Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,514 members, 7,808,877 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:26 PM

FG Reverts The Decision To Upgrade Colleges Of Education To Universities - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / FG Reverts The Decision To Upgrade Colleges Of Education To Universities (31762 Views)

JAMB Fixes Cut Off Marks For Universities, Polytechnics, Colleges Of Education / Why Females Prefer Colleges Of Education, Polytechnics – Stakeholders / JAMB Withdraws 2016 Admission Lists Sent To Universities, Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Reverts The Decision To Upgrade Colleges Of Education To Universities by iswallker(m): 12:14am On Aug 23, 2015
thekingsmen:
Buhari is an enemy of progress....

why is he trying so hard to rubbish the achievements of his predecessor

Does he think Nigeria is his private estate where out of vengeance and retribution he can dish out orders and decrees without recourse to how it may affect the masses.. for Heaven sake the colleges of education were just upgraded to universities of education and still cater to the grooming of teachers and other teaching oriented professions, y the reversal.. Y not equip the said universities, is government no longer a going concern??

Ordinarily, there shoudn't be any diffference in the quality of education one must receive at any of this institutions be it universities, polytechnics or colleges of education. Whatever status they bear must not limit their proper equipment and structuring to meet standard educational needs..

However, in the context of the Nigeria educational structure and systems, with the ever present discrimination meted out to students from polytechnics and colleges of educations, there needs to be some adjustments, and i think this was what prompted the decision to the upgrade of this institutions to universities...

also this institutions; Alvan for example have being running affiliated programs with other universities(UNN in the case of Alvan) for many years now and already have the structures in place for upgrades.. so the policy reversal with all its political undertones is totally wrong.

If he goes ahead with this, i hope he also reverts the other universities established mostly in the north during the past administration

Nigeria ntorrrr

Wailer alert!!!
Re: FG Reverts The Decision To Upgrade Colleges Of Education To Universities by princeade86(m): 6:11am On Aug 23, 2015
OsHYBRID:
Good move...imagine Colleges of Education (not even polytechnics) becoming FEDERAL universities!
how dnt knw how many of u do reasons. can u tell me how many uni of edu we av in dis country? that was why past govnt converted dem, instead of wasting billions or trillions of naira building another one. tell me, we they close it if it is new one they built? dis country can never move forward if we continue to antagonise what d past govn did and we as a citizen, becos of our ignorant 4 d act and support of d party, we said is gud. thanks
Re: FG Reverts The Decision To Upgrade Colleges Of Education To Universities by IYANGBALI: 9:24am On Aug 23, 2015
VickyRotex:

Jeeezzzz!!!

You're Crazy!!!! angry
you no know before?all the mods including seun no say I no well grin
Re: FG Reverts The Decision To Upgrade Colleges Of Education To Universities by zebra(m): 11:54am On Aug 23, 2015
PMB should allow it stay while also empowering polytechnics to run Degree programmes and abolishing the controversial HND certificate. This will stop our teeming youths and prospective students going abroad to remain here in Nigeria and get the desired Degree.
Re: FG Reverts The Decision To Upgrade Colleges Of Education To Universities by Fourwinds: 12:45pm On Aug 23, 2015
brixton:
Bubu is an EP (enemy of progress). He's reversing his predecessor' giant strides and at the same time pushing the nation back. We need even more univ to stop the mass exodus of Nigerians to foreign countries for academic tourism
were d facilities of becoming a university there before d pronouncement by GEJ It is like waking up and calling a dog a lion without first of all considering what make a lion a lion
Re: FG Reverts The Decision To Upgrade Colleges Of Education To Universities by Fourwinds: 12:47pm On Aug 23, 2015
IYANGBALI:
you no know before?all the mods including seun no say I no well grin
lol. Abeg no vex. She no know before
Re: FG Reverts The Decision To Upgrade Colleges Of Education To Universities by bsalva(m): 12:49pm On Aug 23, 2015
superior1:
Wise decision, those schools aren't equipped enough to be labelled Universities
some of the so called universities cannot even match the facilities at The Adeyemi College of Education.
Re: FG Reverts The Decision To Upgrade Colleges Of Education To Universities by Fourwinds: 12:54pm On Aug 23, 2015
princeade86:
how dnt knw how many of u do reasons. can u tell me how many uni of edu we av in dis country? that was why past govnt converted dem, instead of wasting billions or trillions of naira building another one. tell me, we they close it if it is new one they built? dis country can never move forward if we continue to antagonise what d past govn did and we as a citizen, becos of our ignorant 4 d act and support of d party, we said is gud. thanks
it not about making dem uni. Dat is d problem but do they have d facilities of a uni. I can call my dog a lion but does it have d qualities of a lion?
Re: FG Reverts The Decision To Upgrade Colleges Of Education To Universities by Fourwinds: 12:59pm On Aug 23, 2015
anwo247:
A man that forged result, and still forged Math-F9 for himself is sincere enough about his dull satus and dullard-enough about his certificate status.

You don't make this type of people president.

#DauraDullard
nonsense. If he forged his result he would have changed Maths to A1 or at least a credit
Re: FG Reverts The Decision To Upgrade Colleges Of Education To Universities by zebra(m): 3:21pm On Aug 23, 2015
Fourwinds:
nonsense. If he forged his result he would have changed Maths to A1 or at least a credit
Help me tell them o,he would have forged A's all through.

1 Like

Re: FG Reverts The Decision To Upgrade Colleges Of Education To Universities by yatch360: 3:42pm On Aug 23, 2015
emmyrichie:

Hehehehehe... so much for a lady. Having a wicked heart to wish a fellow dead. Wow! If you re a christian or muslim you need to pray for forgiveness of sins and change for the better.

For what God has promised to fight those who fight us and bless those who bless us.

Back to sender.

Now I can see u comprehend something. For a man, u rant too much. talk little but let your words hold much. Learn from me.
Re: FG Reverts The Decision To Upgrade Colleges Of Education To Universities by kehyndey(f): 5:52pm On Aug 23, 2015
IYANGBALI:
see you,simple English you cannot spoke tongue
tenq, d one i have spoked can you spoke it...if yes writed it let us saw it if it we correcting
Re: FG Reverts The Decision To Upgrade Colleges Of Education To Universities by VickyRotex(f): 4:13pm On Aug 24, 2015
IYANGBALI:
you no know before?all the mods including se.un no say I no well grin

Even Yaba Left no fit accomodate you. cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Dr Olumuyiwa Igbalajobi Asks Canadian University To Stop IELTS In Nigeria / Carry Over Is Ruining My Life Please Help Me / Teacher Flogs 1-Year-Old Boy In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.