Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,443 members, 7,808,579 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:43 PM

Three Ways To Prevent Your Online Account From Cyber Bullies - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Three Ways To Prevent Your Online Account From Cyber Bullies (512 Views)

Secure From Cyber Security Attacks In 2018 / Some Useful Tips To Secure Your Facebook Account From Dangerous Folks / Ransomware Attacks 2017: What Is Ransomware And How To Prevent, Stop Ransomware (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Three Ways To Prevent Your Online Account From Cyber Bullies by pico4421: 7:10pm On Aug 23, 2015
As of recent, many things are beginning to happen online as the security online is no longer worth all trust. There is a saying among I.T experts that “Security is an illusion”. Isaac Yeffet also said, “We have an illusion of security, we don’t have security”. Helen Keller a Notable American Author said “Security is most a superstition. Is does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it.

I would like to start by saying on a strong note that we really aren’t sure because of the modern day technologies, in fact, these devices make our lives a lot less secure. This might sound a bit anti progressive, but if you’ve been current with the most recent news, you’ll understand better why I have that opinion
Today in Scholars Joint, we are going to be sharing with Scholars, Some safety Precautions to take while running online activities.

1. The Use of Cyber Cafes: Most People make use of the Cyber café’s especially when one has not gotten a system yet and needs to run some kind of research which requires the use of a high Screen Enabled device. Some people consider this one of the safest place to browse, or run and online research but the truth is, it isn’t actually the best place to do perform such actions.
Most in these modern times, there are so many software people use in constituting nuisance in the cyber world. There is actually software called Key logger. This software collects all data you process on a particular pc having that particular software and the mastermind behind the installation of the software gets all details and uses it for all kinds of threats.
Most times on facebook, you see a good friend of yours, posting links with unclad photos yet you keep wondering when and how did your friend who you know would never perform such act become one. This is one situation where this happens. The mastermind uses the details to promote his illicit contents and also act as a means to drive traffic to his blog.

Not to worry, This could actually be prevented by running a full check on the pc you would want to use in any café and after use, try to log out all registered details from the computer.

2. Installion Of Anti-Virus On your PC/Smart Phone : Most cases, we come across a useful app and would certainly not want to pass by without downloading, not knowing that it contains other malicious software which might cause harm or affect your online activities. There was actually a period where I noticed a certain change in my browsers. Whenever I log into a website, this particular ad keeps popping out creating a distraction on what I actually want to perform. I noticed that it got installed after I ran a check on my control panel but how did that happen? I sure would never for a day download such app whereas its name is not as welcoming to make me download it. It was later I got to realize that this malicious software joined another software I downloaded while surfing the net.
How to Prevent this? It is very easy. Installing strong anti-Virus with firewalls will help in preventing this from occurring.

3. Avoid Filling Unnecessary forms Online: Have you encountered a situation where you are been asked to fill a form together with your login details? For Christ Sake, what do they need my login details for? DO they actually want to help occupy my space online I asked? Ya, they do not actually want to replace you, they want you to replace your self. Confusing I guess? Ok, take for instance, You come online only to see your account (Facebook) and you see illicit contents posted with your name. You, a great personality that inspires people through your updates, now causing problems through illicit posts, Could you see how you’ve been replaced?

The assured way to prevent such act to avoid filling forms that ask for your login details as this could be very harmful and frustrating. This is mostly performed by entertainment bloggers, who use peoples account in posting lustful contents. I advise you don’t fall prey to their trap because you would never find it enjoyable.

Source : http://www.scholarsjoint.com/2015/08/four-ways-to-prevent-your-online.html

(1) (Reply)

Transfer Files From Android Device To Any Computer Web Browser Over The Air / Check This Out / Own A Website Or Weblog Very Cheap

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.