Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,148 members, 7,780,090 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:32 AM

Mil P0441,p0446,p0401,p0773 - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Mil P0441,p0446,p0401,p0773 (1657 Views)

Help With My 98 Camry P0401 Code / P0441 Error On Camry 2010 / O7 Camry Tyre Pressure Monitor Display Issues And Error Code P0441 Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mil P0441,p0446,p0401,p0773 by kindredspirit(m): 7:10pm On Aug 24, 2015
Hello Cousins. Please kindly help me with some advice. My 6-year old Camry 1999 threw up the above codes after I ran a scan. The car seems okay apart from the sudden increase in RPM when I start it, especially in the mornings. It revs itself very high close to the 2000 level. It however drops when I engage the gear to "D". Appreciate any advice. Thank you.
Re: Mil P0441,p0446,p0401,p0773 by DECOtech(m): 9:40am On Aug 25, 2015
kindredspirit:
Hello Cousins. Please kindly help me with some advice. My 6-year old Camry 1999 threw up the above codes after I ran a scan. The car seems okay apart from the sudden increase in RPM when I start it, especially in the mornings. It revs itself very high close to the 2000 level. It however drops when I engage the gear to "grin". Appreciate any advice. Thank you.

The P0773 has to do with a shift solenoid in ur tranny. The shift solenoid E. Either the valve is faulty or there's poor electrical connection at the harnesses other possible culprits cld be low transmission fluid level or even a dirty transmission fluid.

The other 3 codes relate to your EGR system. You could either have a blockage that thereby restricts exhaust gas flow, the EGR valve being bad or there's a poor electrical connection making the system not to function properly.

As for ur engine revving high in the mornings when u first start it, that's a normal thing for any car engine except hybrids.

1 Like

Re: Mil P0441,p0446,p0401,p0773 by kindredspirit(m): 10:30am On Aug 25, 2015
DECOtech:

The P0773 has to do with a shift solenoid in ur tranny. The shift solenoid E. Either the valve is faulty or there's poor electrical connection at the harnesses other possible culprits cld be low transmission fluid level or even a dirty transmission fluid.

The other 3 codes relate to your EGR system. You could either have a blockage that thereby restricts exhaust gas flow, the EGR valve being bad or there's a poor electrical connection making the system not to function properly.

As for ur engine revving high in the mornings when u first start it, that's a normal thing for any car engine except hybrids.

Thanks DECOtech. A mechanic told me the EGR issues do not pose any serious issues to the car's performance. Is that a fact? As I mentioned , the car works fine, by own reckoning, as it drives smoothly. Or so it would seem.

However he said the 0773 code is a major problem that should be taken care of.

As per the high RPM in the morning, this is a new development. It never used to rev that high upon ignition in the mornings. It revs itself soooo high as though it was possessed. Could it be related to the 0073 code? Another mechanic thinks so.
Re: Mil P0441,p0446,p0401,p0773 by DECOtech(m): 1:30pm On Aug 25, 2015
kindredspirit:

Thanks DECOtech. A mechanic told me the EGR issues do not pose any serious issues to the car's performance. Is that a fact? As I mentioned , the car works fine, by own reckoning, as it drives smoothly. Or so it would seem.

However he said the 0773 code is a major problem that should be taken care of.

As per the high RPM in the morning, this is a new development. It never used to rev that high upon ignition in the mornings. It revs itself soooo high as though it was possessed. Could it be related to the 0073 code? Another mechanic thinks so.

The P0773 code relates to you Automatic "gearbox".

The EGR issue does not hamper the running of your engine. However, in countries where there are laws on vehicle emissions you wld be mandated to fix it. I'm afraid 9ja doesn't have any emission law.

Can't say any other thing about the high rpm in the mornings unless I do a physical examination on ur car.
Re: Mil P0441,p0446,p0401,p0773 by femicousim: 9:47pm On Aug 25, 2015
DECOtech:

The P0773 code relates to you Automatic "gearbox".

The EGR issue does not hamper the running of your engine. However, in countries where there are laws on vehicle emissions you wld be mandated to fix it. I'm afraid 9ja doesn't have any emission law.

Can't say any other thing about the high rpm in the mornings unless I do a physical examination on ur car.

i am afraid i have to disagree with you sir, the EGR is also important in the smooth operation of an engine, 1st it's part of the vaacuum system and helps in fuel economy and emission. with the P0401, you have an exhaust gas recirculation flow insufficient which may be caused by EGR valve or clogged EGR ports/passages.

the effect of the EGR not opening or flow being restricted is that you have detonation(spark knock or ping ) during acceleration or during cruising.that's excessive combustion chamber pressure which causes severe spark knock, piston damage, or even a blown gasket

2ndly, it increases the NOx (excessive oxides of nitrogen) exhaust emission, causing burning eyes or watery eyes

as for partially open or stuck open EGR valve, it makes the vehicle idle roughly or frequent stalling, sagging, stumbling or hesitating

it also accounts for low power/poor performance, especially @ low engine speed

1 Like

Re: Mil P0441,p0446,p0401,p0773 by Ndusco4ps: 9:16am On Feb 06, 2020
Please good people can you recommend a competent mechanic to treat this Solenoid E issue. Having different opinions from different mechanic s. One said the gear need to be replaced others said it's gear seat that make my car to jeck. But I do not totally agree with them us it does not happen in the morning. Am in Lagos. Urgent response will be appreciated.
Re: Mil P0441,p0446,p0401,p0773 by Nobody: 9:48am On Feb 06, 2020
Connect with Gazzuzz

(1) (Reply)

PHOTO: Floyd Mayweather's New $4.8M Ride Is One Of Only Two On Earth / Avensis Malfunction / Urgent Advice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.