Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,539 members, 7,808,985 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:31 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1068) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4366944 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1065) (1066) (1067) (1068) (1069) (1070) (1071) ... (3662) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by myvic70(m): 10:03pm On Nov 16, 2018
Adedward:
Good morning house, l will like to shows u this ongoing roofing by nairalander, at mowe area opposite redeem camp, to shows u some analysis on it, and how much it will cost u , if u want this kind of roof, if Oga can permit me sir,
please drop rough quote for 3 bedroom on myvic70@yahoo.com

Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 10:14pm On Nov 16, 2018
thank you all for pointing out the errors in the first drawing,we decided to do a new drawing so the building can face rigth side since a building will still be in front of it,here is the new drawing,God bless you as you drop a comment.the floor plan is for the rear building.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Adedward(m): 10:14pm On Nov 16, 2018
myvic70:

please drop rough quote for 3 bedroom on myvic70@yahoo.com

Thanks
with roof carcass and aluminum? If yes, which kind of aluminum, ist 0.45 or 0.55
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by myvic70(m): 10:28pm On Nov 16, 2018
Adedward:
with roof carcass and aluminum? If yes, which kind of aluminum, ist 0.45 or 0.55
yes with carcass. 0.55

what is the difference. Give me a good quote
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Adedward(m): 10:59pm On Nov 16, 2018
joycluv:
. Dats great. But you didn't include 2*2 and 1*12. Again, is d build a 4bedroom bungalow. I would also like to know the dimension of the house. Thanks
OK sir, 2*2 is there already, but l forgot 1*12, (1*12. 14 pics) 1800 per one sir, #25,200 that is DAT sir,
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by amanikondo: 11:31pm On Nov 16, 2018
KolaShangOne:

True. But just as China makes almost all the products going to the U.S, we can also take this prototype to China, give them our own standard, and they will make thousands for us at a cheap price, and try to secure government waiver so the prices will be reduced.

As soon as the China Supplier sees how lucrative the business is, he will site a location in Nigeria and rebrand with nice modifications.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 12:43am On Nov 17, 2018
FADEO:

I really love to give feed back to the house on the progress of the job and construction.
In the last 16days. This was what was achieved . From foundation to lintel level. The client has decided to pause till January 2019. Also if it permited by Hajji. I will share the cost of foundation as spent. But in total the stage the house has gotten to has consumed a little above 5M.

Why not, Boss. We all can learn from it.
Thanks.

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by megacontrol(m): 3:56am On Nov 17, 2018
This is a much more better layout.
Like the privacy of the master 's bedroom placed on one side with the other kids room on the other side. the ground floor also looks well placed to me.

This is the beauty of irregularly shaped plots, you can do all sorts of unique designs with a good architect. i think he did a good job with this one.

boyestic:
thank you all for pointing out the errors in the first drawing,we decided to do a new drawing so the building can face rigth side since a building will still be in front of it,here is the new drawing,God bless you as you drop a comment.the floor plan is for the rear building.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Adedward(m): 4:12am On Nov 17, 2018
Good morning house,sir or ma
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 5:10am On Nov 17, 2018
Thank you so much sir for your input.

megacontrol:
This is a much more better layout.
Like the privacy of the master 's bedroom placed on one side with the other kids room on the other side. the ground floor also looks well placed to me.

This is the beauty of irregularly shaped plots, you can do all sorts of unique designs with a good architect. i think he did a good job with this one.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mountmoriah(m): 8:46am On Nov 17, 2018
Adedward:
call me , on how to start ur building,
I'm a Builder no need to call you
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mountmoriah(m): 8:58am On Nov 17, 2018
bixton:

It all boils down to the properties of the aggregate materials used to achieve that number per bag and still maintain the desirable strength of the block.

Every number you hear is correct and achievable given that the moulder understands the job to be done.
Be it 6" or 9", ensure that the blocks moulded for foundation(sub structure) is less in quantity to that used for super structure per bag.
you are very correct
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Juell(m): 8:58am On Nov 17, 2018
boyestic:
This great improvement, it's almost perfect. Just one suggestion, I feel accessing the master bedroom from the family living is not ok cause it affects the privacy
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by joycluv: 9:14am On Nov 17, 2018
Juell:

This great improvement, it's almost perfect. Just one suggestion, I feel accessing the master bedroom from the family living is not ok cause it affects the privacy
. You are on point. Exactly my observation
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Goldiano(m): 10:00am On Nov 17, 2018
Pls can I use marble or those stones... Terrazo for flooring of my 3 bedroom flats and what is d cost pls
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gabbytabby: 10:29am On Nov 17, 2018
boyestic:
A much better layout.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by yak(m): 11:05am On Nov 17, 2018
bixton:

It all boils down to the properties of the aggregate materials used to achieve that number per bag and still maintain the desirable strength of the block.

Every number you hear is correct and achievable given that the moulder understands the job to be done.
Be it 6" or 9", ensure that the blocks moulded for foundation(sub structure) is less in quantity to that used for super structure per bag.

any reason for the last paragraph?
please explain to novices like me
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Adedward(m): 11:10am On Nov 17, 2018
myvic70:

yes with carcass. 0.55

what is the difference. Give me a good quote
have u seen the quote sir?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by seanfer(m): 11:41am On Nov 17, 2018
Adedward:
Good morning house, l will like to shows u this ongoing roofing by nairalander, at mowe area opposite redeem camp, to shows u some analysis on it, and how much it will cost u , if u want this kind of roof, if Oga can permit me sir,

Can I get a quote for this plan with Carcass... ... I want both the 0.45 and 0.55...
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 12:01pm On Nov 17, 2018
yak:

any reason for the last paragraph?
please explain to novices like me

The most important thing about any building is in the foundation when done properly.
Every structure designed comes with its loads.
Loads are transferred from the apex of a building to its foundation.
The reason behind the last paragraph is to ensure that the sub structure can be able to carry the load of the super structure. Though all loads are believed to be uniformly distributed since members are connected.

Certain persons tend to use solid blocks for sub structure and hollow for super structure. The last paragraph also is partly one of such reasons.

That does not mean one cannot maintain the same type/quality of blocks from sub structure to super structure.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 12:30pm On Nov 17, 2018
Juell:

What's all these privacy, privacy for MASTER. The master must be LORD at HOME. It is a FAMILY lounge upstairs not for visitors. I wouldn't want to be PRIVATE from my own family.

I like the flow of the design. Very airy and light. If the poster needs to be so PRIVATE from his own family, then he may change the position of the door, but to me it is just much ado about nothing. The design is good to go if it were mine.

7 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by yak(m): 2:48pm On Nov 17, 2018
bixton:

The most important thing about any building is in the foundation when done properly.
Every structure designed comes with its loads.
Loads are transferred from the apex of a building to its foundation.
The reason behind the last paragraph is to ensure that the sub structure can be able to carry the load of the super structure. Though all loads are believed to be uniformly distributed since members are connected.

Certain persons tend to use solid blocks for sub structure and hollow for super structure. The last paragraph also is partly one of such reasons.

That does not mean one cannot maintain the same type/quality of blocks from sub structure to super structure.

thanks for that.. we learn daily and this platform has bn helpful

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Juell(m): 3:55pm On Nov 17, 2018
diordaves:

What's all these privacy, privacy for MASTER. The master must be LORD at HOME. It is a FAMILY lounge upstairs not for visitors. I wouldn't want to be PRIVATE from my own family.

I like the flow of the design. Very airy and light. If the poster needs to be so PRIVATE from his own family, then he may change the position of the door, but to me it is just much ado about nothing. The design is good to go if it were mine.

Take it or leave it, accessing a bedroom directly from a family living is a design flaw. As a married man how comfortable can u be knowing that whatever you do or say can be heard from the next room? Ok, ur cousins, nieces and nephews, in-laws are they not part of ur family, abi they'll not be allowed into the family living? or imagine trying to take a nap and your kids are busy making noise, you go shout "keep quite" tire.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 4:24pm On Nov 17, 2018
riksss:
I'm helping my friend to repair his house. We did almost all the external work (we attached the siding panel, replaced the windows, made the driveway, repaired the fence on the porch) and now he asks to help him repair the roof. I'm not a great expert in this, but it seems to me that he needs to replace the material from which his roof is made. His tile is not durable, it has already lost color and crumbles. He agreed that he needed to replace the tiles, but he wants to choose black color again. It seems to me that black doesn't fit his house, he makes him gloomy (gray panels, black roof), besides black attracts more light and fades faster. I offered to read him an article https://myrooff.com/most-popular-roof-shingle-colors/ about the different colors of the roof with the tips of the designer. He wants black tiles anyway. Should I convince him or my opinion is unfounded? Would you make a roof of a different color?

You stated twice that he wants the black colour for the roofing even after all your efforts at convincing him.

There's nothing you can do to to convince him as it iz his personal preference.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by myvic70(m): 5:44pm On Nov 17, 2018
Adedward:
have u seen the quote sir?
yes Sir. I will get intouch via mail.
Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by adanny01(m): 5:47pm On Nov 17, 2018
boyestic:

I see a landing and the 2nd flight of stairs protuding into the groundfloor living room. Exactly where the TV is. It makes no sense to have it protude like that unless u want it like that.

The landing will probably be at about 2m from the floor. TV position is under the 2nd flight.

This reminds me of a site i visited in Abuja. The interior of the semi detached duplex was redesigned on site to be a hotel. They only forgot the second flight of stairs. I just followed a friend who did the electrical design. He dashed me 10k for saving him after calling his attention to it.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 5:56pm On Nov 17, 2018
@Adanny01,Thank you,so what do you advice?i mean how to go about getting stair case fixed,i appreciate your input bro.

adanny01:

I see a landing and the 2nd flight of stairs protuding into the groundfloor living room. Exactly where the TV is. It makes no sense to have it protude like that unless u want it like that.

The landing will probably be at between 1.5 - 2m from the floor. TV position is under the 2nd flight.

This reminds me of a site i visited in Abuja. The interior of the semi detached duplex was redesigned on site to be a hotel. They only forgot the second flight of stairs. I just followed a friend who was did the electrical design. He dashed me 10k for saving him after calling his attention to it.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Takoro13(m): 6:48pm On Nov 17, 2018
Juell:

Take it or leave it, accessing a bedroom directly from a family living is a design flaw. As a married man how comfortable can u be knowing that whatever you do or say can be heard from the next room? Ok, ur cousins, nieces and nephews, in-laws are they not part of ur family, abi they'll not be allowed into the family living? or imagine trying to take a nap and your kids are busy making noise, you go shout "keep quite" tire.
I don't understand why we are more considered on been disturbed than giving immediate access to other rooms like that of children in case of emergency. There are other ways of separating disturbances from master room yet you can access other rooms with better noise control. Sometimes we think we keep them away from us only because we want to have some rest but forgetting what they can do behind us.

I pray am back to field soon.

My opinion sr

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 6:49pm On Nov 17, 2018
adanny01:

The landing will probably be at about 2m from the floor. TV position is under the 2nd flight.

This reminds me of a site i visited in Abuja. The interior of the semi detached duplex was redesigned on site to be a hotel. They only forgot the second flight of stairs. I just followed a friend who did the electrical design. He dashed me 10k for saving him after calling his attention to it.

I think its an over site not checked except its some form of design.
If the 2nd flight is to remain the way it is then he ought to expand the width of the stairs from the ground floor.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by adanny01(m): 8:32pm On Nov 17, 2018
boyestic:

@Adanny01,Thank you,so what do you advice?i mean how to go about getting stair case fixed,i appreciate your input bro.

My suggestion, is that the guest toilet be moved under the starcase landing and the present guest toilet becomes a store room.

Since the first flight of stairs is longer than the 2nd, the headroom will be adequate.

This means that the stair wall will move to the eliminate the protusion.

Thirdly, the v toilet should be coverted to ante room while a new vtoilet can be created adjacent the dining and living area at exactly where the window adacent to the dining is.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gabbytabby: 8:49pm On Nov 17, 2018
diordaves:

my feelings exactly.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1065) (1066) (1067) (1068) (1069) (1070) (1071) ... (3662) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: deji68 and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.