Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,486 members, 7,808,775 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:44 PM

If Your Fellowship Holds These Teachings, Then It's Time You Moved On - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If Your Fellowship Holds These Teachings, Then It's Time You Moved On (44884 Views)

Jim Iyke: “I Have Moved On From My Beef With Olisa Adibua” / Jesus Disciples Fellowship (JDF) members, post your fellowship venue / Still A Christian? When Was The Last Time You Did Any Of These? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If Your Fellowship Holds These Teachings, Then It's Time You Moved On by mbulela: 2:40pm On Aug 23, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

which followership should one join when all the fellowship embrace at least one of the doctrine you list above?
In my view, find one with the least amount of these acts but do not partake in them.
Re: If Your Fellowship Holds These Teachings, Then It's Time You Moved On by deolu2000(m): 2:40pm On Aug 23, 2015
I blv you are wrong abt the item 4,because even d bible records dt we should be Holy,has without Holiness,no one can see the Lord. So i don't blv dt d teaching of touch,eat n taste not is wrong,ok.
Re: If Your Fellowship Holds These Teachings, Then It's Time You Moved On by mbulela: 2:41pm On Aug 23, 2015
starlingslimnet:
Not at all bro...I have nothing against anyone but I have all things against false teachings...

You said and "Many more" can you please list some of it so we can take heed.
A fellowship where you have to take a pledge of membership.
Re: If Your Fellowship Holds These Teachings, Then It's Time You Moved On by mbulela: 2:43pm On Aug 23, 2015
deolu2000:
I blv you are wrong abt the item 4,because even d bible records dt we should be Holy,has without Holiness,no one can see the Lord. So i don't blv dt d teaching of touch,eat n taste not is wrong,ok.
Please meditate on colossians 2:16, 21 and 22.
Re: If Your Fellowship Holds These Teachings, Then It's Time You Moved On by ogwumgbe: 2:44pm On Aug 23, 2015
Well OP, you are sort of disillusioned. Everybody will never [color=#006600][/color] follow St Paul, All can never be penticostals, I am a follower of our Lord Jesus Christ and not St Paul. The points that you've listed here are for the followers of St Paul
Re: If Your Fellowship Holds These Teachings, Then It's Time You Moved On by FOLYKAZE(m): 2:47pm On Aug 23, 2015
Thoniameek:

Oh! Sorry for taking your time and quoting you all this while, I thought you had the same perspective as me.

It was my decision to follow the foreigners belief system not theirs, because I found it to better than mine.

Sorry for taking your time again....

Hillarious.

Can you explain the bold?

How is foreign religion better than your traditional religion?

2 Likes

Re: If Your Fellowship Holds These Teachings, Then It's Time You Moved On by AmunRaOlodumare: 2:52pm On Aug 23, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

They didnt tell you to follow the Gods of your ancestors.

They didnt tell you you aint an Isrealite.

They didnt tell you Jesus died for Israelite as he claimed and not you.

So why gullibly folowing a foreign religion that brings no positive changes to your land since the 400 yrs? Why are you not like the Indians, Chineses and Japanese who succeded in their ancestral path?

In fact, when you begin to center your beliefs, history, interests around yourself instead of the European, Jewish or Arab people, you begin to develop self-knowledge, self-confidence leading to self-development and self-sufficiency as individuals and people.

Ironically, when this is completed, it often lead to openness towards other people's culture, beliefs and history. Because you're so much solid in your own identity and development, than the next step is exploring other people's, but always with the solid self-knowledge/self-interests core. For example, Japan have a solid self-confidence and identity (religions, language use in their school system (japanese), culture, arts, etc), but at the same time love American culture. Don't get me wrong, they still go to school in their own language, maintain and develop their own beliefs, independent political institutions and culture, but they are open to the world.
Re: If Your Fellowship Holds These Teachings, Then It's Time You Moved On by Bonapart(m): 2:53pm On Aug 23, 2015
Neplusultra:
Exactly my tot!
good to that you also notice that the write up is Godly
Re: If Your Fellowship Holds These Teachings, Then It's Time You Moved On by 989900: 3:15pm On Aug 23, 2015
Goodness and godliness rocks.

Religion is 'wayyyyyyyy' over rated.
Re: If Your Fellowship Holds These Teachings, Then It's Time You Moved On by Nobody: 3:23pm On Aug 23, 2015
(No 10)very peculiar in Christ Embassy they asked me as a first timer if I could speak in tongues I replied its a gift nt something u just say.

To them speaking in tongues is a way of life
Fake teachings!!

2 Likes

Re: If Your Fellowship Holds These Teachings, Then It's Time You Moved On by mbulela: 3:25pm On Aug 23, 2015
ogwumgbe:
Well OP, you are sort of disillusioned. Everybody will never [color=#006600][/color] follow St Paul, All can never be penticostals, I am a follower of our Lord Jesus Christ and not St Paul. The points that you've listed here are for the followers of St Paul
Please clear one side with that Femi Aribisala theology.
Re: If Your Fellowship Holds These Teachings, Then It's Time You Moved On by christemmbassey(m): 3:35pm On Aug 23, 2015
pretydiva:
I disagree wit d point u made in 8. Tithes r meant 4 pastors,dats were dey feed n take care of their families.
this is a big lie. There is no single verse in d entire bible where christians are commanded to pay tithe to God, Jesus, pastor or church. Tithe collection is d bigest fraud in d world. Btw, there are 3 types of tithe in d bible, why do u practice one. U are under a curse to practice this wrong thing in a wrong way. Has ur pastor ever preach Deu 14 : 22 - 29? Jesus, Peter, John etc did not collect tithe, today religious leaders in Israel do not collect tithe, why should a Nigerian pastor (who no miracle can make a levite) collect tithe that was abolished along with d levitical priesthood? Pls study ur bible. Bless u.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: If Your Fellowship Holds These Teachings, Then It's Time You Moved On by JUBILEE2000: 3:46pm On Aug 23, 2015
bjcuntis:
my dear dnt get it twisted. Tithes are never for the pastors but an avenue for u to be blessed.The bible says bring ye all the tithes into my store house that there might be meat in my house nd prove me now if I will not open the windows of heaven nd pour u out a blessing that their will be not enough room to contain it.

who then eats the tithe?
Re: If Your Fellowship Holds These Teachings, Then It's Time You Moved On by Nobody: 3:53pm On Aug 23, 2015
obaty:
Tithes are for promoting the work of God on earth which includes catering for the man of God.
your obligation is to pay tithe, wht is used for is left for God n the church leader. Just play ur part n focus on God.
Mind u Church belongs to God, cos church is nt just the magnificient building, bt the worshippers . Leave judgement for God
Re: If Your Fellowship Holds These Teachings, Then It's Time You Moved On by christemmbassey(m): 4:06pm On Aug 23, 2015
bjcuntis:
my dear dnt get it twisted. Tithes are never for the pastors but an avenue for u to be blessed.The bible says bring ye all the tithes into my store house that there might be meat in my house nd prove me now if I will not open the windows of heaven nd pour u out a blessing that their will be not enough room to contain it.
how many warehouses do u have now to store ur blessings? Continue to decieve urself.
Re: If Your Fellowship Holds These Teachings, Then It's Time You Moved On by thamarvelz(m): 4:11pm On Aug 23, 2015
starlingslimnet:
If the following happens in your fellowship I advice you to correct them and if they persist leave such fellowship.

1. They Teach Only Your Fellowship Will Go To Heaven: This is in direct contradiction with the Promise of God that says "Whoever believes in the Son will have eternal life". If your doctrines teaches that only your fellowship will go to heaven and all other fellowship will be lost in Hell. Kindly find your way out cause you are heading to Hell yourself.

2. They Teach Unless You Obey Church Tradition You Will Lose Heaven: "By Grace yee are saved through Faith in Christ Jesus" You cannot be saved by works.If your church keeps Teaching you these find your way out of that place.

3. They teach Marry From The Fold and Soulmate : Only a cult does this.You are free to marry from any fellowship you like in as much as you Love him or her.Your Soulmate is the person you love.All these are done to keep you in the sect.

4. They Teach Don't Touch,Don't Eat,Don't Use: These are pure demonic teachings.I don't have to quote Scriptures before you remember the Scriptures relating to this.

5. They Teach You Are Still A Sinner Despite You Believe In Christ: Every Christain is Righteous. If your fellowship holds you a sinner because of your spiritual level then find your way out.Christ is your righteousness.

6. They Celebrate Festivals And Do Sacrifice: I wonder what you are Still doing in such a place.

7. Visions Is The Basis Of Their Belief: I saw in the dream or God told me that.....If it is on these things your fellowship is built on Find your way out.

8. God commands You To Pay Tithe And They Are For Pastors: What are you Still doing in this fellowship, uhn?

9. They Teach Witches Are Responsible For Your Poverty: My brother you are already in one chance fellowship kindly find your way out.

10: You Don't Have The Holy Spirit Until You Speak In Tongues: A way of spreading demonic spirits.Since you will have to speak in tongues they hae to lay hands on you and in laying of hands comes the transference of spirits.You receive the Holy Spirit at New Birth.If your Fellowship teaches otherwise find your level.

Dumbest post ever!
Aint interested in organised religion?? Simply say so and stop beating about the goddamn bush!!
Re: If Your Fellowship Holds These Teachings, Then It's Time You Moved On by thamarvelz(m): 4:14pm On Aug 23, 2015
MyFlair:
your obligation is to pay tithe, wht is used for is left for God n the church leader. Just play ur part n focus on God.
Mind u Church belongs to God, cos church is nt just the magnificient building, bt the worshippers . Leave judgement for God

What are u saying?? Can u even hear urslf??
You mean I shldnt be concerned about how my hard earned money is used?? I hope u aint a pastor or pastor's child cos u sound like u benefit from it

1 Like

Re: If Your Fellowship Holds These Teachings, Then It's Time You Moved On by Nobody: 4:15pm On Aug 23, 2015
ibedun:

The one wey dey inside bible sef pass story, believe me. All na fraud from beginning to the end. And the black people wey dey Africa be like say den no get sense.
fraud made to defraud who? Let me tell u the white even practise pure christianity than africans. Dnt make it to seem they wrote the bible for african, cos u will be deceiving ur self.
One thing is tht if u draw close to God he ll draw close to u.
Bro if I tell u mystery n encounter I hv witnessed u will call me a lier. Truly, this world is 90 spiritual. If a herbalist can use charms to do strange things, wht makes u think ther is no God.

2 Likes

Re: If Your Fellowship Holds These Teachings, Then It's Time You Moved On by bettydee(f): 4:15pm On Aug 23, 2015
deolu2000:

You are going in a different direction from what d op meant. I think the op is talking abt when you are told that do not eat certain things, touch certain object or taste certain products. He isn't condemning holiness, after all, the bible says its not what goes into d mouth that defiles us but what comes out of it.
Re: If Your Fellowship Holds These Teachings, Then It's Time You Moved On by christemmbassey(m): 4:15pm On Aug 23, 2015
MyFlair:
story! Story! Story!!! God has never asked any christian to gay tithe. Stop hidding behind church to commit FRAUD.
Re: If Your Fellowship Holds These Teachings, Then It's Time You Moved On by UncleSnr(m): 4:15pm On Aug 23, 2015
Hawlahscho:

Your comment made me to open mouth shocked

Are you for real?
Freksy:

At least you believe he once existed.

stephmike:

maybe to u oooo

phoneport:

Mx God will show u a sign very soon to let u know He is living.
And very much want you to give ur life to Him.

"When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours." -Stephen Roberts
Re: If Your Fellowship Holds These Teachings, Then It's Time You Moved On by phoneport(m): 4:17pm On Aug 23, 2015
UncleSnr:
Sorry, God is dead!
Mx God will show u a sign very soon to let u know He is living. And very much want you to give ur life to Him.
Re: If Your Fellowship Holds These Teachings, Then It's Time You Moved On by Nobody: 4:21pm On Aug 23, 2015
MrMcJay:
The latest ploy of the enemy against Christians is 'divide and finish'.

Alienate the Christian discipline from his fellowship where he receives strength and then it would be easier to finish him on his own.

Only for the wise.
truth bro. I understand
Re: If Your Fellowship Holds These Teachings, Then It's Time You Moved On by otiigba1(m): 4:22pm On Aug 23, 2015
If they are always calling holy ghost fire! ...run
Re: If Your Fellowship Holds These Teachings, Then It's Time You Moved On by eghuan1(m): 4:22pm On Aug 23, 2015
Olufemiolaolu:
What point re u driving home here? Re u trying 2 justify abortion?

if you read my post, I did state that the pastor's wife did pass judgement instantly without even finding out why that girl procured abortion in the first place. If you can disturb urself a little please look into the arguement on abortion, there are justifyable cause for abortion, ok.
Re: If Your Fellowship Holds These Teachings, Then It's Time You Moved On by Nobody: 4:23pm On Aug 23, 2015
starlingslimnet:
Teach others the Truth that is why you are saved and giving these Revelations. Christ said, "Teaching them all that I have commanded them to do" Teach people bro....you can use social network, people that come to preach to you and on and on.
Now, where do u worship? Or. U a freelance envangelist?
Re: If Your Fellowship Holds These Teachings, Then It's Time You Moved On by Olufemiolaolu(m): 4:24pm On Aug 23, 2015
eghuan1:

if you read my post, I did state that the pastor's wife did pass judgement instantly without even finding out why that girl procured abortion in the first place. If you can disturb urself a little please look into the arguement on abortion, there are justifyable cause for abortion, ok.
Pro choice drumbeater i hail oooo grin
Re: If Your Fellowship Holds These Teachings, Then It's Time You Moved On by eghuan1(m): 4:33pm On Aug 23, 2015
koolpal:
nobody compels u to worship... u are an atheist.... becos there must be some level of discpline and restriction in worship...

do you understand what atheism means? Atheism does not imply you do not believe in the christian God, rather the belief in no form of God. But if we are to take the christian belief that Whatever takes the heart of man is his God, then atheism will jot be possible. Again, is it possible for a man not to believe in anything?
Re: If Your Fellowship Holds These Teachings, Then It's Time You Moved On by eghuan1(m): 4:38pm On Aug 23, 2015
Olufemiolaolu:
Pro choice drumbeater i hail oooo grin

am not for or against abortion, I just believe that irrespective of whom we are, we should give a chance to everyone to exist rather that not giving him/her an opportunity to prove him/herself in this shithole we call life. (EVEN IF LIFE IS A SHITHOLE, WE ALL MUST BE GIVEN THE OPPORTUNITY TO LIVE)

1 Like

Re: If Your Fellowship Holds These Teachings, Then It's Time You Moved On by Nobody: 4:39pm On Aug 23, 2015
May God help the church. So many doctrines flying around misleading believers. The point am most interested in is no 10. I'll like to place some observation and leave you to draw conclusions from them.
1. Mark 16:17. Speaking in tongue is one of the signs of a true believer.
2. The first account of speaking in tongues (pentecost day) was recorded in Acts 2:1-4 and no laying of hands was recorded.
3. Acts 19:6 It was recorded that Paul transferred the holy spirit through laying of hands.
4. I Corinthians 12:28-30.
5.I Corinthians 14:27.
One thing is sure though, Jesus promised us the Holy spirit of which the initial evidence of being filled is through speaking in tongue. God bless us all.
Re: If Your Fellowship Holds These Teachings, Then It's Time You Moved On by Nobody: 4:40pm On Aug 23, 2015
[quote author=babafemi1000 post=37252558]

Kindly share scriptures to support your standpoint. It may be enlightening to someone...[/quote ]. Read Deuteronomy 26:11-13. Peace b with u
Re: If Your Fellowship Holds These Teachings, Then It's Time You Moved On by Appleyard(m): 4:42pm On Aug 23, 2015
Good points write up. But your point 8 and 9 are something else.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony / Pastor Gushes About His Honeymoon Experience: “It Is Very Sweet!” (Video) / T.B Joshua Heals Man With Anal Cancer (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.