Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,587 members, 7,809,124 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:14 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1039) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4367409 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1036) (1037) (1038) (1039) (1040) (1041) (1042) ... (3662) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dremca(m): 8:16pm On Sep 24, 2018
I don't think it is. You can use a modernized type.
PRODUTIM1:
Please advice is needed o nairalanders. I want to know if it is old fashioned to have washing hand basin at dining room. My plumber did it there since 2014.We just moved to d house now, am thinking maybe I should scrab it. Am yet to fix it though. Tanx in anticipation of ur replies

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ThatHistoryGuy(m): 4:51am On Sep 25, 2018
PRODUTIM1:
Please advice is needed o nairalanders. I want to know if it is old fashioned to have washing hand basin at dining room. My plumber did it there since 2014.We just moved to d house now, am thinking maybe I should scrab it. Am yet to fix it though. Tanx in anticipation of ur replies

You can actually replace it with any of these

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by spyder880(m): 5:51am On Sep 25, 2018
PRODUTIM1:

Since we live in Africa, where some foods must be consumed by bare hands, hand washing is essential. Think of eating eba with soup, and the fear of those elastic kpomo being stretched between the hand and teeth and then snap to throw red stew on your white top. (Or pepper in the eyes) Rushing to fetch water and soap might cause delays. It might be better to have an existing wash hand basin near the action point.
But like Thathistoryguy pointed out, there are modern ones available now.

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by PRODUTIM1(m): 6:13am On Sep 25, 2018
ThatHistoryGuy:

You can actually replace it with any of these
Thanks. Am yet to purchase any, only the pipes are there now. Just want to know if people who are building now are still making room for that.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Aventures(m): 7:13am On Sep 25, 2018
spyder880:

Since we live in Africa, where some foods must be consumed by bare hands, hand washing is essential. Think of eating eba with soup, and the fear of those elastic kpomo being stretched between the hand and teeth and then snap to throw red stew on your white top. (Or pepper in the eyes) Rushing to fetch water and soap might cause delays. It might be better to have an existing wash hand basin near the action point.
But like Thathistoryguy pointed out, there are modern ones available now.
Still much in vogue, but now well modernized and called vanity.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by igwedehxy: 8:28am On Sep 25, 2018
Good morning. Plz I need to know the price of an electric concrete pole
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 9:39am On Sep 25, 2018
igwedehxy:
Good morning. Plz I need to know the price of an electric concrete pole

In some area 25k cost of the pole with installation
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by igwedehxy: 10:05am On Sep 25, 2018
rotecch77:

In some area 25k cost of the pole with installation

Aiit thanks. More plz
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by spyder880(m): 10:38am On Sep 25, 2018
Aventures:
Still much in vogue, but now well modernized and called vanity.

You're right Sir.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Fhemmmy: 2:54pm On Sep 25, 2018
Great people of property section, please I need a reliable Plumber in the Ikeja axis to fix a clogged kitchen sink - Urgently needed!!!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Kaybthaniels(m): 3:42pm On Sep 25, 2018
Hello house, Apart from concrete interlocking & stamped concrete flooring for a compound or driveway, which other flooring or alternatives can one go for that is presentable & less expensive?

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by jabolo(m): 5:22pm On Sep 25, 2018
Kaybthaniels:
Hello house, Apart from concrete interlocking & stamped concrete flooring for a compound or driveway, which other flooring or alternatives can one go for that is presentable & less expensive?

Thanks, If I may add to this request... alternatives that are also permeable. Some of the problems of flooding we're experiencing is compounded by everyone concreting up their own portion reducing the absorption capacity of the earth.

I'm thinking gravel but aesthetically distributed. Someone posted about local hoodlums carting away the materials though. Naija wahala.

One advantage of gravel is it's an early warning system for thieves in the night, not many people reckon with that.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Clean2016: 8:06pm On Sep 25, 2018
Can anybody redesign a building plan for me to include a room.
Please contact me
skyhopeserv@gmail.com
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Timtol(m): 10:51pm On Sep 25, 2018
Clean2016:
Please contact me
skyhopeserv@gmail.com
I can sir.
Kindly message me on whatsapp 08100452977 or mail obed.toluwase@gmail.com
Appreciated!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 6:18am On Sep 26, 2018
Clean2016:
Please contact me
skyhopeserv@gmail.com
cc Darenyx
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Timtol(m): 6:32am On Sep 26, 2018
twinskenny:
cc Darenyx
I love you referring to Darenyx and in fact we are friends and he is a good man and an helper but does that mean others dont offer a good job because u havent tried them before?
Look odd to me.
I have enough contact already but nothing can be enough anyway.
Money is not the issue but the commitment of given the best.
I remember when i fully started architectural business when my first payment was just 15k,I took it not putting money first but today I look back and give God glory but imagine if @all i put money first I might be a 419 in the profession by now offering a bad work but never can that be.
People see the star.
If you know me then you see it too.
Love you bro.
Thanks and good morning
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by folmus: 6:50am On Sep 26, 2018
I need to survey a plot of land in Igode ( outskirt of Ikorodu) Ogun State. I need a surveyor conversant with the area or state. Am not looking for an experimental surveyor o, lolz cheesy cheesy.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Timtol(m): 7:48am On Sep 26, 2018
folmus:
I need to survey a plot of land in Igode ( outskirt of Ikorodu) Ogun State. I need a surveyor conversant with the area or state. Am not looking for an experimental surveyor o, lolz cheesy cheesy.
lol @d last sentence.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Hajivince(m): 8:20am On Sep 26, 2018
folmus:

Would you like a surveyor from the Surveyor General office, ilupeju branch?!... If yes, you can reach me & I would connect him to you

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by folmus: 10:10am On Sep 26, 2018
Hajivince:

Would you like a surveyor from the Surveyor General office, ilupeju branch?!... If yes, you can reach me & I would connect him to you

Is Ilupeju also in Ogun State? I only know the one before Fadyi in Lagos.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Hajivince(m): 10:52am On Sep 26, 2018
folmus:

Is Ilupeju also in Ogun State? I only know the one before Fadyi in Lagos.

I am also talking about the one before Fadeyi & the surveyor works with Lagos State inside the office of the Surveyor General. He can travel anywhere as long as it is work & they have connect with almost all southwest zones
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 11:21am On Sep 26, 2018
Timtol:

I love you referring to Darenyx and in fact we are friends and he is a good man and an helper but does that mean others dont offer a good job because u havent tried them before?
Look odd to me.
I remember when i fully started architectural business when my first payment was just 15k,I took it not putting money first but today I look back and give God glory but imagine if @all i put money first I might be a 419 in the profession by now offering a bad work but never can that be.
People see the star.
Love you bro.
Thanks and good morning

Hello sir
Please I don’t understand what you are saying?

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 12:47pm On Sep 26, 2018
I am sorry to say but i hope this is not how you communicate with your clients, I am literally having a migraine trying to comprehend your text to this gentleman (Twinskenny)

Timtol:

Look odd to me.
People see the star.
Love you bro.
Thanks and good morning

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Butter5ly(m): 2:36pm On Sep 26, 2018
A room self contain up for rent at ikorodu, interested party should contact 08187425696
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 4:38pm On Sep 26, 2018
PRODUTIM1:

Having washing hand basin at the dining is not an old fashion. its a nice idea and the basin for the dining is not the common type used in the toilet. There are some transparent fancy basin that you can install. Recently formatted my phone and i don't have the pictures would have love to send you some.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Wilfredpat22(f): 5:59pm On Sep 26, 2018
jabolo:

Thanks, If I may add to this request... alternatives that are also permeable. Some of the problems of flooding we're experiencing is compounded by everyone concreting up their own portion reducing the absorption capacity of the earth.

I'm thinking gravel but aesthetically distributed. Someone posted about local hoodlums carting away the materials though. Naija wahala.

One advantage of gravel is it's an early warning system for thieves in the night, not many people reckon with that.

It’s an early warning system for thieves??

Can you explain that please sir
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Wilfredpat22(f): 6:05pm On Sep 26, 2018
Please esteemed people on this section

I really need your help on this. How much can run a foundation for a 3 bedroom storey building. Will 200k be enough?

People who have built their houses should please answer me cry and help a hustling sister trying to make it in this buhari régime without a man
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 6:15pm On Sep 26, 2018
Wilfredpat22:

I really need your help on this. How much can run a foundation for a 3 bedroom storey building. Will 200k be enough?

People who have built their houses should please answer me cry and help a hustling sister trying to make it in this buhari régime without a man

Sis,
Irrespective of regime, the foundation for your building type which largely depends on your soil type, topography and structural design will take you within the range of #3.5M upwards .
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Hajivince(m): 6:25pm On Sep 26, 2018
Wilfredpat22:

I don't think It would be enough, The least you can spend is within the range of 2.5m upward
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Wilfredpat22(f): 6:30pm On Sep 26, 2018
bixton:

Sis,
Irrespective of regime, the foundation for your building type which largely depends on your soil type, topography and structural design will take you within the range of #3.5M upwards .

I am talking of only foundation. I intend building little by little. Got any idea how much it will cost. My land topography is not water logged but your average normal land. Design is 3 bedroom with only the master bedrooms ensuit.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Wilfredpat22(f): 6:31pm On Sep 26, 2018
Hajivince:

I don't think It would be enough, The least you can spend is within the range of 2.5m upward

For just foundation?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rubbiish(m): 6:57pm On Sep 26, 2018
Wilfredpat22:

I am talking of only foundation. I intend building little by little. Got any idea how much it will cost. My land topography is not water logged but your average normal land. Design is 3 bedroom with only the master bedrooms ensuit.
Dont go about forcing figures out of people, it will only scare u.
Get the architectural & structural ready, take it to a QS or an architect/engineer to give u a quote. Only then u can know what will complete your foundation. Design varies, so not all three bedroom storey building will require same cost to do d foundation.

I must salute u, if u are d one at dp trying to embark on such project...because u look quite young for this....

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1036) (1037) (1038) (1039) (1040) (1041) (1042) ... (3662) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: RockOfAgesAlumi(m), tikristinimi21, walexyll(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.