Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,846 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:01 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1036) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4363033 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1033) (1034) (1035) (1036) (1037) (1038) (1039) ... (3661) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Adeliebe: 2:28pm On Sep 17, 2018
Could you show pictures of the taps and price please?
Hajivince:
Good Morning Everyone

To just add to what have been said, I think finishes is subjected to a client taste. It is similar to someone buying Eva water on the street of Lagos for 100bucks while it is been sold @ KFC for 200bucks while Eko Hotel & suits can decide to sell it for 500bucks.

Also, I've met a client that wants all his finishes to have a lifetime warranty and the price for a water Tap alone is outrageous let alone other accessories.

A 30-40m property can also be developed for way more depending on client preferences.

But after that being said, I think it is best to work within clients budget & help to save cost to the bearest minimum while still delivering quality services. Thank you
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Hajivince(m): 2:46pm On Sep 17, 2018
Adeliebe:
Could you show pictures of the taps and price please?

I would talk to the Client about it because the building is still at it's roofing stage now. When he reverts to me, hopefully I will send the pictures here

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Hajivince(m): 2:58pm On Sep 17, 2018
More pictures

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Hajivince(m): 3:03pm On Sep 17, 2018
https://www.nairaland.com/4729911/innovative-architectural-masterpiece-affordable-budgets

You can check my thread for my number so I can link you up with him & probably send you more pictures that he sent to me
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Abdomox: 4:14pm On Sep 17, 2018
Please I have been reading about SCREEDING on this thread.

Can someone please explain what this is all about and how it's done? Is it different from normal plastering?

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Iruosonobrugwhe: 4:25pm On Sep 17, 2018
Baba e no easy like that ooo, as a B side guy, you knpow how warri boys head dey touch when dem come site.........They enforce it. i am asking because a major contractor fit encounter issues

skimanski:

Simple, You tell them you have your people. except its labour then you can use them, but for artisans , you already have your team. Them no dey quarrel put
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Timtol(m): 4:36pm On Sep 17, 2018
Hmmm All is well ooo
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by skimanski(m): 5:13pm On Sep 17, 2018
Iruosonobrugwhe:
Baba e no easy like that ooo, as a B side guy, you knpow how warri boys head dey touch when dem come site.........They enforce it. i am asking because a major contractor fit encounter issues

So if you give dem the work and dem come spoil am for you. You go tell owner say na community make the thing spoil? Except the owner say e no mind, then no problem
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 5:18pm On Sep 17, 2018
Abdomox:
Please I have been reading about SCREEDING on this thread.

Can someone please explain what this is all about and how it's done? Is it different from normal plastering?

Thank you.
Screeding is a fine thin layer of plaster applied over cement plaster to give a smoother final finish than regular cement plaster can give.
It is not as hard as cement plaster, so it's possible to sandpaper it further to a smoother finish.
When paint with sheen is anticipated to be used, it's advisable to screed the wall so as to level and correct flaws, cracks and holes on the wall otherwise the reflection of light would highlight such flaws on the wall.
Such errors would not be noticeable if emulsion paint with no sheen is used or if noticeable, it won't be pronounced but conspicuous if matte my silk or satin finish are used.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Iruosonobrugwhe: 5:22pm On Sep 17, 2018
That is why i asked. If i give You the contract and you are not allowed to use your trusted hands...what can be done?
skimanski:

So if you give dem the work and dem come spoil am for you. You go tell owner say na community make the thing spoil? Except the owner say e no mind, then no problem
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Adeliebe: 5:38pm On Sep 17, 2018
WOW
Hajivince:

I would talk to the Client about it because the building is still at it's roofing stage now. When he reverts to me, hopefully I will send the pictures here

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by skimanski(m): 7:44pm On Sep 17, 2018
Iruosonobrugwhe:
That is why i asked. If i give You the contract and you are not allowed to use your trusted hands...what can be done?

Left for me I will leave the work oo. My people are part of the outcome of my work.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rubbiish(m): 8:11pm On Sep 17, 2018
skimanski:

Gbam!!!! At the end na wetin you term as quality to you na e be quality. Because Your pocket will determine what you term as quality everytime. Some times 35m will be quality finish while by Gods Grace soon, 45m Wont even be quality to you again because your level don still pass like that.
U too sabi call big big money all d time... angry
Left for u an average man for no fit build house
What is good about an engineer without considerable economic sense?

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rubbiish(m): 8:16pm On Sep 17, 2018
sako28:
Ogas in the house, which come first. Electrical fittings or painting.

Thank you.
I think electrical fittings...paintings should come last
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rubbiish(m): 8:20pm On Sep 17, 2018
gbadexy:

Screeding is a fine thin layer of plaster applied over cement plaster to give a smoother final finish than regular cement plaster can give.
It is not as hard as cement plaster, so it's possible to sandpaper it further to a smoother finish.
When paint with sheen is anticipated to be used, it's advisable to screed the wall so as to level and correct flaws, cracks and holes on the wall otherwise the reflection of light would highlight such flaws on the wall.
Such errors would not be noticeable if emulsion paint with no sheen is used or if noticeable, it won't be pronounced but conspicuous if matte my silk or satin finish are used.
Sir is sheen one of the ingredients of paint?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 8:36pm On Sep 17, 2018
Rubbiish:

Sir is sheen one of the ingredients of paint?
depends on the type of paint sir. The medium the pigments is suspended in is like clear nylon cello tape when dry in such sheen paint.
sheen is just a feature of some type of paints. like matte with low sheen to silk to medium sheen and satin with high sheen water based paints.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rubbiish(m): 8:39pm On Sep 17, 2018
gbadexy:

depends on the type of paint sir. The medium the pigments is suspended in is like clear nylon cello tape when dry in such sheen paint.
sheen is just a feature of some type of paints. like matte with low sheen to silk to medium sheen and satin with high sheen water based paints.
Thanks sir

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 8:44pm On Sep 17, 2018
Rubbiish:

Thanks sir
you're welcome sir.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Abdomox: 8:48pm On Sep 17, 2018
gbadexy:

Thank you. So one must do cement plastering before screeding right?

Or can it be done simultaneously?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 8:54pm On Sep 17, 2018
Abdomox:

Thank you. So one must do cement plastering before screeding right?

Or can it be done simultaneously?
Definitely ma'am. cement plaster is compulsory while screeding is optional depending on how smooth you want the finish to be.
screeding is done over a plastered wall and at a different time after the cement plaster must have been fully set and cure.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Abdomox: 9:37pm On Sep 17, 2018
Many thanks, Sir Gbadexy.

What are the materials needed for screeding? And what's the cost of screeding like?

Can any bricklayer do the job? Or there are ppl who specializes in this.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 9:47pm On Sep 17, 2018
Abdomox:
Many thanks, Sir Gbadexy.

What are the materials needed for screeding? And what's the cost of screeding like?

Can any bricklayer do the job? Or there are ppl who specializes in this.
There is the pop emulsion paint with pop powder combination, pop emulsion with Portland cement and pva bond combination and there is the ready mix screeding putty paste type.
There are professional screeders that do the application and they are different from bricklayers.
The screeders are in the best position to give you the quote and cost, all subject to negotiation.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 10:13pm On Sep 17, 2018
Iruosonobrugwhe:

Negotiate a "cut off" and pay. Nobody will come to your site again. Which area in Warri?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by skimanski(m): 10:28pm On Sep 17, 2018
Rubbiish:

U too sabi call big big money all d time... angry
Left for u an average man for no fit build house
What is good about an engineer without considerable economic sense?

Bros Wrong oo!!! I dom build Cheap House as Well as Expensive house. I have built both a Lot. So make we forget those Big money and Small money talk ooo. I considerate Die. One thing I know is my Problem is that I put Quality before Cost, unlike some people will put cost before Quality. Even when I want to buy things for mySelf.

Bros abi U no pray make U get money pass as you get now? If tomorrow you are 5 times richer than you are today, Bros you will seek Higher Quality than you do today and your today things that is quality to you wont be quality to you anymore.

Pls dont read the context on my msg Wrongly oo.

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sirkunzy55: 10:42pm On Sep 17, 2018
sirkunzy55:
A five duplex apartment for sale
Location- gwarinpa abuja, close to Charlie boy's house
price-50m
Contact- 08163044018

Ok
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sako28: 11:11pm On Sep 17, 2018
Rubbiish:

I think electrical fittings...paintings should come last

Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ChiefSupplier55(m): 12:52am On Sep 18, 2018
sako28:

Thank you.
I think electric fixing first and then painting..... Then come and buy your tiles from me ohhh at a good price and fix it
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ChiefSupplier55(m): 1:08am On Sep 18, 2018
Iruosonobrugwhe:
For those of us who supervise big projects, what do you do when accosted by omoniles/family who owned the land when they insist certain jobs must be given to them? That is after paying deve(development fees), they insist that the bricklayer, masons, etc must come from the community whereas you have competent hands that you plan to use?

Since you have your own team for you project all you have to do is pick some worker from the people in there at list for peace to rain. If them don't like it like that let them go to hell....
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 1:28am On Sep 18, 2018
sako28:
Thank you.

Contrary to what others said above... I have always painted my house before fixing the electrical fixtures.

1. I want all the areas to be painted.
2. No smudges, even little spot, on my fixtures.
3. No extra charges from painter for taping the fixtures before painting.
4. Regardless of how careful, some unseen drop of paint may still drop on the fixtures.
5. Sorry, I don't know much becos I am not an Engineer but that is how I have done all my projects. smiley

Everyone to his/her own. Thanks for reading.

Hajji M

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 1:30am On Sep 18, 2018
ChiefSupplier55:

Since you have your own team for you project all you have to do is pick some worker from the people in there at list for peace to rain. If them don't like it like that let them go to hell....

Not in Warri area. They are dangerous there o.
The OP need to contact Engineer Segzy14 here for more briefing.

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ChiefSupplier55(m): 2:12am On Sep 18, 2018
mufutau55:

Not in Warri area. They are dangerous there o. The OP need to contact Engineer Segzy14 here for more briefing.
Hajji M.
Does that means you let them do what ever they want
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 2:20am On Sep 18, 2018
ChiefSupplier55:

Does that means you let them do what ever they want

You have to pay some agreed amount and they will still give you some workers who does nothing because they dont care, just make sure your usual worker work hard so you can finish the project ontime.. if not you will never finish.
Have OP discuss with Engineer Segzy14 how he negotiated with them because he went thru the same crap.

Hajji M.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1033) (1034) (1035) (1036) (1037) (1038) (1039) ... (3661) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Jalofun, buzzetin(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.