Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,474 members, 7,808,706 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:44 PM

Top Ten Breakup Of Musical Groups In Nigerian Music Industry - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Top Ten Breakup Of Musical Groups In Nigerian Music Industry (42133 Views)

Charles Billion And Mimi Rashaad, His Wife Breakup After Welcoming Their Son / Juliet Ibrahim Speaks On ‘Breakup’ With Iceberg Slim / Juliet Ibrahim Fuels Breakup Rumours As She Deletes All Photos Of Iceberg Slim (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top Ten Breakup Of Musical Groups In Nigerian Music Industry by Nobody: 7:31pm On Sep 27, 2015
Chestar5:
I MISS STYL PLUS cry.... OLUFUNMI
awww

1 Like

Re: Top Ten Breakup Of Musical Groups In Nigerian Music Industry by hakinze00(m): 9:06pm On Mar 28, 2016
Mo'hits also
Re: Top Ten Breakup Of Musical Groups In Nigerian Music Industry by Nobody: 9:44pm On Mar 28, 2016
PDP Band

1 Like

Re: Top Ten Breakup Of Musical Groups In Nigerian Music Industry by GudluckIBB(m): 9:49pm On Mar 28, 2016
Shebarh:
don't know most of them sha

.......Yea,you were still a baby when these guys were rulling the airwaves.

I rememeber when I will be going to work then, you will be crying for me to carry you. And I always buy biscuit for you on my way back from work.....

How time flies.

1 Like

Re: Top Ten Breakup Of Musical Groups In Nigerian Music Industry by yemoxyl(m): 9:50pm On Mar 28, 2016
Yoruba will say....Ogun omode ole sere fun odun ogun smiley

1 Like

Re: Top Ten Breakup Of Musical Groups In Nigerian Music Industry by Cholls(m): 9:52pm On Mar 28, 2016
lolz the only group I'm missing till date nd also wish they are back is stylplus,missed their romantic voices
my brother sexkillz
Re: Top Ten Breakup Of Musical Groups In Nigerian Music Industry by Irishrena1(f): 9:55pm On Mar 28, 2016
Styl Plus is the most touching
Re: Top Ten Breakup Of Musical Groups In Nigerian Music Industry by Irishrena1(f): 9:59pm On Mar 28, 2016
Shebarh:
How old are you? You didn't at least hear Olufunmi o. Smh. You were still in diapers
Re: Top Ten Breakup Of Musical Groups In Nigerian Music Industry by Nobody: 9:59pm On Mar 28, 2016
What about Zule Zoo? Are they still together?
Re: Top Ten Breakup Of Musical Groups In Nigerian Music Industry by obiak4(m): 10:00pm On Mar 28, 2016
miracleanyigbo:
please who can remember this song jesu mi ooooh by song group of guyz am trying to remember their names , dey sang that sing with little kids on white outfit all custom on the video
SIX TEAM FIVE GUYS PLUS GOD
THAT WHAT THEY SAY OOOO
Re: Top Ten Breakup Of Musical Groups In Nigerian Music Industry by creamylicious(f): 10:01pm On Mar 28, 2016
Kenny saint brown and essence

1 Like

Re: Top Ten Breakup Of Musical Groups In Nigerian Music Industry by adefizzy(m): 10:03pm On Mar 28, 2016
Iamsynord:

read first paragraph sir

some people don't read the articles, they jst take a glance at d topic n comment.
Re: Top Ten Breakup Of Musical Groups In Nigerian Music Industry by Lero15(m): 10:08pm On Mar 28, 2016
I know all of them...
I don old sha embarassed
Re: Top Ten Breakup Of Musical Groups In Nigerian Music Industry by VictorRomanov: 10:08pm On Mar 28, 2016
Blacktribe
Re: Top Ten Breakup Of Musical Groups In Nigerian Music Industry by donem: 10:09pm On Mar 28, 2016
Iamsynord:

Lol You think KceePresh were poorly talented ?? They had hits bruv
U are very right, they also had swagger and level.
Re: Top Ten Breakup Of Musical Groups In Nigerian Music Industry by domopps(m): 10:12pm On Mar 28, 2016
No small e remain Psquare for make this list of yours Op

Miss Ego and Lagbaja tho Never far away my best track back then

Good Job Op

Cheeeeers
Re: Top Ten Breakup Of Musical Groups In Nigerian Music Industry by chidexSmokey(f): 10:12pm On Mar 28, 2016
How time flies...I know 99% of the songs.
Re: Top Ten Breakup Of Musical Groups In Nigerian Music Industry by yekparikpa(m): 10:14pm On Mar 28, 2016
Do you know about coal city boys? Well it was of Illbliss and Obiwon.
Re: Top Ten Breakup Of Musical Groups In Nigerian Music Industry by cupidhero(m): 10:17pm On Mar 28, 2016
Omoge and Shakomo by Remedies. grin, Those jam made sense those days. We shakomo!
Re: Top Ten Breakup Of Musical Groups In Nigerian Music Industry by franzis(m): 10:19pm On Mar 28, 2016
Thought I read something similar to this 2 days ago on thenet.ng ....hmmmm
Re: Top Ten Breakup Of Musical Groups In Nigerian Music Industry by santino09: 10:25pm On Mar 28, 2016
Listening to resonance now...Esther has a very sweet voice.
Re: Top Ten Breakup Of Musical Groups In Nigerian Music Industry by BornnAgainChild(f): 10:25pm On Mar 28, 2016
Shebarh:
You don't belong to the 90's then
Re: Top Ten Breakup Of Musical Groups In Nigerian Music Industry by BornnAgainChild(f): 10:26pm On Mar 28, 2016
yemoxyl:
Yoruba will say....Ogun omode ole sere fun odun ogun smiley

You mean to say 20 friends don't play for 20years
Re: Top Ten Breakup Of Musical Groups In Nigerian Music Industry by Ninilowo(m): 10:26pm On Mar 28, 2016
Sina Peters and Segun Adewale. The used to be Sina Adewale before but e Don tay....... No be for ds generation sha

1 Like

Re: Top Ten Breakup Of Musical Groups In Nigerian Music Industry by yemoxyl(m): 10:27pm On Mar 28, 2016
BornnAgainChild:

You mean to say 20 friends don't play for 20years
Yes
Re: Top Ten Breakup Of Musical Groups In Nigerian Music Industry by Temysteve(m): 10:31pm On Mar 28, 2016
Shebarh:
u knw fit knw dem, coz u're still in KINDAGTEN den...
Re: Top Ten Breakup Of Musical Groups In Nigerian Music Industry by 9jatatafo(m): 10:33pm On Mar 28, 2016
I know all but I miss plantashun boys and style plus
Re: Top Ten Breakup Of Musical Groups In Nigerian Music Industry by makingsense(m): 10:37pm On Mar 28, 2016
Iamsynord:
The List Consists of Breakups of Some of the most prominent Nigerian Contemporary musical groups and Does not contain break ups involving record labels or band ( Mohits,Trybez record,Alapomeji .Coded tunes) and also doesn't include producer and artiste break up either.

1) Styl Plus - The Styl Plus consisting of Shifi Omoefe, Zeal and Tunde
were responsible for the smash hits.Olufunmi.Runaway.Iya basira and Imagine dat.Soon after the release of the Four years don waka track,Styl plus officially seperated and Tunde went ahead to pursue a solo career

2) Kcee Presh- Spanning hits like Shokiri bobo.Senge Menge after winning the maiden Star Quest edition,Kcee and Presh decided to go their different ways around 2011.Kcee went on to release smash hit Limpopo under Five Star Music act and Presh released say dem say ft Davido under Eric manny records.

3) Xappeal- The 2000 hit album.Bo Mess was released by Xappeal duo consisting of Jazzman Olofin and Lexzy Doo .Soon,the group spilted and Jazzman olofin released Raise the roof while Lexzy doo dropped Baby Skeske .

4) Remedies- With hit songs like Shakomo and Omoge,The remedies Consisting of Tony tetuila.Eedris abdulkareem and Eddie Remedy were Quite Famous in the 90s and even had a deal with kennis music. The Group Fell apart due to irreconcilable differences .

5) Plantashun Boys - The Plantashun Boys emerged as One of the forerunners of RnB in the Nigerian Music industry. After two successful albums.( Body and Soul) and ( Sold Out). the group consisting of 2face .Faze and BlackFace decided to call it quit as the artistes pursued their solo career.

6) Maintain- aka The Boys from Ibadan ,Olu maintain,Tolu and Big Bamo ruled the nigerian music scene with hit Singles like i Catch Cold and Nibo la wa gbe lo ".The Group splitted in 2005 with olu maintain Going on to release Yahooze and Big bamo released " Fi jo ko wo je"
and popotiti.

7) TrybesMen - Consisting of Eldee.Kaboom and Freestyle with hit singles.Shake bodi and Trybaz marks before Eldee left to america and came back to launch his Solo career and Trybes records .

cool Kush - Consisting of Lara George,TyBello.Emem ema and Dapo.The Group released the hit single " Stay together" and the hit debut album " The experience" before splitting in 2004.

9) Infinity - Infinity group consisting Akinbode Kehinde ( Kenny Kore) NNogo Samson,Okougbo Joseph, Sunny Steve and
David Thomas Adebiyi brought us the Mega hits olori oko and Aye Ole.The Group did not last for long as Kenny Kore went ahead to launch a succesful solo career.

10) Lagbaja and Ego - Though we cant really say a Musical group per say but worked like one . After hit Singles such as Konko below,Na do na Do ,Never Far away. Nothing for you.,The Duo decided to call it Quit and Pursue individual careers.

Notable Mentions

Resonance
Oyinkasola Twins
junior and Pretty
zule Zoo
Xproject

Written and Compiled by IamSynord ( Pls always acknowledge the Writer to avoid plagiarism )

Why on earth is mo hits. It on the list
Re: Top Ten Breakup Of Musical Groups In Nigerian Music Industry by hucienda: 10:49pm On Mar 28, 2016
The funniest was Styl Plus.

After 'bragging' nobody go solo in their 'Four Years' song...

Suddenly, that was the end... parted ways. Solo.
Re: Top Ten Breakup Of Musical Groups In Nigerian Music Industry by Doubleagent008(m): 10:50pm On Mar 28, 2016
abeg!!! what's up with p-square? they back or they have Waka? heard one crying girl brought them back. how true about the coming back?
Re: Top Ten Breakup Of Musical Groups In Nigerian Music Industry by Godson201333(m): 10:51pm On Mar 28, 2016
Shebarh:

you must be an underage

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Empress Njamah Poses With Her Range Rover With Customized Plates / Ini Edo Celebrates New Year In Dubai, See Exotic Photos / Mr Eazi Begging For Song Writers And Music Ideas [PICS]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.