Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,293 members, 7,807,995 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:52 AM

Born Again Christian Men Don't Cheat . . . - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Born Again Christian Men Don't Cheat . . . (1490 Views)

How Can One Identify A True Born Again Christian? / Why Do Christian Men Remove Their Cap In Church? / A Born Again Christian Is Not A Sinner (even If He Sins) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Born Again Christian Men Don't Cheat . . . by Winnergal(f): 5:33pm On Mar 27, 2009
How true is the saying that born again christian men never cheat on their girlfriends or wives
Re: Born Again Christian Men Don't Cheat . . . by wirinet(m): 5:40pm On Mar 27, 2009
My Sister, it is true that in Theory Born Again men do not cheat on there wifes and they are not supposed to have girl friends, BUT in practice you will find the opposite, they cheat , steal and lie more that the average person (in nigeria that is). Please just conduct a survey using your church or the nearest church, the best place to start your investigation is the Choir or group meetings. you will be shocked.
Re: Born Again Christian Men Don't Cheat . . . by Nobody: 7:07pm On Mar 27, 2009
wirinet:

My Sister, it is true that in Theory Born Again men do not cheat on there wifes and they are not supposed to have girl friends, BUT in practice you will find the opposite, they cheat , steal and lie more that the average person (in nigeria that is). Please just conduct a survey using your church or the nearest church, the best place to start your investigation is the Choir or group meetings. you will be shocked.

and you conducted a scientific study and discovered the above was statistically true? How dishonest.
Re: Born Again Christian Men Don't Cheat . . . by Winnergal(f): 7:08pm On Mar 27, 2009
davidylan:

and you conducted a scientific study and discovered the above was statistically true? How dishonest.

maybe from his (not necessarily personal) experience
Re: Born Again Christian Men Don't Cheat . . . by wirinet(m): 7:21pm On Mar 27, 2009
Thank you winnergal, Some fundamentalist Christian are to blind to reality.

I am talking of personal experience and of those close to me, not to talk of newspaper and magazine reports.

I am not asking you to take my words for it, conduct your own research. also ask the following questions, Are marriages between Christians more successful than other marriages? are Christians more honest than other people?
Re: Born Again Christian Men Don't Cheat . . . by Nobody: 7:33pm On Mar 27, 2009
wirinet:

Thank you winnergal, Some fundamentalist Christian are to blind to reality.

Spare me the drivel pls. How many christians have YOU met personally? Are all of them stealing, lying and cheating on their spouses? You must have terrible friends then because from my personal experience i'd rather christian friends than unbelievers. I know christian men who were virgins till they got married so pls keep quiet.

wirinet:

I am talking of personal experience and of those close to me, not to talk of newspaper and magazine reports.

Like i said, you must be making a very poor choice of friends.

wirinet:

I am not asking you to take my words for it, conduct your own research. also ask the following questions, Are marriages between Christians more successful than other marriages? are Christians more honest than other people?

That is a freaking stupid question . . . why? Because not everyone who necessarily fills in the religion part of the form as "christian" is a genuine child of God (exactly what it means to be born again). Would you then say that muslims are all murderers?
Re: Born Again Christian Men Don't Cheat . . . by Winnergal(f): 7:40pm On Mar 27, 2009
davidylan:

Spare me the drivel pls. How many christians have YOU met personally? Are all of them stealing, lying and cheating on their spouses? You must have terrible friends then because from my personal experience i'd rather christian friends than unbelievers. I know christian men who were virgins till they got married so pls keep quiet.

Like i said, you must be making a very poor choice of friends.

That is a freaking stupid question . . . why? Because not everyone who necessarily fills in the religion part of the form as "christian" is a genuine child of God (exactly what it means to be born again). Would you then say that muslims are all murderers?

I don't think wirinet was referring to all christians . . .
Re: Born Again Christian Men Don't Cheat . . . by wirinet(m): 7:48pm On Mar 27, 2009
Davidylan, i have met a whole lot of Christians. I come from a large extended family where everybody is a Christian, I was a Christian for the first eighteen yrs of my life, I attended a catholic primary and secondary school where majority of the students and teachers were Christians, I went to OAU where majority of the students are Christians. In fact i can say that over 80% of people i have ever come in contact with in my life were Christians. So if majority of the Christians i had come in contact with are dishonest, i can interpolate that majority of Nigerian Christians are dishonest and deceitful.

The way you appraise Christians, Nigeria should be one of the best countries in the world in terms of character as about half the population professes to be Christian, but the reverse is the case. Our Character is worse than even atheist, hindu and Buddhists countries. So something does not add up here.
Re: Born Again Christian Men Don't Cheat . . . by wirinet(m): 7:53pm On Mar 27, 2009
Winnergal:

I don't think wirinet was referring to all christians . . .

Of course it can be all christians, i had met a few honest Christians but they are far and in between, I think the doctrine of "you will be forgiven, whatever your sin had been once you confess and repent or it was the work of the devil, witches, demons do not allow a christian to take responsibility for his actions and feel a sense of guilt.
Re: Born Again Christian Men Don't Cheat . . . by Winnergal(f): 7:54pm On Mar 27, 2009
When i say christian i mean born again christian and christian religion . . . they are different
Re: Born Again Christian Men Don't Cheat . . . by Nobody: 8:03pm On Mar 27, 2009
wirinet:

Of course it can be all christians, i had met a few honest Christians but they are far and in between, I think the doctrine of "you will be forgiven, whatever your sin had been once you confess and repent or it was the work of the devil, witches, demons do not allow a christian to take responsibility for his actions and feel a sense of guilt.

Sorry but the more i read from you the more hopelessly ignorant you sound.

1. Its "few and far between" not "far and in between". you cant even get ordinary grammar correct.

2. Your point i highlighted is grossly incorrect and an example of the stupidity of a lot of you who feel the need to redefine the gospel of salvation so that it suits your paranoia. Apostle Paul addressed that point here:

Romans 6:11 What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound? 2 God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?
15 What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid. 16 Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?

It is instructive to read the entire chapter and even chapter 5 to get the full message. In essence what he said was this - the minute you became a child of God we were no more under the power of sin . . . now we are to bear fruits unto righteousness.
Re: Born Again Christian Men Don't Cheat . . . by Nobody: 8:08pm On Mar 27, 2009
wirinet:

Davidylan, i have met a whole lot of Christians. I come from a large extended family where everybody is a Christian

I reiterated earlier, not everyone who fills the religion portion of a form as "christian" is a genuine born again Child of God. Those are two starkly different things. Your family label might be "christian" but how many of them were truly saved?

wirinet:

I was a Christian for the first eighteen yrs of my life, I attended a catholic primary and secondary school where majority of the students and teachers were Christians, I went to OAU where majority of the students are Christians.

more stupidity . . . i.e. i was born to parents who identified themselves as "christians", attended a "christian" school where almost everyone labeled themselves "christians" so automatically i've known many christians and can judge christianity through them?

Note i repeat again for the sake of you deaf and blind sons of denial - the label "christian" is not the same as being genuinely SAVED.
You were NEVER truly saved, you were simply a card-carrying member of the "christian" social party of Nigeria.

wirinet:

In fact i can say that over 80% of people i have ever come in contact with in my life were Christians. So if majority of the Christians i had come in contact with are dishonest, i can interpolate that majority of Nigerian Christians are dishonest and deceitful.

Another foolish and lazy extrapolation . . . 99% of suicide bombers are muslim so i can also interpolate that majority of muslims are murderers right?

wirinet:

The way you appraise Christians, Nigeria should be one of the best countries in the world in terms of character as about half the population professes to be Christian, but the reverse is the case. Our Character is worse than even atheist, hindu and Buddhists countries. So something does not add up here.

I repeat again, being a member of the "christian social party of nigeria" is not the same as being genuinely born again. You need to let that distinction sink into your empty skull.
Re: Born Again Christian Men Don't Cheat . . . by mazaje(m): 9:25pm On Mar 27, 2009
davidylan:

I reiterated earlier, not everyone who fills the religion portion of a form as "christian" is a genuine born again Child of God. Those are two starkly different things. Your family label might be "christian" but how many of them were truly saved?

see this fool telling others what it means to be born again. grin grin are you born again? what makes you a better christian than his family members? have you ever meet them? who is a genuine born again christian? is the pope a born again christian? what about pastor chris? is huberility a born again christian? you are not a born again christian as far as other christians like lady, donnie etc here are concerned because as far as they know you are going to root in hell for the kind of belief you hold. why is your opinion and interpretation of the bible better than theirs? idiot

more stupidity . . . i.e. i was born to parents who identified themselves as "christians", attended a "christian" school where almost everyone labeled themselves "christians" so automatically i've known many christians and can judge christianity through them?

Note i repeat again for the sake of you deaf and blind sons of denial - the label "christian" is not the same as being genuinely SAVED.
You were NEVER truly saved, you were simply a card-carrying member of the "christian" social party of Nigeria.

You foolishness knows no bounds. what does it mean to be saved? is the pope saved? idiot. who are you to tell people what it means to be saved? saved from what? your stupidity and arrogance? idiot. are you saved? grin grin are all the moslems you know terrosist? why do you have uncountable post attacking moslems on nairaland? do you know all the moslems in the world? why are you atomatically judging moslems here on NL based on the actions of some moslems in pakistan or gaza?

Another foolish and lazy extrapolation . . . 99% of suicide bombers are muslim so i can also interpolate that majority of muslims are murderers right?

you have implied that a lot of times.

I repeat again, being a member of the "christian social party of nigeria" is not the same as being genuinely born again. You need to let that distinction sink into your empty skull.

who are those that are born again? those that subscribe to your church or view of what the bible says? are you born again? what makes you a born again christian and not somebody like pastor chris whom you love to criticize? is davidylan the only person that knows what it takes to be born again? again what makes your own opinion and interpretation of the bible better than theirs? stupid idiot.
Re: Born Again Christian Men Don't Cheat . . . by Winnergal(f): 10:16pm On Mar 27, 2009
These thread is supposed to be about bornagain christian men, . .please don't turn it into a war thread . . .
Re: Born Again Christian Men Don't Cheat . . . by mazaje(m): 10:25pm On Mar 27, 2009
Winnergal:

These thread is supposed to be about bornagain christian men, . .please don't turn it into a war thread . . .

we have the nairaland idiot here implying that people that he has never meet are not truly saved just because wirinet refered to them. if not a fool why will he make a statement like
davidylan:

has he ever meet them? why question their christian status and imply that they are not truly saved?(what ever that means). is he saved? what makes his own opinion and interpretation of the bible better than theirs? as i have said he has never meet them why make such a stupid remark? who told him that wirinet was never truly saved when he was in the christian bubble? the only thing that needs saving is davidylan and his stupidity. idiot
Re: Born Again Christian Men Don't Cheat . . . by Nobody: 10:29pm On Mar 27, 2009
Winnergal:

Are you surprised? Its Mazaje and wirinet . . . i didnt expect anything different.
Re: Born Again Christian Men Don't Cheat . . . by mazaje(m): 10:44pm On Mar 27, 2009
davidylan:

Are you surprised? Its Mazaje and wirinet . . . i didnt expect anything different.

same stupid replies when ever your stupidity is exposed.

(1) (Reply)

Foreign Media Fueling Ethno-religion Crises In Nigeria / Kidnappers Shoot Bishop, Kill Driver / Does God Exist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.