, 2015
Majlaw:
In Femi Fani OluKayode's voice... Maku will get the shock of his life.
The shock will be on you. Watch out.

14 Likes

Re: I’m Confident Of Victory At Tribunal – Maku. by UltimatePals: 7:52am On Aug 22, 2015
Hmmm
Re: I’m Confident Of Victory At Tribunal – Maku. by proxitaly: 7:54am On Aug 22, 2015
That's if the ruling party did not give you CHANGE

1 Like

Re: I’m Confident Of Victory At Tribunal – Maku. by ennysuccess(m): 7:54am On Aug 22, 2015
U are sure of d bribe already paid to the Judge and its cabinets abi
Re: I’m Confident Of Victory At Tribunal – Maku. by Franchise21(m): 7:54am On Aug 22, 2015
OK
Re: I’m Confident Of Victory At Tribunal – Maku. by Franchise21(m): 7:54am On Aug 22, 2015
u wan pursue APC??
Re: I’m Confident Of Victory At Tribunal – Maku. by efilefun(m): 7:54am On Aug 22, 2015
shocked
Re: I’m Confident Of Victory At Tribunal – Maku. by Franchise21(m): 7:55am On Aug 22, 2015
U can't pursue APC
Re: I’m Confident Of Victory At Tribunal – Maku. by Psylas(m): 7:55am On Aug 22, 2015
WEST SIDE!
Re: I’m Confident Of Victory At Tribunal – Maku. by kenedy175(m): 7:55am On Aug 22, 2015
Haven't heard from this guy for a while. So he's still alive sef. Lol
Re: I’m Confident Of Victory At Tribunal – Maku. by Franchise21(m): 7:55am On Aug 22, 2015
Wake up from ur slumber
Re: I’m Confident Of Victory At Tribunal – Maku. by boboLIL(m): 7:55am On Aug 22, 2015
Okay na..being confident is good
Re: I’m Confident Of Victory At Tribunal – Maku. by Nobody: 7:55am On Aug 22, 2015
We'll wait and see.

Meanwhile, below are some of the latest topics from APC propaganda machinery. Enjoy and feel free to add yours

#APCpropaganda
Buhari's planned probe of FIFA: Sepp Blatter goes into hiding- Liar Mohammed

#APCpropaganda
Fear of Buhari: Satan falls from the sky, sustains serious head injury - Passingshot

#APCpropaganda
Buhari's integrity sweeps through the animal world as mosquitoes suspend biting action indefinitely - Premium Times

#APCpropaganda
Buhari's body language: an aide of former president returns #12 trillion loot, begs for forgiveness - Liar Mohammed

#APCpropaganda
Buhari's body language: statue of George Washington shows sign of life in far away US - Mynd_4

#APCpropaganda
Fear of Buhari: One million witches and wizards storm Eagles square, renounce evil and beg for forgiveness- Beremx

#APCpropaganda
Buhari's fart powering Nigeria's power plants - Nations

#APCpropaganda
Buhari's body language: 65 year old woman healed of cervical cancer - Passingshot

#APCpropaganda
Buhari's integrity: over over 100 million Nigerians employed in 2 months - Liar Mohammed

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I’m Confident Of Victory At Tribunal – Maku. by Franchise21(m): 7:56am On Aug 22, 2015
Forget that APC's witnesses testified against them
Re: I’m Confident Of Victory At Tribunal – Maku. by Vock(m): 7:56am On Aug 22, 2015
Okay cuz he's daddy is the chief judge there
Re: I’m Confident Of Victory At Tribunal – Maku. by loomer: 7:56am On Aug 22, 2015
Oya na
Re: I’m Confident Of Victory At Tribunal – Maku. by ichidodo: 7:56am On Aug 22, 2015
Yes, we don't see how Maku wont clinch the seat , afterall, APC is a big fraud as a political organisation...

4 Likes

Re: I’m Confident Of Victory At Tribunal – Maku. by gen2briz(m): 7:56am On Aug 22, 2015
Confident ke
Re: I’m Confident Of Victory At Tribunal – Maku. by Franchise21(m): 7:56am On Aug 22, 2015
Before u pursue APC, we go first pursue Wike from Rivers

1 Like

Re: I’m Confident Of Victory At Tribunal – Maku. by dridowu: 7:57am On Aug 22, 2015
It is good to have dream but not all dream become reality.
Ask PDP,LP,KOWA,HOPE candidates they will all tell you the same thing. So meaning the Jury has the final say.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ambode Commissions Ile Zik-sango Toll Gate Street Lights / Metuh: Temper Justice With Mercy, PDP Begs CJN / Buhari Inaugurates A Committee To Audit Recovered Funds (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.