Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,487 members, 7,808,801 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:03 PM

Fashola Spent N139million On Two Boreholes - Lagos Government - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Spent N139million On Two Boreholes - Lagos Government (41913 Views)

Ogun Dried River: Lagos Government Releases Statement / Nigerian Twitter Users Call Out Ambode Over Report That Fashola Spent N139m On / Fashola Spent N139million On Two Boreholes - Lagos Government (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola Spent N139million On Two Boreholes - Lagos Government by ibedun: 11:59am On Aug 24, 2015
Firefire:

Omo aale ni kan lo n fi owo osi juwe ile baba re.

Omo Odua ni mi tokantokan

I am going nowhere, sorry, I am...

Are You? IF true apologies Omo odua!!! If false .....then I say ....Yaminrin...go to the Oba of Lagos palace and declare you 100% allegiance and remember to marry a Yoruba wife. Then i can call you 'omo iya'

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Spent N139million On Two Boreholes - Lagos Government by Rad1cal: 12:05pm On Aug 24, 2015
BannedOtherView:

^^^Get an education and stop ranting, it will do you a world of good. cheesy
On a good day, you are no match son!

Source: DailyTrust

More stones for this Zombified fool.

A borehole contractor, Mr. Elijah Idowu, who runs Noble Fourstar Hydro Resources, explained the process it takes to reach a depth where drinkable water can be extracted in the Ikoyi-Victoria Island-Lekki zone.

He said, “Digging borehole is never a child’s play in that zone because you will be talking of about 500 or 700 metres before one can reach a drinkable water depth.

“If an average depth borehole is about N500,000 in another place, you will be looking at about N7m to dig a borehole in a place like Lekki or Ajah

http://www.punchng.com/news/lagosians-in-highbrow-areas-may-be-drinking-own-faeces-investigation/
Re: Fashola Spent N139million On Two Boreholes - Lagos Government by IbokUtoroh(m): 12:05pm On Aug 24, 2015
alt3r3g0:
The former governor was also said to have spent N1.6bn on the construction of a 48-bedroom hotel at Lagos State VIP Chalets, Badagry.
And 7 billion produced an abandoned Vp house.

Anyways naija is gradually getting there. This would def not have been news during gejs tenure. With time every politician, irrespective of party will be held accountable.
bobo, nigeria is practising a federated system of govt where each federating units has its powers.
President dont hv powers over state, a president cant dictate what a state govr can do in his state.
The worstthe president can do is withdraw the police orderlies attached to the govr like in d case of chris ngige by obj.
The only institution that is instituted to checkmate what d govr does is the state assmbly. This can only be possible if the assmbly members has opposition party as its majority, so the govr will always be careful so as not attract queries or impeachment.
Buhari can never touch or fight any govr if he spends recklessly n has d backing of his state assmbly men.
We aint in millitary regime but democracy, so stop making buhari look like a god.
Re: Fashola Spent N139million On Two Boreholes - Lagos Government by Rad1cal: 12:10pm On Aug 24, 2015
eguerilla a.k.a BannedOtherView should hide his worthless self in shame.

Why will such an old hack derive joy in defending the indefensible . shocked
Re: Fashola Spent N139million On Two Boreholes - Lagos Government by Firefire(m): 12:11pm On Aug 24, 2015
ibedun:

Are You? IF true apologies Omo odua!!! If false .....then I say ....Yaminrin...go to the Oba of Lagos palace and declare you 100% allegiance and remember to marry a Yoruba wife. Then i can call you 'omo iya'

Apologies accepted. cool

Eleha to ri egun, awo ri awo ni. tongue

Laifi igba kan bo ikan ninu, awon adariwa ni gbogbo ona ti fi iya je awon ara ilu ju. Isee owo 'ilu mokunkun, ina apaa ati ijoba ta ni yio mu mi.

Ijoba fami lete, ki tu to'. Opin gbudo de ba, ninu ijoba AYIPADA yii.

If we must fight corruption in Nigeria, it must be a full and total war, beginning from all of us.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Spent N139million On Two Boreholes - Lagos Government by tomakint: 12:12pm On Aug 24, 2015
mikolo80:
fashola is a thief but his 2 over 100 is better than the 0.1 over 100 of all the other governors put together
Definitely, you are not thinking very well.....for you to think Fashola (whose Lagos monthly revenue is equivalent to virtually all the yearly revenues of 4 States in Northeast) is better than all other Governors performance makes you bigger fraud. Meanwhile, I still dey look you.........

Re: Fashola Spent N139million On Two Boreholes - Lagos Government by BannedOtherView: 12:14pm On Aug 24, 2015
Rad1cal:

More stones for this Zombified fool.

http://www.punchng.com/news/lagosians-in-highbrow-areas-may-be-drinking-own-faeces-investigation/

Why is this fool still quoting me?
Are you not the same ignoramus who ran up the hill shouting fire, without providing proof earlier? grin

Granted, you appear to be making some progress.
I see you have set aside your ill-informed assumptions about water tables cheesy
See what a day in eGuerrilla's school of logic does to the mind.

Now hear this: if the FGN was given a quote of close to $200,000 for a 600 metre borehole in 2007; it is just possible that your song and dance (hue and cry if you will), with respect to figures for 2013 (for a built-up urban area), is completely out of place.

I have eviscerated Fashola on these boards - Jamine (one of the saner and more cerebral TANoids) will testify to this.
What I won't do now, though, is bask in the conjectural musings that you and others of your ilk run with. Geddit?
Show me cast iron proof of impropriety on this particular subject (boreholes), and I will extend a handshake.
Until that time comes, naff off cool

Re: Fashola Spent N139million On Two Boreholes - Lagos Government by Firefire(m): 12:15pm On Aug 24, 2015
tomakint:

Definitely, you are not thinking very well.....for you to think Fashola (whose Lagos monthly revenue is equivalent to virtually all the yearly revenues of 4 States in Northeast) is better than all other Governors performance makes you bigger fraud. Meanwhile, I still dey look you.........

embarassed

Re: Fashola Spent N139million On Two Boreholes - Lagos Government by mikolo80: 12:17pm On Aug 24, 2015
tomakint:

OK when next election comes, vote for the 4 northern governors. unless USA outsources a Clinton to us or ezekwesili runs for president I will vote for fashola
Re: Fashola Spent N139million On Two Boreholes - Lagos Government by franksam2009: 12:23pm On Aug 24, 2015
One hotel for 1 billion?? God they watch una oo
Re: Fashola Spent N139million On Two Boreholes - Lagos Government by NGELEBUBE: 12:27pm On Aug 24, 2015
this is d change they promised,
more revelations coming soon,
this people are never a better option,
they are the same people,

PDP=APC
APC=PDP
PDP+APC=PDP
APC+PDP=APC
selfish set of people!
Re: Fashola Spent N139million On Two Boreholes - Lagos Government by Sagamite(m): 12:27pm On Aug 24, 2015
These projects are obviously criminal projects.

We already know Julius Berger is deeply interwoven into Nigeria's corruption, but I also note that many of the projects were awarded to Deux Projects Ltd and A Abicon Engineering Limited.

It is only common sense to know that ANY large project awarded in Nigeria to companies who refuse to unveil their owners and directors on their websites are just corruption vehicles.

The people running Deux Project Ltd and A Abicon Engineering Limited are criminals that have milked public money with corrupt civil servants.

A Abicon Engineering Limited does not even have a website, yet is winning $1m+ projects?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fashola Spent N139million On Two Boreholes - Lagos Government by Rad1cal: 12:29pm On Aug 24, 2015
BannedOtherView:

[s]Why is this fool still quoting me?
Are you not the same ignoramus who ran up the hill shouting fire, without providing proof earlier? grin

Granted, you appear to be making some progress.
See what a day in eGuerrilla's school of logic does to the mind.

Now hear this: if the FGN was given a quote of close to $200,000 for a 600metre borehole in 2007, it is just possible that your song and dance (hue and cry if you will) with respect to figures for 2013 (for a built-up urban area) is completely out of place.

I have eviscerated Fashola on these boards - Jamie (one of the saner TANoids) will testify to this.
What I won't do now, though, is bask in the conjectural musings that you and others of your ilk run with. Geddit?
Show me cast iron proof of impropriety on this particular subject (boreholes), and I will extend a handshake.
Until such time, naff off cool[/s]

All you have done all day is use one sad excuse to wish away the other. Using an arguably inflated FG figure in 2007 to defend this scam places you as an effeminate cretin.

A a man who knows his stuff has spoken, yet all you do all day is lift up inflated figures and statements from Public officials who do all but protect their feast on our common resources.

A borehole contractor, Mr. Elijah Idowu, who runs Noble Fourstar Hydro Resources, explained the process it takes to reach a depth where drinkable water can be extracted in the Ikoyi-Victoria Island-Lekki zone.

He said, “Digging borehole is never a child’s play in that zone because you will be talking of about 500 or 700 metres before one can reach a drinkable water depth.

“If an average depth borehole is about N500,000 in another place, you will be looking at about N7m to dig a borehole in a place like Lekki or Ajah

Why justify one scam by lifting up a very old source from equally inflated figures ?.

Imagine this fool justifying [size=14pt]$860,000 quotation for just 2 boreholes[/size], using the same template from an arguably inflated FG source.

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fashola Spent N139million On Two Boreholes - Lagos Government by Charly68: 12:30pm On Aug 24, 2015
Tinubu's spin Doctors will fail woefully in an attempt to tarnish the image of Mr Fashola.. They thought they can escape with their schemes without being exposed...this is the greatest joker of the century..A man driven by greed & covetousness will end up destroying himself one day. It is high time the south west people realise that this self acclaimed leader is only fighting for himself & family ..No matter the deceit and public blackmail,nobody can destroy the one that God has made..they will soon be tired.
Re: Fashola Spent N139million On Two Boreholes - Lagos Government by ZUBY77(m): 12:34pm On Aug 24, 2015
400billionman:

Guy, China is more developed than Europe and USA... See below..

https://www.nairaland.com/2536150/americans-flocking-china#37118556

Yea.. in terms of infrastructure, I believe you.
But there are other things to consider too.
Mindsets, human rights etc.

I have lived in Europe for years.
I m currently in China.
I know this first hand.
Re: Fashola Spent N139million On Two Boreholes - Lagos Government by CORRECTMAN78(m): 12:37pm On Aug 24, 2015
This is why I hate "godfatherism", if you don't agree to their terms and conditions, they will crush you like a mere rat.

This has happend to many Nigeria politicians; OBJ/GEJ, and currently, Tinubu/BRF.

Now the question is-- if Tinubu, OBJ, etc could bring their political loyalist on their kneels cause of misunderstanding, who will help us bring this strong men(Tinubu and OBJ) to their own kneels?

Or don't you think they are with greater percentage of our billions?

Honestly, APC(Tinubu) made us believe that BRF was a saint, not until their interest clashed.
Let the fight "kontinu", we will be their spectators.
Re: Fashola Spent N139million On Two Boreholes - Lagos Government by BannedOtherView: 12:39pm On Aug 24, 2015
[s]
Rad1cal:

All you have done all day is use one sad excuse to wish away the other. Using an arguably inflated FG figure in 2007 to defend this scam places you as an effeminate cretin.

A a man who knows his stuff has spoken, yet all you do all day is lift up inflated figures and statements from Public officials who do all but protect their feast on our common resources.

Why justify one scam by lifting up a very old source from equally inflated figures ?.

Imagine this fool justifying [size=14pt]$860,000 quotation for just 2 boreholes[/size], using the same template from an arguably inflated FG source.

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!
[/s]

Mumu! The figure I provided comes from a white paper titled 'The Drilling Environment and Establishing a Drillers Association in Nigeria: Summary Report October 2007'. And furthermore, unlike the Subject Matter Expert you quoted; it is detailed to include the cost of 'drilling, pump, generator and overhead tank supply and installation'.

So you have it on good authority that it was similarly inflated?
I triple dare you to go ahead and provide cast iron proof!

Ministry of Water Resources, Kaduna State, Borehole Costs
Under the Kaduna State Economic Empowerment Programme the State Ministry has a 4-year rolling plan to drill 6000 rural water supply boreholes in the state starting from 2004. In the current year contracts have been awarded for 221 boreholes fitted with hand pumps. The boreholes are priced at $7420 per borehole inclusive of pump supply and installation

1 Like

Re: Fashola Spent N139million On Two Boreholes - Lagos Government by airsaylongcon: 12:44pm On Aug 24, 2015
IbokUtoroh:

u be mumu to say the least.
Do u knw hw much they r being paid as governors n hw much they collect as allowance?
Do u knw credible n better contractors that would hv handled those contracts n monies saved for other purposes, but where turned down n not allowed to show thier portfolios of what they can offer?
Young graduates r roaming the streets looking for opportunities, but ur governor who suppose to create environment for all graduates to thrive n succeed isnt, embezzling monies meant for others, inflating contract sum n abusing his office, u dey here talk workshop.
May GOd run ur life the way all these politicians weada pdp or apc r running dem states.

Looolz at credible and better contractors. I repeat na where person dey work na e dey chop. Given previous regimes that have stolen and not worked, I'd rather have someone who is stealing while working.
Re: Fashola Spent N139million On Two Boreholes - Lagos Government by Rad1cal: 12:50pm On Aug 24, 2015
BannedOtherView:
[s][/s]

[s]Mumu! The figure I provided comes from a white paper titled 'The Drilling Environment and Establishing a Drillers Association in Nigeria: Summary Report October 2007'. And furthermore, unlike the Subject Matter Expert you quoted; it is detailed to include the cost of 'drilling, pump, generator and overhead tank supply and installation'.

So you have it on good authority that it was similarly inflated?
I triple dare you to go ahead and provide cast iron proof!

Ministry of Water Resources, Kaduna State, Borehole Costs[/s]

More gibberish from the effeminate swine. How has your rant [size=14pt]justified the $860,000 scam[/size] for just two boreholes in 2013 . . . .

When you are in a hole. Stop digging .

1 Like

Re: Fashola Spent N139million On Two Boreholes - Lagos Government by BannedOtherView: 12:55pm On Aug 24, 2015
[s]
Rad1cal:

More gibberish from the effeminate swine. How has your rant [size=14pt]justified the $860,000 scam[/size] for just two boreholes in 2013 . . . .

When you are in a hole. Stop digging .

[/s]

I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it ~ George Bernard Shaw

1 Like

Re: Fashola Spent N139million On Two Boreholes - Lagos Government by Rad1cal: 12:58pm On Aug 24, 2015
BannedOtherView:
[s][/s]

[s]I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it ~ George Bernard Shaw

[/s]

[img]http://www.google.com.ng/url?sa=i&source=imgres&cd=&ved=0CAYQjBwwAGoVChMI0dL6odXBxwIVyAgaCh3LSQQL&url=http%3A%2F%2Fcdn.meme.am%2Finstances%2F500x%2F57444445.jpg&ei=yAbbVdHOFciRaMuTkVg&psig=AFQjCNFMergrbihoHnmM7zpww3ZGGTfI5A&ust=1440503880518137[/img]
Re: Fashola Spent N139million On Two Boreholes - Lagos Government by ikkkkk: 1:11pm On Aug 24, 2015
Fashola, their hero.
Re: Fashola Spent N139million On Two Boreholes - Lagos Government by ndcide(m): 1:31pm On Aug 24, 2015
Coolcash1:
ITS OBVIOUS THAT BOLA TINUBU HAS TEAMED UP WITH AMBODE TO RUBBISH TO REMARKABLE AND UNPARALLELED FEAT OF THE PEOPLE'S GOVERNOR...FASHOLA KNOWN TO BE A DISCIPLINE AND THOROUGH PROFESSIONAL REFUSED TO BOW TO THE DICTATES OF BAT WHILE IN OFFICE AT THE DETRIMENT OF LAGOSIANS. FASHOLA SACKED AMBODE AS ACCOUNTANT GENERAL, RELEGATED THE ROLE OF ALPHA BETA CONSULTING IN LAGOS STATE TAX ADMINISTRATION AND COLLECTION, STOPPED ALLOCATION OF ROAD CONSTRUCTION CONTRACTS TO HITEK CONSTRUCTION LTD.

A VERY BRILLIANT JOURNALIST FRIEND OF MINE SHARED WITH ME SOME OF THESE DIRTY THINGS AND MANY MORE PLANNED BY LAGOS APC BIG WIGS TO RUBBISH AND DISGRACE BRF FOR PUTTING INTEREST OF THE PEOPLE ABOVE GOD FATHER'S INTEREST WHILST IN OFFICE.

THEREFORE, I AM NOT SURPRISE THIS IS COMING OUT. BUT LET ME WARN THAT AS A STAUNCH APC SUPPORTER AND BELIEVER IN BRF IF THIS CONTINUES APC WILL BREAK AND GO INTO OBLIVION IN LAGOS STATE.

BE WARNED!!!

Oh shot up! Because it's fashola, we shouldn't shame corruption? We've always known that high level corruption was going on in APC led government here, we've cried out on many occasions but no one wants to hear.

Fashola is too insignificant to break apc in Lagos. However, I feel they've over stayed. If not for politics of tribalism, APC shouldn't be in charge of Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Spent N139million On Two Boreholes - Lagos Government by Nobody: 1:49pm On Aug 24, 2015
Fashola i wudnt call him a thief tho bt he never stole any money all he took was the change from all his transaction the change from the borehole nd all

Well apc are just annoying me all cos they all want ministerial post they are washing deir dirt out
Tinubu shd av no gut to talk shit to fashola cos d man shared d change wit him
Tinubu shd slow down wit his love for money d blood of lagosians who died out of proverty are on him

Gov Ambode shd stop all dis accusations nd get to work he shd kno sumday anoda person wud take over dat office and expose him
Do unto odas wat u want them to do unto you

The begining of lagos problem starts with tinubu nd ends wiv d obas of lagos oniru nd co
Am sad all dey care bou is deirselves nd their family a day will come wen d whole world wud turn against one anoda whereby all d politicians kids wud be force bck home lets see ow dey survive wit d invisible infastructures they av built down
That day is really coming

#word
Re: Fashola Spent N139million On Two Boreholes - Lagos Government by luorquay: 1:52pm On Aug 24, 2015
E clear say BRF don enter one chance with TINUBU!!!!
Re: Fashola Spent N139million On Two Boreholes - Lagos Government by adekaz777: 1:54pm On Aug 24, 2015
Fighting corruption will remain "witch hunting" if fashola and ameachi are not jailed. Its not only borehole saga all his contracts are far more inflated at times four time gej they accused of corruption. All politician steal public fund with inflated contracts or "paper contracts that never exist". The duo have many of these contracts than any in last regime. Fashola & Ameachi are the most corrupt politicians! Lagos internal revenue generation got N48 billion per month under fashola with minimum of N25 Billion Per Month in his last 4 years in office but unfortunately growth and development can not match these huge amount of money. Fashola debts profile is worrysome; he inherited net debts of N1Billion from Tinubu's govt and he left N500 Billion debt for Ambode but shameless fashola said its N482Billion. Before i came to lagos, i tought he has performed wonders with lagos development has i watch the propaganda on media but money spent was outrageous. If Buhari is serious Fashola should be jailed!
Re: Fashola Spent N139million On Two Boreholes - Lagos Government by Walelavender(m): 1:55pm On Aug 24, 2015
If Fashola is found culpable, he should be tried by the law court. However, if it's all about BAT higi haga to stop Uncle Fash being in PMB government, he should know he is on a long thing. Yeye dey smell
Re: Fashola Spent N139million On Two Boreholes - Lagos Government by Nobody: 2:01pm On Aug 24, 2015
ndcide:

Oh shot up! Because it's fashola, we shouldn't shame corruption? We've always known that high level corruption was going on in APC led government here, we've cried out on many occasions but no one wants to hear.

Fashola is too insignificant to break apc in Lagos. However, I feel they've over stayed. If not for politics of tribalism, APC shouldn't be in charge of Lagos.

Shut up too! Which party shd now take over is it pdp!
Where obanikoro is involved ? Sumone worse dan tinubu u berra shut it if u dont kno parties well i mean deep well u shut it.

Only God can help nigeria no party can
Even if a new party come into power they will do more
we talkin bou avin access to endless cash comin in wiv no truthful law to guide against wasteful spending
Lagoa wudnt av changed even if a pharmacist come into power

Nigeria can never grow it all started from the educational nd upbringing background

Where a zoologist became a president nd u all werent expected to be treated as animals?
I laff d country wont grow if a 3mouth plug is forced work wiv a 3 mouth sockets
Sigh
There is no job employment cos people practicing a discipline has occupied anoda job opportunity meant for anoda persons discipline

More like an history graudate workin in a bank and ow do u expect a real bankin nd finance student not cry no job wat a bleeped up country
Re: Fashola Spent N139million On Two Boreholes - Lagos Government by Nobody: 2:04pm On Aug 24, 2015
Stella Oduah was Nigeria's best aviation minister in a very long time, but these same hypocrites wasted no time in branding her a thief over the car scandal.

All these allegations and Fashola is still defended?

Nigeria is truly a worthless country.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashola Spent N139million On Two Boreholes - Lagos Government by babs4president: 2:07pm On Aug 24, 2015
lurther:
When you fight God's chosen people! God fights back for them.

Look at how the lagos yoruba leaders are fighting themselves dirty. They same people that threatened a whole tribe before the election. I wonder on who's side the oba of lagos will stand now. Is he on Tinubu's side or Fashola's side? This fight is sure God's fight for his people.

This is just the beginning.
. I think the generosity n hospitality of d yorubas must not b taken for timidity. In as much oba Akiolu erred in his infamous speech about d igbos (which I scolded him for) yet no yooba man dare behave (anywhere in oda part of naija) d way igbos are behaving in Lagos. I was born at Anambra had my pre and post primary at d state went for my degree at ABU Zaria so av seen part of naija to warrant my conclusion. Yes u mit say Lasgidis is a cosmopolitan city but wat abt Onitsha, Kano, PH, Kaduna to mention bt a few. There4 my dear comrade let us respect one another tribe in our comment.
Re: Fashola Spent N139million On Two Boreholes - Lagos Government by ndcide(m): 2:18pm On Aug 24, 2015
halfrica:

Shut up too! Which party shd now take over is it pdp!
Where obanikoro is involved ? Sumone worse dan tinubu u berra shut it if u dont kno parties well i mean deep well u shut it.

Only God can help nigeria no party can
Even if a new party come into power they will do more
we talkin bou avin access to endless cash comin in wiv no truthful law to guide against wasteful spending
Lagoa wudnt av changed even if a pharmacist come into power

Nigeria can never grow it all started from the educational nd upbringing background

Where a zoologist became a president nd u all werent expected to be treated as animals?
I laff d country wont grow if a 3mouth plug is forced work wiv a 3 mouth sockets
Sigh
There is no job employment cos people practicing a discipline has occupied anoda job opportunity meant for anoda persons discipline

More like an history graudate workin in a bank and ow do u expect a real bankin nd finance student not cry no job wat a bleeped up country

Abeg fly comort..

What sought of bullsshit did you just put up here.

We are talking about crass high handedness, brazen inflation of contracts and heavy corruption perpetrated and concealed by the past Lagos state administration, you are talking out of point.

You think if the truth about Lagos state is revealed you'll be able to defend them? Bunch of thieves defending fellow thieves and pointing at others.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

I Will Collect My N4Billion From Sahara Reporters – Saraki / Police To Parade Dino Melaye With Criminals In Lokoja / Is It Time For Ndi Igbo To Panic? - Sahara Reporters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.