Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,035 members, 7,799,516 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 11:29 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1241) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4345852 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1238) (1239) (1240) (1241) (1242) (1243) (1244) ... (3653) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bobkezel(m): 5:23pm On Oct 14, 2019
Conceptman:
the size of your building will determine how far that amount will go but it will definitely take you closer to moving into the house, the height of your roof will also determine how much materials it will cost you on the roofing ,the higher the roof the higher the cost of materials it takes but be rest assured that you are moving in soon. Congrats
Thanks a lot, I am trying to cut costs. So the roof with be too high and the finishing will be just moderate finishing nothing luxurious.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by RedMapleConsult(m): 5:29pm On Oct 14, 2019
Kimsunh:
Pls house I am constructing a small 4 bedroom duplex on a 30/120 plot of land. We are at the parapet level and my oga engineer gave me this quotation which I think is killing. Please help me vet this quotation because I’m sure I can’t pay for this never and I don’t want to fight him. The length and breadth of the house is 72/24 Thank you sirs

Truly construction of "Parapets" are quite expensive, but the quantity and price of materials are a bit inflated, labour as well though it's dependent on the site conditions.
But I think you can do purchase of materials yourself and pay them to do the job. Tell him to cut the quantity to moderate or you buy 75% of what he wrote.

For example; from 72/24 you wrote as the building dimension, the approximate perimeter of your house is 58m, this might vary if there are wall projections and depressions.

The 1*12*12, if you have 3 boards per section of profile that will make it 54 boards, at worst 4 boards per section of profile that's 70 boards
Then boards a re sold at 1,200, you will get 1,000 or even 900 depending on your location.
70* 1200 is 84,000. @1k is 70,000
54* 1200 is 64,800. @ 1k is 54,000
Then add sawing and transportation.

Cement 50bags should cast it, but even at 65bags
Cement is about 2,400/2500*65is 156,000/162,000
Then you add transport
Just cross check.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by RockOfAgesAlumi(m): 5:34pm On Oct 14, 2019
RockOfAgesAlumi
ALUMINIUM WINDOW with BURGLARY or without BURGLARY
Enquiry today
rockofagesaluminium7@gmail.com
Pls call: 08069609983 Or WhatsApp
Thanks.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Kimsunh: 6:24pm On Oct 14, 2019
RedMapleConsult:

Truly construction of "Parapets" are quite expensive, but the quantity and price of materials are a bit inflated, labour as well though it's dependent on the site conditions.
But I think you can do purchase of materials yourself and pay them to do the job. Tell him to cut the quantity to moderate or you buy 75% of what he wrote.

For example; from 72/24 you wrote as the building dimension, the approximate perimeter of your house is 58m, this might vary if there are wall projections and depressions.

The 1*12*12, if you have 3 boards per section of profile that will make it 54 boards, at worst 4 boards per section of profile that's 70 boards
Then boards a re sold at 1,200, you will get 1,000 or even 900 depending on your location.
70* 1200 is 84,000. @1k is 70,000
54* 1200 is 64,800. @ 1k is 54,000
Then add sawing and transportation.

Cement 50bags should cast it, but even at 65bags
Cement is about 2,400/2500*65is 156,000/162,000
Then you add transport
Just cross check.

I really appreciate this a lot sir, and for the iron, do you think that quotation is accurate enough? Because I am thinking of halfing everything he quoted. Thank you sir
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by RedMapleConsult(m): 8:49pm On Oct 14, 2019
Kimsunh:

I really appreciate this a lot sir, and for the iron, do you think that quotation is accurate enough? Because I am thinking of halfing everything he quoted. Thank you sir

12mm about 35-40lengths and he wrote half ton that's about 46 so the number is not bad, but confirm the price with transportation factor.
The 10mm half ton that's about 66 lengths 40 to 50 should do too. All these are dependent on the shape of your building externals.
My estimation are based on straight 72/24 exterior.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by RedMapleConsult(m): 8:50pm On Oct 14, 2019
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by elengine: 10:37pm On Oct 14, 2019
Kimsunh:
I really appreciate your response sir, yes my thoughts is that it shouldn’t be more than 350k since we have recently bought 40 pieces of 1x12 for the lintel and we still have some sharp sand which was bought for the lintel as well. Is there anyway you can help me with breakdown please? This guy is a crook. That’s how he quoted 2.4m for decking and we ended up spending 1.820 for everything.

Honestly if you ask me. I think you should just talk to your engineer that you have a family friend that want to do parapet for you. Then go ahead and engage someone preferably from this platform to do parapet for you. If not, your engineer will frustrate your work if you cut it this low. Obviously he is set out to make money from you. If you reduc his money which will be like 80%,
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nero2424: 2:24am On Oct 15, 2019
Kimsunh:

If you half it, make sure you are at the site all the time his working else they will half it for you immediately u step an inch away from your site... That was how my cements was jumping over my fence until someone saw them.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Kimsunh: 7:05am On Oct 15, 2019
elengine:

Honestly if you ask me. I think you should just talk to your engineer that you have a family friend that want to do parapet for you. Then go ahead and engage someone preferably from this platform to do parapet for you. If not, your engineer will frustrate your work if you cut it this low. Obviously he is set out to make money from you. If you reduc his money which will be like 80%,
I am trying to work with him base on who brought him, I don’t want to disappoint the person because he is highly respected. That’s why I am trying my best to avoid fight and if I can A more accurate quotation from here to work with for him, I will really appreciate. He is only exploring my novice in the area of construction
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dominionng(m): 7:26am On Oct 15, 2019
Excuzeme:

Never knew this!
I got a quote some years back when l wanted to do a roof of my building and the quote was not that cheap at all (l was looking to reduce overall weight of my build) so l just jettisoned the idea. We had a very serious dicussion on it some years back, on this thread.

very soon, I will look into it once more.
I will appreciate if you have the name of the company and can share it with us here.
Thanks for the information.

Leemtech Polystyrene Products
2, Mayowa Complex, Bola Tinubu Road,
Bogije Ibeju Lekki, Lagos.
Tel: 08038527762, 08059343804

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by cash1115(m): 9:27am On Oct 15, 2019
Rubbiish:

I guess your 72 by 24 measurement is in feet?
If yes, i fear the quote is on d high side
Why not do precast parapet?
This thing shouldn't cost u above 300 to 400k for precast for DAT size of building. Just ensure it is done by an expert instead of wasting money on woods
if it's precast for that measurements 300k with a good and neat and fine finishing please contact us on 07069462837
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Enetowei: 10:06am On Oct 15, 2019
Good day house, please I need help for quotation for a duplex with the size of the top floor been 46ft by 29ft, proposed pitch not too high, I would like to know the cost of everything about the roofing, a long span roofing sheet, Wood and labour
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Kenjoseph12: 2:46pm On Oct 15, 2019
DISTRESS SALE ‼️‼️

4 Bedroom semi detached with 1 BQ

Features:

Brand New
All rooms en-suite
Fitted Kitchen
CCTV
Borehole

Location �Agungi, Lekki
Title: Governor’s Consent
Price: 55m
New Price: 44m naira .

1 unit left .
Hurry ��‍♀️and take advantage of this sale .

For more info, please call 08118050111 or Click link in Bio to chat on WhatsApp .
Trustenable Nigeria Limited.

#trustenable #lagosnigeria #owanbe #lekki #ikoyi #realestate #newhouse #lekkihomes #houseforsale #property #realtor #golf #ikoyiclub #supereagles #lekkiwives #lekkihomes #buyhouseinlagos # #naijawedding
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Kenjoseph12: 2:48pm On Oct 15, 2019
DISTRESS SALE ‼️‼️

4 Bedroom semi detached with 1 BQ

Features:

Brand New
All rooms en-suite
Fitted Kitchen
CCTV
Borehole

Location �Agungi, Lekki
Title: Governor’s Consent
Price: 55m
New Price: 44m naira .

1 unit left .
Hurry ��‍♀️and take advantage of this sale .

For more info, please call 08118050111 or Click link in Bio to chat on WhatsApp .
Trustenable Nigeria Limited.

#trustenable #lagosnigeria #owanbe #lekki #ikoyi #realestate #newhouse #lekkihomes #houseforsale #property #realtor #golf #ikoyiclub #supereagles #lekkiwives #lekkihomes #buyhouseinlagos # .

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by goldcorn(f): 3:42pm On Oct 15, 2019
Kimsunh:
Pls house I am constructing a small 4 bedroom duplex on a 30/120 plot of land. We are at the parapet level and my oga engineer gave me this quotation which I think is killing. Please help me vet this quotation because I’m sure I can’t pay for this never and I don’t want to fight him. The length and breadth of the house is 72/24 Thank you sirs
For your tiling work, pls call me or Whatsapp me on 09069193297
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by goldcorn(f): 3:43pm On Oct 15, 2019
Enetowei:
Good day house, please I need help for quotation for a duplex with the size of the top floor been 46ft by 29ft, proposed pitch not too high, I would like to know the cost of everything about the roofing, a long span roofing sheet, Wood and labour
For your tiling work call or Whatsapp me on 09069193297
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by olayinka1234: 7:01pm On Oct 15, 2019
https://www.nairaland.com/5433394/architect-building-construction-professional

We are a duly registered design and build outfit. Check us out via the link above.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by olayinka1234: 7:03pm On Oct 15, 2019
08126525598. Whatsapp or call.
Zino89:
Please i need a four bedroom flat design
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mohisd(m): 9:40pm On Oct 15, 2019
Make ur own paint to reduce building cost
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dennis3D(m): 12:31pm On Oct 16, 2019
PqsMike:

Do u still require this ?

I have gotten a candidate now. Thanks for reaching out
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ganie(m): 2:46pm On Oct 16, 2019
Hi, please what is the price range of labour for the plumbing works of 2 toilets/bathrooms and a kitchen.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FiftyFifty(m): 10:27am On Oct 17, 2019
Hello all,
Pls, I want to know the size of land that can comfortably contain a 3 bedroom bungalow comprising the following:
1. Above-average sitting room with dining and toilet;
2. 3 rooms with wardrobe and toilet each;
3. A kitchen and store;
4. A 2 room BQ with toilet;
5. A security room; and
6. A space to park 3-4 cars.
Thanks in anticipation.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by luvablesam(m): 11:30am On Oct 17, 2019
Hi Everyone,
I recently acquired a plot of land in an area that is a bit swampy(Only swampy because a few people diverted the free flow drainage to the land)

So the question is this: Can i use use 6 inch Flats(hole-less blocks) to build a storey building from the foundation to the decking level? will those blocks works or i need 9 inch blocks all through? The builder said 6 inches hole-less blocks will work. I need expert suggestions please.

Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 12:02pm On Oct 17, 2019
FiftyFifty:
Hello all,
Pls, I want to know the size of land that can comfortably contain a 3 bedroom bungalow comprising the following:
1. Above-average sitting room with dining and toilet;
2. 3 rooms with wardrobe and toilet each;
3. A kitchen and store;
4. A 2 room BQ with toilet;
5. A security room; and
6. A space to park 3-4 cars.
Thanks in anticipation.

If you're a lover of space a 2 plots will go. But if you intend to do a little but of minimization then 1.5 plots will be much fine.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Conceptman: 1:31pm On Oct 17, 2019
Can you control or redirect the flow of flood coming into that land, like creating a better drainage to control the amount of flood coming into the land to avoid any problem in the future, I think it's better you use 9inches but try to control or divert the flood first.
luvablesam:
Hi Everyone,
I recently acquired a plot of land in an area that is a bit swampy(Only swampy because a few people diverted the free flow drainage to the land)

So the question is this: Can i use use 6 inch Flats(hole-less blocks) to build a storey building from the foundation to the decking level? will those blocks works or i need 9 inch blocks all through? The builder said 6 inches hole-less blocks will work. I need expert suggestions please.

Thanks

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 1:58pm On Oct 17, 2019
luvablesam:
Hi Everyone,

Thanks

If you can control the flow of water easily out of your land then please do. But it may create unforseen problems for you in the future if climate changes occur significantly.

Ensure you use a good 9" hollow block on your substructure/foundation. Please do your foundation works properly without cutting corners. Also make sure your foundation height(DPC) is by 2+ course higher than your surrounding buildings where they channel water into your land.
When you're ready for landscaping make sure yours is also higher than your neighbours too. That way you have secured your property and your environment becomes friendly for living purposes.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by boay(m): 3:04pm On Oct 17, 2019
bixton:

If you're a lover of space a 2 plots will go. But if you intend to do a little but of minimization then 1.5 plots will be much fine.

Well said

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by boay(m): 3:06pm On Oct 17, 2019
luvablesam:
Hi Everyone,

Thanks

Use 9" block for substructure. You can use 6" for internal wall partitions. If the walls are non-load bearing, solid 6" can work for the external block work. How ever, do this with caution
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by tevanso(m): 3:24pm On Oct 17, 2019
luvablesam:
Hi Everyone,

Thanks
Use 9 inches for your external walls because of the pillars. The sizes of the pillars shouldn't be less than 9 inches for safety purpose. Meanwhile do a proper structural design to guide u
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FiftyFifty(m): 5:49pm On Oct 17, 2019
bixton:

Thanks for your response. And 1.5 plots in square meters is? I'm a complete novice in this area. Thanks once again.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 6:17pm On Oct 17, 2019
FiftyFifty:

Thanks for your response. And 1.5 plots in square meters is? I'm a complete novice in this area. Thanks once again.

There are no certain specifics as to the measurement in SQM due to land availability and shape. Only inform the seller what you want and it will be marked out for you and you can use your surveyor to do the needful.
Depending on your location that size should be around 680sqm for areas using 50×100ft and more for areas using 60×120ft.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1238) (1239) (1240) (1241) (1242) (1243) (1244) ... (3653) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.