Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,432 members, 7,808,545 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:17 PM

See How Our Children Are Quietly Been Indoctrinated - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / See How Our Children Are Quietly Been Indoctrinated (73321 Views)

Study Reveals That Second Born Children Are More Likely To Be Criminals (details / Why Are Our Children No More Intelligent? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See How Our Children Are Quietly Been Indoctrinated by funkybully(f): 3:29am On Aug 23, 2015
nochildsplay:
Won't be surprise if it's one yeebhoes guy thatsa behind this

Any way na way

Cowardly yourobbber Bastard!

1 Like

Re: See How Our Children Are Quietly Been Indoctrinated by Truckpusher(m): 3:32am On Aug 23, 2015
Ishilove:
I don't believe this. Photoshop in action. I will only believe it when I hold the book in my hands and confirm for myself.
That's the right thing to do.
Re: See How Our Children Are Quietly Been Indoctrinated by sanitylord: 4:36am On Aug 23, 2015
av read a book like that when i was in secondary..my school bought the book in bulk as they heard it would help our WAEC but had to return it when they saw the stuff.........most people said its a way to prevent piracy,photocopy etc as those watermark writings will appear boldly more than the main writings if that texbook is photocopied or pirated...........*.Am Proudly Nigerian*

1 Like

Re: See How Our Children Are Quietly Been Indoctrinated by sunnyb0b0(m): 5:01am On Aug 23, 2015
whitecloth:
This is serious o.
I've got a textbook with me here, its an ETF Project so no one can say its pirated, but the evil sublime message is still there.

Please check.

Who is behind all this?

Snap s picture of your own textbook and upload here.
Re: See How Our Children Are Quietly Been Indoctrinated by sunnyb0b0(m): 5:02am On Aug 23, 2015
mployer:

It is the original copy bro

Upload a picture of the one you have mate.
Re: See How Our Children Are Quietly Been Indoctrinated by wordfare77(m): 5:26am On Aug 23, 2015
Africana indeed. But how come? shocked[sup][/sup]
Re: See How Our Children Are Quietly Been Indoctrinated by trapQ: 5:29am On Aug 23, 2015
you can't decipher real from fake. what will people gain by "photo shopping" that?
Ishilove:
I don't believe this. Photoshop in action. I will only believe it when I hold the book in my hands and confirm for myself.
Re: See How Our Children Are Quietly Been Indoctrinated by RichDad1(m): 5:43am On Aug 23, 2015
I used Abott and Okeke and noticing like this ever occur. Although, it's almost two decades now. coolcool
Re: See How Our Children Are Quietly Been Indoctrinated by juliusjulius: 5:47am On Aug 23, 2015
www.nairaland.com/2542882/registration-close-please

I apologize for bothering you with my problems.
I'm an extra year student of oau Ile-Ife, and I'm encountering problem in paying for the extra session

Registration Will Soon Close, Please Help Me.

Re: See How Our Children Are Quietly Been Indoctrinated by Mordyb: 6:00am On Aug 23, 2015
So you are telling me that the ministries of education in the 36state and the federal level could not detect this despite the fact that are responsible for our curriculum and recommended books. I pray mediocrity does not bury this country Nigeria
Re: See How Our Children Are Quietly Been Indoctrinated by Johnstevey2k(m): 6:03am On Aug 23, 2015
I can't see it clearly.
Re: See How Our Children Are Quietly Been Indoctrinated by Nobody: 6:13am On Aug 23, 2015
You guys are not thinking at all! So you all forgot what is called piracy? You think a publisher will destroy his business for some cheap stunt? That book sales more than any other copy of physics! I used the very first edition as a jambite and all my time teaching physic most of my students is what they use. I think its enemies of progress that did that. I am aware of pirated book from China and India that looks so original. Think well.

1 Like

Re: See How Our Children Are Quietly Been Indoctrinated by Nobody: 6:20am On Aug 23, 2015
RichDad1:
I used Abott and Okeke and noticing like this ever occur. Although, it's almost two decades now. coolcool
The very first edition of that book was 2001. I bought it as back up to prepare for my Jamb.It was sold for N800 then at Ariaria. It changed the way I knew physics. The writer co-authored Principles of Physics with P.N. Okeke. Having had his name relegated in the text, he opted out and wrote new school physics which became what would be termed double platinum hit if its music. That book has lots of enemies. its suppressing every other physics text in market.
Re: See How Our Children Are Quietly Been Indoctrinated by eagleeye2: 6:21am On Aug 23, 2015
Those messages are not for our children, but for those whose business is PIRACY. Methinks the publishers put in those messages there in the Water mark, which will not be visible unless when it's pirated.
But unfortunately, the Pirates no send them message. And that is the result.

2 Likes

Re: See How Our Children Are Quietly Been Indoctrinated by mmsen: 6:22am On Aug 23, 2015
The good thing is that the English taught to many of these children is often so bad that they may not know what these words mean.

6 Likes

Re: See How Our Children Are Quietly Been Indoctrinated by HDee(m): 6:25am On Aug 23, 2015
Where did you buy your books from.. You gotta check from the bookstore to confirm dis.
Re: See How Our Children Are Quietly Been Indoctrinated by 247notire(m): 6:26am On Aug 23, 2015
Looks obviously a fake copy. Nothing like that in the original textbook.
Re: See How Our Children Are Quietly Been Indoctrinated by onyii4ev: 6:37am On Aug 23, 2015
Confirmed it's not photoshopped. Education authorities need to look into this.

Just me[b] FoReVeR[/b]
Re: See How Our Children Are Quietly Been Indoctrinated by Kingbilo(m): 6:38am On Aug 23, 2015
Viktor1983:

See how u come on here filled with hate.
Publishers put such water marks on their books so that when it is pirated the marks will show, But in the original copies its not there
Reason for the evil sublimal message is because u have a pirated copy

Good point..but why would they go to such lengths abusing the child instead of just saying the book is pirated
Re: See How Our Children Are Quietly Been Indoctrinated by ope2711(m): 6:40am On Aug 23, 2015
Autolord:
What is my useless father doing about this?

get well soon
Re: See How Our Children Are Quietly Been Indoctrinated by urchbarbie(f): 6:41am On Aug 23, 2015
what I think is that the Original has this inscriptions in a dimmed version. its gets clear when photocopied by pirates I think. I think its d authors way to expose pirates, but its just backfired. IMO

1 Like

Re: See How Our Children Are Quietly Been Indoctrinated by engrshakespeare: 6:42am On Aug 23, 2015
ladyF:
Lol see our future leaders o

Hehehe last to make FP

Its [size=20pt]LadyF[/size] again grin grin grin

Your immaturity is legendary, why is frontpage so important to you.
Re: See How Our Children Are Quietly Been Indoctrinated by Nobody: 6:42am On Aug 23, 2015
Ishilove:

Mehn to be honest with you, you have know mentality seriously, why would any one want to photoshop a book and still create a scene outta it knowing fully well the book will be checked?
Re: See How Our Children Are Quietly Been Indoctrinated by Kingbilo(m): 6:45am On Aug 23, 2015
mmsen:
The good thing is that the English taught to many of these children is often so bad that they may not know what these words mean.
angry grin

That's just terrible
Re: See How Our Children Are Quietly Been Indoctrinated by Kingbilo(m): 6:50am On Aug 23, 2015
urchbarbie:
what I think is that the Original has this inscriptions in a dimmed version. its gets clear when photocopied by pirates I think. I think its d authors way to expose pirates, but its just backfired. IMO

Yeah.. If that is the case, they need to change the message so it's not directed to the customer.. The unfortunate thing here is that this is probably the only way to get people's attention so they stop buying pirated. If it just said it was pirated but all the info was correct and the book is cheaper only 10%will care.. And they still won't be able to find the original anyway
Re: See How Our Children Are Quietly Been Indoctrinated by Kingbilo(m): 6:53am On Aug 23, 2015
Meanwhile OP there is no proof to say these messages are a means of indoctrination into anything

Mods please change the topic to something more realistic..

Have you ever been initiated into secret cult where they dey insult your fada and you moda tongue
Re: See How Our Children Are Quietly Been Indoctrinated by vivaciousvivi(f): 6:57am On Aug 23, 2015
People, come on! Thais can't be real
Re: See How Our Children Are Quietly Been Indoctrinated by Danosaur007(m): 6:59am On Aug 23, 2015
eddyline:

funny, you just reminded me of Thomas in the Bible
bliv or nt.. Its real.. i av exactly d same textbook.. with dis same words
Re: See How Our Children Are Quietly Been Indoctrinated by naijafresh: 7:10am On Aug 23, 2015
The owner of the copyright watermarked the book to prevent illegal photocopying. It's a common practice with on-line books, you can read or remove the watermark when you buy a 'legitimate' copy. I said legitimate not fake, please look up the word legitimate in the dictionary you will see the Nigerian version of your dictionary has the word greyed out.

To see how desperate some people are they ignored the watermark and went ahead and made copies. Ask the local publishers were they got the original manuscript files they used to publish the book from.

And of course Nigerians as usual think it's to do with the occult or perhaps the white man trying to indoctrinate their kids and sew the seeds of hatred. They don't need to do that, they are happy with the work done by our fellow Nigerians especially the politicians.

4 Likes

Re: See How Our Children Are Quietly Been Indoctrinated by profjeff(m): 7:15am On Aug 23, 2015
This is serious
Re: See How Our Children Are Quietly Been Indoctrinated by Anthony0094(m): 7:16am On Aug 23, 2015
I use new school physics during my own time and it helped me alot

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Governor Shettima Awards Scholarship To Galadima Isreal, Highest In JAMB Scorer / Truth Or Dare Sex Video: Chrisland, The Parents Or The Girl - Who Is To Blame? / Girl Blames ASUU For Masturbating All The Time, Begs Them To Call Off Strike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.