Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,289 members, 7,807,981 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:09 AM

The Agony Of Monogamy- By Tola Adeniyi - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Agony Of Monogamy- By Tola Adeniyi (5413 Views)

Agony Of Monogamy. / The Agony Of Monogamy- By Tola Adeniyi / [agony Of An Orphan] Sign The Documents Or Forget About Your Education Dream (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Agony Of Monogamy- By Tola Adeniyi by eherbal(m): 1:00am On Aug 25, 2015
kandiikane:
What rubbish.

At this day and age, women can freeze their eggs in their prime and either carry it or get a surrogate. Are you a learner? If you did not know, male fertility also declines with age.

A 60 year old woman with money can still date a younger man. You be learner? I don't understand why men like to believe in falsehood. The same reason a young woman will be with an 80 year old man, is the same reason a young man will be with a 60 year old woman.

I am up for who ever wants to be with more than one partner as long as women aren't judged for wanting the same too. It is not only men that do not enjoy monogamy. Just remember that whilst you are there enjoying yourself between the thighs of a young woman, your wife is on top of one virile young man like that(and as luck would have it, no babies to worry about). Is it not on this same forum recently that we saw pictures of two young men marrying women probably old enough to be their grandmother? The writer should just shut up and continuing fucking his mistresses. Your marriage has been like "heaven" for 45 years yet you are preaching about the hypocrisy of monogamous marriage. The only link with hypocrisy and pretentious with regards to this whole writeup is the the writer himself. Why not write about how you and your wife managed to make heaven out of your marriage for 45 years for others to emulate. For una mind now, na only woman fit manage one preek for life. Mtchew!
another one gets it wrong. Polygamy in Marriage is what we're talking about not prostitution undecided

2 Likes

Re: The Agony Of Monogamy- By Tola Adeniyi by eherbal(m): 1:11am On Aug 25, 2015
jmoore:

Why didn't he make a case for polyandry, huh?
because like homosexuality, it's alien to us. smiley

1 Like

Re: The Agony Of Monogamy- By Tola Adeniyi by eherbal(m): 1:13am On Aug 25, 2015
EfemenaXY:

Really, what's the "sense" in an outrightly skewered sexist article as this?

Do you not think it ought to work both ways for both sexes? Or are you proposing that the man should keep several partners while the woman sticks to her cheating partner?

The cheek.

Another One bites the dust
sad
Re: The Agony Of Monogamy- By Tola Adeniyi by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:29am On Aug 25, 2015

1 Like

Re: The Agony Of Monogamy- By Tola Adeniyi by jashar(f): 8:42am On Aug 25, 2015
SAMBARRY:
Farts on thread and walks away majestically

angryAhn Ahn naaaa.... why you come mess for here? come pack am joor tongue

grin

I'm yet to understand the OPs' train of thoughts. It's distorted...

1 Like

Re: The Agony Of Monogamy- By Tola Adeniyi by kandiikane(m): 8:49am On Aug 25, 2015
eherbal:
another one gets it wrong. Polygamy in Marriage is what we're talking about not prostitution undecided
Stop talking shyt!

2 Likes

Re: The Agony Of Monogamy- By Tola Adeniyi by eherbal(m): 8:55am On Aug 25, 2015
kandiikane:

Stop talking shyt!
stop faking shyt grin

1 Like

Re: The Agony Of Monogamy- By Tola Adeniyi by eherbal(m): 8:57am On Aug 25, 2015
GAZZUZZ:
Just read thru the thread

EHERBAL!!!!

[img]http//t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQaBQQrs6gXjujgp-_vhDcNqmDt04M4zqno237x59JnUvEVV_xSfQ[/img]
nkwale weed grin
Re: The Agony Of Monogamy- By Tola Adeniyi by bukatyne(f): 1:34pm On Aug 25, 2015
eherbal:
would you like to be wife no2? Never a dull mo with me. Ask wife no 1 grin

If you will mind becoming husband no 2 grin
Re: The Agony Of Monogamy- By Tola Adeniyi by eherbal(m): 2:04pm On Aug 25, 2015
bukatyne:

If you will mind becoming husband no 2 grin
my request is valid. Yours is unheard of. Come onboard dear.husband no2will never cross ur mind. Just become my second wife like play like play kiss kiss kiss

2 Likes

Re: The Agony Of Monogamy- By Tola Adeniyi by bukatyne(f): 2:14pm On Aug 25, 2015
eherbal:
my request is valid. Yours is unheard of. Come onboard dear. husband no2will never cross ur mind. Just become my second wife like play like play kiss kiss kiss

Second husband unheard of ke? undecided

You need to wake up sharp sharp and move from herbal to modern medicine cheesy wink

2 Likes

Re: The Agony Of Monogamy- By Tola Adeniyi by eherbal(m): 2:54pm On Aug 25, 2015
bukatyne:

You need to wake up sharp sharp and move from herbal to modern medicine cheesy wink
its not recognized In Africa, talk less Nigeria. Come see my mum so we can work out The modalities. You don't have to be shy bout things like this. cool
Re: The Agony Of Monogamy- By Tola Adeniyi by SAMBARRY: 6:32am On Aug 26, 2015
jashar:

angryAhn Ahn naaaa.... why you come mess for here? come pack am joor tongue

grin

I'm yet to understand the OPs' train of thoughts. It's distorted...
exactly why I farted on the thread and mind you I've eaten beans and indomie so do the needful cool
Re: The Agony Of Monogamy- By Tola Adeniyi by EfemenaXY: 8:05am On Aug 31, 2015
eherbal:
the article is the Truth smiley on my view; polygamy is Safer,Fairer,Truthful ,and honest option. Far Better than Adultery.Thereare no penalties in the holy books against polygamy. Most of the prophets of God were polygamous. It was never abolished before, during and after the death of christ

Not everyone is religious.

Let's say for the sake of this argument I haven't got any religious convictions. How would you sell polgyny to me? Why shouldn't a woman have multiple husbands if she so wishes? Is that not a better option for her to keep them all under the same roof and on her matrimonial home, to avoid her committing adultery?

And isn't it better she comes out clean with this with fear of getting reprimanded by society?
Re: The Agony Of Monogamy- By Tola Adeniyi by EfemenaXY: 8:08am On Aug 31, 2015
eherbal:

What's the difference?

A man whipping out his dd.ic.k to service multiple women isn't prostitution but it suddenly becomes prostitution if the woman follows suit?

eherbal:
because like homosexuality, it's alien to us. smiley

Really?

You saying there aren't any Nigerian homosexuals living in Nigeria? Pls get serious.

1 Like

Re: The Agony Of Monogamy- By Tola Adeniyi by eherbal(m): 10:01am On Aug 31, 2015
EfemenaXY:

What's the difference?

A man whipping out his dd.ic.k to service multiple women isn't prostitution but it suddenly becomes prostitution if the woman follows suit?

Really?

You saying there aren't any Nigerian homosexuals living in Nigeria? Pls get serious. Bro [quote author=EfemenaXY post=37515329]
What's the difference?
Really?
You saying there aren't any Nigerian homosexuals living in Nigeria? Pls get serious.
homosexuality ,is illegal. By the way ,where in The World have you heard of a woman marrying two nigggas ?it's a man's World. Accept that wink
Re: The Agony Of Monogamy- By Tola Adeniyi by EfemenaXY: 2:14pm On Aug 31, 2015
[quote author=eherbal post=37518898][/quote]

Go look up polyandry. It's not a new concept. I haven't got the time or interest to explain that to you. But you might want to look up the Zimbabwean case.
Re: The Agony Of Monogamy- By Tola Adeniyi by Nobody: 5:48pm On Aug 31, 2015
EfemenaXY:

Not everyone is religious.

Let's say for the sake of this argument I haven't got any religious convictions. How would you sell polgyny to me? Why shouldn't a woman have multiple husbands if she so wishes? Is that not a better option for her to keep them all under the same roof and on her matrimonial home, to avoid her committing adultery?

And isn't it better she comes out clean with this with fear of getting reprimanded by society?

Aside religion. Let me answer your question. This does not mean I support or oppose polyandry.

Consider a woman getting pregnant in such a situation. Who would claim the paternity of the baby?

I know you would call for DNA testing but who would cater for the needs of the mother and baby till she delivers and is ripe for a test. The confusion and complications is enough to cause big problems for such relationship.

We can all argue about equal rights or not. But the fact is we were created differently and you can't always reverse roles and find such befitting to hear of. It is that simple.
What is good for the goose, doesn't necessarily mean it would be good for the gander. He may he eat and choke on it.

Polygamy in marital setting can be practical but polyandry would definitely cause issues when child rearing and other things is broached on. A lady can be in an open relationship with numerous partners but in an "ideal marital situation", it would be simply impractical or hard to pull off naturally.

You guys just argue like secondary school kids. Positing points without facing reality. Polygamy is a form of marriage recognised by virtually almost all cultures of the world. I don't know of the other but it would be a case of you burying your head in a heap of sand by equating polygamy to prostitution.
If a woman can find two men who would agree to polyandry. Then, all fine and good.

I guess if you guys had your way in all these "silly equality talks" ( I support equal recognition of both genders strengths and weakness based on confined physical and emotional structures but the borderline anything a man can do , a woman should be given rights to do such) you would soon advocate for corrective surgeries to give guys wombs so they can also start carrying babies like women do. Equal rights innit?

2 Likes

Re: The Agony Of Monogamy- By Tola Adeniyi by innervoice(m): 6:32pm On Aug 31, 2015
author=johnny1980 post=37533029]

Aside religion. Let me answer your question. This does not mean I support or oppose polyandry.

Consider a woman getting pregnant in such a situation. Who would claim the paternity of the baby?

The one who slept with her in the week when she was fertile.
Re: The Agony Of Monogamy- By Tola Adeniyi by Nobody: 6:42pm On Aug 31, 2015
innervoice:

The one who slept with her in the week when she was fertile.

What happens if she had multiple sex with both partners in the space of days not even hours?

Let us even assume they did it weekly. how do you count exactly what week the sex that fertilized her in to know exactly who did it giving some women are 2 months pregnant and are even oblivious of the fact?

1 Like

Re: The Agony Of Monogamy- By Tola Adeniyi by innervoice(m): 6:50pm On Aug 31, 2015
johnny1980:

What happens if she had multiple sex with both partners in the space of days not even hours?

Let us even assume they did it weekly. how do you count exactly what week the sex that fertilized her in to know exactly who did it giving some women are 2 months pregnant and are even oblivious of the fact?
Re: The Agony Of Monogamy- By Tola Adeniyi by innervoice(m): 6:50pm On Aug 31, 2015
johnny1980:

Re: The Agony Of Monogamy- By Tola Adeniyi by innervoice(m): 6:51pm On Aug 31, 2015
johnny1980:

It is called natural family planning method.

The parties involved decide who the woman is going to get pregnant for and the to-be-father is the only one who sleeps with her during her fertile period. The other one uses condoms until she is pregnant. Just an example.
Re: The Agony Of Monogamy- By Tola Adeniyi by Nobody: 8:54pm On Aug 31, 2015
innervoice:

It is called natural family planning method.

The parties involved decide who the woman is going to get pregnant for and the to-be-father is the only one who sleeps with her during her fertile period. The other one uses condoms until she is pregnant. Just an example.

And the other man has to wait till another year before she gets pregnant for him?

How bleeped up does this sound to you? And what benefits does the lady even enjoy?

2 Likes

Re: The Agony Of Monogamy- By Tola Adeniyi by EfemenaXY: 10:07pm On Aug 31, 2015
johnny1980:

I know you would call for DNA testing but who would cater for the needs of the mother and baby till she delivers and is ripe for a test. The confusion and complications is enough to cause big problems for such relationship.

We can all argue about equal rights or not. But the fact is we were created differently and you can't always reverse roles and find such befitting to hear of. It is that simple.
What is good for the goose, doesn't necessarily mean it would be good for the gander. He may he eat and choke on it.

Polygamy in marital setting can be practical but polyandry would definitely cause issues when child rearing and other things is broached on. A lady can be in an open relationship with numerous partners but in an "ideal marital situation", it would be simply impractical or hard to pull off naturally.

You guys just argue like secondary school kids. Positing points without facing reality. Polygamy is a form of marriage recognised by virtually almost all cultures of the world. I don't know of the other but it would be a case of you burying your head in a heap of sand by equating polygamy to prostitution.
If a woman can find two men who would agree to polyandry. Then, all fine and good.

I guess if you guys had your way in all these "silly equality talks" ( I support equal recognition of both genders strengths and weakness based on confined physical and emotional structures but the borderline anything a man can do , a woman should be given rights to do such) you would soon advocate for corrective surgeries to give guys wombs so they can also start carrying babies like women do. Equal rights innit?

You're hardly in a position point fingers and name call when your ill-informed post is no better than a primary school kid's.

Go on google and research Polyandry. You'll get a lot of information on where it's practiced - in the past and present (modern day).

1 Like

Re: The Agony Of Monogamy- By Tola Adeniyi by Nobody: 7:39am On Sep 01, 2015
EfemenaXY:

You're hardly in a position point fingers and name call when your ill-informed post is no better than a primary school kid's.

Go on google and research Polyandry. You'll get a lot of information on where it's practiced - in the past and present (modern day).

ill informed? Why don't you bring your informed counter theories instead of the "polygamy is prostitution " and what not you were yapping about earlier instead of pointing to Google?

Let me enlighten you.

You as a woman would even cringe at earlier practices of polyandry. Small pockets of places in India and Himalayas that used to practice it in the past was even to the detriment of the woman.
She had no say.

Or how would imagine the Eldest brother in a family getting married to a woman and sharing the woman with his younger brothers, all of them taking turns to have sex with her? Such Incest and barbarism is what you would cite as equality for women?

Fact is, the cases of polyandry we had in the past was never in favour of the women and can never be, they were never the deciders just pawns in the scheme of things. Nature can't be cheated. They owned her like a family motor to be ridden by any of the male family members with a di.ck. Sounds progressive for women I guess as long as she does what a man can do.

Until you people realise the genders were created differently and each have their defined roles. Trying to find equality amongst them in virtually everything would be useless.

2 Likes

Re: The Agony Of Monogamy- By Tola Adeniyi by innervoice(m): 2:11pm On Sep 01, 2015
johnny1980:

And the other man has to wait till another year before she gets pregnant for him?

How bleeped up does this sound to you? And what benefits does the lady even enjoy?

First of all, not all people marry ALL their spouses simultaneously. In fact, many people marry the second spouse several years into the first marriage so when the second husband / wife comes, the first already has a kid or two or three.
Secondly, why can't the second husband wait?
Re: The Agony Of Monogamy- By Tola Adeniyi by eherbal(m): 1:24pm On Sep 02, 2015
bukatyne:

the herbal in my name is weed. I'll forever choose weed over Modern Day medicine, which has done nothing but enslave peeps. Weed liberate, just as old School polygamy

1 Like

Re: The Agony Of Monogamy- By Tola Adeniyi by eherbal(m): 1:27pm On Sep 02, 2015
Bukatyne dear.................wink
Re: The Agony Of Monogamy- By Tola Adeniyi by kandiikane(m): 9:14pm On Sep 02, 2015
[quote author=eherbal post=37518898][/quote]

You never heard of women marrying two men? Read a book or two?
Re: The Agony Of Monogamy- By Tola Adeniyi by Adaeze003(f): 12:36am On Sep 03, 2015
johnny1980:

ill informed? Why don't you bring your informed counter theories instead of the "polygamy is prostitution " and what not you were yapping about earlier instead of pointing to Google?

Let me enlighten you.

You as a woman would even cringe at earlier practices of polyandry. Small pockets of places in India and Himalayas that used to practice it in the past was even to the detriment of the woman.
She had no say.

Or how would imagine the Eldest brother in a family getting married to a woman and sharing the woman with his younger brothers, all of them taking turns to have sex with her? Such Incest and barbarism is what you would cite as equality for women?

Fact is, the cases of polyandry we had in the past was never in favour of the women and can never be, they were never the deciders just pawns in the scheme of things. Nature can't be cheated. They owned her like a family motor to be ridden by any of the male family members with a di.ck. Sounds progressive for women I guess as long as she does what a man can do.

Until you people realise the genders were created differently and each have their defined roles. Trying to find equality amongst them in virtually everything would be useless.

Pretty sure you pulled out those "facts" from your arse...

Polyandry was a thing of pride in some cultures. Women actually made moves to marry another man. Some even mocked others that didn't marry more. grin

So, before you come here and tell us about your "assifacts", do your research...

You now making the whole concept look ugly because deep down, you can't imagine sharing yo wife but somehow, gals should be okay sharing husbands afterall we are different, we have different roles, yadi yadi yadi, bla bla bla...
Re: The Agony Of Monogamy- By Tola Adeniyi by limamintruth: 1:32am On Sep 03, 2015
eherbal:

This piece is not set out to condemn or criticise monogamy. Monogamy is perfect for those who believe in its concept and can genuinely keep to it. I too have been married to one lovely woman for almost 45 years and it has been like a marriage made in heaven. I happen also to be the promoter along with some friends the 35-year-old Family Club of Nigeria which is dedicated to the upliftment and celebration of marriage and family values.

The article is designed to expose the hypocrisy and pain associated with embracing false notions which are really not observed by any culture in the world, and to advise those who erroneously sentence themselves to a life of sadness and emptiness because they were deceived to believe that there is some utopia somewhere called monogamy.

I am very much aware that this article will generate a lot of controversy most especially from those who live holier-than-thou life and have continued to deceive the world that they are upholders of a doctrine that is not supported by true and enlightened interpretation of any religious doctrine.

The white men, I am yet to see any human being whose skin colour is like that of chalk, came and told the unfortunate lands they invaded that the cherished cultures, traditions and religions of such lands were rubbish, and instead indoctrinated them with values which they themselves never believed in or truly practiced. We know of King Henry Vlll, and several major historical figures in ‘Christian’ Europe who had more than one wife in addition of a string of wives who their ‘laws’ forbade them to address as wives but who nonetheless perform all the functions of wife minus name.

God bless President Mitterrand who openly confessed to having two women in his life, with the one in the other house with whom he fathered an 18-year-old daughter at the time he passed on.

I have schooled, worked and lived virtually in all the continents of the world and I make bold to say with all emphasis at my disposal that no culture on planet earth truly practices monogamy. My Greek, Italian, Russian, British, American and other Caucasians routinely visit their other wives [called by other names] with whom they have children. But back in the homes shared with the one carrying the ring, they are monogamists!

If God had wanted humanity to be monogamous, He or She would not have made the pigeon the only monogamous creature.

The cultures that practice polygamy had always known that at any given time, the number of available marriageable women far out number available men plus the fact that an 80-year-old man, if he has money, is still very much in the market whereas a 60-year-old woman may not be that lucky. The biological limitation to a woman’s productive age is also a factor. Why should a woman therefore remain on the shelf till age 45 when she could jolly well get married as second or sixth wife to a man who can afford to share life’s responsibilities with her? Why should a woman leave a man with whom she is No 1, simply because took a second wife and end up being numberless in the hands of several men with whom she naturally shares bed just because of some doctrine she hardly understands?

All the women who should go and marry but are saying they do not want to share their man with another woman in a polygamous setting, are sharing current boyfriends with several other women. Where is the logic?

The argument that children in a polygamous house are always at each other’s throat does not hold water. Many siblings of monogamous families are known to have had worse and irresolvable, irreconcilable squabble, with dirty bitterness over inheritance than children from different mothers.

The agony suffered by both men and women in the hand of unnatural laws and doctrines is too stifling for comfort. In 2002, 502 Reverend mothers were reported to have died while procuring abortion in Rome. Nigerian Tribune wrote an editorial on the unfortunate incident. And stories of Reverend fathers having children and sodomising young men in their care are legion! Why the hypocrisy? Why should the world continue to live the life of Ostrich?

A well known Nigerian journalist hid his other wives from his wife because his religion would not permit of it and his wife, living in monogamy should not hear of it. At his funeral service, other wives surfaced and the woman parading the ring collapsed. It was the grace of God that prevented double interment that day!

The Western world which had not learnt the art of living amicably with more than one partner under the same roof has indulged in multiple serial marriages, divorcing innocent wives under flimsy excuses so that another woman can move in should not be measure of standard for the world. Thank God Hillary Clinton in the US and Mrs Cook in England were very much wiser. They refused to allow some indiscretion on the part of their husbands to ruin their marriages.

There was a well known American actor who passed on about a decade ago and all his 11 ex-wives with their numerous children attended his funeral. To ridicule the lie of their hypocritical existence, all the women were recognised and addressed as wives. As far as records show, the man had 11 wives!

Society must rethink this issue of pretentious monogamy vis-à-vis polygamy so that in the not-too-distant future we do not end up with millions of unmarried women whose life style would be worse than prostitutes’ and millions of children whose fathers would be nowhere to be found.
Source:http://folasophical.com/?p=1965

Though Controversial, Your Take Is Highly Revered. cool

Well personally, I believe what matters most is not the type of marriage agreement one enters into but one's ability to achieve and maintain a healthy, happy & successful marriage life with his or her spouse(s).

Secondly, one must be truthful & open to the person he/she intends to marry, with regards to the type of marriage he/she wishes to practise.
E.g, a man who fancies polygamy should be open to his intending wife-to-be about his desires and the possibility of him becoming polygamous in future. This is basically to avoid deceit & so that no one will feel cheated at the later end.

Secondly, every responsible individual (whether married or single) should only elect to become a member of organisations/bodies/religious groups e.t.c that he or she entirely agrees with their doctrines, rules & rites.
Meaning, why become a christian when you do not wholly agree with all or some contents of the Bible? undecided
That is to say, if you dislike the Bible's concept of marriage et al, simply join the religion that best suits your ideas and views rather than forcing yourself on a religion that contradicts your conviction about the issues of life.

Fourthly, all categories of marriage (be it monogamy, polygamy, polyandry, gay marriage e.t.c) have their merits and demerits whichever way you wish to look at them. And comparing each to the other will only lead to unending debates and unhealthy arguments.
Hence, my advice is that every individual should practise what he/she feels is right for him/her and stop trying to force his or her beliefs on others who do not share same opinion.

B.T.W, I totally have no problem with the practise of polygamy in anyway.

However, I sincerely do have a problem with the way some people keep asserting that polygamy is here to rescue the numerous single women around from the terrible arms of spinsterhood. These myopic people forget that societies where polygamy is widely practised are usually the societies with the highest rate of divorced women(sent back to spinsterhood cheesy ). So you'l realise that the women have not been actually helped; rather, their situation only gets worsened with time.

My2cents. cool

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Are There Still Men Who Don’t Cheat On Their Spouse / Nigerian Mother Gives Birth On London Bus / People Who Do Ivf, please hide yourself in peace (opinion)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.