Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,856 members, 7,806,419 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:20 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1259) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4361789 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1256) (1257) (1258) (1259) (1260) (1261) (1262) ... (3661) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by lawofeso: 5:04pm On Nov 15, 2019
bamisefarms:

It’s a pleasure to comment on your post once again sir. I am capable of handling the job for you as I have my personal carpenters that will help you build long-standing thermpolyn fish pond,currently I have 8000 post fingerlings that I hatched myself and 5000 table size catfish. We spoke about 2/3years ago when I was still a university student but we couldn’t get things done then. Am located in Ikotun Egbe Lagos now.
message me on whatsup at 12102649748
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by RockOfAgesAlumi(m): 5:24pm On Nov 15, 2019
Aluminium window of your building you will never regret work with me
Enquiry today
Pls call:08069609983 Or WhatsApp
Thanks.

1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by masix11(m): 8:15pm On Nov 15, 2019
Property for sale in Lugbe. Check my profile
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Conceptman: 8:59pm On Nov 15, 2019
Call us for your aluminium windows and doors, we offer quality and affordable service @ concept Aluminium services, talk to us on 09034377258whatsapp
Email: conceptaluminiumservice@yahoo.com
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Malevonent: 1:28pm On Nov 16, 2019
Just throwing this out here incase someone has ever experienced this, and was able to resolve it.

The overhead tank in my apartment..usually lasts 2 to 3 days before........however...of recent, it only lasts 6 to 10hrs.
We hv checked everywhere, no leaks were observed, yet leak persists.
2 apartments + a security mans housr is in the compound

Kindly suvgest possible solution to this. Issue
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rubbiish(m): 1:41pm On Nov 16, 2019
Malevonent:
Just throwing this out here incase someone has ever experienced this, and was able to resolve it.

The overhead tank in my apartment..usually lasts 2 to 3 days before........however...of recent, it only lasts 6 to 10hrs.

It must be due to leaks
Get a good plumber & is d occupant of d other apartment around? To be sure they didn't leave any of their tap opened
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Malevonent: 1:53pm On Nov 16, 2019
Rubbiish:

It must be due to leaks
Get a good plumber & is d occupant of d other apartment around? To be sure they didn't leave any of their tap opened

A good plumber has been invited, and inspection of all the apartments carried out, no leak was discovered.
The issue is really disturbing and mind boggling.
The drain in money used to load the nepa meter + the inconvenience of running out of water, as nepa isnt readily available.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by davosky304: 2:39pm On Nov 16, 2019
Malevonent:

A good plumber has been invited, and inspection of all the apartments carried out, no leak was discovered.
The drain in money used to load the nepa meter + the inconvenience of running out of water, as nepa isnt readily available.

Check the toilet if it draining from the water cistern
Lock each apartment and see if the water level reduces
Another issue, the leakage may be from the pipes layed underground into each apartment

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Conceptman: 4:04pm On Nov 16, 2019
Malevonent:

the WC might be the culprit to look out for, some of the toilet WC might be overflowing or is it over-floating they say, let all occupants in the building check their toilets WC I'm sure the problem is from there. you lose water from there too.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 4:24pm On Nov 16, 2019
Malevonent:

Check the WC very well and the other tenants should also check their side as well.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 5:47pm On Nov 16, 2019
Conceptman:
the WC might be the culprit to look out for, some of the toilet WC might be overflowing or is it over-floating they say, let all occupants in the building check their toilets WC I'm sure the problem is from there. you lose water from there too.

You are right.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 5:49pm On Nov 16, 2019
Malevonent:

If your location is in Lagos or Ogun state we can carry out what we called Pressure test for you to determine where the leakage is.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bamisefarms: 6:36pm On Nov 16, 2019
lawofeso:

message me on whatsup at 12102649748

Done sir
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Malevonent: 6:37pm On Nov 16, 2019
Conceptman:

Yeah i suspect it as well.
Wil get the plumber to check the other apartments.
If no show, i think breaking open the sewage pit to observe for steady inflow, wud be the next step
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Malevonent: 6:40pm On Nov 16, 2019
rotecch77:

If your location is in Lagos or Ogun state we can carry out what we called Pressure test for you to determine where the leakage is.

Location is Edo state....
Hmmm..has this your device been succesful in locating any of such leakage b4?..
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 7:05pm On Nov 16, 2019
Malevonent:

Location is Edo state....
Hmmm..has this your device been succesful in locating any of such leakage b4?..

Oh edo state is far for this.
More so we have been using this machine for long to detect any leakage either new or old building.

When I handle the project of this thread owner HAJJI MUFUTAU plumbing work I used it there not only him , we do use it for all our plumbing/mechanical work.

Lastly in plumbing there are 3ways to test for leakage.
Pressure test.
Gradient test.
Smoke test.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Malevonent: 8:46pm On Nov 16, 2019
rotecch77:

Oh edo state is far for this.
More so we have been using this machine for long to detect any leakage either new or old building.

When I handle the project of this thread owner HAJJI MUFUTAU plumbing work I used it there not only him , we do use it for all our plumbing/mechanical work.

Lastly in plumbing there are 3ways to test for leakage.
Pressure test.
Gradient test.
Smoke test.

Wow gr8...by my lil understanding of physics....the device will only tell u there is leakage, but wudnt exactly pinpoint the leakage area/point...
Care to educate us on how it tells u the exact leakage area??
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by lukkens: 9:00pm On Nov 16, 2019
Please gurus in the house,
What is the meaning of Cp+house?
I said it written on a new building wall.

Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 10:19pm On Nov 16, 2019
Malevonent:

Wow gr8...by my lil understanding of physics....the device will only tell u there is leakage, but wudnt exactly pinpoint the leakage area/point...
Care to educate us on how it tells u the exact leakage area??

When I said we have been using this device for long not 2,5,10 yrs to detect leakage ... yes I mean what I said.

Don’t forget we do filled the container with water before carry out the test.

I will find time to explain the process or post the Vedio later here when time permits to do so.

Same process with smoke test. The leakage point will show.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Adedward(m): 7:05am On Nov 17, 2019
Gud morning here , happy Sunday to everybody here, we shall withness more on earth in Jesus name( amen, )
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Takoro13(m): 9:42am On Nov 17, 2019
this came up around arch days after removing the formwork. please what could be the cause and what remedy do I give to the crack

pixc problem: I have been trying to upload pxc on Nairaland since but abortive. please can someone help me out.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rubbiish(m): 10:43am On Nov 17, 2019
Takoro13:
this came up around arch days after removing the formwork. please what could be the cause and what remedy do I give to the crack

pixc problem: I have been trying to upload pxc on Nairaland since but abortive. please can someone help me out.
How many days was d wood removed after casting?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gmo10(m): 4:24pm On Nov 17, 2019
[quote author=gmo10 post=80299615][/quote]
In cases like this one need to first of all identify the source(s) of the problem (water), stop it permanently after which you re-plaster the affected part if you don't want screening cause in this case, wallpaper will be useless.
Call for more information
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by yinkaoke(f): 5:11pm On Nov 17, 2019
Good day all great people.
Please house help me verify this quotes from my carpenter for roof work seems high in my view:
2x4 wood 150 pieces @N500each 75000
2x3 140 pieces @ N400each 56000
2x2 logging below 240pieces N300 72000
White slate solo 210pieces @1450each 304500
Rigid scalp thick one 6poeces 2500 each 15000
Nails 4n3 inches 1bag each 16000
Facing board 18pieces @2200 39600
Pan nail slate nail 4packets @1500 6600
Binding belt 4800

Please professionals,professional carpenter's building engineers, suppliers n experience person please help me review this if it fine.
I am building a small 4bedrooms on a half plot.
Thanks as l appreciate ur kind assistance in this regard.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Takoro13(m): 6:57pm On Nov 17, 2019
Rubbiish:

How many days was d wood removed after casting?
third day sr.

the form work was not rightly erected by the carpenter hence we removed it and pull it in before nail back on the wall. can this cause this crack problem. maybe it trying to move back to initial position after concrete cast and formwork removed?

now what can I do to prevent further separation
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Takoro13(m): 7:17pm On Nov 17, 2019
yinkaoke:
Please house help me verify this quotes from my carpenter for roof work seems high in my view:
Binding belt 4800

Please professionals,professional carpenter's building engineers, suppliers n experience person please help me review this if it fine.

let me use mine for example and corrections

2*3(180)@350
2*4(140)@500/450
2*6(65)@700
3*4(25)@700
1*10(22)@1400/1200
2*2(240)@250
4" (1bg)@6500
5" (1/2)@3250
3" (10kg)@200
2" (2kg)@200
ojagba(6bdle)@1200
ironsheet nail(6pk)@1600
rubber pack(3yards)@1200
ironsheet(15-16bdles)@18000-9500

hope people shld help us criticise these two quotations.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Takoro13(m): 7:22pm On Nov 17, 2019
yinkaoke:
Binding belt 4800

price depends on the area and state. your level of market price pressure can also help.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Johnadelaide00: 9:13pm On Nov 17, 2019
Please house, what is the cost of suspended ceiling per SQM
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dennis3D(m): 10:51pm On Nov 17, 2019
Hello House

I need response to this...

*Material is how much per square meter*?

*Labour is how much per square meter for POP work only. Average Design.*
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dennis3D(m): 5:03am On Nov 18, 2019
goldcorn:

WhatsApp me on 09069193297 for the pop ceiling quote, i need drawings or site measurements

I need response to this...

*Material is how much per square meter*?

*Labour is how much per square meter for POP work only. Average Design.*
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Malevonent: 6:07am On Nov 18, 2019
rotecch77:

When I said we have been using this device for long not 2,5,10 yrs to detect leakage ... yes I mean what I said.

Don’t forget we do filled the container with water before carry out the test.

I will find time to explain the process or post the Vedio later here when time permits to do so.

Same process with smoke test. The leakage point will show.

Ok, waiting...n3ed to rewolve this problem asap, no longer funny. Fetching water in bucket to flush toilet in 2019!

(1) (2) (3) ... (1256) (1257) (1258) (1259) (1260) (1261) (1262) ... (3661) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.