Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,545 members, 7,809,005 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:00 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1019) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4367003 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1016) (1017) (1018) (1019) (1020) (1021) (1022) ... (3662) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by money121(m): 7:31pm On Aug 15, 2018
Anacondaprick:
Professionals in the house, pls how much would it cost to roof and for a ceiling measuring 216sqm using long span Aluminum

Send full measurements to 08085310359 for Rough estimate
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ambrosedmax(m): 7:34pm On Aug 15, 2018
beloase:
Hi guys I need help from experts in the house. I received the below estimates from a carpenter to roof my house, and I was thinking you guys could help me understand if these materials are not too and the workmanship too. The house 25700 by 9675.

Wood estimate 3/4=50pies =50*2200=110,000
2/4=170pies =1100*170=187,000
2/3=180pies=1000*180=180,000
2/2=260pies= 500*260=130,000
1/12= 50pies =1500*50=75,000
Nail= 3inch two bags, 4inch two bags 9000*4=36,000
Workmanship =120,000
Total =838,000.
I have a picture of the house below
50 1x12 might be too much for facial board, if you are within Abuja and around, our team would be willing to give you a free estimate.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Talk2iyfy: 8:03pm On Aug 15, 2018
Can 9 inches block be used for foundation. Then after DPC you can use 9 and 6
topsy23:

9" block is the best for foundation
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by adanny01(m): 8:28pm On Aug 15, 2018
topsy23:

You can make use of the digital type

The digital has the same margin of error except for human error and parallax. Micrometer screw guage is the most precise.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by adewaleID: 10:02pm On Aug 15, 2018
Hi Guys, do you have idea of pricing for these frame in lagos. We need about 40 units

pic credit goes to Spyder880

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by chccho(m): 8:35am On Aug 16, 2018
Contact me for all your iron and steel materials at best prices
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by filcast(m): 3:50pm On Aug 16, 2018
Hello house, am presently in the market for 12mm rod, quarter rod, binding wire and 3&2" nails. Kindly recommend reliable brands for me. Thanks.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 5:20pm On Aug 16, 2018
Hi all,am at plastering stage and my engineer sent me these frames,is it this the normal frame cos I sent him something else and he said this was better
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by chccho(m): 7:39pm On Aug 16, 2018
filcast:
Hello house, am presently in the market for 12mm rod, quarter rod, binding wire and 3&2" nails. Kindly recommend reliable brands for me. Thanks.

I can supply u 12mm local rods to site ( within Lagos) @ 197k/tonne
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rubbiish(m): 8:06pm On Aug 16, 2018
Teebawse:
Hi all,am at plastering stage and my engineer sent me these frames,is it this the normal frame cos I sent him something else and he said this was better
What are d frames for sir?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rubbiish(m): 8:08pm On Aug 16, 2018
Talk2iyfy:
Can 9 inches block be used for foundation. Then after DPC you can use 9 and 6
Yes sir
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 8:46pm On Aug 16, 2018
Rubbiish:

What are d frames for sir?
For internal doors,he wanted to install them now since plastering is going on
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rubbiish(m): 10:00pm On Aug 16, 2018
Teebawse:

For internal doors,he wanted to install them now since plastering is going on
He is right.
But d pic u uploaded dont look like door frame
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 10:38pm On Aug 16, 2018
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Bimpsyyyyy: 10:48pm On Aug 16, 2018
adewaleID:
Hi Guys, do you have idea of pricing for these frame in lagos. We need about 40 units

pic credit goes to Spyder880
U no buy my doors, well, i can sell cheapers ones for you then can also sell and install door frame for you with a discount. Call or whatsap me on 09069193297
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by celeiyke1(m): 11:19pm On Aug 16, 2018
Hi everyone!

I came into a church last week and noticed that the POP for the ceiling has a board-like look.

So I was wondering if there are boards one can use as POP while applying the normal POP cement on it?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by itswell1: 7:07am On Aug 17, 2018
This goes to daboomb,angelic being and everyone.

Investing in FGN bonds and properties (land + rental) which yields better.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AngelicBeing: 7:36am On Aug 17, 2018
itswell1:
This goes to daboomb,angelic being and everyone.

Investing in FGN bonds and properties (land + rental) which yields better.
Due to the kangaroo, burukutu, ogogoro and Oluwole kind of economics operating in Nigeria, l don't trust anything like bonds, shares etc in Nigeria, real Estate is it for me anyday even if the ROI trickles in gradually in a long-term period, l prefer real Estate because even if I go broke, I can flip or sell off the property

l don't want one pot-bellied government crook in Nigeria to use my money via bonds / shares / treasury bills to drink champagne at Sheraton Abuja in the event of a failed investment due to failure on the part of the government or lack of due diligence , pension funds that retirees contributed to in Nigeria was partly swallowed by Maina and his gang of 40 thieves in Abuja shocked

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by adewaleID: 9:04am On Aug 17, 2018
@Bimpsyyyyy

If you have similar door frame like Spyder880's one below yes, post pics. As per doors, the flats are for rental so base on Spyder880 philosophy and modus oparander we need solid Nigerian doors

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Mgbadike80: 9:31am On Aug 17, 2018
dear house, we're researching for a new hotel brand to be introduced into the country, and we would be more than happy if you can give us your answer to this question. would you lodge in a hotel that offers cheap rates (5k downwards depending on the number of days paid for) but does not offer free Wi-Fi and a TV in the rooms. please, your honest answers would really be appreciated.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Wilfredpat22(f): 9:36am On Aug 17, 2018
abouzaid:
i would advice a small duplex since you can get more rooms from a small plot of land. i think i can design a six bedroom duplex for it but atleast two of the bedrooms won't be en suite. do you have a survey plan of the plot?

please sir what does a '2 unit bedroom house mean'?

I have been following this thread as a ghost lady. I have a half plot of land at Ibadan Akobo to be precise sir
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ubox: 9:47am On Aug 17, 2018
For your building design needs and realistic visualization, contact us today @ uboks.nyah@yahoo.com let's work together to bring your project to reality at best rates.
https://www.nairaland.com/3696405/contemporary-moderate-building-designs/7#70354341

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Mgbadike80: 11:44am On Aug 17, 2018
Wilfredpat22:

I have been following this thread as a ghost lady. I have a half plot of land at Ibadan Akobo to be precise sir
he said en suite meaning that the bedrooms would have their own attached bathrooms.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by askmeee: 12:13pm On Aug 17, 2018
Wilfredpat22:

its either it is 2 units of 2 bedroom or 2 units of 3 bedroom as the case maybe . 2 unit bedroom is not a complete statement. meanwhile, I can design and supervise ur building for u in Ibadan at an affordable price and stipulated time. 08060506857 call me .
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Kaybthaniels(m): 1:54pm On Aug 17, 2018
Which doors do you sell?

Bimpsyyyyy:

U no buy my doors, well, i can sell cheapers ones for you then can also sell and install door frame for you with a discount. Call or whatsap me on 09069193297
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Timtol(m): 2:03pm On Aug 17, 2018
Mgbadike80:
he said en suite meaning that the bedrooms would have their own attached bathrooms.
Can be 2units of 2or3 mini flat or 2bedroom flat,3bedroom flat or more.
Well,for Sound design and good supervision with drawing sealed and approved reach this line on whatsapp 081 0045 2977.

Posting a unit design this afternoon on Ibadan and Ogun thread probably one of my thread.
1bedroom down,2bedroom flat down
1bedroom with attached room up,standard two bedroom up for the owner up.

God bless.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by e316(m): 3:11pm On Aug 17, 2018
Hello Building Engineers/Gurus in the House!
Please I'd like to have an idea of what it will cost to build two units of a 1 Bedroom flat (storey building) in Delta State. Each unit will have 1 parlour, 1 bedroom, 1 kitchen, 1 bathroom/ toilet, 1 balcony and 1 Front verandah. Available space: 31x20 feet.

The Unit upstairs will have 1 staircase. Thanks for your anticipated response.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by e316(m): 3:11pm On Aug 17, 2018
Please I'd like to have an idea of what it will cost to build two units of a 1 Bedroom flat (storey building) in Delta State. Each unit will have 1 parlour, 1 bedroom, 1 kitchen, 1 bathroom/ toilet, 1 balcony and 1 Front verandah. Available space: 31x20 feet.

The Unit upstairs will have 1 staircase. Thanks for your anticipated response.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Timtol(m): 3:38pm On Aug 17, 2018
e316:

Please I'd like to have an idea of what it will cost
to build two units of a 1 Bedroom flat (storey
building) in Delta State.
Each unit will have 1 parlour, 1 bedroom, 1
kitchen, 1 bathroom/ toilet, 1 balcony and 1 Front
verandah. Available space: 31x20 feet.

The Unit upstairs will have 1 staircase.
Thanks for your anticipated response.
Hello,
I can probably give you a rough estimate offhand for both building but best is to get a bill of qauntities.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Mgbadike80: 5:14pm On Aug 17, 2018
Mgbadike80:
dear house, we're researching for a new hotel brand to be introduced into the country, and we would be more than happy if you can give us your answer to this question. would you lodge in a hotel that offers cheap rates (5k downwards depending on the number of days paid for) but does not offer free Wi-Fi and a TV in the rooms. please, your honest answers would really be appreciated.
please, I need your contribution to the above.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1016) (1017) (1018) (1019) (1020) (1021) (1022) ... (3662) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Lemonskillz and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.