Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,184 members, 7,807,611 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:10 PM

Inaccurate View Of The North By Southern Nigerians - Mark Amaza - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Inaccurate View Of The North By Southern Nigerians - Mark Amaza (4882 Views)

Re-introducing Northern Nigeria: Not As You Know It - Mark Amaza / Letter To Southern Nigerians Particularly Yoruba People / Nigerian President Or King Of The North?, By Femi Fani-kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Inaccurate View Of The North By Southern Nigerians - Mark Amaza by darazonian(m): 2:48pm On Aug 22, 2015
bilulu:

U mite call it ignorance but Dats d fact...... u re entitled to ur opinion n my opinion remains all northerners re AB0KI
I think something is wrong with you up stairs. for god sake, this is as simple as one plus one. but you find it elusive to understand because you have been brainwashed by enthnicity and sentiment. have you ever been to the north?

3 Likes

Re: Inaccurate View Of The North By Southern Nigerians - Mark Amaza by Mogten(m): 2:54pm On Aug 22, 2015
bilulu:

Live d AB0KI make e dey here dey explain say him no b AB0KI
Have you any brains at all?! TF! you act too retarded for a human being.

1 Like

Re: Inaccurate View Of The North By Southern Nigerians - Mark Amaza by trillville(m): 3:29pm On Aug 22, 2015
likila:
op,
you are the ignorant one.
why are fulanis 80% of the political leadership of the north.
even in the so-called 60% non-moslim states, all the governors, senators, ministers, etc are fulani!
who is fooling who?

So the governors of kogi, plateau and benue are Hausa Fulani? And all the senators in kwara and nassarawa are Hausa Fulani?

Ignorance is truly a disease.

2 Likes

Re: Inaccurate View Of The North By Southern Nigerians - Mark Amaza by A7(m): 3:45pm On Aug 22, 2015
BishopMagic:
The northern christians need to come out and fight for your survival and rights.

There is no jihad in Sokoto, Kevin or Zamfara because there are no christian indigenes unlike what we have in Gombe, Bauchi, Adamawa and Borno.

Chibok is a predominantly christian community just like Michika, Gwozo.

Is Buni Yadi a christian community? Boys are slain in their dormitories and their corpses set ablaze.

Is Katarko a christian community? Where students of college of Agric are butchered and shot on sight.

Is Potiskum a christian community where bomb exploded on assembly ground killing many?

Is Mamudo a christian community? Where students are burnt alive and shot in their hostels?

For every one instance of attack on christians in the north, multitude of such incidents occured on Muslims, the chibok abduction for instance affect both Muslims and Christians, and Bh had kidnapped women in thousands where majority are Muslims.

Muslims will gladly appreciate you channelling your attacks on BH only and suggesting ways to bring them down, the christian minorities you are instigating against Muslims are today in the ranks of civilian JTF together with the Muslims fighting Boko Haram.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Inaccurate View Of The North By Southern Nigerians - Mark Amaza by laudate: 3:48pm On Aug 22, 2015
Msquare220:
Mark Amaza (Right of Reply) I am writing this article mainly for the benefit of Southern Nigerians who have never been to the North, and mostly have a warped and inaccurate view of the North. I have been driven to write this out of my many personal experiences, and those of friends and family, as has been shared with me. This is mainly an educative piece about what Northern Nigeria is in reality; a complete, holistic picture of this region.

To make this piece a simple read and easy-to-follow, I am going to write it around five common perceptions about the North and debunk them:

Religious Perception: The general belief held by most Southerners about the North is that the region is not just mainly Muslim, but wholly Muslim. Whenever I meet someone from the South and introduce myself, I am correctly placed as a Christian. But once I am asked my state and I say Borno State, the next question becomes, ‘Are you a Muslim?’ This is despite my name being a very common Biblical name, Mark, which is the second Gospel. Matter of fact, I have been asked that question while attending a church programme, with a Bible conspicuously held in my hands. You could imagine my surprise at that question. .

This article was first written in ThisDay Newspapers. I wish you had cited the source. undecided http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/re-introducing-northern-nigeria-not-as-you-know-it/176756/

I also wish you had also inserted adequate spacing and punctuation marks in your article. By the time I got to the end of the article, I had eye-strain. There is a reason why tools like smilies, colours and fonts were included on NL.

Kindly use them to make your article easier to read. wink

Having said that, I am so thankful for this article for dispelling a few of the myths that have been held for so long about the North, by our Southern brothers. Each time I try to explain, that there are different strides of progress in various areas of the core North, and the almajiri problem, does not typify everyone in the North, a lot of them ignore me. It is amazing what prejudice can do to the minds of men. cry

While I thank God for the improvement that education has brought to the life of your family and so many others, there is still a need to do far more in the North, to ensure that more children of the talakawas can enjoy the benefits of education, graduate with good degrees and use the knowledge they have acquired to improve themselves, their people, their communities and their state. sad

The late Sardauna had a vision for education, that encompassed the whole of the North. Unfortunately, he was cut short before he could actualise most of it. It is sad that none of his lieutenants have been able to replicate and implement that dream. angry

Msquare220:
But this is not due to our inability to comprehend what we are being taught, but rather due to the incompetence of leadership in the region to give education its premium importance as a form of human development. We, like every other human being on the face of this earth, can excel when given the opportunity. Talent and intellect abounds everywhere. Opportunity, however, does not.

You are so-oo-oo right, brother. Pre-ea-ach it!! cool

1 Like

Re: Inaccurate View Of The North By Southern Nigerians - Mark Amaza by laudate: 3:52pm On Aug 22, 2015
trillville:

So the governors of kogi, plateau and benue are Hausa Fulani? And all the senators in kwara and nassarawa are Hausa Fulani?

Ignorance is truly a disease.

Shey, you can see what I mean..? You are very correct! Ignorance is truly a disease.

1 Like

Re: Inaccurate View Of The North By Southern Nigerians - Mark Amaza by laudate: 3:58pm On Aug 22, 2015
otr1:
That was how an idiiot who knows less to nothing about me said I "parabulated in school" on this forum when I said I'm a northerner.
Funny enough, he doesn't seem to know that North-Central is a part of the "Nigerian North".
He claimed he speaks three main indigenous Nigerian languages, yet so ignorant.
It's so annoying hearing the so-called Southerners who had never for once came top above me in academic performance, right from elementary school to the University, accusing me of "prarabulating in school. It's sickening and so pathetic.

Bros, I know exactly how you feel. sad But then, what you do is to either ignore them, or refute their allegations with fact, figures and data.

What saddens me is that very few leaders in the North, have implemented adequate and appropriate development programmes that would improve the lot of their citizens and boost their welfare. sad

I guess, that is why too many Southerners feel the North is backward.
Re: Inaccurate View Of The North By Southern Nigerians - Mark Amaza by laudate: 4:01pm On Aug 22, 2015
dokiOloye:
I rep Biu ppl in Borno state.
Highly educated and exposed peeps.

Very funny! sad

Where did you get your moniker from??
Re: Inaccurate View Of The North By Southern Nigerians - Mark Amaza by omoelesa(m): 4:15pm On Aug 22, 2015
Religion extrimism is the bane of the north.
Re: Inaccurate View Of The North By Southern Nigerians - Mark Amaza by carnegiefan: 4:22pm On Aug 22, 2015
OP, the simplest way to solve this problem is to allow ethnicity to be part of the biometric information collected during census 2016.
Tell your Northern brothers to stop fighting it.
They are fighting it because it may show that Igbo (and not Hausa) are the single largest ethnic group in Nigeria.
You cannot keep quiet at that deceit (when it favors you) and then turn around to blame us for calling you all Hausa/Fulani.
You should complain about the political fallacy that the North is one -Hausa/Fulani- which you have used over the years to dominate Nigeria politically, and rule as you want.
Let the truth be spoken even if heavens fall!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Inaccurate View Of The North By Southern Nigerians - Mark Amaza by citizenY(m): 4:57pm On Aug 22, 2015
^^^^^^

Grow up... a vote is a vote... no colour no tribe.... Card reader is your friend. Is the SE monolithic YES/NO

1 Like

Re: Inaccurate View Of The North By Southern Nigerians - Mark Amaza by DonXavi(m): 5:14pm On Aug 22, 2015
H
Re: Inaccurate View Of The North By Southern Nigerians - Mark Amaza by Msquare220: 5:40pm On Aug 22, 2015
laudate:

This article was first written in ThisDay Newspapers. I wish you had cited the source. undecided

I also wish you had also inserted adequate spacing and punctuation marks in your article. By the time I got to the end of the article, I had eye-strain. There is a reason why tools like smilies, colours and fonts were included on NL.

Kindly use them to make your article easier to read. wink

Having said that, I am so thankful for this article for dispelling a few of the myths that have been held for so long about the North, by our Southern brothers. Each time I try to explain, that there are different strides of progress in various areas of the core North, and the almajiri problem, does not typify everyone in the North, a lot of them ignore me. It is amazing what prejudice can do to the minds of men. cry

While I thank God for the improvement that education has brought to the life of your family and so many others, there is still a need to do far more in the North, to ensure that more children of the talakawas can enjoy the benefits of education, graduate with good degrees and use the knowledge they have acquired to improve themselves, their people, their communities and their state. sad

The late Sardauna had a vision for education, that encompassed the whole of the North. Unfortunately, he was cut short before he could actualise most of it. It is sad that none of his lieutenants have been able to replicate and implement that dream. angry

You are so-oo-oo right, brother. Pre-ea-ach it!! cool
Thank you Sir, i'm sorry about the Source, line spacing, proper punctuation marks, not using of tools, colours and smiley.
Lastly I'm sorry for the asthenopia, pray for relieve.

1 Like

Re: Inaccurate View Of The North By Southern Nigerians - Mark Amaza by otr1(m): 6:16pm On Aug 22, 2015
Afam4eva:

The ignorance is not limited to southerners. I have on several occasions witnessed where some middlebelters were arguing about how they're not northerners but middlebelters. They think being called Northrrners meant that they're Hausa or Muslim without realizing that the term " North" is just a geographical convenience.
Most probably because most Southerners sees anything "North" as backward and Northerners as Moslems, Hausas and people who cheat their ways to the top.
People who display this kind of ignorance that I know personally, have one thing in common; they've not travelled much.

1 Like

Re: Inaccurate View Of The North By Southern Nigerians - Mark Amaza by Kingspin(m): 6:16pm On Aug 22, 2015
Op, am ok with what u stated above but i cant agree less that u people join hands indirectly to some greater issues about Nigeria. What am i saying? Why do the like of Atiku, IBB, BUHARI, KANO state and few segregated individual decisions overshadow the entire 19 Northern states? I mean we need to see clearly a cut view/opinion of the NE,Ncentral and the rest as regard to Nigerian co-existence and development.

2 Likes

Re: Inaccurate View Of The North By Southern Nigerians - Mark Amaza by Nobody: 6:28pm On Aug 22, 2015
That's how they tell you it's all nice and sweet until they put a dagger to your throat. grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Inaccurate View Of The North By Southern Nigerians - Mark Amaza by ItsMeAboki(m): 7:07pm On Aug 22, 2015
EasternLion:

Abokina or Aboki in short form is ...

Aboki no be mumu, it is kwanfam aboki, kai minini legit aboki.

By the same token: Nyamiri or Flat Head na legit animal angry

Abeg, make una help me judge:
persin wey dey use leg kick im papa wake from sleep na persin?
persin wey dey rape dem mothers & grand mothers na persin?
persins wey dey breed themselves for baby factories like animals na persin?
persins wey dey make dem widows drink dead body water na persin?
persin wey dey sell im own pickin for money na persin?
persin wey dey chop another human being as food na persin?
Persins wey dem born to hate & disrespect na persin?
persins wey dem curse with crime for inside their DNA na persin?

Then how come one of these nyamiri animals get mouth abuse other ppl?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Inaccurate View Of The North By Southern Nigerians - Mark Amaza by Sweetlemon(f): 7:14pm On Aug 22, 2015
Thanks op. I'm always trying to explain this to people.
Northern Nigeria is a beautiful place. I remember arriving Kaduna as a corper. I was very ashamed of the negative notions I had about the place! I have never been more welcomed anywhere else in Nigeria. I cried the day I was going back to Lagos. This is why I'm a firm believer of NYSC.

NaijaForLyf Jare!
#ArrogantlyNaija

Make who no like am go jump for Lagoon on a rainy day.

2 Likes

Re: Inaccurate View Of The North By Southern Nigerians - Mark Amaza by olawalepopoola: 8:01pm On Aug 22, 2015
It is a pity that we Nigerians are tribalistic. I was fortunate to serve in Wurno village of Birin Kudu LGA of Jigawa state in 2010. I am a yoruba and a christian. In fact this write is nothing but the whole truth. Intellectually, the northerns are good. A friend of mine from the University of Jos, from Plateau south, came for a masters degree in FUTA and we happen to be in the same class and option. This guy was the best in our class. He is a christian. In Jigawa state, I learnt a lot about the Hausa culture and I found that muslims in Jigawa south from Dutse to Kigawa and Birin Kudu are lovely to christains as long as you do not preach against their religion! In Dutse I met a trained pharmacist who happened to be a Fulani, he speaks fluent english than even southerners. In Birin Kudu, I met an Architect, who assisted me in drawing the plan of the MDG/NYSC secondary in Wurno, which happen to be my personal CDS. I also taught as an extra mural class, an Hausa boy in the village in a science college, who is bent on becoming a medical doctor. In that village where I served, they produced they state auditor general as at that time and had two professors. We should try and travel and see other peoples' culture

3 Likes

Re: Inaccurate View Of The North By Southern Nigerians - Mark Amaza by knowledgeable: 8:12pm On Aug 22, 2015
fulanimafia:

You're not making any sense, face your Biafra struggle, it just might be considered.

Believe me fulanimafia, nothing personal, even if Igbos get their "Biafra" or not, fulani/hausa in Nigeria, must own up to wanton destruction of life and properties of their fellow Africans in the name of Islam or brevity as their culture demands of them. The wanton destruction of innocent Nigerian lives by fulani herdsmen slaughtering unhindered in plateau, middle belt and bokoharam committing genocide of unimaginable proportion cannot just be wished away both in the present and history by your glamourlising, the beauty of way laid out streets in the North (resources from mostly Christian regions) or me facing my Biafra struggle. Nigeria could have being Great and sweet, but you hausa/fulani have arrogantly and in sensitively decided otherwise.

5 Likes

Re: Inaccurate View Of The North By Southern Nigerians - Mark Amaza by yang(m): 8:26pm On Aug 22, 2015
wonders shall never end

aboki talk say he no be aboki

well, thats none of my business

when your hausa/fulani brothers were killing southerners in the North in 1966, you did not know you were a christian

when saradauna and his fellow house of assembly of the northern regional government started the nepotism and genocide against igbos on the floor of the northen house of assembly, you did not know you were not a Northerner

Today Boko Haram is killing people per second in North and Biafra is declared and you now know you are a christian

You my friend are a hypocrite

One Nigeria Gbakwaa oku

3 Likes

Re: Inaccurate View Of The North By Southern Nigerians - Mark Amaza by laudate: 9:31pm On Aug 22, 2015
yang:
wonders shall never end

aboki talk say he no be aboki

well, thats none of my business

when your hausa/fulani brothers were killing southerners in the North in 1966, you did not know you were a christian

when saradauna and his fellow house of assembly of the northern regional government started the nepotism and genocide against igbos on the floor of the northen house of assembly, you did not know you were not a Northerner

Today Boko Haram is killing people per second in North and Biafra is declared and you now know you are a christian

You my friend are a hypocrite

One Nigeria Gbakwaa oku

What makes him a hypocrite?

When Boko Haram decides to strike, do you think they will ask if you are a Northerner or a Southerner before killing you? Do you know how many muslim and Christian Northerners also lost their lives during riots in the North?? shocked

Do you know how many Northerners have been killed by Boko Haram?

Why cant you educate yourself? Honestly, ignorance is a problem...I pray you receive enlightenment someday.

When OMATA boys were causing riots and mayhem in Onitsha some years ago and some Igbo people lost their lives, would you say that all Igbo people are uneducated thugs, who are experts in street-fighting?? When prominent Igbo sons and daughters were being abducted by kidnappers sometime ago, would you say all Igbo people are kidnappers, or that kidnapping is an industry in the South-East?? shocked

When the Area Boys of Lagos attack traders in Idumota, and loot property and shops during riots in addition to causing bodily harm and deaths, would you say all Yoruba people are unruly?? angry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Inaccurate View Of The North By Southern Nigerians - Mark Amaza by Sweetlemon(f): 9:36pm On Aug 22, 2015
laudate:

When Boko Haram decides to strike, do you think they will ask if you are a Northerner or a Southerner before killing you? Do you know how many muslim and Christian Northerners also lost their lives during riots in the North?? shocked

Why cant you educate yourself? Honestly, ignorance is a problem...I pray you receive enlightenment someday.

When OMATA boys were causing riots and mayhem in Onitsha some years ago and some Igbo people lost their lives, would you say that all Igbo people are uneducated thugs, who are experts in street-fighting?? When prominent Igbo sons and daughters were being abducted by kidnappers sometime ago, would you say all Igbo people are kidnappers, or that kidnapping is an industry in the South-East?? shocked

When the Area Boys of Lagos attack traders in Idumota, and loot property and shops during riots in addition to causing bodily harm and deaths, would you say all Yoruba people are unruly?? angry

One big bottle of orijin for you jare.

1 Like

Re: Inaccurate View Of The North By Southern Nigerians - Mark Amaza by laudate: 9:39pm On Aug 22, 2015
Sweetlemon:

One big bottle of orijin for you jare.

Babe, how you dey?? wink wink
Re: Inaccurate View Of The North By Southern Nigerians - Mark Amaza by IdisuleOurOwn(m): 9:52pm On Aug 22, 2015
laudate:

Yang, come and answer this guy or hide your head in shame.
And never comment on anything you don't know.
Re: Inaccurate View Of The North By Southern Nigerians - Mark Amaza by Sweetlemon(f): 9:55pm On Aug 22, 2015
laudate:

Babe, how you dey?? wink wink

I dey kampe! I dey groove now wink
Re: Inaccurate View Of The North By Southern Nigerians - Mark Amaza by Nobody: 12:45am On Aug 23, 2015
Sweetlemon:
Northern Nigeria is a beautiful place. I remember arriving Kaduna as a corper. I was very ashamed of the negative notions I had about the place! I have never been more welcomed anywhere else in Nigeria. I cried the day I was going back to Lagos. This is why I'm a firm believer of NYSC.

NaijaForLyf Jare!
#ArrogantlyNaija

I grew up in kaduna and I can tell you a lot about Kaduna than your numbskull can comprehend.

Stop reminding us that you are a graduate.

ODE

2 Likes

Re: Inaccurate View Of The North By Southern Nigerians - Mark Amaza by Nobody: 12:49am On Aug 23, 2015
Sweetlemon:

NaijaForLyf Jare!
#ArrogantlyNaija

Tell us where you served in kaduna and stop fooling yourself as if you missed KD rather you missed the Alhaji in Kawo that takes you out.

We know people like you annd the best thing they can do with their life

2 Likes

Re: Inaccurate View Of The North By Southern Nigerians - Mark Amaza by laudate: 1:04am On Aug 23, 2015
PROVACATEUR:
I grew up in kaduna and I can tell you a lot about Kaduna than your numbskull can comprehend.

Stop reminding us that you are a graduate.

ODE

You signed up on Nairaland just one month ago, and you have joined the internet bashing team. Something tells me that it was your antics that got you banned, before you chose this moniker. What was your name in your former life on NL?? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Inaccurate View Of The North By Southern Nigerians - Mark Amaza by laudate: 2:13am On Aug 23, 2015
Going through the article again on ThisDay Newspapers website, I was struck by some of the responses to Mark Azama's article. I just want to post one of them here: It boils down to the question of ethnic groups and personal identity. undecided

Rufus:

Mark Amaza, Thanks for this piece. Coming from Taraba with a Fulani surname, I've had a fair share of criticism....just wait till I wear a caftan, speak Hausa and still say I am not Hausa....the assumer goes blank.

I know the Muslim far north will disagree with you position simply as a reaction to the thought that their voice is been diminished but this is truth. Kano State has an LG (Sumuila LGA) which is over 70% christian. sad

There are christians in Sokoto, Zamfara, Kebbi (Matsihiyawa) who have little or no voice. I understand that your article is to create awareness rather than a divide and I do hope the myopic south understands this, having worked in Lagos, Port-Harcourt and visiting lots of southern cities; undecided

Most can't believe that someone from my village of Takum does not understand Hausa....even in Niger state, I found Nupes who speak Yoruba and not a word in Hausa.....thanks once again. The region called North...in the minds on many Nigerians is more imaginary than geographical. wink
http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/re-introducing-northern-nigeria-not-as-you-know-it/176756/

Here is another response to the same article from the same site:

jonasodocha: • a year ago
Mark, thanks a million for this thoughtful piece. Really majority of Nigerians know little to nothing about their country. Unfortunately too, history as a subject has been surreptitiously deleted from early-learning school curriculum.

Perceptions mature into reality, when not adequately explained. If most Nigerians knew better, there would be less room for all this collective hatred and condemnation. In all this I still lay the blame at the doorsteps of the Nigerian elite generally, and the political class in particular. Why?

The poor farmer in my village does not care much about other farmers from neighboring villages bringing their farm produce to our village market.

Let me illustrate with a personal experience which remains indelible in my heart. The lowly, but contented Ojo family [Yoruba] in Osi Ekiti that harboured me for 3 months during our UI final year geology field work in 1972 and treated me [an Ibo] as their own son, did not see me as a non-Yoruba then. undecided

But divisive tendencies encourage this group or collective hatred or resentment. Let me illustrate with an example from the academia and citadel of learning. It is when a Professor aspires to, prematurely, become a Vice Chancellor that he begins to whip up ethnicity and or religion in order to oust an incumbent from outside his own state or zone. sad

Such tendencies becloud our sense of belonging and oneness. This attitude is prevalent among other elitist walks of life and callings, not least the political class. We need to know and understand ourselves better. It is a tool for engendering Love among the citizenry. kiss

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/re-introducing-northern-nigeria-not-as-you-know-it/176756/
Re: Inaccurate View Of The North By Southern Nigerians - Mark Amaza by c33b33(m): 2:41am On Aug 23, 2015
You all speak hausa language which means you have something in common. What about Food,dressing,and maybe traditional festival?
The Fulanis are radical migrants and seeking the end of those who bear your name and those who practice CHRISTAINITY .
What are you guys doing about it?

Even in Bauchi they are not happy a Christain is the Speaker of Reps,and they closed down all government owned school during the moslem fasting.

Your Leaders are corrupt religious bigots,that's what you should be preaching.

IPOB Youth

3 Likes

Re: Inaccurate View Of The North By Southern Nigerians - Mark Amaza by Nobody: 2:41am On Aug 23, 2015
Sometimes I get to read stories by some Yorubas of how Hausa-Fulani-Kanuri people have always been peace-loving and accommodative of the Igbos in the North. That it was the Igbos living in the North that provoked the people and that warranted the pogrom against the Igbos and the counter-coup of 1966.

The issue that's mind boggling is, do the Christian minorities in the North and the Middle-belt receive such accommodative spirit as it is being championed in certain sections of the the media? 

For many decades now Fulani herdsmen have continued to exhibit despicable attitudes and heartlessness with reckless abandon, trespassing on indigenous peasants' farmlands, destroying their crops, killing the people and chasing them far away from their ancestral lands. 

How many sustained campaigns have been raised using the numerous media outfits, vehemently condemning the heinous act, with a view to arresting the ugly trend?

All animals are equal but some definitely are more equal than the order, in this forced union of strange bedfellows!

Austin4lif:
Am never a Fan of this Kalu of a guy, what am concerned of is the northern domination of the minority groups in Nigeria. If you visit Kano, u will see hausa people claiming the birth right of Nigeria.

Those from the east,west and south are being regarded as foreigners in same Nigeria in Kano state. You dont have equal rights like those who are from there. Travel to Zamfara state, u will see the highest level of religious intolerance. The state school of health is an epitome of islamabad, Christians especially the girls were forced to put on Hijab b4 entering class.

Who says that it is only Boko haram that want to force us to islam? Travel also to katsina state were it is a sin to be called igbo or a Christian even though there are minority christians from that state who are known as the"maguzawa" go to kebbi you will not have permit to build ur church and u will be harassed to pay tax by the local authorities even though hausa people are not goood in paying for Govt facilities. 
Only in Nigeria u will see Emirs with exotic cars and nobody is asking how did they get the money even though many of our igwe's and oba's don't even own a car.
Is only in Nigeria most mosques dnt pay NEPA bill and water Bills. Only in Nigeria will u see a particular ethnic group dominating all the sectors of the economy
Imokay:
Some pictures here will disturb you, but please this madness must stop.Something is hurting me and as each day goes by, it gets worse.

The blogs rarely report this. Its voice is muted on TV and radio. But for us that are affected, this voice is loud. Sometimes it is a shout, sometimes it is a cry, sometimes it is a prayer, sometimes it is just a hollow empty sound.
Berom people are being wiped out one family at a time. It started 14years ago. Our men, our women, our children are being murdered on the streets, on their farms, in their sleep, on the way to school and sometimes still in the womb.
The culprits are called Unknown gunmen. They are unknown to the security agencies, unknown to the bloggers, unknown to TV, Radio and Newspapers. They are most terrifyingly unknown to the presidency. Funny thing is if you ask a 3 year old Berom boy who they are, he will tell you. I heard a statement from the FG vowing to deal with cattle rustlers and to protect cattle rearers. The Fulanis that carry AK47s alongside their sticks?But nothing was said of the farmers (Beroms). So who will protect the farmers? Who will protect their families from the cattle rearers?
My mother’s village is practically empty. The women and children are squatting in town. The men form bands, like vigilantes knowing that they cannot turn their backs away from their ancestral lands or they will be lost forever.
That is the plan. Shey you all know. It is a war to claim territory." We make their villages unsafe, they run away and we can roam and graze freely. 100years from now, no one will dispute it is ours." It is a long term plan but one family a night, in a year thousands are killed year in year out and the plan is taking shape.
A chemical explosion at British America in Lamingo area in Jos and the Federal Government orders an investigation. Families are being snuffed out, not a word. He is chasing money for people that are dying. When (if) he gets this money, how many will be alive to benefit from it? I am speaking about my people, who are displaced all over plateau state. In my family house in Jos, we cook with a huge pot outside. I cannot tell you how much it costs. We will bear the cost, if only we knew when help will come.
The rest of Nigeria is looking at the North East, but they have hope. Who is looking at the North Central? We are looking at ourselves. When people from Benue speak, we understand only too well.
Someone asked what the security agencies are doing, we are asking the same. I remember when the soldiers in Vom were pursued by women baring their breasts. They were camping in the midst of Vom people and still families were being killed.
I understand America’s unwillingness to give up their guns. Too many crazy people. If the Berom people decided to bear arms, who in honesty will blame them? How do you look at the corpses of children with their milky bloody brains on the floor next to their severed heads and not burn with murderous rage? How do you look at young pretty girls wearing tights in the Jos morning cold strewn on the floor in awkward positions on half harvested potato farms and not want vengeance? How do you wrap the bodies of your 65 year old uncle, his younger brother, his wife and two children in wrappers and lay them side by side in a large dug out red dirt ditch and still feel human? How does a mother stop being a mother when her breasts are still leaking with milk for a baby hacked to death with a cutlass? She would hug the older children for comfort, only they were killed too.
And O ye kinsmen of Fulani, that jump into every thread and talk about how much cattle the Fulani have lost. Can you help us do a body count? Count your cattle and victims and we will count just our bodies. If ours is higher, will you stop? Will your thirsty god finally be appeased? I am equating the lives of my people to your cows. I am to understand they are precious to you. You have killed our old, young and the babies. You have spared no one.
I call on President Buhari because he said he is for us all. Not just the cattle rearers.
Plateau state voted almost 50%, hear our cries.
Lastly, no one should mention graze reserves. You cannot soak a land with the blood of its indigenes and then hand it over to their killers. Your cows will be eating blood grass.As i was putting this piece together, new cries, young able bodied men,with lives snuffed out of them by unknown gun men. Help us please, come to our aid........people here that campaigned, hep us get the president, maybe no one is telling him. We learn from the last administration, that people in power can be isolated from things happening and that was or confidence i this new administration. The President must hear, know and act.
Ya Yesu Adagwi, see our tears. Save our children.

Pix 1 and 2 Pictures of the victims.
Pix 3 Victims murdered in cold blood.

"The new nation called Nigeria should be an estate of our great grand father, Othman Danfodio. We must ruthlessly prevent a change of power. We must use minorities in the North as willing tools and South as conquered territories and never allow them to rule over us or have control over their future
- Sir Ahmadu Bello, October 12,  1960

Austin4lif:
if not for the Grace of God I would have been death by the Fulani/hausa machine guns. Heavy machine Guns was shot in my area for 3 hours, no police and army from the Z00 come to help us. We have to use cutlass and stones to defend ourselves. It would have been a disaster even though we lost some gallant igbo youths who fought them with some northern Christians. The machine Guns shake houses wen fired, even the army don't have such guns but youths still confronted them. Nobody is asking who bought the Guns for them, can a koro seller or a tomato seller afford to buy SMG? Some stupid pple will come here and be shouting one Nigeria , sai Buhari. Go to Riyom in plateau state, go to Rigasa in kaduna, go to wadel in kano state, u will know that we are not one Nigeria.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Atiku Responds To I Go Dye's Accusations / Oyo: PDP Congratulates Makinde On Victory At Tribunal / APC Sabotaging Security Architecture, Electoral Reforms, Others – PDP Governors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.