Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,387 members, 7,808,367 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:02 AM

If Twitter Dies Today! Whats The Fate Of The Likes Of Omojuwa. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If Twitter Dies Today! Whats The Fate Of The Likes Of Omojuwa. (821 Views)

Buhari Asked El-Rufai To Write Leaked Memo At Daura Meeting - Omojuwa, Authority / With The Likes Of Yakubu, More Dangerous Recessions Might Be Waiting For Us / If Buhari Dies Today, It's Because Nigerians Killed Him - APGA Chairman Ike Oye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

If Twitter Dies Today! Whats The Fate Of The Likes Of Omojuwa. by lurther: 11:51am On Aug 22, 2015
Hello peeps!

Just wondering this beautiful saturday morning. So! There is this guy I follow on twitter, I wouldn't call his name here! He claims to be a motivational speaker and a youth leader. For the records! I know this guy in person, but we are not friends. He has no viable job other than tweeting on leadership issues and promoting seminars or workshops on leadership skills. This is what he is known for. And his major platform of doing this his self-made job (which I do encourage), is twitter.

So! I have been seeing his series of tweets this morning promoting a leadership organisation and also luring people with the price of 100000 naira if they can answer some easy leadership questions. This got me thinking. People actually are being paid on for their endorsements of tweets by companies, individual and organisations.

In America, it is a well-know fact that the highest paid athlete for endorsing and tweeting products is lebron james. He is being paid almost 120thousand dollars for a sentence. The likes of mayweather, Ronaldo etc also earn big pay tweeting for companies.

This individuals have jobs that are well-paid and they all use twitter or social media as a side source of income because of their popularity.

Now, we have the likes of Omojuwa in Nigeria, who do not have any known job other than twitter. They are being paid for tweeting and promoting issues in Nigeria. Omojuwa has even verified his twitter account because this is his source of income as we all know. They are lots of people following Omojuwa's line now and are building a followership base so as to be able to attract publicity that they can do this business.

The question is! Like so many social media platforms that have come and gone due to stiff competitions, newer and better social media platforms come, if twitter is no longer fashionable like it is now showing signs of that, because of the shift towards instagram, how would people like Omojuwa survive?

(1) (Reply)

Group Asks Igbo To Approach Buhari With Humility- Vanguard / Commission Of Inquiry - Amaechi Sacked Cabinet To Award Monorail Project / Ben Bruce Blames Tribalism, Religion For The Death Of Nigerian Airways.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.