Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,768 members, 7,802,351 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:57 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1290) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4352079 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1287) (1288) (1289) (1290) (1291) (1292) (1293) ... (3656) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 9:28pm On Jan 05, 2020
tikristinimi21:

I have not given him any job before but I have been discussing with him topsy23 for the past one week as I am about commiting some fund for some supplies of electrical cables this week.I will definitely be back to give a feedback as to his efficiency and integrity.

P:S I sure will like this to be a reference point for our transaction.

Boss my integrity is at stake, assuming you are in Lagos I can deliver the cables and collect money in delivery . I have done so many of these in Lagos..U
You can ask Twinskenny Kolashong, Mr Upon,(regular customer from Portharcourt, Kkonsult, Mr Idowu, Mr. Tola Ayegbaju, Mr. Mayor etc
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 9:43pm On Jan 05, 2020
tikristinimi21:

I have not given him any job before but I have been discussing with him topsy23 for the past one week as I am about commiting some fund for some supplies of electrical cables this week.I will definitely be back to give a feedback as to his efficiency and integrity.

P:S I sure will like this to be a reference point for our transaction.

Your funds are very safe. I referred someone to him about 2 weeks ago and the cables were picked up at Coleman office. Original cable guaranteed.

Over 400k was sent and he delivered.

Attached is a screenshot of a video made at the pick up at the factory.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Biztech05(m): 10:41pm On Jan 05, 2020
Cindino20:

Passing such treated waste (effluent sludge) into public drainage withoht authorization from relevant authorities is very insensitive and posses health hazard to the people considering that most drainage systems in Nigeria were not designed for effluent sludge collection.

Drainage systems in Nigeria were designed/built for run off rain water and in some cases they are open drainage system (no cover) and some if not all re emptied to natural water bodies (rivers and lakes).

For this digester to be effective, the effluent sludge and sludge resulting from Anaerobic/Aerobic treatment has to be collected by dedicated sewage lines for further treatment /direct use or collected regualarly by an approved faceal sludge manager.

I stand to be corrected tho..but if this guy is just emptying his effluent sludge into public drainage without authorization from relevant authorities then this is totally wrong.

Edit.

Attached to this post is his explanation of our the system works in another thread.

With the little information provided thus far, it seems there will be large amount of baterial and other pathogens in the effluent sludge.

It will be interesting to see if our Engr. ve done any water analysis in the past and recieved the appropiate authorization before emptying this effluent sludge into public drainage system.

@emman44 please your response is needed here

C.

Check attached picture below and note the explanation well
I just try to share little light into the matter and am not Mr taiwo.
Thanks!

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 11:13pm On Jan 05, 2020
yannj7002:
Good evening everyone.
I am relatively very new on this thread.Infact, this is my first post on Nairaland. Money is involved and I can't be more careful. I am about contacting topsy23 for a wiring project. Has anyone worked with him before here?

If I eventually make use of his service, I will like this space to be a reference point.I will be giving a feedback as to his performance and integrity.

Thank you!
go ahead sir.., you are a safe hands
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Muyi002(m): 6:41am On Jan 06, 2020
KolaShangOne:

If you’re doing just 2 inches, you will use about 20-25 bags only.

Thanks boss. I appreciate
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Biztech05(m): 8:26am On Jan 06, 2020
Happy new week
Did you need a professional site manager or supervisor?
Contact; BIZTECH CONSULT
Yours satisfactions is guaranteed.

Email; Biztech05@yahoo.com
Phone/ WhatsApp : +2348062664416
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 11:17am On Jan 06, 2020
4newguy:
Good day. I need this great house and engineers advice. I started a 4bedroom bungalow which weve roofed and plastered. Of recent, weve noticed crack both horizontal and vertical cracks on the walls and the floor. Engineer said it's as a result of differential settlement and it can be worked on.
He said working on it involves cracking the walls and just filling and plastering with cement and sand.
Someone told me it involves breaking the walls and inserting reinforcement (iron rods) and plastering with mixed sand,cement and granite.

He insists that it's not necessary. Please engineers in the house, is it necessary or not

Thanks OP for given us the structural defects to handle which we did some few week back which you are certified with this prompt you to give us the finishing of the house to do.
Full work begins this week thank you all.

Pics of the defects posted here by the client before he contacted us.

Here is the link I created for the job

https://www.nairaland.com/5613560/benin-kingdom-project-rotech77

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mrsteel: 4:32pm On Jan 06, 2020
rotecch77:

Thanks OP for given us the structural defects to handle which we did some few week back which you are certified with this prompt you to give us the finishing of the house to do.
Full work begins this week thank you all.

Pics of the defects posted here by the client before he contacted us.

Here is the link I created for the job

https://www.nairaland.com/5613560/benin-kingdom-project-rotech77
From d pics u uploaded, did the lintel also crack?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Neweko: 7:59pm On Jan 06, 2020
Hi All,

Has anyone got a floor plan for a nice simple gate house/security house they can share? if you are a builder even better we can work together. grin
Something like Abdulwastecx did

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 5:06am On Jan 07, 2020
Neweko:
Hi All,

Has anyone got a floor plan for a nice simple gate house/security house they can share? if you are a builder even better we can work together. grin

Why not contact him?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by beamNIGERIA: 9:20am On Jan 07, 2020
I urgently need the services of a swamp buggie within ikorodu area. Kindly contact the number in signature

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dennis3D(m): 9:55am On Jan 07, 2020
Neweko:
Hi All,

See what I have here. Security and Gen House together. Nice and simple. See our signature for our contact

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dwanay(m): 10:11am On Jan 07, 2020
Call for tiler
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BenjaminOwolabi: 10:41am On Jan 07, 2020
yannj7002:
Good evening everyone.
I am relatively very new on this thread.Infact, this is my first post on Nairaland. Money is involved and I can't be more careful. I am about contacting topsy23 for a wiring project. Has anyone worked with him before here?

If I eventually make use of his service, I will like this space to be a reference point.I will be giving a feedback as to his performance and integrity.

Thank you!

Dear yannj7002... reference topsy23, he is currently handling electrical project for my 7bed duplex and its been very satisfying experience. Give him the job ... go to sleep. Professionalism is superb... and you see same exhibited in all his boys. I even call one of his boys perfectionist.

Talk about integrity on funds, you have no fear. Trust me. I can stand a guarantor for him. Quote me on that.

He is quality... but will advise you on consequence of your choices which cost might want to tempt quantity.

Everyone that has visited my site request for his contact... and I gladly passed on.

Funny enough, I met him on here too. smiley

Benjamin... you may pm me if want more info.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by SanniOluwafemi(m): 1:20pm On Jan 07, 2020
In need of home/office furniture
Call Maplewood furniture on 08022283035
Business WhatsApp 07032186146

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by megacontrol(m): 2:33pm On Jan 07, 2020
hmmm... i don't mean to be a party pooper but I'm here wondering if you had to create a profile for the sole purpose of this eulogy.

No previous NL history of this moniker but you "met him on here too" (sic)?

Hmmmm...

BenjaminOwolabi:

Dear yannj7002... reference topsy23, he is currently handling electrical project for my 7bed duplex and its been very satisfying experience. Give him the job ... go to sleep. Professionalism is superb... and you see same exhibited in all his boys. I even call one of his boys perfectionist.

Talk about integrity on funds, you have no fear. Trust me. I can stand a guarantor for him. Quote me on that.

He is quality... but will advise you on consequence of your choices which cost might want to tempt quantity.

Everyone that has visited my site request for his contact... and I gladly passed on.

Funny enough, I met him on here too. smiley

Benjamin... you may pm me if want more info.

6 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Afootee: 2:39pm On Jan 07, 2020
Hello house, I have a 4 bedroom bungalow that I just completed the wood work, my carpenter gave me quotation of the roofing materials which I believe it is too much. He said I'm going to use 472.3sqm of aluminum step tiles. The actual land area developed is 199sqm, I took time to calculate the roof area according to what I have on the roof plan I got 221sqm. The highest point of the roof pitch cannot exceed 45 degrees(the plank was raised by 4m). Please I need someone that can help me get the actual area of the step tiles I need to buy. I can send the roof plan to u. Thanks.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Okuda(m): 3:56pm On Jan 07, 2020
Dennis3D:

See what I have here. Security and Gen House together. Nice and simple. See our signature for our contact

how do you people mix security and generator house together? is that not wickedness from high places and imsensotivity to other people who are under your moneys care? we must be considerate people come this 2020!

8 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Zino89: 5:08pm On Jan 07, 2020
Dennis3D:

are you for real?? Security and generator house together na wa

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 6:06pm On Jan 07, 2020
Zino89:
are you for real?? Security and generator house together na wa

Actually it’s good to separate it but I have seen it in many places even in some of our members house here both are combine together but in a bearable way.

The security house is something 8*8 rooms then toilet 8*4 the toilet shear wall with the generator house of 8*8 and the generator is medium size SOUND proof type.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by multikolour(m): 6:08pm On Jan 07, 2020
Dennis3D:

How do you expect him to listen/hear the movement of criminals?

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by QSFemi(m): 7:18pm On Jan 07, 2020
Happy new week.

Quantity Surveyors are your friends - contractors, builders, architects, project sponsors etc. They are the financial expert of any construction activity.

Seek one today.
Seek a Quantity Surveyor to reduce the cost of construction by at least 25%.

I'm a Quantity Surveyor.

Contact for Bill of Quantities, Valuations, Labour and Material schedule etc

Contact Choice Cost Consult: 09012800750
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Neweko: 8:02pm On Jan 07, 2020
Thanks everyone, it is just a security house no Gen.

@Dennis3D, @KolashangOne and at Rotecch77 very grateful for your contribution.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bobkezel(m): 8:11pm On Jan 07, 2020
Dennis3D:

You are heartless.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 8:14pm On Jan 07, 2020
Neweko:
Thanks everyone, it is just a security house no Gen.
@Dennis3D, @KolashangOne and at Rotecch77 very grateful for your contribution.

The way I looked at it... the live-in Security Mallam is considered part of the family since some of my family lives is in his hand.
So, my security house is designed and built for him to also enjoy the place. Aventures the Great designed and built it for me.
It comprises of big room, I think room itself is like 8x10 or 10x10, I have forgotten now.. with kitchen and bathroom/toilet and a verandah added.
So whatever security house you are building, make sure your Security Man/Woman will also be comfortable in it.
My Generator house is also built separate away from the Security house, all designed and built by Aventures.
Thank you.

Hajji M.

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by emman44(m): 9:36pm On Jan 07, 2020
mufutau55:

Oga Taiwo. Can you explain in details how this your Digester work in replacement for soakaways and septic tanks. Thank you.

Hajji M.
Sorry for my late response..
The system does a fast separation of solid and liquid... The Digester is two layers 1. The upper layer where the all degradable material are been digested
2. Lower layer where the water is been filter and go out to the pit created for dry land and drainage or canal for high water level....

The upper layers consist of fibre which create micro-organism in thousands that feed on the waste while the lower layer consist of filters that make the water going out odourless and environmental friendly.
It works in both dry land and high water area...
Advantage of sewage Diegester
1. No odour
2. No evacuation,
3. Little space required
4. Cheaper than the spetic tank

Disadvantage
The use of condoms and sanitary pads.. But if it is for hotel we have another design for that..
It can be in both residential and commercial including high rise buildings....

Taiwo 07066474055
M&E consultant
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by emman44(m): 9:40pm On Jan 07, 2020
bobkezel:

That's the last thing he will do. Never.
The system does a fast separation of solid and liquid... The Digester is two layers 1. The upper layer where the all degradable material are been digested
2. Lower layer where the water is been filter and go out to the pit created for dry land and drainage or canal for high water level....

The upper layers consist of fibre which create micro-organism in thousands that feed on the waste while the lower layer consist of filters that make the water going out odourless and environmental friendly.
1. No odour
2. No evacuation,
3. Little space required

Disadvantage
The use of condoms and sanitary pads.. But if it is for hotel we have another design for that..

Taiwo 07066474055
M&E consultant
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by emman44(m): 9:43pm On Jan 07, 2020
earthrealm:

Drainage ke?.
How many houses are near drainages in nigeria?...
I dont even like chanelling even bath&kitchen water to public drainage.

Lets wait for the horse to speak.
Til he gives a brief but satisfactory explanation of how the thing works, i doubt many people here will be willing to take the risk.

Soak away systems in nigeria are not that expensive and work well.my present abode has 2 pits, and this is the 8th year, no sign of it getting full. 2 apartments

1. No odour
2. No evacuation,
3. Little space required

Disadvantage

Taiwo 07066474055
M&E consultant
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by emman44(m): 9:46pm On Jan 07, 2020
rotecch77:

I have done the system before and the owner of the house is using it presently I posted the pics here some pages back around 2018 ending or early last years I tag it (3 compartments septic tank)

But what I did is that I passed the last water from the section C into SUCKAWAY because there is not drainage in that street presently. Hope to passed it into drainage in future.

Although my is a bigger type.
In this year 2020 my vision is to see how I can convert the system to BIOGAS.

I will post the finishing pics ( the one I did then)later today if check my achieve.

The problem is that in some area you can’t run your waste into the drainage they will not allow you NEVER. That is the reason why I’m thinking of biogas in this 2020. Few people have done this yes,

I will also design a prototype on how this thing work in few days here, I will set up a system and you people will see how the system work. Let me stop here for now.

Happy wkd to you all

Yes here is the current pics

The size is 5*7, 5*7, 4*7 while the suck away is 7*6. The depth is 10ft for the compartment while the suckaway is 6ft.

Why this size is that i designed it to last for 40yrs and above because we don’t know the policy give will bring in nearest future.

This particular one is designed to be used by 5bedrooms duplex, 1unit of 2bedroom flat and 2units of mini flat.

You need to upgrade system to sewage Digester
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by emman44(m): 9:54pm On Jan 07, 2020
Cindino20:

Passing such treated waste (effluent sludge) into public drainage withoht authorization from relevant authorities is very insensitive and posses health hazard to the people considering that most drainage systems in Nigeria were not designed for effluent sludge collection.

Drainage systems in Nigeria were designed/built for run off rain water and in some cases they are open drainage system (no cover) and some if not all re emptied to natural water bodies (rivers and lakes).

For this digester to be effective, the effluent sludge and sludge resulting from Anaerobic/Aerobic treatment has to be collected by dedicated sewage lines for further treatment /direct use or collected regualarly by an approved faceal sludge manager.

I stand to be corrected tho..but if this guy is just emptying his effluent sludge into public drainage without authorization from relevant authorities then this is totally wrong.

Edit.

Attached to this post is his explanation of our the system works in another thread.

With the little information provided thus far, it seems there will be large amount of baterial and other pathogens in the effluent sludge.

It will be interesting to see if our Engr. ve done any water analysis in the past and recieved the appropiate authorization before emptying this effluent sludge into public drainage system.

@emman44 please your response is needed here

C.
Thanks very much sir.. The Digester is been design in different ways depending on the soil formation of every of our site.. For dry land the water from the toilet waste goes into the ground while where we have a high level water area we treat the water to be environmental friendly and channel through to the drainage or canal as the case may be..
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Neweko: 9:59pm On Jan 07, 2020
@my one and only hajji M. thanks for your input.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1287) (1288) (1289) (1290) (1291) (1292) (1293) ... (3656) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Perfumista1(f), lastpage and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.