Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,000 members, 7,806,917 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:52 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1450) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4363340 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1447) (1448) (1449) (1450) (1451) (1452) (1453) ... (3661) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by tonididdy(m): 7:55am On Jul 02, 2020
Hi guys GDM.
This Is a floor design plan.
Please which design would you go for?

Please just click like for pic1 and share for pic2.

Thanks.... All votes now pls

3 Likes 9 Shares

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by tonididdy(m): 8:29am On Jul 02, 2020
Takoro13:
I don't know why people will always find trouble where there is non. this is what i saw from the person (unknow) that own the land beside me ooo. he encroach my land in a funny way. I don't know him/her. no one has his number around here.
see attach.

Is this the front or back of the land...(I mean where the house is facing?)

If this is front of the house then this is wrong but if it's back of the house then it's right because you can't leave your bacon in another man's land.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Adequate459: 9:35am On Jul 02, 2020
Hello professionals,
Kudos for the job you are doing on this platform
Please i need advice,i have a project of 3 bedroom flat with a mini flat.
It has reached the lintel level and for now i have 500k,what do you suggest i do next next?
Please note that we have done borehole,fence,soak away and water tank stand.
Moreover,two rooms has not been filled with sand also.

Kindly advise what do next considering this season and fund availability.

Hope to hear from you soon.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by One4me: 9:36am On Jul 02, 2020
tonididdy:

Is this the front or back of the land...(I mean where the house is facing?)

If this is front of the house then this is wrong but if it's back of the house then it's right because you can't leave your bacon in another man's land.

Since most people share a fence, the Fence should sit Right ontop the Beacon and its labelling just put on the side of the wall beside it.
In land matters, you dont shift even one inch beyond where your land ends, not to mention tthis one that is about 9inches (6inches block and the space between the Beacon and the block). Its just Greed, if it was done with the knowledge of the land owner but if it is Baba Lati the bricklayer that did, it, it should be corrected ASAP`, with Pictures taken before and after, for records purposes.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chazblagos(m): 9:53am On Jul 02, 2020
I need a mini bus (a.k.a Korope or small doctor) on higher purchase. If you have or willing to buy,or You know someone that needs a driver for it.
please reach out to me
I live in Ajah area of Lagos state

Call me..

Or WhatsApp 08030720234
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by saydfact(m): 10:36am On Jul 02, 2020
damola311:
Good morning and happy new month to everyone....

Please, what's the average cost to pay a bricklayer for workmanship in plastering in and out of a 4 bedroom ensuite?

Measurement is 19.6*12.5

Also, this window design using cement, what's the average cost per window?

Morning;
Its difficult to estimate the plastering without an idea of the plan.

The window design range from N2500 -3500 per window;

Goodluck

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by damola311: 11:04am On Jul 02, 2020
saydfact:

Morning;
Its difficult to estimate the plastering without an idea of the plan.

The window design range from N2500 -3500 per window;

Goodluck

Thanks for the response boss..... I was given 170K for the plastering as workmanship.

He mentioned something like 3inches thickness and not those plastering that the block traces will be showing later.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Adequate459: 11:05am On Jul 02, 2020
Adequate459:
Hello professionals,
It has reached the lintel level and for now i have 500k,what do you suggest i do next next?

Please be reminded
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 11:20am On Jul 02, 2020
Few pics as requested by some ogas here
You can visit our thread for more

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by tonididdy(m): 11:29am On Jul 02, 2020
One4me:

Since most people share a fence, the Fence should sit Right ontop the Beacon and its labelling just put on the side of the wall beside it.
In land matters, you dont shift even one inch beyond where your land ends, not to mention tthis one that is about 9inches (6inches block and the space between the Beacon and the block). Its just Greed, if it was done with the knowledge of the land owner but if it is Baba Lati the bricklayer that did, it, it should be corrected ASAP`, with Pictures taken before and after, for records purposes.
These are perilous times.
Man must be EXTRA careful

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by tonididdy(m): 11:35am On Jul 02, 2020
Adequate459:
Hello professionals,

500k is small for what I would have proposed.
Otherwise I would have said to finish the mini flat and rent it out ASAP.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Adequate459: 11:51am On Jul 02, 2020
tonididdy:

500k is small for what I would have proposed.
Otherwise I would have said to finish the mini flat and rent it out ASAP.
The mini flat would be let out when we moved into the main building,so no plan to rent it out for now
Thank you for the prompt response
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Takoro13(m): 1:21pm On Jul 02, 2020
tonididdy:

That's only 6inches into your land.... Just saying lipsrsealed sometimes it's best to "let sleepinh dogs lie".
I appreciate your thought, SR.

I don't know how value is the 6" by 120fts in other places but in my place is something SR.

I also appreciate others for their contributions. I will do just that soon.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Ratun(m): 1:44pm On Jul 02, 2020
Adequate459:
Hello professionals,

If you can get more additional funds to finish the mini flat, you can rent it out, and use the fund to continue the rest of the building. But if you want to take your take time to complete the whole building, it's also fine, so far you don't have a problem with your current accommodation, but don't forget that the time will never be right, you just have to take one step at a time.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Adequate459: 1:48pm On Jul 02, 2020
Ratun:

If you can get more additional funds to finish the mini flat, you can rent it out, and use the fund to continue the rest of the building. But if you want to take your take time to complete the whole building, it's also fine, so far you don't have a problem with your current accommodation, but don't forget that the time will never be right, you just have to take one step at a time.

I appreciate your response
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by LanesosGR: 1:49pm On Jul 02, 2020
Who can build this for me at a reasonable price. NO SUBCONTRACT PLEASE.

If you do this, then buzz me with your quotation to lanesosbiz@gmail.com

Spaces for the following fixtures inside should be considered.
Refrigerator 1
Exhaust fan 1
Pasta Boiler machine 1
AC 1
Microwave 1
POS 1

NO SUBCONTRACT PLEASE.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ArcToyin(m): 2:16pm On Jul 02, 2020
Salliet:

I have taken contributions from my esteemed Engineering personel here and modified the layout.

Hints:
1. Put both toilets together for piping/evacuation ease.
2. Maintain the balcony for cloth hanger or inverter batteries or AC outdoor unit etc.

3. Position of kitchen to improve cross ventilation.

4. Visitor's toilet door was too close to bedroom door in the previous design.

5. The bedroom windows were previously split into two separate 600mm but now combined to a single 1200mm window.

6. Introduced a little shoot out by the kitchen, to make the 2storey building look a bit stylish than being just flat and bland.

7. Most importantly, with the same perimeter of a given space, the closer the space is to being a square the more the area created. Hence most of the spaces are square in nature.

What I mean is:

Length : breadth: Area : Perimeter

L : B : P : A
7 : 1 : 16 : 07
6 : 2 : 16 : 12
5 : 3 : 16 : 15
4 : 4 : 16 : 16

One drawback is that, there will be a visible tie beam in the kitchen. That could be concealed with pop though.

@coldcandy
@ArcToyin
@mufutau55
@uncleteeh
@seglad2
@Takoro13
@One4me
@Dennis3D
@EgunMogaji2
@rotecch77
@Saydfact

Kindly look into

1) Create an exit door for the kitchen leading to the entrance porch.
2) The apartment is choke. Increase the width of all the windows by 300mm.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Topmost11(m): 2:51pm On Jul 02, 2020
Pls criticize this basic plan for a 3 bedroom bungalow. Thanks

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ArcToyin(m): 4:35pm On Jul 02, 2020
Adequate459:

Please be reminded
Add the remaining courses 2 or 3 all round. After then is roofing.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by saydfact(m): 4:44pm On Jul 02, 2020
Topmost11:
Pls criticize this basic plan for a 3 bedroom bungalow. Thanks

The plan is sufficient - once scaled, it would come out well.

hint: store 1.2 and kitchen 3m gives the Living Room an adequate 4.2 (minimum) width.

Goodluck

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Focusmind: 4:56pm On Jul 02, 2020
ratiken:

Adedipupo aka Kkconsult, don't you think it will be more credible for you and what you represent on this platform to deliver on the services you have been paid for.

Why would you take 250k for engineering drawings and disappear without picking your calls for over one month? I won't consider this fraud yet until you refuse to revert within the next week.

Honestly,i don't know why some Engineers in this forum behaves like this?? They will collect money and promise to deliver in one week's time.

After one, two and four weeks no show. When you call him, he won't pick and will be avoiding you.

Stupidly, he would come to nairaland again soliciting and advertising his job again. I am currently pursuing one like that with SARS. He seems to be hiding but we will get him after collecting 300k to deliver on windows.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by yinkaoke(f): 5:10pm On Jul 02, 2020
Hello house please help me appraise this work. I saw them tiling, so l want to engage them when am ready. Is it a good work?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ratiken(m): 5:37pm On Jul 02, 2020
Focusmind:

Honestly,i don't know why some Engineers in this forum behaves like this?? They will collect money and promise to deliver in one week's time.

After one, two and four weeks no show. When you call him, he won't pick and will be avoiding you.

Stupidly, he would come to nairaland again soliciting and advertising his job again. I am currently pursuing one like that with SARS. He seems to be hiding but we will get him after collecting 300k to deliver on windows.

This is terribly sad but he messed with the wrong one this time. Criminals everywhere
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by chimexdnice1(m): 6:31pm On Jul 02, 2020
please *mention his name* because you will definitely be saving other potential clients here and other genuine service providers too. please mention his name. Thank you.
Focusmind:

7 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 7:21pm On Jul 02, 2020
chimexdnice1:
please *mention his name* because you will definitely be saving other potential clients here and other genuine service providers too. please mention his name. Thank you.
I agree

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by toxxnoni(m): 7:29pm On Jul 02, 2020
Screen casing.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by davodyguy: 7:55pm On Jul 02, 2020
Roof experts

Quotation for roofing sheet and fixing.

Wood work already done

Approximately 240sqm

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by armyofone(m): 7:56pm On Jul 02, 2020
Not sure if I have said thank you - thank you!

uncleteeh:

You will easily find this at Gate/Bus stop.
them plenty for dia.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by armyofone(m): 7:58pm On Jul 02, 2020
Thank you so much!!

EgunMogaji2:

Police Record: I got it from Iyaganku Police station about 7 years back.

Birth Certificate: from your local government office I think.

Marriage Certificate: from marriage registry of your local government

Not sure about price anymore since everything went up.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by alstacs(m): 9:47pm On Jul 02, 2020
saydfact:

Demolish it and build it right immediately... It might not be the owners fault but his inexperienced workers....

Key word... Build it the right way immediately.

Goodluck

Wrong advice on demolishing. I demolished a stupid thing like this once and spent 2 years in court for all sorts of criminal charges. He even reported I threatened his life.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by alstacs(m): 9:48pm On Jul 02, 2020
tonididdy:

That's only 6inches into your land.... Just saying lipsrsealed sometimes it's best to "let sleepinh dogs lie".
Àbí oh. Or you build your own where it should be and leave your number on top.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Adequate459: 9:50pm On Jul 02, 2020
ArcToyin:

Add the remaining courses 2 or 3 all round. After then is roofing.

I don't understand, please

(1) (2) (3) ... (1447) (1448) (1449) (1450) (1451) (1452) (1453) ... (3661) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Zzzdd and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.