Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,980 members, 7,806,865 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:05 AM

She Mandates Me To Leave Atheism - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / She Mandates Me To Leave Atheism (4771 Views)

"I'm A Muslim, My Christian Fiancee Wants Me To Become Christian Before We Wed" / From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony / My Uncle Wants Me In Amorc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

She Mandates Me To Leave Atheism by aIrbenIc(m): 3:39pm On Aug 23, 2015
She has been bringing up the issue. She asks me to believe in a supreme being even if not in her religion (Christianity) I asked her whether she doesn't love me for who I am, she said she would have ended the relationship long before then if she didn't. She still never stops asking me to drop atheism and pick up a religion, and I'm getting too pressed.

Dropping atheism isn't possible for me, expect I wanna pretend (which I made her know) I mean why should I pick up a religion I don't believe in? How do I cope with such a life? I no longer know what to reply her. I just feel like someone is choking my life. I dunno if I should get harsh on her by asking her to break up if she can't cope with me. To the atheists what would you do?

cc - Johnydon22 Davien Plaetton Pesty100 MrPresident Dapo777 theAtheist101 Frank317 etc
Re: She Mandates Me To Leave Atheism by chocolateme(f): 3:40pm On Aug 23, 2015
Why don't you seek somebody of your own kind?

1 Like

Re: She Mandates Me To Leave Atheism by aIrbenIc(m): 3:45pm On Aug 23, 2015
chocolateme:
Why don't you seek somebody of your own kind?

I thought love was beyond that.
Re: She Mandates Me To Leave Atheism by chocolateme(f): 3:48pm On Aug 23, 2015
aIrbenIc:

I thought love was beyond that.
instead of having future issues with her which would involve your future kids, then cut it at once.
It will only hurt for a while but its for the better good.
Love" alone can never be enough.

1 Like

Re: She Mandates Me To Leave Atheism by menesheh(m): 3:50pm On Aug 23, 2015
she will be the one to drop her delusion because it does no good to both of you.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: She Mandates Me To Leave Atheism by aIrbenIc(m): 3:54pm On Aug 23, 2015
chocolateme:
instead of having future issues with her which would involve your future kids, then cut it at once.
It will only hurt for a while but its for the better good.
Love" alone can never be enough.

Noted.
Re: She Mandates Me To Leave Atheism by Nobody: 3:55pm On Aug 23, 2015
I was in a similar fix sometime ago and I had to let go.

If I have no issues with you being a christian and still love you unconditionally, I can't see any reason why you should have issues with me being an atheist.

3 Likes

Re: She Mandates Me To Leave Atheism by aIrbenIc(m): 3:56pm On Aug 23, 2015
menesheh:
she will be the one to drop her delusion because it does no good to both of you.

Ahah.. I couldn't spell your moniker well. Thanks anyway.. What if she continues to prove stubborn?
Re: She Mandates Me To Leave Atheism by aIrbenIc(m): 3:56pm On Aug 23, 2015
rationalmind:
I was in a similar fix sometime ago and I had to let go.

If I have no issues with you being a christian and still love you unconditionally, I can't see any reason why you should have issues with me being an atheist.

Exactly bro. Same decision.
Re: She Mandates Me To Leave Atheism by johnydon22(m): 3:59pm On Aug 23, 2015
[b]This is really an unfortunate position, one that i can imagine well... I understand your plight and i take this to be a very delicate matter that must be approached with caution.

Your reply to chocolateme was a nice one cus Love as an emotion transcends race, colour, religions, status, ideologies and even age. . . And i think your girl friend loves your only that you state of mind is in total conflict with not only hers but her parent's, society and religion. . .So her position on this matter is understandable.

I know it is very hard to feign belief when you lack it, it can be utterly frustrating so your own position too is understandable.

This issue beats my tiny mind but can only try..

Love is acceptance and love is not condition conformity but rather accepting the other as they are....

You and your girl friend needs to have a very blunt talk over this, Is your love more than what you both believe or disbelieve?
Is the beliefs/unbelief worth sacrificing your love over?

If you both cannot accept each other as each is in his/her differences then i do not see any future for that relationship at least not a happy one.

For this to work there must be total acceptance and tolerance... I think your girl friend and yourself needs to come out more explicitly and show how you feel..

If her beliefs makes it impossible for her to be in the relationship with an unbeliever then i think you both know what should be done... But all in all i do not buy the idea of you using harsh words on her, she doesn't deserve that, no woman does.... Frank talk, you both should tell yourselves the honest truth without holding back.

What ever path things stirs into (whether to stay or not to stay) after that will be for the better

What matters after all is happiness.....
[/b]

6 Likes

Re: She Mandates Me To Leave Atheism by aIrbenIc(m): 4:04pm On Aug 23, 2015
johnydon22:
[b]This is really an unfortunate position, one that i can imagine well... I understand your plight and i take this to be a very delicate matter that must be approached with caution.

Your reply to chocolateme was a nice one cus Love as an emotion transcends race, colour, religions, status, ideologies and even age. . . And i think your girl friend loves you only that you state of mind is in total conflict with not only hers but her parent's, society and religion. . .So her position on this matter is understandable.

I know it is very hard to feign belief when you lack it, it can be utterly frustrating so your own position too is understandable.

This issue beats my tiny mind but can only try..

Love is acceptance and love is not condition conformity but rather accepting the other as they are.

You and your girl friend needs to have a very blunt talk over this, Is your love more than what you both believe or disbelieve?
Is the beliefs/unbelief worth sacrificing your love over?

If you both cannot accept each other as each is in his/her differences then i do not see any future for that relationship at least not a happy one.

For this to work their must be total acceptance and tolerance... I think your girl friend and yourself needs to come out more explicitly and show how you feel..

If her beliefs makes it impossible for her to be in the relationship with an unbeliever then i think you both know what should be done.

What matters after all is happiness.....
[/b]

Superb! Gonna have a final talk with her tonight.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: She Mandates Me To Leave Atheism by marshalcarter: 4:05pm On Aug 23, 2015
Atheism-the most dumbest word ever heard

Oga berra start blvn in GOD ooo....heaven is real undecided

1 Like

Re: She Mandates Me To Leave Atheism by plaetton: 4:06pm On Aug 23, 2015
aIrbenIc:
She has been bringing up the issue. She asks me to believe in a supreme being even if not in her religion (Christianity) I asked her whether she doesn't love me for who I am, she said she would have ended the relationship long before then if she didn't. She still never stops asking me to drop atheism and pick up a religion, and I'm getting too pressed.

Dropping atheism isn't possible for me, expect I wanna pretend (which I made her know) I mean why should I pick up a religion I don't believe in? How do I cope with such a life? I no longer know what to reply her. I just feel like someone is choking my life. I dunno if I should get harsh on her by asking her to break up if she can't cope with me. To the atheists what would you do?

cc - Johnydon22 Davien Plaetton Pesty100 MrPresident Dapo777 theAtheist101 Frank317 etc

Well, you can always become a born again Pastafarian .

FSM religion is a legitimate religion that has the Flying Spaghetti Monster as the supreme Being.
The belief in A SUPREME being should assuage her fears and reservations.

5 Likes

Re: She Mandates Me To Leave Atheism by aIrbenIc(m): 4:08pm On Aug 23, 2015
marshalcarter:

Oga berra start blvn in GOD ooo....heaven is real
undecided

Let's start with your signature...

2 Likes

Re: She Mandates Me To Leave Atheism by aIrbenIc(m): 4:10pm On Aug 23, 2015
plaetton:

Well, you can always become a born again Pastafarian .

FSM religion is a legitimate religion that has the Flying Spaghetti Monster as the supreme Being.
The belief in A SUPREME being should assuage her fears and reservations.

LOL! That was hilarious.
Re: She Mandates Me To Leave Atheism by marshalcarter: 4:11pm On Aug 23, 2015
aIrbenIc:

Let's start with your signature...
grin smart dude....real smart dude grin

undecided buh seriously...be a born again..enter church nd listen to the word
Re: She Mandates Me To Leave Atheism by johnydon22(m): 4:12pm On Aug 23, 2015
marshalcarter:

undecided
So i take it that you only believe in a God not because there is or you want to but because you fear what he might do to you should in case there is ...let me assume there is such a thing as a God that is interested in beliefs and you think you can deceive it simply by believing out of fear of what it might do to you?

What sort of individual operates on such low premise as judging others out of belief ? What sort of narcissistic character do you heap on your God.

A God capable of creating the universe is worrying over mere beliefs and worship to the extent that it has to threaten people with roasting them in a fire in order to get worship, what does this say about this God?

It shows it off to be narcissistic, chronic egoism and all in all abusive and sadistic. . I wonder why you people do not pause to see the implications the characteristics you guys heap on your God concepts has on it...

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: She Mandates Me To Leave Atheism by davien(m): 4:17pm On Aug 23, 2015
If you're comfortable with her being religious, then what's her deal with your unbelief?
My advise is that you shouldn't fool yourself just to please her... . Love in a relationship should be mutual.

Tell her why you view religion the way you do and also listen to her own pleas of why she favors religion...
Then you both should walk a mile in each others shoes.
... You go to church and she'd watch "the atheist experience" on YouTube for a few days or weeks...
But if nothing changes, then please end it.. . Because religion is more important to her than your emotions.

2 Likes

Re: She Mandates Me To Leave Atheism by menesheh(m): 4:19pm On Aug 23, 2015
aIrbenIc:

Ahah.. I couldn't spell your moniker well. Thanks anyway.. What if she continues to prove stubborn?

you know what you need and also own yourself, hopefully, you've tried fervently to convince her for awhile now to no avail.

therefore do your worst.

1 Like

Re: She Mandates Me To Leave Atheism by aIrbenIc(m): 4:21pm On Aug 23, 2015
davien:
If you're comfortable with her being religious, then what's her deal with your unbelief?
My advise is that you shouldn't fool yourself just to please her... . Love in a relationship should be mutual.

Tell her why you view religion the way you do and also listen to her own pleas of why she favors religion...
Then you both should walk a mile in each others shoes.
... You go to church and she'd watch "the atheist experience" on YouTube for a few days or weeks...
But if nothing changes, then please end it.. . Because religion is more important to her than your emotions.

Great! Thanks bro.
Re: She Mandates Me To Leave Atheism by marshalcarter: 4:22pm On Aug 23, 2015
johnydon22:
So i take it that you only believe in a God not because there is or you want to but because you fear what he might do to you should in case there is ...let me assume there is such a thing as a God that is interested in beliefs and you think you can deceive it simply by believing out of fear of what it might do to you?

What sort of individual operates on such low premise as judging other out of belief ? What sort of narcissistic character do you heap on your God.

A God capable of creating the universe is worrying over mere beliefs and worship to the extent that it has to threaten people with roasting them in a fire in order to get worship, what does this say about this God?

It shows it off to be narcissistic, chronic egoism and all in all abusive and sadistic. . I wonder why you people do not pause to see the implications the characteristics you guys heap on your God concepts has on it...

I still love ma GOD nd I'll always praise him with ma drums cos he cares...he cares for you nd i grin

Buddy.....blv in him...have faith in him...play an instrument for him...blv me...you'll see dere's more in servin him...cool...you'll be blessed...tnx buddy cheesy
Re: She Mandates Me To Leave Atheism by aIrbenIc(m): 4:22pm On Aug 23, 2015
menesheh:

you know what you need and also own yourself, hopefully, you've tried fervently to convince her for awhile now to no avail.

therefore do your worst.

As in angry

Decision is tonight. Sigh*
Re: She Mandates Me To Leave Atheism by Stconvict(m): 4:23pm On Aug 23, 2015
marshalcarter:
undecided
Just like you are the *most* dumbest kid on this block. How many of your likes do you see here anyway. This is question for atheists to answer.
So kindly pick up your stupid bible and run along.
**RI**
Re: She Mandates Me To Leave Atheism by davien(m): 4:24pm On Aug 23, 2015
aIrbenIc:

Great! Thanks bro.
No problem.. .
You can start her off here.. https://m.youtube.com/user/TheAtheistExperience/videos?shelf_id=6&sort=p&view=0

1 Like

Re: She Mandates Me To Leave Atheism by johnydon22(m): 4:28pm On Aug 23, 2015
marshalcarter:

I still love ma GOD nd I'll always praise him with ma drums cos he cares...he cares for you nd i grin
This is called Stockholm syndrome... That's your situation... read it up here https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stockholm_syndrome

Buddy.....blv in him...have faith in him...play an instrument for him...blv me...you'll see dere's more in servin him...cool...you'll be blessed...tnx buddy cheesy
I'd rather base my confidence in Reason and not FAITH which by simple definition is blind... Your faith doesn't make anything true, your faith only affirms that you believe it anyway whether it is true or not

Faith is a dishonest position to be in because it ensures stoic convictions that is assumed without reason and defended against reason..

If you have to believe it by faith, you have no reason to believe it at all...

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: She Mandates Me To Leave Atheism by marshalcarter: 4:32pm On Aug 23, 2015
Stconvict:

Just like you are the *most* dumbest kid on this block. How many of your likes do you see here anyway. This is question for atheists to answer.
So kindly pick up your stupid bible and run along.
**RI**
Still in love with ma GOD...cum let's praise him 2geda...blv me it'll be fun...nd the word of GOD aint stupid :p
Re: She Mandates Me To Leave Atheism by marshalcarter: 4:35pm On Aug 23, 2015
johnydon22:
This is called Stockholm syndrome... That's your situation... read it up here https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stockholm_syndrome
I'd rather base my confidence in Reason and not FAITH which by simple definition is blind... Your faith doesn't make it true, your faith only affirms that you believe it anyway whether it is true or not

Faith is a dishonest position to be in because it ensures stoic convictions that is assumed without reason and defended against reason..

If you have to believe it by faith, you have no reason to believe it at all...
Bros.....me wit you no dey fyt ooo....but cum to GOD nd he'll welcum you with open arms...learn to love GOD....he's with you...he's with me cheesy

#singin..babababababababa baba mi lo ke-baaaabaaa(let's go dancin) cool
Re: She Mandates Me To Leave Atheism by onetrack(m): 4:40pm On Aug 23, 2015
What she needs to understand is that belief cannot be forced. You either believe or you don't. For example, I can't imagine how I could force myself to believe that 2+2=5. It simply isn't going to happen.

1 Like

Re: She Mandates Me To Leave Atheism by onetrack(m): 4:43pm On Aug 23, 2015
marshalcarter:

Still in love with ma GOD...

And in your signature you say:

I love bad b1tches dats ma fvckin problem

Therefore, God is a bad b1tch?

Just wondering.
Re: She Mandates Me To Leave Atheism by Stconvict(m): 4:44pm On Aug 23, 2015
marshalcarter:

Still in love with ma GOD...cum let's praise him 2geda...blv me it'll be fun...nd the word of GOD aint stupid :p
Knew it **Reply Incoming**.
Dude, believe me, I can't be convinced, I've already tasted religion and it is damn sour. And there is nothing fun about wasting the precious percentage of my life screaming to nonexistent entity.
Sorry, no fact, no consideration.
And pls stop acting like you are being nice.
You hate my motion, I hate your motion.

1 Like

Re: She Mandates Me To Leave Atheism by johnydon22(m): 4:44pm On Aug 23, 2015
Cc. Seun lalasticlala i think people need to see the effect difference in theistic tilt can have in a relationship because this simple fact happens all the time even between two theists of varying religions... Please front page!!!

1 Like

Re: She Mandates Me To Leave Atheism by marshalcarter: 4:57pm On Aug 23, 2015
Stconvict:

Dude, believe me, I can't be convinced, I've already tasted religion and it is damn sour. And there is nothing fun about wasting the precious percentage of my life screaming to nonexistent entity.
onetrack:

And in your signature you say:
Therefore, God is a bad b1tch?
Just wondering.
Stconvict:

Naaaaah ion hate any1's motion....but if you hate mine..fine..nd i cnt force you to be who you dnt wanna be....nyz chattin with you cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

PHOTOS - The 4 Spiritual Patriarchs / Question: Talking Snake / "Unless One Is Born Of Water And Spirit, He CANNOT Enter The Kingdom Of God "

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.