Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,134 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:44 AM

Ford Cars Quite Explicit - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Ford Cars Quite Explicit (97630 Views)

BMW Is Already Recalling New M760li Over Oil Leak – Quite Fast! / How Reliable And Maintenance Friendly Are Ford Cars? / In Need Of General Enlightenment About Ford Cars (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (31) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by Femtopford(m): 2:58am On Oct 20, 2015
2002 focus fall among the old model, all parts available and prices very low, there isn't any disadvantage. Most of our focus customers hadn't experience any major issues except only routine service.
Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by Femtopford(m): 4:25pm On Oct 21, 2015
Ford edge and flex 3.5lits engine incorporate electronic timing advancement for optimum fuel economy.
Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by Femtopford(m): 5:10pm On Oct 22, 2015
Ford hybrid is very reasonable and helps a lot in fuel economy, the two sections of generator and traction motors take possession at every idle and part throttle while the vehicle runs independent of fuel. This system is not prone to problem in Ford products
Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by sboba: 7:39pm On Oct 22, 2015
femtopford

Please whats your take on 2008 ford edge toks....about to hit pay button
Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by Femtopford(m): 11:58am On Oct 29, 2015
Sboba
Please call :07069191035, 08089670554
Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by Femtopford(m): 11:24am On Oct 31, 2015
Multiple cylinders in Ford can't consume fuel, there is power overlap at combustion which is detected by respective sensors, then the PCM reduces injection time pulses and allows the vehicle to utilize the extra power gained from overlap thus reduces fuel supply into the engine.
Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by CourtierJay: 9:49pm On Nov 01, 2015
Nice job @femtopford. Please I need ur recommendation on a naija used 2008 mazda tribute. Wanna buy it off a friend as I've gotten a good deal from. Obviously not ford but I heard ford took over mazda and with ur expertise you might have a few things to say. Thanks.
Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by Femtopford(m): 7:36am On Nov 02, 2015
You have almost hit the mark, not just few things to say but whole. Mazda tribute 2002-2014 is 100% equivalents to Ford escape 2002-2014 in the aspects of Mechanical, electrical and electronic. It's a good vehicle, you should go for it promptly. All you need to know about it are stated in my articles.
Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by sammyashons: 1:14pm On Nov 03, 2015
Femtopford:
You have almost hit the mark, not just few things to say but whole. Mazda tribute 2002-2014 is 100% equivalents to Ford escape 2002-2014 in the aspects of Mechanical, electrical and electronic. It's a good vehicle, you should go for it promptly. All you need to know about it are stated in my articles.
Good job here so far bro, please what advice can you give concerning getting a ford freestyle? What's the fuel economy like and cost of maintenance?
Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by Femtopford(m): 2:02pm On Nov 03, 2015
Ford freestyle is very good, it's a compeer of edge and so you enjoy all merit as I have stated in all my edge analysis : low fuel consumption, better volumetric /thermal efficiency, higher power output etc.
Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by Nobody: 2:54pm On Nov 04, 2015
Good job@femtopford. i want your candid advice on this please. I intend buying a Ford Explorer off a colleague who has used it for a while now.
So far there hasn't been any complain whatsoever and the car drives fine with no issues. It's an 03 model with a V8 engine. He has used it now for 2 years now after purchase. what will you advice. i like the SUV but i hear it is problematic and mechanics make a mess of the repairs with the parts been expensive. Please, whats your take on this. thank you
Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by Femtopford(m): 7:22pm On Nov 04, 2015
Every negative statement about 03 4.6lits Explorer are groundless rumor. Since there isn't any complaints, get it, I can guarantee it, it's a vehicle you can rely on across its technological chain.
All you need to do is engine /transmission service
Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by CourtierJay: 3:06pm On Nov 05, 2015
Hello, please what will it cost me to do engine/transmission service and general check on the mazda tribute I want to acquire?
Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by Femtopford(m): 5:59pm On Nov 05, 2015
Please call this numbers : 07069191035 or 08089670554
Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by Femtopford(m): 11:31am On Nov 07, 2015
Ford edge cracking noice at cold start. The use of any other engine oil aside Motorcraft recommended synthetic will damage the vvt assembly of the engine and causes : (1)cranking noise at cold start, (2) attraction in timing, (3)tapping noise at idle, (4)display of engine malfunction light on the instrument cluster, (5)engine erratic running and (6)engine premature wear.
Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by Femtopford(m): 8:58am On Nov 09, 2015
ABS light comes on while driving in Ford f150 5.4lit (2005-2010) can be easily rectified without complicating the ABS /ESP electronics. It's just minor adjustments on the ring tones of the front wheels.
Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by Femtopford(m): 7:03pm On Nov 10, 2015
Ford escape 2.0lit hybrid 2002-2010 is most reliable in fuel economy, the durability of the hybrid generator motor, traction motor and electronic are equivalent to the life span of the vehicle. Need no maintenance.
Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by Femtopford(m): 8:52am On Nov 13, 2015
Lincoln navigator air suspension should be recalibrated at routine service to sustain its unsprung properties, because of rapid oscillation on rough roads.
Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by oluwafemi89(m): 8:08pm On Nov 13, 2015
Hi professional;
Am getting my first car this month...

Am considering Mondeo or Focus (automatic) 02.. Please which will you recommend for me as first timer.

And why?

THANKS
Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by Femtopford(m): 8:20am On Nov 16, 2015
Both are Mazda 02(1.8/2.0lits). No difference in their fuel economy, the mechanical /electrical are 98% equivalent. Only bodies are different, mondeo exterior is more beautiful than focus in terms of angular curves. The choice is yours.
Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by Femtopford(m): 8:24am On Nov 18, 2015
Ford Ranger /everest are best for your business. Nigeria government has also chosen it for the forces and administration. Its maintenance costs very low, electrically and mechanically simple to repair.
Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by AkayTopsy: 6:46pm On Nov 18, 2015
Good Job Bro! MORE Motorcraft fluid to your ELBOW.

Pls I am expecting my first Vehicle from Ford by weekend from Coutonu. A 2001 Ford Explorer Sport Trac for my farm use.

Kindly advise on the first basic things I have to do to ensure a good start with my new Ride.

God Bless.
Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by Femtopford(m): 9:14am On Nov 20, 2015
Thanks for Motorcraft acknowledgement. Basic things to do at foremost are engine and transmission service.
Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by AkayTopsy: 10:37am On Nov 20, 2015
Kindly educate me more...

What is the difference between transmission service and engine service?

I stay in Abj. pls where can I get Motorcraft Fluid/Oil and how much does it cost?
Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by whizboi19001: 6:22am On Nov 21, 2015
Hello house I plan to buy a Ford Explorer 2012 or 2013 model by next week and I need to know if there are any issues I should be aware of? I currently drive a 2003 Explorer, its very rugged and the most reliable car I have ever used. I have been using my explorer for over 7 years now without any issues, without even opening the engine apart from normal change of oil and tires. I need expert advise about the latest models of Ford Explorer.

Is it advisable to buy this car in Lagos or Cotonue?
I want to know which car shops in Lagos I can find Ford Explorer 2012/2013, I am not looking at RT Briscoe and Cosharis ALL their things are extremely expensive and for politicians only.

FOR CAR DEALERS IN NIGERIA OR COTONUE: Whats your best deal for a 2011/12 Ford explorer Limited or XLT? It must be full options, reverse camera, leather seat and most importantly the mileage should me below 100,000.

Since I am not based in Lagos I want to get as much info as possible before beading to Lagos next week.
Thanks in advance
Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by Femtopford(m): 1:58pm On Nov 21, 2015
whizboi19001:
Hello house I plan to buy a Ford Explorer 2012 or 2013 model by next week and I need to know if there are any issues I should be aware of? I currently drive a 2003 Explorer, its very rugged and the most reliable car I have ever used. I have been using my explorer for over 7 years now without any issues, without even opening the engine apart from normal change of oil and tires. I need expert advise about the latest models of Ford Explorer.

Is it advisable to buy this car in Lagos or Cotonue?
I want to know which car shops in Lagos I can find Ford Explorer 2012/2013, I am not looking at RT Briscoe and Cosharis ALL their things are extremely expensive and for politicians only.

FOR CAR DEALERS IN NIGERIA OR COTONUE: Whats your best deal for a 2011/12 Ford explorer Limited or XLT? It must be full options, reverse camera, leather seat and most importantly the mileage should me below 100,000.

Since I am not based in Lagos I want to get as much info as possible before beading to Lagos next week.
Thanks in advance

Explorer 12/13 is also reliable as you have enjoyed 03 even better, rate of depreciation of spare parts on Explorer 13 is very minimal than 03. All that required is just routine service
Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by brownsoldier(m): 11:58pm On Nov 22, 2015
I truly like the Ford Edge but im terribly concerned about availability of the parts in the east where i reside and a good automechanic. I can't imagine having to call or think of transporting a faulty car all the way to Lagos. Can you proffer a solution Femtopford?
Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by Femtopford(m): 8:01am On Nov 23, 2015
Femtop is on standby to ease your constraints, edge spare parts is in high circulation across the country and field service technicians from femtop move around the country for the attention of clients.

1 Like

Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by whizboi19001: 10:10am On Nov 23, 2015
brownsoldier:
I truly like the Ford Edge but im terribly concerned about availability of the parts in the east where i reside and a good automechanic. I can't imagine having to call or think of transporting a faulty car all the way to Lagos. Can you proffer a solution Femtopford?

Soldier man you gat nothing to worry about, since the last 6 years Nigerians have started patronizing FORD vehicles in very large numbers.
I have a ford explorer, I used to buy spare parts from Aba but last 2 years i discovered its about 50% cheaper in Onitsha. So since you are in the East anytime you want to buy any spare parts that is above 10k just go to Onitsha.

Edge is Fords version of the venza and the parts are available nationwide. I dont think theres any vehicle in Nigeria whose parts you wont find in Onitsha

2 Likes

Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by Lyoncrescent: 11:10am On Nov 23, 2015
I dont recommend the 2008 ford edge . Its none of my business but you may want to take a look at the link below.

http://www.carcomplaints.com/Ford/Edge/2008/

I believe the 2009 ford edge is better as it has less issues.

http://www.carcomplaints.com/Ford/Edge/2009/

All the best.

3 Likes

Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by Femtopford(m): 2:39pm On Nov 23, 2015
whizboi19001:

Soldier man you gat nothing to worry about, since the last 6 years Nigerians have started patronizing FORD vehicles in very large numbers.
I have a ford explorer, I used to buy spare parts from Aba but last 2 years i discovered its about 50% cheaper in Onitsha. So since you are in the East anytime you want to buy any
spare parts that is above 10k just go to Onitsha.

Edge is Fords version of the venza and the parts are available nationwide. I dont think theres any vehicle in Nigeria whose parts you wont find in Onitsha

Thanks a lot for the confirmation of availability of Ford spare parts across the country.
Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by brownsoldier(m): 2:57pm On Nov 23, 2015
whizboi19001:

I have a ford explorer, I used to buy spare parts from Aba but last 2 years i discovered its about 50% cheaper in Onitsha. So since you are in the East anytime you want to buy any spare parts that is above 10k just go to Onitsha.

Thanks a lot sir. You've been helpful. but what about a good automechanic?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (31) (Reply)

List Of 24 Cars You Should Never Buy By Nigerian Twitter User (Photos) / Photos-Official Car Of The Nigerian President / Right Hand Drive (RHD) To Left Hand Drive (LHD) Conversion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.