Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,398 members, 7,808,430 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:50 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (120) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4366000 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) ... (3662) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Excuzeme: 11:16pm On Jan 28, 2016
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Excuzeme: 11:17pm On Jan 28, 2016
Happykay:
@ excuseme
Thanks
Someone has to do the dirty jobs
Putting ppl to where they belong
Cheers

I dont enjoy it ...........but the guy is a LEARNER.... as in capital "L"!

He lies too much sef! One day he is building two storey, the next day he pastes a picture of one rancid bungalow without foundation and he is begging us to tell him "how to introduce pillars", the next day he is talking about "his Helipad" and then before you can say jack. he will tell us that his has just finished decking his garage! grin

But when l look at the picture of what he is building, l know he is a "L" and still has a long way to go. I just dey laugh nii! undecided

Anyway, na Ibadan boy, "his mouth" is wetin dey kill am! grin grin grin

(apologies to Ibadans in the house)

I really dont have his time and wont be responding to his Trash talk about this issue anymore.
if he likes, let him say he even "lives ontop of my head"! shocked shocked
Na im sabi

Cheers

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by spyder880(m): 11:24pm On Jan 28, 2016
mufutau55:

I thought so too.. we had this discussion with Spyder many years ago.
I have always been bothered about leaking in the area that is being perforated/bent with Step tiles and Metcoppo.
And that is why I have always used 0.55 Long span in all my projects.
Although we can never agree on the effect of this in the long run...

Hajji M.

Rushtec:
Speaking from experience. I think u do see the tag " Roof leakage" around Lagos. Too much wind, rain and old age affect them. I recommend 0.45mm Longspand Only ( The manufacturer this days hav reduced the gauge due to cost) Just like the stone coated our pple called 0.55mm of the range u buy are not even up 0.43mm. If am lie, try contact the Chinese coy that made it. TheY tell de true, even gave 30yrs warranty. But our seller take it to 50yrs. Just to com petite with ( WICHTECH, BATLAN, FEROOF, ROSER, TILCOR AND METRO TILES) u MUST KNW WHAT U WANT

Actually, leakages that occur with step tiles and even Metcoppo products are caused by faulty corrugating machines. The fault is when the machines, for some reasons start to punch too hard when folding flat sheets into step forms.The affected punches will perforate the sheet on the curved point, creating small leaks. I had to remove my purchases from a good company which made them and took them to another aluminium company with a better corrugating machine twice.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 11:54pm On Jan 28, 2016
spyder880:

Actually, leakages that occur with step tiles and even Metcoppo products are caused by faulty corrugating machines. The fault is when the machines, for some reasons start to punch too hard when folding flat sheets into step forms.The affected punches will perforate the sheet on the curved point, creating small leaks. I had to remove my purchases from a good company which made them and took them to another aluminium company with a better corrugating machine twice.

If possible can you folks show samples of the two types?

I think two different types are being discussed here.

Muchas gracias grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 11:55pm On Jan 28, 2016
Excuzeme:

I dont enjoy it ...

Cheers

You are hooked, line and sinker grin cheesy

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 12:00am On Jan 29, 2016
This is a very nice thread on doors and windows for those in that stage of development.

https://www.nairaland.com/1410552/security-armored-doors-burglary-proofs
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 12:01am On Jan 29, 2016
amanikondo:

Hello Hajji, I replied Egunmogaji.

Thank you sir. I saw it.

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Uberness: 1:00am On Jan 29, 2016
EgunMogaji:

There are various designs but one from this site should serve the purpose I envision.

I just need the Nigerian door maker (I'm sure he'll call himself an Engineer wink ) to just design one of this bracket into the exterior doors of which I have three.

Then I am sure that ANY USA lock will install and work well with it.

http://www.superiorornamentalsupply.com/locks.html
Hi , this idea is inspirational , installing superior locks to made in nigeria doors , can i say that "this is a marriage made in heaven".
@ EgunMogaji and amanikondo i'm interested. will love to talk more about this.
Thanks!

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Miscellaneous(m): 1:14am On Jan 29, 2016
abdulwastecx I don like all your post finish o.But how did u become this good. ? I am just a student trying to Be as good as u. You know, throwing insights will be a lot helpful

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by abdulwastecx(m): 1:29am On Jan 29, 2016
Miscellaneous:
abdulwastecx I don like all your post finish o.But how did u become this good. ? I am just a student trying to Be as good as u. You know, throwing insights will be a lot helpful

Thank boss.. . We still dey learn o

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 1:41am On Jan 29, 2016
Uberness:

Hi , this idea is inspirational , installing superior locks to made in nigeria doors , can i say that "this is a marriage made in heaven".
@ EgunMogaji and amanikondo i'm interested. will love to talk more about this.
Thanks!

I think that being confronted with an unfamiliar lock style will deter the opportunistic thief and he'll simply move onto easier targets.

Take my main gate for example. I used a Masterlock that I brought with me from US. When my site Foreman lost the key he was unable to defeat it. They used hammers, saws, etc and they had to resort to cutting the actual clasp on the gate to gain entry. He had nothing but good things to say about and asked me to get him a set of the locks.

And that was just a level 8. I intend to use a level 10 Masterlock when construction is completed because no one will have those keys.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by brabus(m): 1:44am On Jan 29, 2016
@Hajji mufutau55, #teamlongspan

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by amanikondo: 2:31am On Jan 29, 2016
EgunMogaji:

I think that being confronted with an unfamiliar lock style will deter the opportunistic thief and he'll simply move onto easier targets.

Take my main gate for example. I used a Masterlock that I brought with me from US. When my site Foreman lost the key he was unable to defeat it. They used hammers, saws, etc and they had to resort to cutting the actual clasp on the gate to gain entry. He had nothing but good things to say about and asked me to get him a set of the locks.

And that was just a level 8. I intend to use a level 10 Masterlock when construction is completed because no one will have those keys.

I have used this bad boy in Naija. You better not loose the key. This one must be welded.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by amanikondo: 2:59am On Jan 29, 2016
Assa Abloy is the best lock I know. This one, you have to authorise the company to generate extra key for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7lWM_yDxU0
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 4:24am On Jan 29, 2016
amanikondo:

I have used this bad boy in Naija. You better not loose the key. This one must be welded.

Nice one, very nice. I'm pleased to see someone that is security minded like me. My Wife and I poured over this one at Home Depot but we couldn't figure out how it actually works unless we tear open the box.

I'm thinking you weld or bolt each piece to each half of the door. Am I right?

If I can figure out how it works I might get it.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by amanikondo: 4:41am On Jan 29, 2016
EgunMogaji:

Nice one, very nice. I'm pleased to see someone that is security minded like me. My Wife and I poured over this one at Home Depot but we couldn't figure out how it actually works unless we tear open the box.

I'm thinking you weld or bolt each piece to each half of the door. Am I right?

If I can figure out how it works I might get it.

Yes. But this is mostly used on iron doors. Some people even use it on a Cargo Van.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by smiley001(m): 7:31am On Jan 29, 2016
Miscellaneous:

The guy is good.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by spyder880(m): 7:40am On Jan 29, 2016
EgunMogaji:

If possible can you folks show samples of the two types?

I think two different types are being discussed here.

Muchas gracias grin

1. Aluminium Long span sheets
2. Aluminium Step tiles sheets
3. Aluminium Metcoppo sheets

(All carpentry, roofing sheets purchase and installation done by Tigerkenn homes)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 8:30am On Jan 29, 2016
EgunMogaji:

There are various designs but one from this site should serve the purpose I envision.

I just need the Nigerian door maker (I'm sure he'll call himself an Engineer wink ) to just design one of this bracket into the exterior doors of which I have three.

Then I am sure that ANY USA lock will install and work well with it.

http://www.superiorornamentalsupply.com/locks.html
Looks nice we do not have such in 5 he UK.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 8:34am On Jan 29, 2016
amanikondo:

We have these in the UK for Vans
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Onuokwu: 8:41am On Jan 29, 2016
EgunMogaji:

Same thing I told him earlier applies to you grin

Go get a girlfriend or take up a hobby and stop being an EgunMogajiHolic

Lol...You eh. grin

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Onuokwu: 8:43am On Jan 29, 2016
Excuzeme:

It does not apply to me in anyway because for starters, l am not in your League ....in "real life" but that is something l like to downplay since we are all anonymous on the forum.
[b]
Secondly, you might come here to run your mouth about California and do some "copy and paste" in order to impress some folks here but for someone like me, l have "seen you through and seen through you"! Just looking at your project, shows the level of your pocket and l can tell you man, you are way far-far below. Maybe tomorrow, you will be on-top, Nobody knows but please, stop 'forming'!

All those "phantom ideas" you copy and paste here, we both know you cant afford them as of today.... and that tells me (while looking at what you can afford) that you are just one "struggler" hopping from one pay-check to another, in the U.S.

Even in the U.S, we both know there are "levels" .....and you dont belong at all, using any yardstick of measure! You cant even afford an Engineer (even in Advisory role!) nor can you even buy the best of materials for that you tiny little project... despite all your "copy and paste" of the best of things, from the internet! grin grin
So where is your 'hype and swagger' going to come from, ........that gives you the effrontery to be rude, arrogant and insulting to everyone here like you are 'somebody of value'?

I just laugh each time l see you 'forming' in your post, like you are 'somebody' in America.... with enough Dollars to build a Mansion in six months![/b] grin grin

I hate to write things like this but its your type that puts his finger into one's mouth, that brings such words out, as you need to be brought down to reality. I wont say more than this as l dont want to take it personal. undecided
I have said my mind and l have no intention of throwing brick-bracks with you but God forbid that l will boast (as l have nothing that is not of God) but please, do me a favour and stop being an eegit!

BTW: I have a family (wife and children), l am very fit, as l am into sports (swimming, biking, "mature-men" football and indoor aerobics) and if we look at it, you are the one that needs to get a new wife, after the last one left your broke azz, Nigga! undecided

Gosh....
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by befto: 11:28am On Jan 29, 2016
Nice one. Their quality is very good.

I went for traffic black.

I will upload some pics here soon.

Dieumerci:

Thanks for this info.
I was at their office today and decided to patronize them, though their prices are a bit higher than what I got from other places.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by befto: 11:30am On Jan 29, 2016
I was charged 1420 for 0.55m Step tile.

mufutau55:

Please state it here, what prices they give you and for which type.
It will be very beneficial for those of us who cannot go there at present.
I have been looking at their site, but no prices or much info. Thanks.

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by babalose: 11:31am On Jan 29, 2016
i need someone who can fabricate shutters in-between window frame. Anyone knows anyone who can do that locally in Lagos?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by befto: 11:39am On Jan 29, 2016
Their Sumo is of a very high quality. I got my step tile for 1420 0.55 last year. Metcopo was about 1550 (if I remember).
I dont know current prices but this was done in Oct/Nov last year.

mufutau55:

Thank you. Please do obtain their price list... want to see how much their Metcopo cost.
hope their aluminium is good quality too.. Also please ask for 0.55 step tiles and long span..
Thank you very much.

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mavverick: 12:28pm On Jan 29, 2016
Onuokwu:

Gosh....
Gosh

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mavverick: 12:32pm On Jan 29, 2016
Excuzeme:

I dont enjoy it ...........but the guy is a LEARNER.... as in capital "L"!

He lies too much sef! One day he is building two storey, the next day he pastes a picture of one rancid bungalow without foundation and he is begging us to tell him "how to introduce pillars", the next day he is talking about "his Helipad" and then before you can say jack. he will tell us that his has just finished decking his garage! grin

But when l look at the picture of what he is building, l know he is a "L" and still has a long way to go. I just dey laugh nii! undecided

Anyway, na Ibadan boy, "his mouth" is wetin dey kill am! grin grin grin

(apologies to Ibadans in the house)

I really dont have his time and wont be responding to his Trash talk about this issue anymore.
if he likes, let him say he even "lives ontop of my head"! shocked shocked
Na im sabi

Cheers

Be like say abuse just jam someone oo.
Me self, I like reading info on this site to educate myself and create awareness on fraudsters, not really to come here to brag and talk BullSh@t

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by befto: 12:57pm On Jan 29, 2016
grin

mavverick:

Be like say abuse just jam someone oo.
Me self, I like reading info on this site to educate myself and create awareness on fraudsters, not really to come here to brag and talk BullSh@t

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by befto: 1:07pm On Jan 29, 2016
Excuzeme me Bro.

You have been nominated for an Oscar for your accurate summation.

Hope you win next month grin

Excuzeme:

It does not apply to me in anyway because for starters, l am not in your League ....in "real life" but that is something l like to downplay since we are all anonymous on the forum.
[b]
Secondly, you might come here to run your mouth about California and do some "copy and paste" in order to impress some folks here but for someone like me, l have "seen you through and seen through you"! Just looking at your project, shows the level of your pocket and l can tell you man, you are way far-far below. Maybe tomorrow, you will be on-top, Nobody knows but please, stop 'forming'!

All those "phantom ideas" you copy and paste here, we both know you cant afford them as of today.... and that tells me (while looking at what you can afford) that you are just one "struggler" hopping from one pay-check to another, in the U.S.

Even in the U.S, we both know there are "levels" .....and you dont belong at all, using any yardstick of measure! You cant even afford an Engineer (even in Advisory role!) nor can you even buy the best of materials for that you tiny little project... despite all your "copy and paste" of the best of things, from the internet! grin grin
So where is your 'hype and swagger' going to come from, ........that gives you the effrontery to be rude, arrogant and insulting to everyone here like you are 'somebody of value'?

I just laugh each time l see you 'forming' in your post, like you are 'somebody' in America.... with enough Dollars to build a Mansion in six months![/b] grin grin

I hate to write things like this but its your type that puts his finger into one's mouth, that brings such words out, as you need to be brought down to reality. I wont say more than this as l dont want to take it personal. undecided
I have said my mind and l have no intention of throwing brick-bracks with you but God forbid that l will boast (as l have nothing that is not of God) but please, do me a favour and stop being an eegit!

BTW: I have a family (wife and children), l am very fit, as l am into sports (swimming, biking, "mature-men" football and indoor aerobics) and if we look at it, you are the one that needs to get a new wife, after the last one left your broke azz, Nigga! undecided

7 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mavverick: 1:27pm On Jan 29, 2016
befto:
Excuzeme me Bro.

You have been nominated for an Oscar for your accurate summation.

Hope you win next month grin

Ladies and Gents, we are looking for nominations for the following NL 2016 Oscar awards for the year 2015 !!

And the award for the best write up goes to ................................. Mavverick on exposing brabus
And the award for the best builder goes to ................................... Hard one, I nominate Segemore
And the award for the most innovative idea/product goes to .......................... Abdulwastec on his lightweight paraphet.
And the award for the worst builder goes to .................................... BRABUS wins by a mile.
And the award for the best supplier/Artisan goes to .................................... Adeekiti / Topsy23
And the award for the new engineer of the year goes to ........................ Abdulwastec

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by amanikondo: 1:32pm On Jan 29, 2016
erico2k2:

We have these in the UK for Vans
Yes and steel doors . It must be welded.

(1) (2) (3) ... (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) ... (3662) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: gbadexy(m), DFAMEGUY11S(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.