Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,980 members, 7,806,861 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:54 AM

Sunday Is Not The Sabbath Day - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Sunday Is Not The Sabbath Day (1870 Views)

Is Sunday The Christian Sabbath Day? / Is Sunday The Christian Sabbath? / Reasons Why The First Day Of The Week, Sunday Is Important To Christians. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sunday Is Not The Sabbath Day by EaRtHgUy(m): 7:28am On Aug 23, 2015
The bible made it clear that we should remember the Sabbath day and keep it holy. It also made it clear that the last day of the week (which is Saturday) is the Sabbath day. So pls, can somebody tell me the reason why majority of we Christains go to Church on Sundays. Anybody??
Re: Sunday Is Not The Sabbath Day by HerexG(m): 7:30am On Aug 23, 2015
k
Re: Sunday Is Not The Sabbath Day by witnezHD(m): 7:31am On Aug 23, 2015
confuse generation

1 Like

Re: Sunday Is Not The Sabbath Day by EaRtHgUy(m): 7:35am On Aug 23, 2015
witnezHD:
confuse generation
care to elaborate?
Re: Sunday Is Not The Sabbath Day by HDee(m): 7:39am On Aug 23, 2015
buh seriously, this question should be directed to ur church leaders.. Abi something dey worry you??
Re: Sunday Is Not The Sabbath Day by Nobody: 7:43am On Aug 23, 2015
EaRtHgUy:
The bible made it clear that we should remember the Sabbath day and keep it holy. It also made it clear that the last day of the week (which is Saturday) is the Sabbath day. So pls, can somebody tell me the reason why majority of we Christains go to Church on Sundays. Anybody??
Let no one question you in regard to the sabbath.

And besides, care to tell me why you go to fellowship on Wednesday or Friday or Thursday?
Re: Sunday Is Not The Sabbath Day by Nobody: 7:44am On Aug 23, 2015
HDee:
buh seriously, this question should be directed to ur church leaders.. Abi something dey worry you??
Truth is Sabbath dont matter anymore
Re: Sunday Is Not The Sabbath Day by EaRtHgUy(m): 7:56am On Aug 23, 2015
HDee:
who made them church leaders, God or man? i'd rather ask my fellow christains on nairaland.
Re: Sunday Is Not The Sabbath Day by EaRtHgUy(m): 8:08am On Aug 23, 2015
starlingslimnet:

And besides, care to tell me why you go to fellowship on Wednesday or Friday or Thursday?
i dnt
Re: Sunday Is Not The Sabbath Day by Nobody: 8:10am On Aug 23, 2015
EaRtHgUy:

Sabbath is a Jewish tradition,what about yours?
Re: Sunday Is Not The Sabbath Day by menesheh(m): 8:13am On Aug 23, 2015
starlingslimnet:

What's your point, are you saying that the bible didn't say such. Jehovahs witness noticed the confusion there, then decided to attend their congregational meeting any day they deems right for them.

We knew that Roman totalitarian regime changed it not the normal assumed inspirations from god.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sunday Is Not The Sabbath Day by Nobody: 8:16am On Aug 23, 2015
menesheh:

What's your point, are you saying that the bible didn't say such. Jehovahs witness noticed the confusion there, then decided to attend their congregational meeting any day they deems right for them.

We knew that Roman totalitarian regime changed it not the normal assumed inspirations from god.
Look here beloved the Sabbath day as explained under the Old covenant is not a day of worship but a day of rest(If you have any Scripture contradicting this kindly bring it on). What am saying is "The Sabbath is not necessary"
Re: Sunday Is Not The Sabbath Day by EaRtHgUy(m): 8:17am On Aug 23, 2015
starlingslimnet:
Truth is Sabbath dont matter anymore
datz how ur pastors deceive you. u cannot decide to obey some parts of the 10 commandments and disobey the rest. you have to obey all of them to be a true child of God. So yes, the sabbath matters.
Re: Sunday Is Not The Sabbath Day by menesheh(m): 8:25am On Aug 23, 2015
starlingslimnet:
Look here beloved the Sabbath day as explained under the Old covenant is not a day of worship but a day of rest(If you have any Scripture contradicting this kindly bring it on). What am saying is "The Sabbath is not necessary"

Amazing. A day of rest only, waw. Pick your bible again. What you should have said is that the old testament and the new testament represents two different version of religion. The former for jews and the later for chritians.

“I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of slavery.
You shall have no other gods before Me” (Exodus 20:2-3; Deuteronomy 5:6-7).
The first four of the Ten Commandments dealt with worship, with one’s vertical relationship to God: 1. No other gods 2. No idols or images for worship 3. Treat God’s Name as holy, use it only in a worship sense 4. Set aside a special day for rest and worship. This first group Jesus summarized as expressing the “greatest command-ment,” to “love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might” (Deuteronomy 6:5wink

By the way where in the new testament was sunday worship instrumented.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sunday Is Not The Sabbath Day by HDee(m): 8:26am On Aug 23, 2015
EaRtHgUy:
who made them church leaders, God or man? i'd rather ask my fellow christains on nairaland.
undecided
Re: Sunday Is Not The Sabbath Day by michaelwestern(m): 8:59am On Aug 23, 2015
menesheh:

I think he was referring to a bible verse. Col2:16 ; 'let no man therefore judge you in food, or in drink, or in respect of a holy day or of the sabbaths'. From the quoted verse and infact the whole chapter, you can see that emphasis is no more placed on the sabaths or any other holy day in the new convenant or testament. All those stuffs are for the jews not for us that were saved by grace in the new convenant.

And OP.

Jesus resurrected on sunday and He appeared to the apostles mostly on sundays. So the early church just decided to choose sunday for worship. But you can decide to choose anyday for your own service, there is no rule that it must be sunday. God bless you all.
Re: Sunday Is Not The Sabbath Day by Nobody: 9:20am On Aug 23, 2015
menesheh:

Amazing. A day of rest only, waw. Pick your bible again. What you should have said is that the old testament and the new testament represents two different version of religion. The former for jews and the later for chritians.

“I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of slavery.
You shall have no other gods before Me” (Exodus 20:2-3; Deuteronomy 5:6-7).
The first four of the Ten Commandments dealt with worship, with one’s vertical relationship to God: 1. No other gods 2. No idols or images for worship 3. Treat God’s Name as holy, use it only in a worship sense 4. Set aside a special day for rest and worship. This first group Jesus summarized as expressing the “greatest command-ment,” to “love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might” (Deuteronomy 6:5wink

By the way where in the new testament was sunday worship instrumented.
The problem with you people is you write your own Scripture. Kindly quote the Fourth commandment as it is written and stop prevaricating.

For Your information and enlightenment all days are equal to me. And if you take one day above another you do so in the honour of the Lord.
Re: Sunday Is Not The Sabbath Day by Nobody: 9:22am On Aug 23, 2015
EaRtHgUy:
datz how ur pastors deceive you. u cannot decide to obey some parts of the 10 commandments and disobey the rest. you have to obey all of them to be a true child of God. So yes, the sabbath matters.
It's not worth quibbling over...and mind you I don't go to Church anymore and if you care to know I was an Adventist before. So go back to your adventism and God help you with it.
Re: Sunday Is Not The Sabbath Day by Lanre747: 9:32am On Aug 23, 2015
EaRtHgUy:

Good question. Do they consider that in the Kingdom, ALL flesh shall observe the sabbath? Furthermore, those that refuse to keep the levitical feasts shall be cut:

ISAIAH 66:23 And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith the Lord.

Zechariah 14:
18 And if the family of Egypt go not up, and come not, that have no rain; there shall be the plague, wherewith the Lord will smite the heathen that come not up to keep the feast of tabernacles.
19 This shall be the punishment of Egypt, and the punishment of all nations that come not up to keep the feast of tabernacles.

grin grin grin
Re: Sunday Is Not The Sabbath Day by Nobody: 9:36am On Aug 23, 2015
Lanre747:

Good question. Do they consider that in the Kingdom, ALL flesh shall observe the sabbath? Furthermore, those that refuse to keep the levitical feasts shall be cut:

ISAIAH 66:23 And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith the Lord.

Zechariah 14:
18 And if the family of Egypt go not up, and come not, that have no rain; there shall be the plague, wherewith the Lord will smite the heathen that come not up to keep the feast of tabernacles.
19 This shall be the punishment of Egypt, and the punishment of all nations that come not up to keep the feast of tabernacles.

grin grin grin
God help you with your ignorance.
Re: Sunday Is Not The Sabbath Day by Lanre747: 9:37am On Aug 23, 2015
starlingslimnet:
God help you with your ignorance.

Please show me where I have erred in the passages above. You will now tell me Christ did away with those prophecies and gave new ones
Re: Sunday Is Not The Sabbath Day by Nobody: 9:49am On Aug 23, 2015
Lanre747:

Please show me where I have erred in the passages above. You will now tell me Christ did away with those prophecies and gave new ones
When the world was recreated in Gen 1:2-end it didn't continue with the laws of the it's first creation made in Gen 1:1 God made another Law for him. So in the new heaven and earth their will be new Law guiding it's existence. Apparently I don't like going into discussion like this because when I do I say things deep to understand a general summary of things which may get you confused . Now the Bible clearly says in the new heaven and earth there will be 'no day and night' this God said because there will be no moon and sun to mark days and night again.Now if there is no moon and sun how will there be day and night? If there is no day and night how will there be a Sabbath? These are the questions you need to ask your Adventist pastors before coming here to say what they have taught you.
Re: Sunday Is Not The Sabbath Day by Lanre747: 9:57am On Aug 23, 2015
starlingslimnet:
When the world was recreated in Gen 1:2-end it didn't continue with the laws of the it's first creation made in Gen 1:1 God made another Law for him. So in the new heaven and earth their will be new Law guiding it's existence. Apparently I don't like going into discussion like this because when I do I say things deep to understand a general summary of things which may get you confused . Now the Bible clearly says in the new heaven and earth there will be 'no day and night' this God said because there will be no moon and sun to mark days and night again.Now if there is no moon and sun how will there be day and night? If there is no day and night how will there be a Sabbath? These are the questions you need to ask your Adventist pastors before coming here to say what they have taught you.

lol I am no adventist.
So because God "recreated" the earth, his Word (torah), which we know to be "from the beginning" also changed? Lol. Tantamount to blasphemy.

The Lord will be an everlasting light, that is true (Isaiah 60:19), and you have taken that to mean Isaiah is lying in verse 66. lol. So what did Isaiah mean. He references the Levitical Feasts my friend. Gerrarahere!
Re: Sunday Is Not The Sabbath Day by menesheh(m): 10:16am On Aug 23, 2015
starlingslimnet:
The problem with you people is you write your own Scripture. Kindly quote the Fourth commandment as it is written and stop prevaricating.

For Your information and enlightenment all days are equal to me. And if you take one day above another you do so in the honour of the Lord.

You are not aware that people have been writing their own scripture for millenia. English wasn't the original language the TanaK bears. If you want to be sure that the version of the bible you take as the true one is real, you have to start looking the first script.

Anyway i don't give a damn about the day you worship. My concern is for people to open their eyes and see religion for it is, myth.

1 Like

Re: Sunday Is Not The Sabbath Day by Shalomdee(f): 10:28am On Aug 23, 2015
Saturday is the real day for worship because God commanded it and it is the only commandment that carries God's seal. Jesus and the apostles worshipped on Saturday, the Roman Catholic church was the one who changed the day of worship to Sunday to honour the sun god. It isn't biblical, I myself am convinced I have to worship on Saturdays, still searching for Seventh Day Adventist where I live.

1 Like

Re: Sunday Is Not The Sabbath Day by Nobody: 10:38am On Aug 23, 2015
witnezHD:
confuse generation

more like a lost and cursed generation, people who barely know the names of their own family ancestral linage.

stup!d slaves

3 Likes

Re: Sunday Is Not The Sabbath Day by Nobody: 10:43am On Aug 23, 2015
menesheh:

You are not aware that people have been writing their own scripture for millenia. English wasn't the original language the TanaK bears. If you want to be sure that the version of the bible you take as the true one is real, you have to start looking the first script.

Anyway i don't give a damn about the day you worship. My concern is for people to open their eyes and see religion for it is, myth.
Religion if you say might be a myth but my God is true
Re: Sunday Is Not The Sabbath Day by Nobody: 10:44am On Aug 23, 2015
Shalomdee:
Saturday is the real day for worship because God commanded it and it is the only commandment that carries God's seal. Jesus and the apostles worshipped on Saturday, the Roman Catholic church was the one who changed the day of worship to Sunday to honour the sun god. It isn't biblical, I myself am convinced I have to worship on Saturdays, still searching for Seventh Day Adventist where I live.
Goodluck to you...enjoy your brainwashing
Re: Sunday Is Not The Sabbath Day by menesheh(m): 10:51am On Aug 23, 2015
starlingslimnet:
Religion if you say might be a myth but my God is true

And so what?

I don't care if you say that the shrine in your village is true.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sunday Is Not The Sabbath Day by Nobody: 10:54am On Aug 23, 2015
menesheh:

And so what?

I don't care if you say that the shrine in your village is true.
Then you don't have to quote me again,do you?
Re: Sunday Is Not The Sabbath Day by Nobody: 10:56am On Aug 23, 2015
Lanre747:

lol I am no adventist.
So because God "recreated" the earth, his Word (torah), which we know to be "from the beginning" also changed? Lol. Tantamount to blasphemy.

The Lord will be an everlasting light, that is true (Isaiah 60:19), and you have taken that to mean Isaiah is lying in verse 66. lol. So what did Isaiah mean. He references the Levitical Feasts my friend. Gerrarahere!
Can't give an answer to the question I asked instead you are ranting about.... At any rate hold firm your Faith. God help you
Re: Sunday Is Not The Sabbath Day by menesheh(m): 11:00am On Aug 23, 2015
starlingslimnet:
Then you don't have to quote me again,do you?

Sure!!!

Enjoy

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pastor E.a. Adeboye's Notable Awards And Recognition In America / Why Are The Pyramids Not Mentioned In The Bible? / Spirit Testimony Muslim Imam Encounters Jesus After A Death Experience.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.