Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,343 members, 7,808,209 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:43 AM

Formula 1 Grandprix 2009 - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Formula 1 Grandprix 2009 (5061 Views)

FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped / Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 / Formula 1 Grand Hotel - 2011 Season (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Formula 1 Grandprix 2009 by nazzyon(m): 8:45am On Mar 29, 2009
Holla F1 Fans,

We are in a new season.

Brawn GP a new team is out as the Favourite to win the 2009 Championship

Hamilton expects to defend his title in 2009

Ferrari's hoping that Massa will win in 2009

Raikonen the 2007 Champion believes he can win again.

Alonso the former Champion believes he can Win in 2009 with his Renault

Mclaren admits that they have the worst car of all but are hope to grind something out again this year.
Re: Formula 1 Grandprix 2009 by nazzyon(m): 8:50am On Mar 29, 2009
DRIVER'S STANDING AFTER THE RACE

P. Driver Team Time Stops

1 Jenson Button Brawn

2 Rubens Barrichello Brawn

3 Jarno Trulli Toyota

4 Lewis Hamilton McLaren

5 Timo Glock Toyota

6 Fernando Alonso Renault

7 Nico Rosberg Williams

8 Sebastien Buemi Toro Rosso

9 Sebastien Bourdais Toro Rosso

10 Adrian Sutil Force India

11 Nick Heidfeld BMW

12 Giancarlo Fisichella Force India

13 Mark Webber Red Bull

14 Sebastian Vettel Red Bull

15 Robert Kubica BMW

16 Kimi Räikkönen Ferrari

17 Felipe Massa Ferrari

18 Nelson Piquet Renault

19 Kazuki Nakajima Williams

20 Heikki Kovalainen McLaren
Re: Formula 1 Grandprix 2009 by nazzyon(m): 1:55pm On Mar 29, 2009
P. Driver Team Time

1 Jenson Button Brawn
2 Rubens Barrichello Brawn
3 Lewis Hamilton McLaren
4 Timo Glock Toyota
5 Fernando Alonso Renault
6 Nico Rosberg Williams
7 Sebastien Buemi Toro Rosso
8 Sebastien Bourdais Toro Rosso
9 Adrian Sutil Force India
10 Nick Heidfeld BMW
11 Giancarlo Fisichella Force India
12 Jarno Trulli Toyota
13 Mark Webber Red Bull
14 Sebastian Vettel Red Bull
15 Robert Kubica BMW
16 Kimi Räikkönen Ferrari
17 Felipe Massa Ferrari
18 Nelson Piquet Renault
19 Kazuki Nakajima Williams
20 Heikki Kovalainen McLaren

Jano Trulli was penalised for overtaking Hamilton after the Safety car was on track.

So Hamilton is now on podium to win 6 points behind Brawn's Rubens Barrichello who came second on the grid.

Jano Trulli is now 12th on the Grid
Re: Formula 1 Grandprix 2009 by Markos23: 3:55pm On Mar 29, 2009
Great start to the season for Brawn. I am surprised to see Hamilton on the podium considering he didn't compete in the qualifying season.

Kirk Phinney.
Re: Formula 1 Grandprix 2009 by FBS: 4:07pm On Mar 29, 2009
if the Brawn team can do same in the next 3 GP's, then they may have a chance.
LH was fantastic. A 3rd place finish after starting from 18th? fantastic wont you agree?
Re: Formula 1 Grandprix 2009 by A40(m): 2:50am On Mar 30, 2009
I saw the highlights and damn them Brawn cars are fast any car that can push Jensen Button to the top of the grid has to be super-fast,Hamilton was something else though that dude was just born to drive but the million dollar question is what happened to my darling Ferrari there must be something wrong with their new car but i am pretty sure they would bounce back in the next set of races like they did last year
Re: Formula 1 Grandprix 2009 by FBS: 1:03pm On Apr 02, 2009
Hamilton excluded from Australian GP shocked

Reigning world champion Lewis Hamilton has been stripped of his third place at the season-opening Australian Grand Prix for deliberately misleading race stewards.

The governing FIA stated that Hamilton and his McLaren team had both been excluded from the classification of the race.

Toyota's Italian Jarno Trulli, who had been handed a 25-second penalty and demoted to 12th place at a post-race hearing for overtaking Hamilton during the second safety car period, was reinstated in third.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/02042009/58/hamilton-excluded-australian-gp.html
are these mumus serious at all? what shait of stewards are these?
Re: Formula 1 Grandprix 2009 by A40(m): 4:14am On Apr 03, 2009
Na waah ooh! but to be honest Lewis needs to cut down on this his high risk approaches (lying) just a little bit the FIA would do anything not to let him defend that title and he would be wise not to play into their hands by funny tactics and tricks
Re: Formula 1 Grandprix 2009 by FBS: 8:55am On Apr 03, 2009
these stewards are jokes. . .LH would have won the title 2 seasons ago but the culprits were not docked points. The guy let it lie and still won it in a heart stopping way the following season.

These guys are not serious. Honestly.
Re: Formula 1 Grandprix 2009 by nazzyon(m): 8:44am On Apr 04, 2009
A-40:

Na waah ooh! but to be honest Lewis needs to cut down on this his high risk approaches (lying) just a little bit the FIA would do anything not to let him defend that title and he would be wise not to play into their hands by funny tactics and tricks

I wouldn't blame Hamilton for his actions 'cos if you are not a team player in MotoGP, WSB, WRC, A1 GP or F1 you won't last in any of those races.

They are just like the Mafia.

My pray is just that Mclaren should not be banned 'cos if they do it will affect Hamilton & Heiki.

Ryan is the fall Guy, 'cos he told Hamilton to lie and now he's been suspend.
Re: Formula 1 Grandprix 2009 by Phony200(m): 1:15pm On Apr 04, 2009
Brawn GP's Jensen Button is in pole for Malaysian GP tomorrow.
Re: Formula 1 Grandprix 2009 by biina: 9:42am On Apr 05, 2009
It was idiotic of LH to lie about something that could easily be verified. To worsen things, he actually said the truth in a TV interview a few minutes after the meeting with the stewards. The guy needs to hold himself to a higher standard.
Re: Formula 1 Grandprix 2009 by nazzyon(m): 12:32pm On Apr 05, 2009
MALAY RACE STANDING

P. Driver Team Time

1 Jenson Button Brawn 5

2 Nick Heidfeld BMW 4

3 Timo Glock Toyota 3

4 Jarno Trulli Toyota 2

5 Rubens Barrichello Brawn 2

6 Mark Webber Red Bull 2

7 Lewis Hamilton McLaren 1

8 Nico Rosberg Williams 0

9 Felipe Massa Ferrari 0

10 Sebastien Bourdais Toro Rosso 0

11 Fernando Alonso Renault 0

12 Kazuki Nakajima Williams 0

13 Nelson Piquet Renault 0

14 Kimi Räikkönen Ferrari 0

15 Adrian Sutil Force India 0

16 Sebastian Vettel Red Bull out

17 Sebastien Buemi Toro Rosso out

18 Giancarlo Fisichella Force India out

19 Robert Kubica BMW out

20 Heikki Kovalainen McLaren out

Another win for BRAWN GP and Jenson Button but the race was decided in the 33rd Lap and each driver will be award half of the actual point today.

First 2009 Formula point for Luis Hamilton.

And for the second time race in roll, no point for Ferrari's Kimi & Massa.
Re: Formula 1 Grandprix 2009 by nazzyon(m): 12:34pm On Apr 05, 2009
[size=15pt]NEXT RACE[/size]

Friday April 17 - Sunday April 19
Chinese GP - Shanghai

* Free Practice 1
    * Free Practice 2
    * Free Practice 3
    * Qualifying
    * The Race (56 Laps)

Who will be the winner in China?
Re: Formula 1 Grandprix 2009 by nazzyon(m): 12:44pm On Apr 05, 2009
Funny Sebastien Vettel asks the heaven to do its worst but forgot to add that it should be in his favour.

Unfortunately, heaven answered his prayer by raining which he requested and he ended up loosing again today.
Re: Formula 1 Grandprix 2009 by FBS: 5:17pm On Apr 05, 2009
rain was heavy today and they had to stop on the 25/26 lap. victory to J button again. second in a row.
LH=6th.
Re: Formula 1 Grandprix 2009 by A40(m): 7:10pm On Apr 05, 2009
Jeez weren't there any weather forecasts before the race? lol so Button took this one again? this Brawn Mercedes car is something special.I saw the Ferrari car in practice race and those people need to tweak some things the braking is suspect and its not handling corners well it also looks slower compared to last year heck they might have as well raced with a VW Beetle i would be shocked if they don't bounce back even though Brawn look like they mean business
Re: Formula 1 Grandprix 2009 by FBS: 7:36am On Apr 06, 2009
even the redbull car was fantastic especially at the corners.
whats up with the maclaren mercedes cars? looks like their gear 6 no dey work?

Brawn Mercedes means business.

But what sort of rule is that? stop a race midway? what if rain started right on the first lap?
Re: Formula 1 Grandprix 2009 by Nobody: 12:00pm On Apr 06, 2009
Strange rule.
But Button apparently isn't a flash in the pan as we think.
I'm, looking for my original guy,Raikonen to wi nthe title this season.
Re: Formula 1 Grandprix 2009 by RuuDie(m): 6:44pm On Apr 06, 2009
Looks like its gonna be a real topsy turvy season with lots of unusual names popping up everywhere - Brawn, Button

whatever happened to Hamilton, Alonso, Massa
Re: Formula 1 Grandprix 2009 by A40(m): 2:23am On Apr 07, 2009
FBS:

even the redbull car was fantastic especially at the corners.
whats up with the maclaren mercedes cars? looks like their gear 6 no dey work?

Brawn Mercedes means business.

But what sort of rule is that? stop a race midway? what if rain started right on the first lap?
Honestly F1 these days is not the sport i grew up watching and loving,these days its just so complicated with crazy rules and stuff

Those Brawn cars look like they got rocket engines in them
Re: Formula 1 Grandprix 2009 by FBS: 6:58am On Apr 07, 2009
A-40:

Honestly F1 these days is not the sport i grew up watching and loving,these days its just so complicated with crazy rules and stuff

Those Brawn cars look like they got rocket engines in them
The rules now are nothing but a joke. Imagine scoring more points does not give you the title but winning more races will. i.e If you win say 5 GPs then you are likely to take the title even if someone else has more points than you. me think that is strange.

The BM car's diffuser as I understand is illegally creating downforce and you know what that means. A hearing on that is due in Paris this month.

RuuDie:

Looks like its gonna be a real topsy turvy season with lots of unusual names popping up everywhere - Brawn, Button

whatever happened to Hamilton, Alonso, Massa
Brawn is not a name of a driver. Its a car and also the name of F1 team Boss, Ross Brawn (a former techical director of Ferrari but now with his own team-Brawn Mercedes after buying the honda team).

Hamilton, Massa, Alonso are still in dream land. They still cannot understand whats going on.
Re: Formula 1 Grandprix 2009 by A40(m): 8:43am On Apr 07, 2009
FBS:

The rules now are nothing but a joke. Imagine scoring more points does not give you the title but winning more races will. i.e If you win say 5 GPs then you are likely to take the title even if someone else has more points than you. me think that is strange.

The BM car's diffuser as I understand is illegally creating downforce and you know what that means. A hearing on that is due in Paris this month.

Its crazy and ironically those rules may favor Hamilton because i am sure the FIA wants to avoid last year's debacle but the rule makes no sense they might as well stop using points and strictly use races won

Yeah it gives the car more thrust apparently
Re: Formula 1 Grandprix 2009 by nazzyon(m): 3:20pm On Apr 08, 2009

Looks like its gonna be a real topsy turvy season with lots of unusual names popping up everywhere - Brawn, Button Huh

Jenson Button has been in formula One for about 9 years now and the last car he drove was for the Honda Team.  He almost lost his job when Honda announced that they will stop racing in formula one and MotoGP which they eventually did in formula one but not in MotoGP.

Fortunately for Button Honda Formula one was acquired by Ross Brawn.

If that happens they will temporarily suspend the race and continue later in the day.

I'm, looking for my original guy,Raikonen to win the title this season.

Strangely, Raikonen does not look like a guy that can win anything this season. He qualified for the Malay race in 9th position but flopped and finished @ Sepang in 14th spot. Even Massa who qualified in 16th was better; finished the race in 9th position.
Re: Formula 1 Grandprix 2009 by FBS: 6:40am On Apr 14, 2009
nazzyon:

If that happens they will temporarily suspend the race and continue later in the day.
that is if the weather permits. During the last race, it was abandoned or didnt you watch it?
Re: Formula 1 Grandprix 2009 by FBS: 6:42am On Apr 14, 2009
Button waits on F1 car's legality
Jenson Button will find out if his car is legal when world motorsport's governing body, the FIA, makes a final ruling on the diffuser row on Tuesday.

The Formula 1 championship leader's Brawn Grand Prix team, Toyota and Williams use a split-level diffuser.

The FIA rejected a protest by rival teams who argue the design does not conform to the new 2009 regulations.

But the International Court of Appeal will rule on the issue and could deduct points from Brawn, Toyota and Williams.

An independent panel will hear arguments from both sides in Paris on Tuesday, with a verdict expected the following day.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/7996698.stm

Re: Formula 1 Grandprix 2009 by Nobody: 10:58am On Apr 14, 2009
The Brawn Car.
Suspicious.
That's all I have to say.
Re: Formula 1 Grandprix 2009 by FBS: 7:04pm On Apr 15, 2009
FIA ruled in their favor today. hmmm
Re: Formula 1 Grandprix 2009 by dinozzo(m): 8:31pm On Apr 15, 2009
I'm just happy Button has been winning, his career looked to be going down the drain a few months ago
Re: Formula 1 Grandprix 2009 by A40(m): 4:07am On Apr 16, 2009
dinozzo:

I'm just happy Button has been winning, his career looked to be going down the drain a few months ago
You can say that again

Eastbay:

The Brawn Car.
Suspicious.
That's all I have to say.
That car has a rocket engine in it somewhere its unbelievably fast!! I have seen Benetton Ford's,William Renault's,McClaren Mercedes and Marlboro Ferrari's but this car is quiksilver
Re: Formula 1 Grandprix 2009 by nazzyon(m): 8:39pm On Apr 16, 2009
Brawn GP may be fast now but by the time the others finish their own Diffuser, it may be relegated to the back of the grid.

Even without the Diffuser Mclaren & Ferrari are not far behind. By the time they finish their diffuser don't be surprised if they put Brawn out of the competition.

Brawn only has the opportunity of 2 if not 3 more races to get more points.
Re: Formula 1 Grandprix 2009 by A40(m): 11:13pm On Apr 16, 2009
Jeez i was wondering why this car was so fast and every other car just seemed slow next to it!! I should have known they had a bit of a head start anyways lets see how the other teams react

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

BET ALERT!! Free Sure Odds TodAy / Kano Pillars Vs Ac Leopards (4 - 1) On 16th March 2013 / CAF Snubs Nigerian Referees For AFCON 2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.