Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,306 members, 7,808,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:07 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1447) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4365467 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1444) (1445) (1446) (1447) (1448) (1449) (1450) ... (3661) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by davodyguy: 10:43am On Jun 30, 2020
davodyguy:

I will definitely contact you.

Seems someone wants to scam me.

I have been asking around if there are some special woods, which would justly the ridiculous price quotation I got from my supervisor

I am not trying to criticize site supervisors, engineers or artisans, but sometimes, developers (property owners) need to always check price quotation given.

I just saved N161,000 over billing by Engineer, thanks to verification I did on Nairaland about the actual cost of timber for roofing.

Once you get any quote, please check from 3-4 others and if same in terms of pricing and quality, go for anyone you like

8 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dennis3D(m): 1:04pm On Jun 30, 2020
megacontrol:
I'll like to hear form you and others that think a VT is an overkill for mini-flat ... where then do you suggest to place the only bathroom in the house?

a) en-suite and inside the bedroom such that a visitor have to come into the bedroom to use or
b) outside such that it is directly accessible from the living room

thanks

Not an overkill per say but saves space makes it functional at the same time. Would share a plan I did that solved that purpose soon.

Reason for that is this.
One bedroom flat is not meant to have so much people in it by virtue of design and space management. So it is assumed that under normal circumstances, the Occupant can as well us one convinence area by way of design and positioning.

I quite understand why you feel there is need for it because of our culture of housing so much people in building basically.

Just the way we Design and make car parking provisions for a specified number of cars for example. I don't know if you still understand what I mean. However if you don't, I will still find time to share one I did.

See the building below. It has owbee occupied 4 Bedroom Duplex, one executive mini flat and a rentable 2 bedroom Duplex. All full options.

The mini flat there has the description I have suggested herein. The yellow wall you see in the middle below is the mini flat.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 2:12pm On Jun 30, 2020
mufutau55:

Not a bad concept. But I personally think you should eliminate the Guest Toilet in a one bedroom apartment, it is overkill.
One toilet should be enough for the Occupant and the Visitor. Thank you.

Hajji M.

Good sir,
I did same in my his project (the project is 4unit of 2bedroom and 4units of Mini flat.

But if client says he is she need it, what can say than to abide with his/ she choice.

Here is attached pic ( I cut the mini flat plan out from the full drawing)

https://www.nairaland.com/5377385/construction-4units-2bdrms-4-units

The link to the thread

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Salliet(m): 4:15pm On Jun 30, 2020
mufutau55:

Not a bad concept. But I personally think you should eliminate the Guest Toilet in a one bedroom apartment, it is overkill.
One toilet should be enough for the Occupant and the Visitor. Thank you.

Hajji M.

Much appreciated sir.

Actually the plan is to have 12nos of this in total in a two (2) storey building.

This is purely commercial. Most builders here add that to increase the rental value as it is rented 450 - 500k here in Surulere.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Salliet(m): 4:20pm On Jun 30, 2020
ArcToyin:

Why adding another floor? I can help you have the four units on said plot without a storey.

Actually the plan is to have 12nos of this in total in a two (2) storey building.

This is purely commercial.

Kindly mention me in an old thread or share your mobile if you don't mind.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ArcToyin(m): 4:47pm On Jun 30, 2020
Salliet:

This is purely commercial.

Kindly mention me in an old thread or share your mobile if you don't mind.

I can help achieve. Call/ Whatsapp 08064918538
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ArcToyin(m): 4:50pm On Jun 30, 2020
I need a tipper that can convey rubies from Cement to Ilupeju. It is urgent pls.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Salliet(m): 6:01pm On Jun 30, 2020
uncleteeh:

Well, it isn't a bad concept. though the windows aren't big enough for some rooms that need enough ventilation.

Could also see that this is a concept you got online.

You may contact us at OAK Group to help Expatiate more on this dream of urs. We gonna advice and aid till the project come tru.
08108408732 call/whatsapp

I actually did the sketch myself. Hence it is incomplete. I want it to be criticised before approaching/concluding with an architect.

I truly appreciate your valuable contribution
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 6:37pm On Jun 30, 2020
Greetings, can a kind soul please share the cost of the following wires:

1.5mm
2.5mm
1mm
4mm

Additionally, is Coleman wire acceptable?

Thanks.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Takoro13(m): 7:32pm On Jun 30, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

You’re right Sir. A one bedroom flat doesn’t need to be en-suite. The location of this visitors toilet is also horrid.
you mean it? SR, I can only question the toilet entrance. I prefer the v/toilet door locate at the corridor
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 7:42pm On Jun 30, 2020
EgunMogaji2:
Greetings, can a kind soul please share the cost of the following wires:

1.5mm. 6880
2.5mm 11150
1mm. 4950
4mm. 18300

Additionally, is Coleman wire acceptable?

Thanks.

cc topsy23

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 7:43pm On Jun 30, 2020
twinskenny:

Thanks Ejire. How about Coleman as a brand?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 7:45pm On Jun 30, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

Thanks Ejire. How about Coleman as a brand?

thats coleman price sir,

for now coleman is still the best out there..

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 8:52pm On Jun 30, 2020
twinskenny:

cc topsy23

Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Think9ja(m): 9:14pm On Jun 30, 2020
Good evening to you nairalanders.

Assuming I'm to give this building plan as a contract to a mason, how much should be my budget, EXCLUDING MATERIALS?

The mason will be in charge of everything from the foundation to the parapet. He's the one to bring iron bender, carpenter and he's the one to pay for every labour involved. How much should I budget?

Note; The project is in the Masaka/Uke axis of Abuja.

Thanks

mufutau55
topsy23
takoro13

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 9:32pm On Jun 30, 2020
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Boyhood: 9:34pm On Jun 30, 2020
Think9ja:

Assuming I'm to give this building plan as a contract to a mason, how much should be my budget?

The mason will be in charge of everything from the foundation to the parapet. He's the one to bring iron bender, carpenter and he's the one to pay for every labour involved. How much should I budget?

Thanks

mufutau55
topsy23
takoro13
Since you know that Masaka/Uke axis is in Nasarawa state..
You can budget ±2million
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 9:34pm On Jun 30, 2020
Think9ja:

Assuming I'm to give this building plan as a contract to a mason, how much should be my budget?

Thanks

Why can’t you give your project to a professional instead of bricklayer , you mean this bricklayer will also supervise iron bender, plumber, electrician, etc,
My advise to you is to engage a professional to supervise the project for you in your area there.

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dominionng(m): 9:44pm On Jun 30, 2020
Walted0n:
Good evening house... Please I need the cost of screeding per metre square (labour) and cost of screeding paint. Thank you

N200 and N300 for Internal and External screeding respectively(Labour only)
Glova paint is N3,000 - N3,500 depending on your location.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by seglad2(m): 9:45pm On Jun 30, 2020
Do u want to use those bundle aluminum in this era? This how d bundle type look

Poorboy:
ok I mean a bundle

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dominionng(m): 9:45pm On Jun 30, 2020
gbadexy:

cc dominionng.
Thanks boss

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by tonididdy(m): 10:04pm On Jun 30, 2020
embarassed I met this thread late but not too late, as I have saved a lot
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Think9ja(m): 10:19pm On Jun 30, 2020
rotecch77:

Why can’t you give your project to a professional instead of bricklayer , you mean this bricklayer will also supervise iron bender, plumber, electrician, etc,
My advise to you is to engage a professional to supervise the project for you in your area there.

I just want to know the cost of raising a structure of that plan upto parapet level excluding the cost of materials
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ChiefSupplier55(m): 10:25pm On Jun 30, 2020
rotecch77:
Few pics as requested by member here.
Check this thread for more pics

https://www.nairaland.com/4269104/showcasing-finishings-work-i.etilingkitchen-setup

Nice work. .......
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Poorboy: 10:27pm On Jun 30, 2020
seglad2:
Do u want to use those bundle aluminum in this era? This how d bundle type look

hahahhaaahhaha which one is better and the price
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Adefajofashola(m): 10:40pm On Jun 30, 2020
Good evening house

I need your help on this, how many bag of cement can be mould from 30 tons of stone dust, block size will be 6" and 40 piece each from each bag of cement.

Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by coldcandy: 11:01pm On Jun 30, 2020
Whatever you will get here is an estimate.
Since you are considering giving the job to a mason, it means u are the project manager. So do some work for yourself by going through this thread from the beginning and you will be glad you did! I have done same and I am so happy with the effort while being grateful to all the building gurus in the property section who have taken their time and data to teach us.

Think9ja:

Assuming I'm to give this building plan as a contract to a mason, how much should be my budget, EXCLUDING MATERIALS?

Thanks

mufutau55
topsy23
takoro13

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by soonest(f): 11:22pm On Jun 30, 2020
Think9ja:

I just want to know the cost of raising a structure of that plan upto parapet level excluding the cost of materials
400 to 450k should take it to parafet level but i don't know how labour is priced in Abuja axis
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Think9ja(m): 11:23pm On Jun 30, 2020
coldcandy:
Whatever you will get here is an estimate.
[Since you are considering giving the job to a mason, it means u are the project manager. So do some work for yourself by going through this thread from the beginning and you will be glad you did! I have done same and I am so happy with the effort while being grateful to all the building gurus in the property section who have taken their time and data to teach us.

Exactly.
I just need an estimate
Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by coldcandy: 11:24pm On Jun 30, 2020
As a tenant, I will like my kitchen to be where the visitors toilet is and my vt where the toilet is. (placing the two toilets side by side is also good for evacuation piping).
I will also want a wall to screen the kitchen entrance.
Consider placing the main entrance where the window is.

Salliet:
Good morning folks,

I plan to build four nos miniflat on a half plot. Please critic this partial design. I will appreciate candid feedback.

Hint:

Each unit is comprised of: 1 sitting room, 1 bedroom ensuite, 1 guest toilet, 1 kitchen, 1 balcony with a shared stair case.

Thank you

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Think9ja(m): 11:28pm On Jun 30, 2020
soonest:

400 to 450k should take it to parafet level but i don't know how labour is priced in Abuja axis

Thank you so much sir/ma
I was budgeting 300k

Or did you include cost of materials?
Like iron rod, cement etc.

I'm only interested in the cost of labour.

Again, thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by soonest(f): 11:40pm On Jun 30, 2020
Think9ja:

Thank you so much sir/ma
I was budgeting 300k

Or did you include cost of materials?
Like iron rod, cement etc.

I'm only interested in the cost of labour.

Again, thanks
No i didn't consider materials, only Labour. Mason, service, carpenter, iron bender.
Foundation labour
Labour for filling
Labour for block setting
Labour for lintel
Block setting above lintel

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1444) (1445) (1446) (1447) (1448) (1449) (1450) ... (3661) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: sonnie10 and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.