Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,468 members, 7,808,680 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:18 PM

What Would You Do If Your Spouse Told You He Stole N100m From Government? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Would You Do If Your Spouse Told You He Stole N100m From Government? (20637 Views)

How Do You Cope With Pressure To Cheat On Your Spouse? / If You Knew What You Know Now, Would You Marry Your Spouse? / What Is The Craziest Thing Your Parents Ever Told You? (screenshots Attached) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Would You Do If Your Spouse Told You He Stole N100m From Government? by saintopus(m): 4:50pm On Aug 22, 2015
This was the question asked by Punch today on their relationship section. So am asking you NLers to answer this question.

Marriage counsellors say it is normal for people to share their workplace experiences with their spouses; in fact, they are supposed to act as confidants to each other. Assuming their spouses confide in them that they stole N100m from government coffers, some Nigerians told SATURDAY PUNCH what they would do

I will order her to return it

Prince Oladayo

That money doesn’t belong to her and she doesn’t have the right to have stolen it in the first place. That’s a criminal act and can lead her to jail. If she goes to jail, how will she enjoy the money? Wouldn’t that affect the reputation of our family? I cannot encourage her to keep the money. She must find a way to return it to the coffers of the government. It’s the people’s money and should not be spent for personal use. I will order her to return it.

I hate greed and corruption

Sharon Enyi

One thing I’ve observed is that government officials who steal are never satisfied. They are always greedy. Even if they have millions in their account, they are never okay. Is that a life? On the other hand, men with ideas rule the world. Look at people like Bill Gates, what greed will drive him to steal government’s money when he has ideas that can give him billions? It is poverty-minded people who steal because they don’t ever think they can make it without being corrupt.

It’s risky to spend such money

Odeniran Femi

First, I would ask her whether anyone else in her department or ministry knew about it because for her to have stolen that kind of money, some people would have been aware of it. If she said yes, then it must be very risky to spend such money. If she said no, then I cannot really say what will happen, but I will ask for God’s grace to resist the temptation.

I don’t want his confession

Funmike Ojewale

I don’t want his confession. If someone steals what doesn’t belong to them, is it not the proper thing for them to return it? It is when people want to seek for support that they confess such a thing. Ideally, he should have simply gone ahead and confessed to the government and return their money. I don’t want my husband to steal before he makes me happy, so he should do away with unclean sources of money.

Stealing is different from corruption

Eki Lucky

Like one of our former presidents would always say that stealing is different from corruption, that’s just the scenario here. This is just stealing and that doesn’t mean my wife is corrupt. As a matter of fact, I hate corruption with passion. I would tell my wife never to try such a thing again because doing it more than once is what can be termed corruption.

I’ll tell him to return it

Wale Rachael

There should be no debate about this. He should quickly return the money before the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission goes after him. But if he’s willing to spend the rest of his life in jail, he may not yield to my suggestion. It’s just that he’s going to bring shame on our family and may affect the future of our children somehow.

Reputation is better than ill-gotten money

Ibirimo Obiene

I value someone’s reputation more than any other thing. How could she even have thought of such an evil thing? The Bible says a good name is better than gold and silver. That is my opinion about life. It is not about how much you can gather, but how much impact you make while you live. Stealing from the government is not a way of impact; it is destructive. I would ask her to return the money immediately.

He should return the stolen fund

Ada Rejoice

I am not going to encourage him to steal. In fact, I don’t believe a man must have millions of naira to make his wife and family happy. I will persuade him to return the stolen funds but if he doesn’t take to my advice, he should be ready to bear the consequences of his action. The mentality of ‘it’s-our-share-of-the-national-cake’ must end.

Our system doesn’t encourage returning such money

Solomon Ivoke

So many people who have stolen the wealth of this country blind are still walking on the streets like the rest of us. They are not bothered because they have not been arrested and jailed. Imagine someone stealing N1bn and asking them to pay N1m out of the money for bail, they still get to enjoy the remaining N900m. if my spouse is arrested, we can bail her out with N100,000 and the case is over. I am not saying this is what I will do, but I am just saying until we have very strong anti-corruption checks in place, we cannot move forward.

I don’t want a thief husband

Awotunde Biodun

I don’t want a husband that steals, whether from people or from the government. It’s a shameful act that should never be encouraged. When a man steals, his children too may likely take after him in future. So what sort of foundation is that? Of course, that kind of money can be tempting to resist, but if you have the fear of God, you won’t steal from people. You will work hard to make your own money.

http://www.punchng.com/feature/adam-eve/if-your-spouse-confides-in-you-that-heshe-stole-n100m-from-government-what-will-you-do/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Would You Do If Your Spouse Told You He Stole N100m From Government? by 1miccza: 4:53pm On Aug 22, 2015
Hmmmm Op*scratching ma head* did you just spell 100 million?? *praying* and lead us not into temptation.......

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Would You Do If Your Spouse Told You He Stole N100m From Government? by macpetrus(m): 4:54pm On Aug 22, 2015
Nothing.....

am just going to ask her to show me the way to the nation cake so that I can have my equal share....!!!!!!

27 Likes

Re: What Would You Do If Your Spouse Told You He Stole N100m From Government? by saintopus(m): 4:56pm On Aug 22, 2015
macpetrus:
Nothing.....

am just going to ask her to show me the way to the nation cake so that I can have my equal share....!!!!!!

See your life?

9 Likes

Re: What Would You Do If Your Spouse Told You He Stole N100m From Government? by saintopus(m): 4:57pm On Aug 22, 2015
Dedicate this FP to my golden twins Omuani and Osuani, and diamond wife. Much love and blessing

www.punchng.com/feature/adam-eve/if-your-spouse-confides-in-you-that-heshe-stole-n100m-from-government-what-will-you-do/

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: What Would You Do If Your Spouse Told You He Stole N100m From Government? by SUGARBEE(f): 4:58pm On Aug 22, 2015
It's the national cake baby! To hell with right or wrong!

I'll take 60million and give him back 40million, if he dares argue, I'll threaten to expose him.. Lol

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Would You Do If Your Spouse Told You He Stole N100m From Government? by macpetrus(m): 5:00pm On Aug 22, 2015
saintopus:

See your life?

outside abi...? 100million is not a joke... I might even go deaf for a day.,....

20 Likes

Re: What Would You Do If Your Spouse Told You He Stole N100m From Government? by otukpo(f): 5:01pm On Aug 22, 2015
I will tell him to return it.

I don't need any stolen money whether with gun or biro.

2 Likes

Re: What Would You Do If Your Spouse Told You He Stole N100m From Government? by Cutehector(m): 5:01pm On Aug 22, 2015
Probe her.... cheesy

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Would You Do If Your Spouse Told You He Stole N100m From Government? by wtfCode: 5:02pm On Aug 22, 2015
SUGARBEE:
It's the national cake baby! To hell with right or wrong!

I'll take 60million and give him back 40million, if he dares argue, I'll threaten to expose him.. Lol
if i'm him, i wont argue about u being so greedy, i'll just murder u at night.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Would You Do If Your Spouse Told You He Stole N100m From Government? by Behira(f): 5:02pm On Aug 22, 2015
Tell him to return it.....tru ME cheesy

6 Likes

Re: What Would You Do If Your Spouse Told You He Stole N100m From Government? by Utchgirl(f): 5:04pm On Aug 22, 2015
Hw i wish dis can be true !

If dis kind of a tin can happen, i wil jus congratulate him.

All our politrickians hv bin doing dt since God knws whn, so i wil be very hapi dt @ least d national cake hv touch my household.

D senators and house of reps members alwaz go wit big ghana must go bags and nobody is asking dem wht d content is.

D ministers r also dia looting and nobody is asking dem questions.

So tel me,why wont i be hapi dt i hv gotten my own national cake ?
I wil be hapi ooooo.

Waiting 4 those dt wil say dt i'm nt a gud citizen.

25 Likes

Re: What Would You Do If Your Spouse Told You He Stole N100m From Government? by wtfCode: 5:04pm On Aug 22, 2015
if my spouse get that kinda money and let me know...i'll love her more.
I wanna make a gangsta family.

11 Likes

Re: What Would You Do If Your Spouse Told You He Stole N100m From Government? by sainty2k3(m): 5:06pm On Aug 22, 2015
Keep in my account for 5years, if no news , chop am

1 Like

Re: What Would You Do If Your Spouse Told You He Stole N100m From Government? by Utchgirl(f): 5:06pm On Aug 22, 2015
Cutehector:
Probe her.... cheesy

LMAOF !
Probe ke ?
Dts d only word Bubu can boast of knowing d meaning.
Probe my fat ass !

4 Likes

Re: What Would You Do If Your Spouse Told You He Stole N100m From Government? by SUGARBEE(f): 5:07pm On Aug 22, 2015
wtfCode:

if i'm him, i wont argue about u being so greedy, i'll just murder u at night.

Hahaha wicked!
Re: What Would You Do If Your Spouse Told You He Stole N100m From Government? by Cutehector(m): 5:08pm On Aug 22, 2015
Utchgirl:

LMAOF !

Probe ke ?

Dts d only word Bubu can boast of knowing d meaning.

Probe my fat ass !
so you are fat? cheesy
Re: What Would You Do If Your Spouse Told You He Stole N100m From Government? by Utchgirl(f): 5:11pm On Aug 22, 2015
Cutehector:
so you are fat? cheesy

Yaa !
Wht of u ?
Re: What Would You Do If Your Spouse Told You He Stole N100m From Government? by Cutehector(m): 5:13pm On Aug 22, 2015
Utchgirl:

Yaa !

Wht of u ?
not slim, not fat.
Re: What Would You Do If Your Spouse Told You He Stole N100m From Government? by SirLegal(m): 5:14pm On Aug 22, 2015
I will sit her down, and ask details of how she did it and also know, if their are any loopholes. If their are, I will help her clear it and then give her a very long FRENCH KISS.

Then, we relocate.

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Would You Do If Your Spouse Told You He Stole N100m From Government? by Utchgirl(f): 5:14pm On Aug 22, 2015
Cutehector:
not slim, not fat.

Kk !
Re: What Would You Do If Your Spouse Told You He Stole N100m From Government? by alex81(m): 5:24pm On Aug 22, 2015
I will steal 50M b4 she changes her mind... U know ladies wit soft hrt...

*i ope say my pst nor dey online?*

5 Likes

Re: What Would You Do If Your Spouse Told You He Stole N100m From Government? by saintopus(m): 5:46pm On Aug 22, 2015
macpetrus:

outside abi...? 100million is not a joke... I might even go deaf for a day.,....

lol
Re: What Would You Do If Your Spouse Told You He Stole N100m From Government? by saintopus(m): 5:47pm On Aug 22, 2015
cc: Lalasticlala. Your opinion
Re: What Would You Do If Your Spouse Told You He Stole N100m From Government? by baralatie(m): 5:55pm On Aug 22, 2015
ask her to forward the money to me for onward dekivery to appropriate agencies.

1 Like

Re: What Would You Do If Your Spouse Told You He Stole N100m From Government? by Lawsimon(m): 6:14pm On Aug 22, 2015
1miccza:
Hmmmm Op*scratching ma head* did you just spell 100 million??
*praying* and lead us not into temptation.......
This one pass temptation o
Re: What Would You Do If Your Spouse Told You He Stole N100m From Government? by 1miccza: 6:17pm On Aug 22, 2015
Lawsimon:
This one pass temptation o
As in eh i still dey scratch my bald head oo
Re: What Would You Do If Your Spouse Told You He Stole N100m From Government? by Lawsimon(m): 6:30pm On Aug 22, 2015
1miccza:

As in eh i still dey scratch my bald head oo
lol
Re: What Would You Do If Your Spouse Told You He Stole N100m From Government? by Nobody: 6:37pm On Aug 22, 2015
Judging from the comments I'm above it seems the chance of this country getting better is very very slim. Your spouse steals 100 million naira that he didn't work for, you know about it and you are encouraging him to keep the money and steal more.

And you guys begin to wonder why folks like us believe their is no country in the world with greater number of hypocrites in this world than Nigerians. angry

Friedplantain

21 Likes

Re: What Would You Do If Your Spouse Told You He Stole N100m From Government? by barackosama(m): 6:37pm On Aug 22, 2015
[size=18pt]In as much as i hate corruption, i will not be that foolish to tell her to return the Money. I'll reward free scholarship with 50Million, then we keep the rest wink.
If you do mistake return the money #AmSorry the government will just mute it.[/size]

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What Is The Quality Of A Good Husband / Anambra And Imo Marriage / Conditions For Divorce In Christianity, and [Some Legal] Grounds for Annulment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.