Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,286 members, 7,807,971 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:32 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1454) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4365216 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1451) (1452) (1453) (1454) (1455) (1456) (1457) ... (3661) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by cjfbn: 7:04pm On Jul 04, 2020
JWTheocracy1:

I asked him earlier today, he said is for the pillars. Is just a storey building remodeling. Is the 20mm neccessary?
20mm is big.
How big are the pillars?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by saydfact(m): 7:10pm On Jul 04, 2020
Topmost11:
Pls, do I still need columns for this foundation. It is at DPC level now. 4 coaches in front and 6 at the back. Sloppy land but solid.
1. Do i step it down the rooms down to reduce filling( I don't realy want to do that) more so when you say foundation should not be more than 6 coaches.
2. Where should the door to guest toilet be, in the living room or outside?
3. how much will it cost for DPC to be done.
4.There I this black nylon they put that I always see.
5 What is the difference between it and the layer of concrete they put on top of this level of block?
6. I want to dig soakaway and septic tank and use the filling. Do I need 2 soakaway ( bathroom/kitchen waste water) and the normal toilet waste water. Or just channel the bathroom waste to the normal soakaway?
7.Will the sand be enough to do the filling(I have learnt here that filling is done in layers.)

I will post picture of dimension shortly

No. 1 I sent you a link already.

No. 2 that's your decision as the house owner

No. 3. Can't be less than 500k or slightly more if what you mean is German Floor.

No. 4.its the DPC for water proofing

No. 5. Answered in 3 and 4 above

No. 6. Yes (septic tank and soak away)

No. 7. It won't be enough but what you get would waoh you.

Goodluck

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by cjfbn: 7:12pm On Jul 04, 2020
valencia2012:

Like I said before, I am building in ABA but stationed in Enugu.
I can give you the number of a seller of rods in the building materials market in ogbor hill. He can assist you greatly.
If you have a trust worthy friend or family member, negotiate everything with the builder with exception of materials.Let your contact buy the materials.
Note that this can work if that person is always around to monitor usage.
It's hard out there.
Wish you strength
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by coldcandy: 7:14pm On Jul 04, 2020
Topmost11:
Pls, do I still need columns for this foundation. It is at DPC level now. 4 coaches in front and 6 at the back. Sloppy land but solid.
1. Do i step it down the rooms down to reduce filling( I don't realy want to do that) more so when you say foundation should not be more than 6 coaches.
2. Where should the door to guest toilet be, in the living room or outside?

1. Columns are a must especially in a sloping land. Also tie them round with a foundation beam. To avoid cracks tomorrow. If you don't want to step it down, then don't do it else you wont lov d house tomorrow. Consider the substructure high wall as a retaining wall
2. Dont place your vt door outside for security reasons!

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bigestPREEKhere: 7:26pm On Jul 04, 2020
i
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by valencia2012(m): 7:29pm On Jul 04, 2020
JWTheocracy1:

Thank you. Any idea of 16mm today proce in replacement of the 20mm? I will tell him not to use the 20mm as quoted.
Also, between metecopo and stone coated roofing sheets, which one is more durable considering a location where it rains more often? I was advised against stone coated by a seller I contacted off here, with reason that there's always a leakage experience... he told me to go for metecopo. Please which one is best recommended to be used ?

For certain reasons and style, am settling for the stone coated. I understand it is fire resistant and durable. On the other hand it is heavier. However, am convinced that for taste, stone coated is my choice, the weight isn't a problem because I have 32 columns of 16mm to handle it. Let some experienced builders in the house help us out too. Good luck to you.
Meanwhile, 16mm was sold for 3,600 naira, 12mm sold for 2,100 naira in Owerri today according my source.
And don't be in a hurry!!!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by valencia2012(m): 7:43pm On Jul 04, 2020
cjfbn:

I can give you the number of a seller of rods in the building materials market in ogbor hill. He can assist you greatly.
If you have a trust worthy friend or family member, negotiate everything with the builder with exception of materials.Let your contact buy the materials.
It's hard out there.
Wish you strength

A million thanks bro.
Unfortunately, am building in my village in Imo state and therefore, transport and logistics might cripple my purchases from Aba. To this effect, I have been buying from Owerri, Mbano Anara and Amaraku.
My cousin in Enugu has been handling the woodworks though. I also provide enough data to monitor activities through live video, when am free.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 7:46pm On Jul 04, 2020
bigestPREEKhere:
please tell me how to load my conlog ikeja electric prepaid meter
when ever i input the 20 digits i bought, i keep getting the error message in the pic.this is the first time i am loading. please help me fast. it is already 0.5unit left now

You need a code to activate it since this is your first time of recharging. Ask your neighbors for the code that has to do with your area.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dennis3D(m): 7:51pm On Jul 04, 2020
You can follow up with this project by clicking on this link...

https://www.nairaland.com/5955403/new-4-bedroom-duplex-construction

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by djtommy(m): 8:04pm On Jul 04, 2020
maidstone:
Good morning in here
Where can I get laterite cheaply in Ibadan please?
I need many truckloads of it for a new site in Ibadan
Thank you
please contact me
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by maidstone: 8:08pm On Jul 04, 2020
djtommy:

please contact me
Post whatever you want to say here

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bigestPREEKhere: 8:32pm On Jul 04, 2020
segzy14:

You need a code to activate it since this is your first time of recharging. Ask your neighbors for the code that has to do with your area.
thanks, i fixed it
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by joycluv: 8:53pm On Jul 04, 2020
Current prize of 0.45mm Long span Aluminium sheets needed plz. Thanks!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Person2person(m): 9:36pm On Jul 04, 2020
joycluv:
Current prize of 0.45mm Long span Aluminium sheets needed plz. Thanks!

0.45 longspan is 1400
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by SurveyorGeo: 10:21pm On Jul 04, 2020
segzy14:

Alternatively, make sure there is NEPA light, plug the iuc device to a powered socket and input your meter no. then press enter, a message will display saying successful, then input the 20digit code and press enter. it will display a message saying successful.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by SurveyorGeo: 10:26pm On Jul 04, 2020
Good evening people, I feel like sharing this information on this forum. It is cheap and safe to know the status of a land before making any financial commitment because in Lagos state for example, 60% (if not more) of land in Lagos are in government acquisition. Most people just buy land without knowing the status and they even build on the land. When you check the status a land, then you will know if it is a good land to buy. The cost of checking the status of a land is almost free but the consequences of buying government acquisition land can be torturing. This information is not limited to Lagos alone but this is prevalent in Lagos. For more information you can chat with me on WhatsApp.
https:///2348069018449 or call 08069018449

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by JWTheocracy1: 10:27pm On Jul 04, 2020
cjfbn:

20mm is big.
How big are the pillars?

Just a moderate size pillars.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by JWTheocracy1: 10:29pm On Jul 04, 2020
cjfbn:

It's hard out there.
Wish you strength

Yes bro, please I will need the contact. Thanks again.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by JWTheocracy1: 10:32pm On Jul 04, 2020
valencia2012:

For certain reasons and style, am settling for the stone coated. I understand it is fire resistant and durable. On the other hand it is heavier. However, am convinced that for taste, stone coated is my choice, the weight isn't a problem because I have 32 columns of 16mm to handle it. Let some experienced builders in the house help us out too. Good luck to you.
Meanwhile, 16mm was sold for 3,600 naira, 12mm sold for 2,100 naira in Owerri today according my source.
And don't be in a hurry!!!

Thanks bro.. I will work with that price.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 10:35pm On Jul 04, 2020
uncleteeh:

Budget 12m or more for the construction. We can help you work on an architectural design that will suite your pocket. don't hesitate to contact us at OAK Group. 08108408732 call/whatsapp
Turn key or Carcass? Ekiti not possible give ur rough bill.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 10:44pm On Jul 04, 2020
SAND

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by joycluv: 10:58pm On Jul 04, 2020
Person2person:

0.45 longspan is 1400
Thanks.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Kambols95(m): 2:09am On Jul 05, 2020
1. The first step to take after the purchase of your land is to call a licensed Surveyor to help you produce the survey plan. A survey is a document which shows the total area of the land you have purchased (in square metre), location of the land, name of the land owner etc.
For example, a 450 square metre land is equivalent to 1 plot, a 600 square metre is 1.33 plots etc

2. There is the need to consult an Architect for your Building design/drawing. It is important because a proposed building should have a plan. That is what should precede whatever structure one intends putting on the land. Also, for approval of the building from the town planning unit of the local council area, the architectural design must be provided. You start by entering into a dialogue with him/her and giving your brief.
Note: The drawing must be sealed by a registered Architect

3. There may be need to provide a structural drawing especially if the structure to be built is a multi-storey structure/duplex/framed building/sky scrapper etc. That can only be provided by a Structural Engineer

4. To be able to manage effectively the cost implication of the proposed structure, a client should consult a registered Quantity Surveyor (cost estimator) to give a detailed costing of the entire elements of the building from the foundation level to roof level. This will ensure you to have a clear view of how the project is going to span when the budget have been adequately put in place.

5. If it is a big project (not a residential building), the services of service Engineers (Mechanical and Electrical) is needed since the piping and electrical system will be run systematically for those kind of projects.

6. lastly, the Professional that will help to bring the client's dream of owning a befitting home to reality is a[b] Builder[/b]. By virtue of the training he/she may have passed through both academically and professionally, he interpretes all the drawings and documents produced by the above stated professionals to manage the building production process. He monitors and supervises the Artisans and Craft men on site to ensure compliance with those drawings and specifications.

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to summarize and effectively point out how each of these professionals fare in the construction industry.
I hope you find this thread helpful.
Together we can help to reduce quackery in the building industry.

If you find the thread educating, Please feel free to contact MAK DESIGNS AND CONSULT for your contracting and consulting services via
Email- makdesignsandconsult@gmail.com
Whatsapp-08037641814
Twitter- @KareemMuizAbio2

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by omanzo02: 5:44am On Jul 05, 2020
How suitable is 5 inches solid block for fencing work?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Perfecttouchade: 8:20am On Jul 05, 2020
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by tonididdy(m): 8:31am On Jul 05, 2020
uncleteeh:

If it's housing your parents alone, four bedroom is too much. Maybe you are including few Family members.
Well, the type of structure you wanna erect will determine the cost.
For something relatively simple. budget 5-7m.
I am an architect here, you can contact me for a befitting architectural design and even building constructional work.
08108408732 call/whatsapp.
7m plus finishings( tiles, plumbing, electricals?)
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by tonididdy(m): 8:33am On Jul 05, 2020
Good morning lads.
So I saw a comment somewhere on here (sadly cannot find the comment anymore).
... The poster said he built 3bedroom all masters, 2bedroom all masters and a-1room self-contained all finished for 10m
(Including tiling, plumbing, electricals...)

Is this possible?
(He even fenced the property with gate all for 10m).
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Enyinne(f): 9:40am On Jul 05, 2020
Anyone with idea of the average cost of making this cubicle bathroom glass washroom
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Person2person(m): 10:13am On Jul 05, 2020
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Person2person(m): 10:15am On Jul 05, 2020
Enyinne:
Anyone with idea of the average cost of making this cubicle bathroom glass washroom

the size and choice of accessories determine the price of the cubicle. its made of 10mm toughed glass, hinge or sliding also determined the price.... budget 100k above
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Enyinne(f): 10:18am On Jul 05, 2020
Na only glass oo ,tiles not included
Person2person:

the size and choice of accessories determine the price of the cubicle. its made of 10mm toughed glass, hinge or sliding also determined the price.... budget 100k above
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Ogunladeadeshin(m): 11:11am On Jul 05, 2020
I am a new member here amount of the shower cubicle is 95,000

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1451) (1452) (1453) (1454) (1455) (1456) (1457) ... (3661) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: DUKEOFIBADAN and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.